AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-05-20, 06:22   Link #601
Parousia

@Rozmdan

Your avatar resembles an actual burst linker in the Light Novel.

His name is Azure Heir, his description that matches yours are his color, does not belong in a legion, body type, he is also focused in close combat due to his enhanced armament called "The Infinity" . But still your idea is good.
Old 2014-05-21, 17:11   Link #602
Rozmdan
Nameless

Ah so there was a burst linker with azure as the color. I must have missed it. That's a shame...
Old 2014-05-29, 04:16   Link #603
YoshinDonuts

I'm guessing about what will happen if the novel goes into 2 saisons...
Part one is for introducing the characters and the world, then second part for the development.

So that's why I imagine an end of the first saison which would be :
- during the first year high school of KYH
- the number of players would reached 3000 and there would be more than 10 in her school
- a member of the ARS is willing to capture her on using the 10 and her sister
- knowing his plans due to... , Niko will prevent Haru and they will go to help KYH
- after the battle, Niko and Haru will lost their BB but not their memory thanks to WC (in fact, she is on the good side but cause to certain circomstance ...)
- KYH will be trapped in AW

And for the second part :
- we will know that AW is everywhere in the world and ARG will create portals to connect the majors cities
- KYH is Yui (Daughter of Kirito and Asuna) with a new memory and a real body, she has a special thing in her that ARG needs.
- ARS is behind everything, they forced Kirito to create AW but AW is not complete
- Kirito put the missing program in KYH and Asuna became WC to protect her
- Cause Haru and Niko didn't forget, they have a great suffering in which they can use to come back to AW (once you forget AW, you also forget the past suffer so that's why people couldn't come back but Haru have a greater suffer than before, so he have a seconde chance) with the help of WC
- they hide the part that they can access in AW from their friends cause they are monitored by ARS
- now Haru has an human avatar with an armor (he lost his avatar) which means his humans avatar has the same stats in the RL and the armor give him some power like flying. so during 2 years, he trains his body and become an hot guy.
- Haru doen't go once again in AW but in another world create by WC/Asuna, in this world accelered 10 000 times more than normal, he trains and studies everyday 5hours (RL) per days which we add 4hours of training body in the real life
- his friends don't notice his changement (they think that he losed his suffer in his heart and AW, so for them, it's normal that Haru gain taller and thinner through sport)
- AW community reach 100 000 childrens in the world (18 years maximum)
- the goal of ARS is to making a new world which people could live more than 10 000 years
- KYH's body is hided by ARS (in a sleeping mode, she is still 15)
- the second part begin with Haru 16, Niko 13 and WC going again in AW.
- so KYH is black cause she appear from nothing

I watched the anime and some summary of the light novel, and without knowing I imagined this. So I wanted to share my though, could you correct some part or add something that can make it more consistent with the light novel.

ps: sorry for my bad english, i'm still in my fifth year of english.
Old 2014-08-30, 02:41   Link #604
Parousia

Does the Fluctlight's lifespan in SAO also applies in BB?
Old 2014-08-30, 04:48   Link #605
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

It's not known at this point. Although it is confirmed that Fluctlights are present in both works, the exact mechanics of the Main Visualiser aren't known in Accel World.
Old 2014-08-31, 06:49   Link #606
Parousia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
It's not known at this point. Although it is confirmed that Fluctlights are present in both works, the exact mechanics of the Main Visualiser aren't known in Accel World.
Also is there a volume where an explanation of Fluctlights in BB is written? What volume is it?
Old 2014-08-31, 08:00   Link #607
HasuMasu
*Artist

There's one at the end of volume 4.
Old 2014-08-31, 20:22   Link #608
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

The bulk of the explanation comes in Volume 15.
Old 2014-08-31, 23:06   Link #609
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolySin View Post
Does the Fluctlight's lifespan in SAO also applies in BB?
It's unlikely to have the same lifespan. From the point of view of the unlimited neutral field, it's existed for 8000 years. A Burster Linker whose managed to average a dive time in it of about 8 hours per day, will be spending nearly a year in the UNF per day, and by the end of just one year, will have spent nearly 3 and a half centuries in the UNF. A veteran that's averaged that dive time over 6-7 years of BB's existence will have spent over 2000 years in the UNF.

Given that when Haruyuki goes to learn the IS, we learn that you can sleep in the UNF instead of in the real world, it would not be all that difficult to rack up that much time per day from the standpoint of having free time in the real world. Just dive in while you are supposed to be sleeping.

Given those two things, it's implausible that no one has dive time exceeding the theoretical lifespan of SAO Fluctlights. It's far more plausible that multiple people have, and simply haven't had any issues.
Old 2014-09-01, 00:46   Link #610
Parousia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
It's unlikely to have the same lifespan. From the point of view of the unlimited neutral field, it's existed for 8000 years. A Burster Linker whose managed to average a dive time in it of about 8 hours per day, will be spending nearly a year in the UNF per day, and by the end of just one year, will have spent nearly 3 and a half centuries in the UNF. A veteran that's averaged that dive time over 6-7 years of BB's existence will have spent over 2000 years in the UNF.

Given that when Haruyuki goes to learn the IS, we learn that you can sleep in the UNF instead of in the real world, it would not be all that difficult to rack up that much time per day from the standpoint of having free time in the real world. Just dive in while you are supposed to be sleeping.

Given those two things, it's implausible that no one has dive time exceeding the theoretical lifespan of SAO Fluctlights. It's far more plausible that multiple people have, and simply haven't had any issues.
Thank you for giving that answer.

But, considering your explanation, then Fluctlights in BB are somewhat preserved by a method and I'm curious how BB did that.
Old 2014-09-01, 00:52   Link #611
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

If the hardware is similar to SAO, then Fluctlights should be stored in a Lightcube, a single unit of a Lightcube Cluster which forms the Main Visualiser.
Old 2014-11-02, 07:00   Link #612
HasuMasu
*Artist

«Shameless Advertising»

It's an AU with...actually a lot of changes.

It starts in highschool instead, but it's not like the middleschool setting was that important to begin with...

I guess the biggest change to the setting would be the fate of the Red Legion. After Red Rider died, more than half of the members transferred to the Gold Legion «Andromeda» under the Level 8 Gold Rush.

Scarlet Rain still eventually became Level 9, but her «Prominence» doesn't have a lot of members or territory.
Old 2014-11-02, 07:33   Link #613
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Well hi there, alice with lots of As in her name
Old 2014-11-02, 07:36   Link #614
HasuMasu
*Artist

I only have two. ...or three

I just realised something might be really confusing...

Archsky Rising is just some WRMMO among thousands. It's not important, and you'll probably never see it again after Chapter 1...probably.
Old 2014-11-02, 07:40   Link #615
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

I see.

I think the only part that made me realise it was another MMO was the last part, when the phantom girl activated Physical Burst. So you might want to expand this chapter a little more, tell us how the cast is in a party quest at the brink of failure, when this unknown girl shows up and brings down the boss. It would make this first chapter much easier reading.
Old 2014-11-02, 07:42   Link #616
HasuMasu
*Artist

Sorry about that. I didn't think it was that confusing.
Old 2015-07-09, 00:01   Link #617
Taser Maniac

My avatar, Black Scythe

Curious of what you guys all think of my character. Sorry its a bit long but i started writing and it ended up growing more and more lol.

Player Name: Conner Lykke
Color: Black
Legion: wants to join Nega Nebulas
Focus: physical damage and evasion
Level: 6

Appearance:
-Taller than most Avatars giving an almost sinister presence of command
-All black armored limbs with clawed fingers
-Rest of body is hidden under black tattered robes
-Face is covered by a hood with only green eyes glowing
-Two onyx horns curve from the shadow of his head inside the hood

Level up Bonus Distribution: has focused on his basic attacking strength in order to get the full benefit out of his first special ability

Enhanced Armament: Soul Striker (onyx black scythe with green gems along the blade)

Abilities:
Death Swipe- one strike ignores all armor and damage resistances dealing true damage

Ethereal Jaunt- for three seconds everything passes through Black Scythe (has even fallen through the floor on multi floor buildings before learning to focus)

Background:
Connor is an exchange student from the United States. His father is an Air Force Captain and was assigned to Tokyo two years ago. Connor has gotten used to moving around a lot and has learned how to make friends quickly but has a hard time understanding most japanese names. Luckily he made friends with Hirohirto, which Conner just calls Hero, who introduced Conner to the Brain Burst app.

When he finally linked up in the accelerated world, Hero was completely caught off guard when Conner showed up as Black Scythe with his demonic avatar. Normally Conner is a good guy, always friendly and willing to help. This made Hero wonder what really horrid scar Conner had to have to make his avatar look like Death itself.

Things got even stranger when Black Scythe used his special ability in a duel with Hero's avatar, Iron Bishop. When Black Scythe attacked with Death Swipe Iron Bishop tried to block the attack but Black Scythe's attack faded right through striking him, and winning the duel. When the two started talking about it in their homeroom class, Conner figured it was something to do with wishing he could get an answer from his father who always seems to deflect the topic.

It only a month for Conner to reach level four since he hadn't joined any clubs at school and spent most of his time dueling. He had joined up with a group of other avatars to fight an Enemy. The enemy looked to be a huge cyclops with a club and was tossing the group around like a couple of rag dolls. Some how Black Scythe developed a new ability in the middle of the fight and was able to phase out when the Cyclops would try to strike him with its club. This ability was able to give Black Scythe the chance needed to slay the enemy and get his group back to the spawn point.

After his trade mark abilities become more well known among other players people quickly began to refer to him as the Demon Reaper. Giving most players that did not know him a some what bad reputation. Though usually if a challenger stuck around long enough would learn that he is a generally honorable and sporty player. Looking to have a good time and become stronger with each match.
Old 2015-07-09, 00:19   Link #618
HasuMasu
*Artist

Chapter 2: Brain Burst

Probably...no definitely, in the next chapter, we'll see <<Steel Owl>> in action.

Tags
discussion, fanfiction