AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ratings for Shippuuden 04
Perfect 10 15 11.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 11.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 17.04%
7 out of 10 : Good 33 24.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 23 17.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 9.63%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 3.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 2.22%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.96%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-02, 12:42   Link #21
Zek
Eyebrows...

I won't mince words. This episode was terrible. I'm not talking about the content, because it was fine in the manga. I'm talking about the crappy animation and the really, really crappy pacing. I felt like I was watching the entire episode in slow-motion. I can tell that the anime team never wants to do a filler arc again, but they've gone too far in Shippuden. It's like they blew their entire budget on the first scene with Sasuke. I don't necessarily have a problem with them stretching out fights with filler, but if they're going to do it they should be adding combat scenes that are fast-paced like ninjas should be, not just playing things at half speed like they did in this episode. I lol'd when Naruto and Sakura got hit head on by Kakashi's water jutsu, and basically just got washed away, said "Oh nooo, our clothes got wet" and carried on like it never happened. Also, Kakashi's segment on Gaara after the preview made me want to vomit. It still is a kid's show, after all...

To you anime viewers who are enjoying this purely for the new content, take my advice and try reading the manga. I'm being totally serious here when I say that the animation is actually detracting from the scenes more than black and white images do. The anime has no soul anymore.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 12:43   Link #22
Watashi
Viggo-Sensei's pupil

I haven't read the manga, and to me this episode was pretty good actually...
Guess I was right when i decided to be patient, and watch the fillers without reading the manga.

Well. Still no Hinata. Why??!!
Watashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 13:13   Link #23
Lendial

awesome BGM i wish bleach used some of this stuff. animation was decent except for a few parts. i like how deidra said "hmm" like 59 times.
Lendial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 15:07   Link #24
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists View Post
Another thing was, how lame was Kakashi? He can blow fire right through his mask.........OOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKAYYYYYYYYY
Lol, nice observation. You'd think somewhere along the lines of storyboarding at least, someone would notice that error. That's anime filler for you.

And I'll second everything Zek said as well, anime only watchers deserve to know they're being fed inferior Naruto, in terms of storytelling and what not.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 16:23   Link #25
pandakwee

Overall, I'd have to say I didn't find this episode as exciting as I anticipated.... the one thing I really liked was the music they used during the entire first scene (probably about the first 7 minutes). I stopped watching the fillers about halfway through, so I don't really know what kind of music they had been using, but I found the orchestral music to be much more atmospheric than some the previous background music. I also felt that the sound effects of what was actually going on matched up better with the orchestral background rather than some upbeat JPOP tune.
pandakwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 16:32   Link #26
Lumir

On the contrary i quite liked this episode. I dont read the magna so i was quite satisfied with the way things were paced in this ep. The animation wasnt the greatest but the BGM made up for that.

Im actually quite glad their going at a slow pace, i dont want the anime to catch up to the magna too fast, and going with a slow pace creates a build up, at least for me.

As for the actual ep, it was awsome. Gaara using his insane powers without hesitation, and with pure control. You can really see how far he has grown in this ep since his childhood.

An as for the test of sakura/naruto, it kept me intrested. Naruto's understanding of the sharingan and kakashi's weakness, and how he used them to formulate a plan shows naruto's growth. In fact the plan was almost perfect simply because it required the least amount of effort and was easy to put into action.

Over all i would have liked to see some of naruto's new tech's but oh well that would be so fun if they showed them all in the beggining of the series. Way to go sakura, i wonder how much Ino has grown...
Old 2007-03-02, 16:36   Link #27
Nuzzles

As far as I'm concerned they really screwed up this episode. First off, the bell test was meant to be more orf a lighthearted fun exercise, at least that was the impression I got from the manga (yeah yeah, "come at me with intent to kill" whatever, it didn't feel that way at all), so why all the dramatic music? But if they didn't use dramatic music like that, there would've been too much contrast between the two scenes that they kept switching between. Which brings me to the other point, WHY THE HELL DID THEY HAVE TO KEEP INTERUPTING THE FIGHT? I mean, I understand why they did it, and it makes sense since in the manga bell test one minute Naruto and Sakura are fine and dandy and the next panel they're all worn out, and later on in the day, so it makes sense. But dammit, it doesn't make for a good fight!

Well, at least they made Deidara more manly looking in the anime.
Nuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 16:36   Link #28
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

It feels like watching fillers again..... wait...... I actually am!

This was a real shitty episode! I haven't read the manga.... well now I have cause I became curious if this was really "naruto", and as i guessed, it wasn't!
LESS THAN A CHAPTER! that tells pretty much.

omg I feel like throwing up!

After hearing Deidara saying "soon" like 10 times and waiting for his fucking hands to eat that shit up. It was like he was gonna show his triumph card, but after waiting 10min to see what would happen, he made 6 birds which blew up in like 5seconds.

And Kakashi's fight was just lame, Kakashi feels like as powerful as a squirrel right now, Juunin my ass, that was genin class.
made a fireball through his mask, some retarded water spell, flashbacks etc. etc. I can't stand it!
Is this supposed to be all Kakashi's got!?? And Naruto and Sakura!? It feels like they haven't gotten stronger at all, at least Sakura can hit hard, but that's about it!

ep 1-2 really blew me off, but now It feels like I'm only watching Naruto because of the BGM.

If they continue to make 1 chapter / episode, I don't feel like watching Naruto anymore, seriously!

The ONLY good thing is, that maybe the last episodes will be good since when the manga is finished, the anime team won't have to hold back on the manga chapters anymore.

I'd still like to have the good old Naruto back and another filler arc that I could just skip like last time, instead of having a full season of mediocre episode which are still 70-80% filler! that ruins naruto more than the filler arcs imo, since now, even anime based on the manga arc is fucked up.

at least Naruto was good for 135episodes before the fillers started. Now it feels like the only good episodes of shippuuden will be the first 2 episodes.

edit.
WTF is this!?
Spoiler:

Last edited by juggen; 2007-03-02 at 17:04.
juggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 17:10   Link #29
Nuzzles

I think one of the worst things was showing that Naruto's rasengan is about equal to Sakuras punch. And punching is alot more viable than having to stand around for a few seconds waiting for the chakra to mold. Edit: I mean, yeah, it's good to know that Sakura has become so strong, but Naruto using it (wasn't in the manga) just seemed silly. I can't put it into words properly at the moment since I'm listening and singing along to Primus, though.

Another thing that annoyed me was Sakura saying "He's behind the tree", telling Kakashi they know where he was. The way Naruto was going, he wasn't actually going to announce that, and actually do something ninja-ly for once. Then again, Naruto is a dumbass, so I can see why she'd think he was still a complete dolt, but still!
Nuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 18:19   Link #30
tatami
back in black

crappy animation again...when i look the faces i puke. r they still kids? or they are matured? why is everything moves slowly?
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 18:25   Link #31
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
7/10, slightly better than last weeks offering.

Strange, I actually enjoyed this episode. I just hope they seriously up the pace very soon.

What Tsunade said in the preview has made me a little worried. It would kill the mood completely if the next episode keeps switching between Naruto cleaning toilets and Gaara fighting for his life against Deidara. The animation team aren't that stupid...right? h

Good:

+ Apart from how Gaara looked, the part where Gaara chased Deidara through the village at the start with his sand was pretty cool.
+ There was something cool about how Gaara told Deidara about there being no bird like his in the desert. :P
+ Seeing another character get re-introduced.
+ The new music that played when Kankuro was looking for Gaara.
+ I liked how the entire population of the Sand village can do nothing but watch the fight in awe.
+ Gaara creating an arm out of a huge amount of sand. I loved the comment Deidara made afterwards about the geographical advantage Gaara has.
+ It was nice to see Naruto and Sakura realize just how amazing Kakashi is.
+ Naruto's plan to defeat Kakashi. Naruto and Sakura never had a chance of beating him in a serious fight, the only option being to use his perverse taste against him.
+ The cliffhanger ending.

Bad:

- Gaara looked like an alien at start when chasing after Deidara with his sand.
- I can't believe they started showing flashbacks of what happened 1 minute ago!
- Since when has Kakashi had the the ability to do seals at the speed he did them at?
- They did a flashback about something that had only just happened in the episode AGAIN. Do the animation team think we're all goldfish or something?
- You would assume Deidara would be more creative than throwing lots of slow explosive birds at a wall of sand.
- The episode lacked intensity and decent pacing. We want to see fast action, not Deidara throwing useless explosives at Gaara.

Last edited by Maes Hughes; 2007-03-02 at 18:51.
Maes Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 19:58   Link #32
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

A lot of people hating on Shippuden. I have to agree. The promise of the first two episodes seems to be gone. The pacing is waaaaay too slow. It's like pulling teeth.

I always got the impression from this fight in the manga, that Deidara was an intelligent and analytical character. But the filler added to this fight makes him more bomb happy and incautious. Too many useless bombs.

The bell test takes away from the fight and I wish they would have done it earlier like in the manga. I hope the anime team could learn that they can do an episode without Naruto getting significant screentime. The preview does make me worry that we will juxtaposition between the fight and Naruto doing stupid "filler" tasks.

At least it was cool seeing a few seconds of Shika, Kiba, and Rock Lee. Lee with nunchucks!
Old 2007-03-02, 20:34   Link #33
vhx

Is it just me or did this actually feel like HALF a manga chapter? Lol. Seriously, almost nothing happened really.

By the pacing of the first 2 according to the manga, I was hoping that by the 3rd or 4th we would be seeing the other characters grown up, but I expect maybe in 2-3 more episodes, sadly. The filler in these episodes is getting to rediculous proportions. TBH I almost prefer complete filler episodes to this. When you show flashbacks from 2 minutes ago, (Kakashi seals) it's truly laughable.
vhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 20:48   Link #34
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

All i can say about this episode is that the pace is way to slow. Even for some one who hasnt read the Manga ( Me <---- ) i can say its waaaaay slow.
Old 2007-03-02, 21:10   Link #35
defrule

Looks like the team has lost practice. I remember Naruto wasn't amazing to begin with but it picked up and that's how I got into. All we can do is pray.
defrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 21:19   Link #36
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I bring good news... well, kind of. At least, I think it is good news. Okay, okay. I won't drag it anymore.

According to the TV ratings for all the series that have aired between Feb 19 - Feb 25, episode 3 for Shippuuden didn't make the top 10 list for TV shows. Remember, that Shippuuden 1-2 made the 6th place with a 8.0 viewer rating, so not making an appearance in the top 10 chart is an alarming aspect if one is the producer of Naruto. If episode 4 doesn't make the top 10 either, then it might jarr a few decision maker to try to improve the rating. And how do you improve rating? Why, by airing stuff that will appeal to an wider range of audience, and not just those brain-dead kiddies who like shiny things.

Here is to hoping episode 4 won't make the top 10 either in the ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
I think Naruto will forever etch itself into my mind as the "what could have been" anime. I haven't seen any other anime (and I've seen quite a few) that's momentarily awsome but average at best the rest of the time. (And I'm not even taking the filler arcs into consideration.) The awsome points are, excuse me for being subjective, all from when they follow the manga by the panel. I was very pleased to hear about the extremely long filler arcs, because I thought it meant they were gonna keep their hands off the manga material for once. I was obviously wrong...
I so want to gloat at the moment by pointing out my various posts in various threads where I refered to the animators as dirty and conniving trickster and other relatively appropriate adjective, but I won't do it. You know why? Because the manga-readers such as yourself are hurting enough already without adding salt on their wounds. *monir points to Zek's post.

This is indeed a "what could have been" anime as evident from those momentary flashes of brilliance showed in one of those episodes that are few and far in between.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 21:25   Link #37
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Well everything pretty much has been said already... My main gripe was the unimpressive fight between Deidara and Gaara. Sand chasing the bird, bird evading, it just went on and on. Then finally Deidara does something back and it's some silly exploding birds. I've seen more impressive things from genin, and this is supposed to be a powerful member of Akatsuki? Don't make me laugh. Or cry.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 21:45   Link #38
Ashura3

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I bring good news... well, kind of. At least, I think it is good news. Okay, okay. I won't drag it anymore.

According to the TV ratings for all the series that have aired between Feb 19 - Feb 25, episode 3 for Shippuuden didn't make the top 10 list for TV shows. Remember, that Shippuuden 1-2 made the 6th place with a 8.0 viewer rating, so not making an appearance in the top 10 chart is an alarming aspect if one is the producer of Naruto. If episode 4 doesn't make the top 10 either, then it might jarr a few decision maker to try to improve the rating. And how do you improve rating? Why, by airing stuff that will appeal to an wider range of audience, and not just those brain-dead kiddies who like shiny things.

Here is to hoping episode 4 won't make the top 10 either in the ratings.
Thanks for the info, I was just about to ask if anyone knew how the japanese fanbase is talking it. Here's to hoping.
Ashura3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 22:06   Link #39
Rurik
Golden

Finished watching this Chapter, for me it was OK, I liked it better than the last one.

I have no complaint with the Animation or the Music, the filler part didn't bother me too much either, c'mon guys, we have to accept that fights will be plagued with fillers. Maybe the speed of the Kakashi Bell test fight look kind of slow, but It didn't bother me.

IF I'm going to complaint on Something, is just Kakashi doing The Katon Jutsu. So, Next Chapter is in the 15th???
Old 2007-03-02, 22:19   Link #40
Maxtro

Heh is it weird that I enjoyed the "bell" scenes more then the Garaa fight?

The way that they got the bells off of Kakashi was unique but it wasn't the method I was expecting.

Does anybody else remember way back near the beginning of the anime when Kakashi fought Zabuza? Because Kakashi used his Shariagan so much it exhausted him for days. My memory is a little fuzzy but THAT is Kakashi's true weakness. In the bell scenes Kakashi was even showing signs of fatigue, having to rest so often. It just annoys me that Naruto or Sakura didn't think about that when they were trying to rack their brains about Kakashi's weakness. Heck he even used Zabuza's water dragon. Why didn't they think about what happened when Kakashi fought Zabuza?
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote