RDNexus

Yep. You reading the physical version? If yes, enjoy the ride
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-17, 16:29   Link #23442
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Yep. You reading the physical version? If yes, enjoy the ride
Kindle I just got to volume 6, but as you can see I don't care about spoilers so I like knowing what I am prepared for
Old 2019-07-17, 17:46   Link #23443
borisdrakoni

Apparently Overlap is going to be selling the art book at Comiket with an alternate cover.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Can't wait to see what else gets included in this book.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-17, 18:11   Link #23444
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
Kindle I just got to volume 6, but as you can see I don't care about spoilers so I like knowing what I am prepared for
Just like me. Good
Old 2019-07-18, 07:39   Link #23445
obnuchious

hope some kind soul could provide good quality scans of the artbook~~~
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 14:24   Link #23446
haseo0408

After watching episode 2 of the anime again I think it's safe to say it Will indeed cover up to volume 4, it wil feel right to see Hiyama panic after seeing Hajime alive, specially after that smug look he had for getting away with it.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 15:29   Link #23447
dimlik

Okay, I got a summary of third episode. Boris, everyone, will put it soon, wait for it (just a short one, so not to spoil the fun of watching next episode).
P.S. Oh people, I really doubt they will reach vol 4 with that pace and thanks god man! I would love to have max vol 3 and point. Better less dynamic events, but better pacing, no matter what you say.
Summary: First 12+ minutes are about Hajime and Yue's interaction, their story, they time together and so on. Won't explain it, but it looks like no flashbacks there to classmates or whatever, only them and their past, future... Actually, some new moments are added and I really liked it. Hope you will enjoy them too)
12 smth minutes a bit about Heroes, Kouki, Ryutaro and Meld... Training time!!!
13 min and to the end - flower monster, YOU SHOOTED and so on. Their interactions.
At the end... At least 4 episodes for vol 1, but it is thick af. So, there is still a chance it will be to vol 4 like 4/3/3/3.
No idea of the name of ep 4. BUT! The last three seconds HAVE Tio Clarus name in it ( eyes opening like by Yue's case? Lool)... Hmmm. Will they change it that much? Watch in the weekly episode reviews made by dimlik on Thursday night at 11 pm by Berlin time, when your granny is sleeping fast and sound!

Last edited by dimlik; 2019-07-18 at 16:00.
dimlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 16:33   Link #23448
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimlik View Post
Okay, I got a summary of third episode. Boris, everyone, will put it soon, wait for it (just a short one, so not to spoil the fun of watching next episode).
P.S. Oh people, I really doubt they will reach vol 4 with that pace and thanks god man! I would love to have max vol 3 and point. Better less dynamic events, but better pacing, no matter what you say.
Summary: First 12+ minutes are about Hajime and Yue's interaction, their story, they time together and so on. Won't explain it, but it looks like no flashbacks there to classmates or whatever, only them and their past, future... Actually, some new moments are added and I really liked it. Hope you will enjoy them too)
12 smth minutes a bit about Heroes, Kouki, Ryutaro and Meld... Training time!!!
13 min and to the end - flower monster, YOU SHOOTED and so on. Their interactions.
At the end... At least 4 episodes for vol 1, but it is thick af. So, there is still a chance it will be to vol 4 like 4/3/3/3.
No idea of the name of ep 4. BUT! The last three seconds HAVE Tio Clarus name in it ( eyes opening like by Yue's case? Lool)... Hmmm. Will they change it that much? Watch in the weekly episode reviews made by dimlik on Thursday night at 11 pm by Berlin time, when your granny is sleeping fast and sound!
Interesting stuff. I was more or less expecting the flashback segments to wrap up by this episode anyway. At most, maybe do the classroom scene from the prologue during Hajime's and Yue's chat after the scorpion. At any rate, glad that the pace still seems to be dialed back. Since volume 2 is actually longer than volume 1, I wouldn't put much faith in a 4/3/3/3 run. I would hedge my bets closer to a 4/4/4/1(anime original). The Tio bit could potentially be referencing the part of the extra chapter in volume 3 when the dragon folk learned about the hero summoning and she set out from her village to investigate.
Old 2019-07-18, 16:43   Link #23449
RDNexus

So Ep03 went up to where I thought it would. Vol01 may get done by Ep04, it should be enough

I understand you guys prefer a more faithful adaptation, but it'll feel WAY lackluster to not let the circle that began in Ep01 close at the end of Vol04 content.
If it ends on Vol03 content, it'll be a failed adaptation in my book, so I'm REALLY hoping for a 4/3/3/3 adaptation

Last edited by RDNexus; 2019-07-18 at 17:33.
Old 2019-07-18, 17:20   Link #23450
jagt

I have been always convinced that they would cut parts from the beginning of volume 1 because the scenes back then were relatively less interesting, the only scenes from the first volume's beginning I really miss are the scenes between entering Orcus for the first time and Hajime's fall, I think from now on the only moment from the classmates' pov they're going to show us is when after training a little more they go to the 65th floor through the right way and defeat the behemoth and Eri saying to Hiyama " I know it was you".

I think I prefer the adaptation to reach just until volume 3, otherwise they would have to cut too many scenes from volumes 2,3 and 4 to reach there, Hajime leaving Aiko and Yuuka behind in Ur after rising their flags seems like a good moment to stop. The town with a lake between mountains that appears at the beginning of the opening maybe is Ur, if it's I think that's quite the big hint about the adaptation being just until volume 3.
jagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 21:34   Link #23451
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
So Ep03 went up to where I thought it would. Vol01 may get done by Ep04, it should be enough

I understand you guys prefer a more faithful adaptation, but it'll feel WAY lackluster to not let the circle that began in Ep01 close at the end of Vol04 content.
If it ends on Vol03 content, it'll be a failed adaptation in my book, so I'm REALLY hoping for a 4/3/3/3 adaptation
The thing is, volume 4 doesn't really resolve anything in terms of the plot lines set up at the beginning of the story either. Kaori's joy at reuniting with Hajime is tainted by her shock at his transformation and the pressure of Yue's existence. Hiyama goes a bit crazier, but gets off practically scot-free due to Hajime's indifference. Eri's true colors are still a mystery. Kouki gets some decent, but ultimately pointless advice. Aiko gets kidnapped. To me that just doesn't really seem like a satisfying place to end it unless they were planning on a continuation, and I think we can all more or less agree that it would take something approaching divine intervention to guarantee that at this point. At any rate, if you want to talk about coming full circle, then it would be volume 6 where all those early threads are finally tied off. By that point, Kaori has already overcome her issues and has been accepted as an important companion by Hajime. Hiyama finally crosses Hajime's bottom line and is executed in a manner that closely mirrors what happened to Hajime. Eri reveals herself as the shadowy string puller. Kouki's position as class leader is fully supplanted by Hajime. Et cetera.

As far as endings go, both volume 3 and volume 4 are actually nearly identical in many regards. Hajime and crew save the day. He coldly murders the person responsible, upsetting several people. Then he and his companions ride off into the sunset to continue their journey. The other characters are left behind to mull over what happened.
Old 2019-07-19, 01:18   Link #23452
RDNexus

I understand your PoV on the matter. Yes, Vol06 would be a way better stopping point. For a 2-cour series, that is.
As I read the LNs, even if it wasn't a definite resolution point, I felt like Vol04 and Vol06 were great stopping points for an adaptation, were it 1 or 2 cours.
It's just how I feel as a LN Reader, and how I hope the adaptation goes. As far as Ep01&02 went in terms of pacing, my hope is still standing.
Old 2019-07-19, 11:50   Link #23453
borisdrakoni

New Nichijou chapter is out. It was pretty funny having the Yue and Kaori pairs pausing their duels to watch the hot Hajime on Hajime action. Also, the fact that most of Hajime’s damage is self-inflicted. Wonder what will happen when Nichijou catches up to the novels in a few months.
Old 2019-07-19, 12:11   Link #23454
RDNexus

Isn't it possible they'll somehow stall the Nichijou chapter contents until LN11 is released?
Old 2019-07-19, 15:45   Link #23455
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
The thing is, volume 4 doesn't really resolve anything in terms of the plot lines set up at the beginning of the story either. Kaori's joy at reuniting with Hajime is tainted by her shock at his transformation and the pressure of Yue's existence. Hiyama goes a bit crazier, but gets off practically scot-free due to Hajime's indifference. Eri's true colors are still a mystery. Kouki gets some decent, but ultimately pointless advice. Aiko gets kidnapped. To me that just doesn't really seem like a satisfying place to end it unless they were planning on a continuation, and I think we can all more or less agree that it would take something approaching divine intervention to guarantee that at this point. At any rate, if you want to talk about coming full circle, then it would be volume 6 where all those early threads are finally tied off. By that point, Kaori has already overcome her issues and has been accepted as an important companion by Hajime. Hiyama finally crosses Hajime's bottom line and is executed in a manner that closely mirrors what happened to Hajime. Eri reveals herself as the shadowy string puller. Kouki's position as class leader is fully supplanted by Hajime. Et cetera.

As far as endings go, both volume 3 and volume 4 are actually nearly identical in many regards. Hajime and crew save the day. He coldly murders the person responsible, upsetting several people. Then he and his companions ride off into the sunset to continue their journey. The other characters are left behind to mull over what happened.
I think it's best that the anime ends with volume 4 because it closes the circle of the plot thread, and that's very important for Hajime's character development, after all Kaori along with with play a key role softening Hajime.

Leaving with just meeting Tio Will feel like they don't about Kaori and all her struggle to reunite with Hajime, well, there are 13 episodes si they might make it and most likely will.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-20, 10:19   Link #23456
ultramanfanz12

still no new orcus travel?
ultramanfanz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-20, 11:27   Link #23457
RDNexus

Has the author said anything recently about the anime?
Old 2019-07-20, 11:45   Link #23458
Algester

Shirakome Ryo said he will be able to update the web novel by august I'm guessing when the anime is 50% done so last week of august would be fair game
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-22, 11:54   Link #23459
borisdrakoni

Well, episode 3 was solid. Unfortunately, the action segments are still hampered by the animation quality, which is probably why a lot of them are being cut short, altered, or omitted. A little more exposition in places wouldn't hurt either for the viewers unfamiliar with the series. On the other hand, the interactions between Hajime and Yue nailed the character dynamics presented in the novel. Yue is incredibly cute, and the tone is already starting to shift more towards comedy. Shea will be a welcome addition here in a couple of episodes or so.

The third short is titled "The Vampire Princess Loves Head Pats". It's a bit more on the sweet side than the funny side, but Yue is adorable.
Old 2019-07-22, 15:06   Link #23460
RDNexus

Well, I expected the plant monster fight this week, but reaching the final floor? Interesting...
Given the pacing and Ep04 title, "Guardian of the Depths", I expect Vol01 to get done next week.
Then, it'll depend on Vol02's pacing to see how far the series may go.

Last edited by RDNexus; 2019-07-24 at 09:42.

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel