AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-12, 12:23   Link #201
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Stalker's pretty much immune to everything except bullets now. -_- As for Lephantis, my Rhino was relying more on damage with Roar than Stomping. *shrug* Ran out of ammo a couple of times, but that's why I have ammo restores. So what I'd do is I'd run and avoid, then get into position, drop 3-4 ammo restores and just open up on a head and let my ammo restore as I used it up.

Ran some missions with SB bros, had a great time and did vault runs... though I also managed to fall into a hole and get stuck for a while. Oops.

Also was doing Survival runs with Kei, who kept forgetting to go and get the life support modules. Ah well. We also did an Orokin Derelict Defense mission, and came across a cunning plan for farming (I'm in the foreground, Kei in the background. The irony of male Whiskey and female Kei using female Saryn and male Loki is not lost on me ):

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Standing on top of the lampposts allows us to keep Infested aggro off us, and allows us clear lines of fire on the Infested attacking the Cryopod, and it's still in range of powers. Using an Ignis works wonders. Easiest stress-free farming I've ever done. Easily went from level 8 to Level 12 in 15 waves.

Thinking of doing another Orokin Derelict Assassination tomorrow night, but we'll see how it goes. And I really need to be doing more Voids; gotta build up my credits somehow...

And someone noticed that the Corpus Board are all color coded. At that point, this art was inevitable. And then I was inspired to make a song:

Images

They've got a profit and a board that you've never seen before
They've got the platinum to bid and to even up the deal
No one will ever buy them out
The profit lies on their side

Go, go, Corpus Rangers
Go, go, Corpus Rangers
Go, go, Corpus Rangers
Mighty Profit Corpus Rangers

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2013-11-12 at 12:44.
Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 01:17   Link #202
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Soloed Lephantis (again), got Nekros Systems blueprints (again), forgot to bring a Vault key and so stared uselessly at the Vault doors (again).

I don't quite get it... Lephantis is supposed to be dangerous, but my Rhino has no problems against him. Ah, well. *shrugs*

Also holy shit, TWO HOUR SURVIVAL RUN.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-11-14, 05:10   Link #203
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Tell me about it. Also, how awesome is the Vectis? This awesome:

Spoiler for Drachyench's Explanation on Vectis Setup, because it's LONG:

Also, the PS4 commercial:

YouTube

So glad I went Grineer, unlike that Excalibur and that Mag.
Wow, being cut apart and put in storage while still wearing that suit? That's pretty brutal.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 17:56   Link #204
KBTKaiser

Harvesting Salvage with vauban....zzzzzzzzz....I'm falling asleep between castings of vortex...
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 18:08   Link #205
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I've been raking in a good deal of loot lately myself, with the Nekro on survival by spamming desecrate over the mobs. Having master thief helps a lot too and I've gathered about 110k credits in one afternoon.

Still need to find vauban's systems but I haven't seen on alert yet which is annoying as I have everything (including the alternate helms) bar the systems all built in the foundry.

I've also joined a clan and have bought BP's for EVERYTHING available, now I just need to build some components and get my mastery up a few more levels...

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 07:21   Link #206
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Nekros is a really good frame for late game farming in survival since you get to reroll the drop using desecrate. I'm pulling in a lot more fusion cores with him than other frame. But outside of that, he's a fairly mediocre combat frame as Terrify isn't as powerful CC as others and his ultimate isn't insta mob wipe like most ultimates are.

Still trying to work with his Soul Punch ability, it's seems to do a fair amount of dmg but executing takes some aiming and positioning than others.

Finally finished maxing out my Synapse with 5 forma and it does crazy amount of dmg when paired with Electric shield on Volt. Definitely worth picking it up for folks who have a Volt frame as you turn a solid short range (20m) rifle into an infinite range dps machine doing 100% red crit @ 5.6x crit dmg. Though it is still affected by armor scaling and losses potency like most guns do as enemy lvl increases.
Old 2013-11-16, 20:27   Link #207
KBTKaiser

aaaand, yesterday I just finished maxing out all of my warframes to 30, so all I need to do now is weapons...

EDIT: to be exact, I have all the warframes 30'd, any Prime variant taking precedence over the non-prime and the non-prime being sold.
Old 2013-11-16, 21:55   Link #208
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Nekros is a really good frame for late game farming in survival since you get to reroll the drop using desecrate. I'm pulling in a lot more fusion cores with him than other frame. But outside of that, he's a fairly mediocre combat frame as Terrify isn't as powerful CC as others and his ultimate isn't insta mob wipe like most ultimates are.
Soma says hi. As does critbuild Vectis.

Quote:
Finally finished maxing out my Synapse with 5 forma and it does crazy amount of dmg when paired with Electric shield on Volt. Definitely worth picking it up for folks who have a Volt frame as you turn a solid short range (20m) rifle into an infinite range dps machine doing 100% red crit @ 5.6x crit dmg. Though it is still affected by armor scaling and losses potency like most guns do as enemy lvl increases.
Interesting. will need to try that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
aaaand, yesterday I just finished maxing out all of my warframes to 30, so all I need to do now is weapons...

EDIT: to be exact, I have all the warframes 30'd, any Prime variant taking precedence over the non-prime and the non-prime being sold.
Feeling a little jelly now.

Ran a T3 defense with SB last night. It was actually... Actually we were thinking we'd get pwned horribly, but now, we were actually alright. Of course it helped we had a Frost for defense and a Nova for priming, but still, it was surprisingly fun and effective for leveling my Vectis. Also picked up another Forma BP, so once my Vectis gets to 30, I'll Forma it for more options.

Also had a 75% Plat discount, so I bought 1k Plat and got Shred along. Makes farming Raptor ridiculously safe, lol, since i get in the bunker and shoot through the roof.

I now have Loki 26, Saryn 23, Ember 7 and Mag unranked. Shooting to get Nova helmet later so I can make Nova...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-11-18, 17:56   Link #209
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Soma says hi. As does critbuild Vectis.
Not sure what's your point here, i assume you want to say that soma and vectis is a substitute for ultimates then you're wrong. Even synapse + electric shield (the highest single target dps combo) doesn't negate the utility and dmg most ultimates can bring to the table.
Old 2013-11-19, 02:56   Link #210
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Not sure what's your point here, i assume you want to say that soma and vectis is a substitute for ultimates then you're wrong. Even synapse + electric shield (the highest single target dps combo) doesn't negate the utility and dmg most ultimates can bring to the table.
Wasn't saying that; my point was that even if Nekros' ultimate isn't as great as Rhino Stomp or Radial Javelin, that doesn't really matter for me because when I solo survival, I seem to have a knack for forcing enemies to come at me from a single direction, so it's more manageable for me even with just my guns.

But yes, good ultimates are lifesavers.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-11-19, 20:59   Link #211
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Ran a few missions with a friend of mine last night. Managed to sell her on getting an Ignis, after she saw how ridiculously effective it is. Ignis + Rifle Ammo Mutation = Virtually unlimited ammo. We also ran Tower 3 survival, and Ysi was impressed at how hardy my Saryn is. (Memo to self, need to get the Energy & Health x10 BPs. I've got 430k, so just a little bit more and I can make both of those BPs, and then start using up those Nano Spores. Stupid Infested, I don't eat Infested Flakes, I eat Loki Charms with Greedy Milk.) But I think tonight when we do Tower 3 again, I'm going to be using my Rhino and Soma, instead of Saryn and Vectis. (Unless we're running defense with SB peeps, in which case I'll probably run Saryn + Vectis to level them both, with Brakk as my backup.)

Mind, this is probably because it's Level 15 and I haven't slapped on all the useful mods, but the Vectis for me isn't as effective as the Soma on Tower 3 survival. Then again my Soma is Level 30, tatered, and completely maxed out - and I haven't completely leveled Soma, Split Chamber... I think I might just Forma my Soma tonight, just to give me another V polarity slot so I can get a biiiit more mod capacity. Point Strike is okay, Serration and Split Chamber could do with a bit of extra space, maybe put that towards Shred...

(Memo to self, either find Forma BP or put some of that plat to use.)

After almost two weeks of carrying the Viper as my secondary, I find it to be utterly utterly underwhelming. It has a nice ROF, but the reload is kinda slow, recoil is pretty high... maybe Twin Vipers will be better, but I doubt it. Still, it's at level 20. Here's to getting mastery. (If I want twin SMGs, I'll probably go for Gremlins or Afuris.)

Have only one more Fieldron to make and another 6k ferrite to farm and I'll be able to make my Flux Rifle and give it a spin...

Also, I think I need to rethink my Mag strategy. Ysi and I were doing Orokin Derelict Defense, and I kept spamming Pull... which started out well, but then I'd cast pull on an Ancient, and yank a whole bunch of them towards me, at which point I got poisoned to death. Oops. Still, pull is quite fun.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-11-20, 04:18   Link #212
KBTKaiser

Combo the pull with a Vauban's vortex next time.
Old 2013-11-20, 11:23   Link #213
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Neither of us have Vauban.

Just did a T3 Defense with SB guys. I took an unranked Nova into combat (fortunately, I managed to get 14 points of mod because Corrosive Projection 7, yes, XD). By the time we finished, my Nova was Level 12. Thats the fastest I've ever leveled any Warframe. XD

Also, SOma is great fun. Was planning to Forma it, but now I want to see what the changes Damage 2.0 will bring before I take action.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-11-20, 13:44   Link #214
KBTKaiser

You can already see a preview of damage 2.0 on their forums, at least.
Old 2013-11-20, 18:27   Link #215
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Yeah, just took a look at it. For the Soma, at least, Damage 2.0 looks quite interesting with the elemental combos. No more rainbow builds, which is a pity, but the proc chances look quite good, and I'm finding it quite interesting to look at. Given that my Soma is really a critbuild machine rather than an elemental-oriented weapon, I'm thinking that Forma-ing it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-11-21, 23:25   Link #216
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

So, some explanations on Damage 2.0 and an Elemental mixing chart. And a good explanation of elemental damage.

Basically, looking over the changes to the Soma, they've nerfed the Crit rate (62.5% with maxed Point Strike, vs 87.5% previously), Crit Damage is no longer cumulative, spread is larger and full auto recoil has been increased. It is still very accurate in short bursts, and in terms of handling, is now closer to a more accurate LMG (PKP) rather than a very accurate assault rifle with a large mag (HK416/M27), but you can no longer hold down the mouse button and watch everything die. That's the bad news (which isn't really that bad if I keep telling myself the Soma is a light machinegun.)

The good news?

Loading Serration +105%, maxed Piercing hit, maxed Wildfire and Cryo Rounds at +75% gives it Blast damage of 58, along with base damage of 14/24/22 Impact/Puncture/Slash. Which basically means that with every hit, the Soma is doing 118 damage. I think the greatly increased damage per shot is an acceptable tradeoff for reduced crit chance.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-11-21, 23:46   Link #217
KBTKaiser

have you tried the new ruk yet? Bugger's a Tank on steroids.
Old 2013-11-22, 00:37   Link #218
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Shit, shoulda farmed Ruk more when I had the chance. -_-

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-11-22, 11:06   Link #219
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

So after updating last night I've noticed a lot of my weapons seem......really weak ?

That aside my Torid is taking an absolute age to level and after a bunch of runs though the event stages its only at lvl9 =/

Also, yay trading ! shame you cant swap component blueprints tho =[

Edit: leveling weapons in general seems to have slowed ?? I just played through a solo exterminate mission on mars with a new melee weapon and it was still unranked by the end....

Last edited by Drake; 2013-11-22 at 11:57.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 12:42   Link #220
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Weapons are a lot more specialized now with the new dmg model. You need to pay attention to the dmg type and elements when going up against different type of mobs i.e Impact vs shield/robotic, Puncture vs armor, slash vs infested.

Also noticed the lvling is much slower now, probably due to the fact that enemy lvl is lower now compare to before eventhough their power level is effectively hgher prior to U11.

Tags
cyborg, fps, ninja