AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-04-29, 09:52   Link #941
bio9205
Reborn

I agree. The AGE OP3 is fantastic both visually and song-wise, blows the other 2 out of the water.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 09:58   Link #942
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Yeah, after a few more listens, it's certainly the best one so far. Song isn't as great as #sharp, but still pretty fantastic.

Listening to the AGE 2 OST now, and it's certainly more ... techno than I expected
Old 2012-04-29, 10:17   Link #943
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
The 3rd Op will have to grow on me like the 2nd one did, but so far the 1st one is the only one I've really liked straight out of the gate. So far for me the 2nd one has had the best visuals, the 1st the best song and the 3rd....well not quite sure yet as I mentioned.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 10:27   Link #944
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Certainly, if I were to rank it, it is without a doubt the best AGE opening so far thanks to the fact it meshes the song and the visuals exponentially well, to the point where both of them complement each other. Of course, I feel like the song isn't really as good as #sharp was, but then again that's what I felt about each OP, and if there was anything that I learned from this show, is that it has some pretty damn addictive Opening music

Ranking:

Music- OP 2> OP 3= OP 1

Visuals- OP3 > OP 1 > OP 2

Overall- OP 3 > OP 1 > OP 2

I have to say, casval, you were right after all, this opening is pretty vivid alright I will say that Natoli looks pretty hawt, I hope she's as great of a captain as Godreck was, and not another Millias

In other news, look what came in the mail today

Spoiler for Awsm cakes:

I checked, and it's not on the first OST. Probably going to be on the new one, so I'll give it a listen and come back to you

(also, sorry garreto, but I haven't found the song you asked about my only conclusion is that it's either a re-mix or an unreleased track, but even then I can't seem to find it in the 0079 series ...)
Third times a charm. IMO, best match with the visuals among the three. I do want to hear the complete version first as a standalone song (versus Galileo Galilei's) before ranking it.

Another thing, this OP contains the best teasers. I didn't expect the moe vegan at all (this is for the other thread, yes?).

Last edited by casval cehack; 2012-04-29 at 23:21.
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 20:30   Link #945
brightman
Ancient Member

Looks like the OP was directed by Masami Obari (famous for super robot shows like Gravion, Dancougar Nova and SRWOG)... So the visuals definitely reflect that.
Old 2012-04-30, 12:41   Link #946
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkphoenix View Post
http://youtu.be/rJcy4uPmGfc

Tv-size of Kio arc's ED "White Justice" was released now.
Really really great song here!.
I have heard a familiar type of tune somewhere...
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 18:22   Link #947
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

So I had been giving the OST 2 a bit of a listen, and I have to say, every bit of the AGE-2 music is an improvement to the already solid first OST. The first track in particular is incredibly addictive. Will post pics from the booklet sometime later, but suffice to say, plenty pleased with this one. Already Pre-ording the 3rd one from today
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Does anyone know the name of the music that starts playing at 3:40 seconds in Gundam AGE episode 14?
Yes, it's on the second OST, track 16. I was honestly surprrised to hear AGE-1 music on this OST, but I suppose music can travel across the AGE's hahahaha

I'm sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
The 3rd Op will have to grow on me like the 2nd one did, but so far the 1st one is the only one I've really liked straight out of the gate. So far for me the 2nd one has had the best visuals, the 1st the best song and the 3rd....well not quite sure yet as I mentioned.
Yeah, I've been listening to Asu e a lot now days, and I have to say that it's honestly fantastic, even if I don't rank it as the best AGE opening theme, it's still pretty up there as far as anime music OP go. What I find incredibly disappointing is to discover that there is no non-vocal version on the CD I got, really a huge shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Another thing, this OP contains the best teasers. I didn't expect the moe vegan at all (this is for the other thread, yes?).
Yeah, I think it's pretty great great how much this opening teases with and the sort of developments we should expect in the future, like a good opening should do (Spoiler thread I suppose?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Looks like the OP was directed by Masami Obari (famous for super robot shows like Gravion, Dancougar Nova and SRWOG)... So the visuals definitely reflect that.
Yeah, I saw this over at yaraon

Spoiler for :
AGE sure is making it's place in the next SRW game already huh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
I have heard a familiar type of tune somewhere...
Faylan has a pretty distinct singing voice, so it's not unusual if it sounds similar.
Old 2012-04-30, 21:43   Link #948
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Faylan has a pretty distinct singing voice, so it's not unusual if it sounds similar.
I mean the style it is written... I know she sings DEAD END... but the style of how the lyrics and tune of the ending song sounds familiar.

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-04-30 at 21:55.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 17:11   Link #949
Zulu Keita

I disliked the Gundam Age OP3, I felt that the footage shown ,first of all was not good at all as it gave away too little and also the song is not that good either... Personal opinion of course but I feel like both the first and 2nd opening were a lot better.
Zulu Keita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 17:34   Link #950
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu Keita View Post
I disliked the Gundam Age OP3, I felt that the footage shown ,first of all was not good at all as it gave away too little and also the song is not that good either... Personal opinion of course but I feel like both the first and 2nd opening were a lot better.
I thnk the second opening was the best one so far, but I like the visuals of the third opening the best; it not giving away too much was a plus for me. After having to put up with Fairy Tail's openings... trust me, you start to appreciate openings that set the tone and not the events two arcs ahead of the current one.
Old 2012-05-08, 12:05   Link #951
T-T-Thunder!

T-T-Thunder! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 18:47   Link #952
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

Today is the release date for the Gundam UC OST "Black Unicorn". I'm quite curious to hear whether or not some songs on the first disk will have a similar mood to them as Mobile Armour (OST II), and (once they start showing up around the intertubes) which songs people find the most enjoyable.
teh_nubkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 14:29   Link #953
Raghe

In this channel, you can hear the 3rd OST. All the OST is epic, but the track 5 is awesome!
Raghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 15:18   Link #954
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghe View Post
In this channel, you can hear the 3rd OST. All the OST is epic, but the track 5 is awesome!
That's a brilliant find. I love the percussion composition found in this song. The first song, Banshee, is remarkably good. I can't wait to hear the rest of them.

Last edited by teh_nubkilr; 2012-05-16 at 09:31.
teh_nubkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 01:01   Link #955
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
I agree. The AGE OP3 is fantastic both visually and song-wise, blows the other 2 out of the water.
I've recently gotten my hands on a leaked version of OP3 however it's not as great as I had imagined it kinda short really still nice to listen too though...
Old 2012-05-17, 12:10   Link #956
Ottocycle

Anyone interested in watching the live performances of the Gundam Unicorn pieces?

:3
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 13:23   Link #957
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I thnk the second opening was the best one so far, but I like the visuals of the third opening the best; it not giving away too much was a plus for me. After having to put up with Fairy Tail's openings... trust me, you start to appreciate openings that set the tone and not the events two arcs ahead of the current one.
Yeah FT openings spoil way too much especially if you haven't read the manga. You can pretty much get the gist of the arc just by viewing the opening. xD

I love all the AGE openings, but I loved the second opening the best although it took a while to get used to the song. Now I'm addicted to it and miss seeing it.

Oh and I just found this and its better than the original 1st ending. Don't remember if it was played in the anime or not or it was just on the soundtrack only.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 10:57   Link #958
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

That's the ballad version of the 1st Ending, and it came on the same single CD. I do agree it's pretty good, though I still think the song that played in the anime is better IMO
Old 2012-05-21, 13:35   Link #959
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Spoiler for .....:
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 21:38   Link #960
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
Yeah FT openings spoil way too much especially if you haven't read the manga. You can pretty much get the gist of the arc just by viewing the opening. xD

I love all the AGE openings, but I loved the second opening the best although it took a while to get used to the song. Now I'm addicted to it and miss seeing it.

Oh and I just found this and its better than the original 1st ending. Don't remember if it was played in the anime or not or it was just on the soundtrack only.

Holy shit they made the first ending good. Well the singer is still way too damn nasally but damn son....what a difference a tempo change can make

I don't know, somehow I still just don't feel that modern pop music suits Gundam all that well. For me I'm still all about the ballads. Somehow this version just feels more....right....

Speaking of which am I the only person that feels the music in AGE has gotten a little worse since the show started. Like I actually really liked a lot of the music that went into the first generation and even some of the early episodes of Gen 2 but since about the time the Zeydra was introduced I just haven't been feeling the soundtrack as much. It somehow went from low key orchestral music to kind of IMO uninspired techno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu Keita View Post
Part of the problem is that the OP was directed by Masami Obari who is a really big name in the mecha industry, but personally I think he kind of sucks and has never really managed to do anything really great and has a habit of just making everything into shows he has done before. It's a bit hard to explain but if you watch the opening to Tekkaman Blade (IMO one of the few truly good shows he's ever worked on) you'll see a lot of similarities. It's not quite Jinki Extend's opening compared to Mobile Suit Gundam, but lets just say if I didn't know both were by the same director that I could argue there's grounds for a law suit.

That and frankly the song itself is generic and uninspired as hell for a final opening.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-05-21 at 21:51.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote