AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-12-24, 05:51   Link #9801
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
question: does the ELS infection can help improve the performance of a certain Mobile Weapon?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 07:11   Link #9802
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
question: does the ELS infection can help improve the performance of a certain Mobile Weapon?
Which certain one?

With the lack of information provided by the movie, I think few of us can give you clear, definitive answers. But we do know that some mobile suits, like GRM Gundam and 00 Qan[T] (possibly) could have been possibly upgraded thanks to the ELS. At least we do know that given the ELS-infected GRM was allocated a different model number, it is technologically different from the original one.

Besides, ELS are sentient beings. After making peace with humans, both races could have found bizarre ways to incorporate their technologies to strengthen each other's suits. This is especially true for the Sakibure; a ELS-controlled unit is created that is distinct from that of typical GN drive suits. This I think suffice as a point that ELS technology is helpful and ESF acquired/shared it to their advantage.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 13:06   Link #9803
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
It could in theory I suppose, but whether such is actually being practiced is very unlikely. The thing is humanity pretty much disarmed by the Epilogue, things of wars sort of became rare collectors items depicted by 00N, and no more mobile weapons exists. The Sakibure is officially classified as a Workloder even if it is powerful in a sense.

The disarmament process began as soon as the movie ended, where the ESF decided to continue disarming the army (something they started to do even before the movie started) after analyzing the lifeform geographical data provided by the ELS which shows the probability of another civilization intercepting Earth to be essentially zero.

But even though its not being used in mobile weapons, there's likely a lot of things the ELS can help out in terms of technological improvements in other stuff/areas.
Old 2011-12-24, 13:26   Link #9804
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That said, if humanity and the ELS come under attack, the ELS could just morph into mobile suits to protect themselves and the humans. But all things considered, at this point humanity would likely attempt communication before war.
Old 2011-12-24, 20:04   Link #9805
Vash1306
Pancakes

What technology is being shared by the ELS exactly? He mobile suits they become are not machines are they? I thought the ELS GN-X flying around in the movie are the ELS themselves (ie living beings, not machine/technology)?
Vash1306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 22:29   Link #9806
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

The ELS are morphers/shapeshifters, they simply changed form into the GN-XIV's and started pew pewing, they are sitll .. the same being, in the shape of a GN-XIV
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 01:29   Link #9807
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash1306 View Post
What technology is being shared by the ELS exactly? He mobile suits they become are not machines are they? I thought the ELS GN-X flying around in the movie are the ELS themselves (ie living beings, not machine/technology)?
Its more like the ELS "become" technology themselves. They are metallic shapeshifters but they also become ships, space stations, mobile suits and the like. Its more like they shift their shapes to become exactly like the machines but they're still alive and sentient. The seperation of machines and life that we are used to seem to be different for the ELS as they have the ability to morph into machines as they see fit.

But the ELS do possess technology though, and technology is more the knowledge of machines to put it in a simple way. Humans can still learn a lot from them. They possess the ability to developed things, as they developed their own Solar Energy System on their home planet prior to it being sun expanding before becoming cold. They also have assimilated many civilizations before, who have likely developed their own technology and likely possess data on many of them as they can probably just shift into them so a lot can be learned. Humanity can likely learn many new things by studying the ELS' forms that they took somewhere else or even made themselves. They're literally what their assigned name is, shapeshifting living metal. The difference with humanity machines is that the materials they are made off...........well they're not alive.
Old 2018-04-14, 10:25   Link #9808
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Yay, after six years plus, there’s something to post. Also, god I’m old.

Saw something on GameFAQS, cross posting info and links.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards...undam/76516179

From Gundam 00 Festival 10 “RE:Vision” Mechanics book

I assume it was given/sold at the Gundam 00 RE:Vision event yesterday. That event was advertised on the main gundam00.net official website.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

======

So I took a look at the scans:

- When Setsuna used the Quantum Burst, Graham’s mind met Setsuna. Setsuna guided Graham towards assimilation and he went back to Earth agterward. He also joined Celestial Being.

- Laetitia Erde is a clone of Tieria with his memories fully loaded. The original Tieria is current on a journey for the dialogues (IE he left with Setsuna to go to the ELS home world). Laetitia is left behind to help Celestial Being in Tieria’s absence. Theres a short wording about his personality but the text is to blurry to read properly, I assume they are saying he has the same one.

- Graham nicknames Exia Repair IV “Graham Gundam”.

Upper Right Picture
A. GN Bayonet
- Rifle Mode (Picture)
- Sword Mode (Picture)

B. GN Tachi (GNタチ) *

C. GN Battle Sword

D. GN Battle Blade

*(If my dictionary is correct, I think there might be a joke double meaning here about the Setsuna-Graham romance running joke from the Season 1 battles - or maybe it’s a coincidence. The word tachi/タチ is apparently colloquialism for dominant partner of a homosexual relation according to it.

Tachi can also mean long sword but that is spelled 大刀, which is not used here)
Old 2018-04-14, 11:23   Link #9809
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Wow...that's quite random. Good to see some mechanics again though. However it's crazy to see Graham Aker completely resurrected via the ELS, I don't know how to feel about it to be honest. Makes his sacrifice, and everyone else that fought at the battle kinda superficial if they can just be brought back to life. But it's not exactly new to 00...

But it's still great to see that they're throwing us some additional info post Trailblazer.

I love the GN Bayonet, a great design.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2018-04-14 at 16:20.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 13:03   Link #9810
solidvanz
Special Operative

From /a/ 4chan:

Gundam Exia Repair IV:
Previously piloted by setsuna F. Seiei, undergone it's 4th version upgrade. Now inherited by Graham who joined Celestial Being. Graham has called it the "Graham Gundam" of his own accord.

Gundam Dynames Repair III:
A modification of the Dynames Gundam that was the beloved machine of Neil Dylandy. Piloted by Laetitia Erde, an innovade who contains the copied memories of Tiera Erde.As it's name suggests it is on it's third modication.

Laetitia Erde:
An innovade created using the memories of from Tieria, sent to support Celestial Being that remained within the earth sphere by Tieria whilst Tieria remains in space to communicate with the ELS. The body and DNA is the same as that of Tieria, but has a different personality.

Graham Aker:
Thought to be dead after ramming a Large Type ELS with his Brave suit. Reunited with Setsuna within the high particle density space after Setsuna activated the Quantum System to converse with the ELS. Under the guidance of Setsuna Graham chose to merge with the ELS and return to earth.
Old 2018-04-14, 15:05   Link #9811
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

well, there goes Graham's heroic sacrifice redemption, but at least he's now a Gundam Meister which is ironically funny it mirrors Setsuna who pilots a Flag unit seen in the movie,

also would it be better if Laetitia is a female Innovade? to, ahem not repeat the gag of TRAPS involving his older brother in a certain ballroom party.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 15:34   Link #9812
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Innovades that are not meant to integrate to human society are not given any sex, so there’s a possibility that Laetitia is sexless. That said, a clone body of Tieria likely means that it’s male.
Old 2018-04-14, 15:37   Link #9813
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That same info said that close-knit groups like families result in Innovades being assigned a sex, which is why Tieria is male and Anew was made female before she was shipped off to infiltrate CB. With that in mind, Laetitia almost certainly has a sex assigned.

My bet's male, due to the usual Gundam humor, and the fact that with Tieria's memories, it'd help prevent dysphoria situations from arising.
Old 2018-04-14, 16:36   Link #9814
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Something else just occurred to me too.

Remember Raphael Dominions? The Raphael MSV that is one of the MS that Celestial Being uses to make combat interventions after the ELS first contact? To my knowledge it’s chapter profile never explicitly states who pilots it and it was hard to be 100% certain whether it was Tieria due to us not being sure of his own situation after the movie.

But now that Laetitia Erde has been revealed and have seemingly taken over Tieria’s place as a Meister due to Tieria being busy with ELS dialogues, it would make total sense if he is the pilot.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2018-04-14 at 16:54.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 05:13   Link #9815
coodie21

Graham still prefer the left arm of the GNX series ������
coodie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 07:16   Link #9816
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Interestingly, the GN Tachi is the first GN weapon in Celestial Being that is spelled using kanji that’s i can recall. The only other previous example was the GN Sword Kai, and even then the kanji was limited to the Kai denominator and not the Sword. Outside of Celestial Being, the only other example I believe was the Masurao/Susanowo’s beam sabers. It really is an anamoly

Aside from the likely wordplay as a joke in real life, I suspect Graham had a hand in naming it in-universe, given the Japanese nerd that he is.

As an aside, I’m sure he would also take Celestial Being’s Flag out for a spin from time to time.
Old 2018-04-15, 09:21   Link #9817
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

i 'd like to know how Setsuna and Tieria's conversation with the ELS goes involving Graham's survival, did the ELS tell them his body wasn't blown to pieces when he did the kamikaze run? why was Graham chosen in the first place of all other choices among many other people who had the same fate as him? because he was the closest one to reach the ELS mother ship?
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 10:53   Link #9818
thefreakmike

Its cause he is Graham motherfucking Aker!! Jk, likely just a selfish request from Setsuna
Old 2018-04-15, 14:02   Link #9819
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faux Mecha View Post
i 'd like to know how Setsuna and Tieria's conversation with the ELS goes involving Graham's survival, did the ELS tell them his body wasn't blown to pieces when he did the kamikaze run? why was Graham chosen in the first place of all other choices among many other people who had the same fate as him? because he was the closest one to reach the ELS mother ship?
Graham wasn’t the only one, plenty of people survived assimilation with the ELS as noted in 00N though those cases as far as we know doesn’t involve Setsuna. Assimilation =/= auto death.

There’s also nothing saying that Graham was the only one Setsuna communicated with either. Remember that the same time, Setsuna was also talking to the ELS while the Quantum Field was active and showing them what info about humanity and how what the ELS were doing was making the humans suffer (when their intention was the opposite).

Since it is now revealed he was in fact communicating with Graham in addition to the stuff he was doing in the movie, that leaves the possibility that he is communicating with other people too. We’ve seen him used the Quantum Brainwave Field to reach multiple people simultaneously before, notably Season 2 Episode 19 and 24. If the message can be genaralized and not require specific custom instructions for each case, like “To survive ELS assimilation, please do Step A, Step B, Step C....”, then that will allow him to reach more people with less brainpower.

He’s also shown in the movie to be able to see a lot of different things at a lot of different farawayplaces using his Innovator powers. This was while he was comatose and without the aid of an external Twin Drive machines either. So it appears that Quantum Brainwaves Fields are parallel, IE can be used for multiple instances at a specific time. This can be amplified further with a powerful machine like Qan(T) that was designed for the purposes of having a powerful Quantum Brainwave amplifier.

That said, Setsuna’s power and capacity is not infinite. Most of it is likely focused on getting through to the ELS where he failed the previous time with 00 Raiser Condenser. I just think it’s likely Graham isn’t the only one he helped especially if they happened to be in the area.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2018-04-15 at 14:20.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 14:12   Link #9820
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Ok so I don't mean to be nitpicky but...how is it that you can rearm the Exia, make a new Dynames Repair, but not finish armoring up the Exia's arm?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote