Notices

Old 2019-07-31, 00:55   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Gundam Build Divers Re:RISE - General and Episode Discussions

Welcome to the discussion thread for Gundam Build Divers Re:RISE|

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

________

On related noted. I don’t think I will do episodic thread form now on due to lack of activity. So any episode discussion will be in here

Last edited by RRW; 2019-08-26 at 01:03.
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-31, 01:15   Link #2
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
YouTube

________

On related noted. I don’t think I will do episodic thread form now on due to lack of activity. So any episode discussion will be in here
Better update the thread title to reflect that then, something like "General and Episode Discussion" so there's no confusion.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-31, 02:51   Link #3
Chosen_Hero

I hope that the game got better and actually competent administrators (the ones from Build Divers laughably useless) and that there is no magical data loli, but I am sure that one blonde girl will fill the role because Gundam series gotta have some sort of princess type character for some reason.
Old 2019-07-31, 04:15   Link #4
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Let's see...

Director: still the same mixed-bag Shinya Watada

Series Composition: same writer as.... City of Sin? Body Transfer?? Bible Black???
To be fair, Yasuyuki Muto also wrote the screenplay for the entire Gundam Unicorn OVAs. That actually gives me a little bit of confidence, but after GBD, my expectation is more-or-less still rock-bottom. I hope that'll help me enjoy Re:Rise later.
Old 2019-07-31, 08:21   Link #5
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so are we finally going to have a kit for the Walking Dome? but as an HG? as the thing is massive unless they size it down or something.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-31, 21:01   Link #6
Wandering Soul

I'm honestly not expecting much after Build Divers so it shouldn't take much for this series to impress. Hopefully, it can do more than that I can enjoy it like I enjoyed the first two series.
Old 2019-08-01, 04:01   Link #7
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

I just realize Sunrise Beyond (Xebec) is the main studio. Interesting how it goes

Old 2019-08-01, 05:30   Link #8
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
I just realize Sunrise Beyond (Xebec) is the main studio. Interesting how it goes
Is this Xebec's first anime under the "Sunrise Beyond"-label?
Old 2019-08-01, 22:29   Link #9
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Is this Xebec's first anime under the "Sunrise Beyond"-label?
Yes, they only did ibo mobile game movie before.

Old 2019-08-07, 16:59   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Why won't they go back to Build Fighters?
Old 2019-08-08, 05:05   Link #11
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Because rehashing the same thing over and over is a fucking awful idea that will lose them money, and people need to let go of their Reiji-boners.
Old 2019-08-13, 09:36   Link #12
Chosen_Hero

^Because Gundam has never rehashed anything. I mean, it's not like the Build series is meant to rehash from past Gundam series to sell Gunplas or anything, right?

Besides, the first Gundam Build is still the best of the Build bunch, Try was just a shitty harem anime disguised as a Gundam anime and single handedly ruined the series to the point where it they had to redo the series with Divers and Divers season 1 is just SAO crap but with Gundams.

It's going to take a miracle for this anime to not only set itself apart from last season but to get out of the writing sinkhole the series has gotten itself into and to erase Gundam Build season 1 from the fans minds.
Old 2019-08-13, 10:08   Link #13
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Besides, the first Gundam Build is still the best of the Build bunch, Try was just a shitty harem anime disguised as a Gundam anime and single handedly ruined the series to the point where it they had to redo the series with Divers and Divers season 1 is just SAO crap but with Gundams.
Unless your definition of "single-handedly ruining a series" is selling tons of Gunplas more than the first GBF and giving the franchise a female & little bear mascots to milk like crazy then I don't know what you're talking about. Try was/is a financial success. Try also doesn't have the dreadful Build Knuckle that gets repeated again & again in the show. At least Sekai has variations with his Jigen Hao techniques. Try also doesn't have a mustache-twirling villain like in GBF and goes full-on sport instead which is a relatively good thing & a fresh way to do a sequel. Is Try's writing a slight downhill from GBF? Debatably so, but ruining? Nah....

Also, GBD did not exist as a result of Try failing (because Try didn't fail). It's just, ever since Gundam 00 (and the bitter lesson called AGE), Ban-rise tend to give an AU Gundam series just two seasons (+ a movie, if they want) to wrap up the story so that they can jump to a new AU next. For example, IBO was a big success, but instead of making another season, they made a mobile game instead.
Old 2019-08-13, 13:06   Link #14
Chosen_Hero

^I will admit that I exaggerated a bit there about it ruining the series, but it turned off quite a lot of fans that stay away from the build series and the only they keep tabs for the only thing good about Try, the new Gundam variants and designs which is about the only thing that is actually a success about that show.

As for the existence of Divers, in my personal belief I do think that they just wanted a redo after Try, especially whoever wrote Divers. Try added so much unneeded bs and steered the series from what was established that the writing and characters suffered massively, that there is a failure. At best all you can say about Try is that it sold more Gunpla and it gave the hentai mangakas more girls to draw and not much else.

IBO not getting a new season is mostly because the story is over and finished the way it was supposed to and is not supposed to have a sequel, and I say this as someone that wants a sequel to IBO.
Old 2019-08-13, 14:01   Link #15
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
^Because Gundam has never rehashed anything. I mean, it's not like the Build series is meant to rehash from past Gundam series to sell Gunplas or anything, right?
Please don't try to be witty and biased when you don't know the definition of a term. You don't know what a rehash is, because your example sure as hell isn't that.
Old 2019-08-13, 15:59   Link #16
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
As for the existence of Divers, in my personal belief I do think that they just wanted a redo after Try, especially whoever wrote Divers. Try added so much unneeded bs and steered the series from what was established that the writing and characters suffered massively, that there is a failure. At best all you can say about Try is that it sold more Gunpla and it gave the hentai mangakas more girls to draw and not much else.

IBO not getting a new season is mostly because the story is over and finished the way it was supposed to and is not supposed to have a sequel, and I say this as someone that wants a sequel to IBO.
There's a reason why most episodes of GBF: Battlogue (remember those shorts?) took place in Try era: that's because Try is more successful than GBF and Ban-rise was capitalizing on that. If they truly considered Try a fail, then they would've made all Battlogue episodes took place in GBF era like the very last episode. Also, Try gets a movie/OVA treatment (Island Wars) that wraps up the overall GBF story just fine (by showing us Reiji & Aila's daughter as a last-minute reveal). In short, Ban-rise embrace Try but they stick with their "two seasons rule". They did it with 00, GBF & IBO so far.
Old 2019-08-13, 20:23   Link #17
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Obelisk, you're not going to get anywhere with a close-minded hater.
Old 2019-08-22, 18:12   Link #18
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

I'll still give it a shot even though I dropped the first series halfway through. Going in with low expectations

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-22, 20:48   Link #19
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
There's a reason why most episodes of GBF: Battlogue (remember those shorts?) took place in Try era: that's because Try is more successful than GBF and Ban-rise was capitalizing on that. If they truly considered Try a fail, then they would've made all Battlogue episodes took place in GBF era like the very last episode. Also, Try gets a movie/OVA treatment (Island Wars) that wraps up the overall GBF story just fine (by showing us Reiji & Aila's daughter as a last-minute reveal). In short, Ban-rise embrace Try but they stick with their "two seasons rule". They did it with 00, GBF & IBO so far.
From my point of view they look more like the director wanted a second season but was denied that chance so he just decided (or settled) for making shorts about Try. If Try had been as good of a success as you make it then it would have gotten a proper second season, besides, those shorts exist mostly just to show off the new gunpla designs they were trying to sell at the time, pretty sure it had nothing to do with Try supposedly being a success.

But whatever, lets agree to disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Obelisk, you're not going to get anywhere with a close-minded hater.
A close minded hater would not have watched the shows in the first place, they would make the same kind of comment as you, without knowledge about the thing they are talking about. Next time don't try and label people close minded haters just because they hold a different opinion because you end up being the close minded one.
Old 2019-08-25, 07:55   Link #20
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

https://www.gundam.info/news/video-m...190825_26.html

More info

VA
Hiroto: Chiaki Kobayashi
Kasami: Masaaki Mizunaka
Mei: Mai Sugami
Palvis: Mayu Minami
Freddy: Ai Kato
Eve: Inori Minase
Mukai Hinata: Shion Wakayama

OP: Rerise (Spira Spica)
ED: MAGIC TIME (Sudanna Yuzuri)

also Captain Zeon

Images
Captain Zeon