AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-17, 08:20   Link #601
Dwalin

I like Lamune which is quite a simple but cute anime. I don't know how many people actually hate it, but I saw reviews in which Nanami was called retarded and those wishing China would send and army to slaughter all characters at the end.
Old 2013-05-17, 11:07   Link #602
Soverence

I really liked Another myself, even though the main girl was weird and the show took a spiral to crazy town towards the end, I felt like it had good pacing and had a Final Destination sort of feel to it (Final Destination 1 since everyone after that was complete shit ).
Old 2013-05-17, 13:03   Link #603
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwalin View Post
I like Lamune which is quite a simple but cute anime. I don't know how many people actually hate it, but I saw reviews in which Nanami was called retarded and those wishing China would send and army to slaughter all characters at the end.
Well, with respect, that "review" doesn't sound very serious or worth paying attention to.

I would say this anime falls more in the "underrated" category than hated -- I think most people don't even know it exists, or didn't give it a chance because of the genre.
Old 2013-05-17, 16:16   Link #604
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
I really liked Another myself, even though the main girl was weird and the show took a spiral to crazy town towards the end, I felt like it had good pacing and had a Final Destination sort of feel to it (Final Destination 1 since everyone after that was complete shit ).
Don't worry, you're not alone. It was an above average show in my book but the end really did let it down. I was expecting a bit more than a gore fest to finish what was so far a great mystery show.
Old 2013-06-02, 18:57   Link #605
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Lots of my favorite shows are hated or at least ignored for stupid reasons. First Princess Nine, which I consider as one of the best shoujo shows ever made got some bad reputation among shoujo fans due to lack of romance and bishies, what most other popular shoujo shows have. In 2009 Taishou Yakyuu Musume, a seinen version of Princess Nine were also criminally overlooked due to lack off fanservice and such. Not to mentioned it was aired as the same season as the most highly anticipated Bakemonogatari also contribute to is downfall.
Old 2013-06-03, 09:25   Link #606
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
Lots of my favorite shows are hated or at least ignored for stupid reasons. First Princess Nine, which I consider as one of the best shoujo shows ever made got some bad reputation among shoujo fans due to lack of romance and bishies, what most other popular shoujo shows have.
I'm not normally one for sports anime....but I saw a trailer for this, dubbed even...and they made it look really good. I admit I'm a bit interested.
Old 2013-06-03, 14:40   Link #607
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by qb_cakes View Post
xxxHolic :c
Wait, people hate xxxholic?!

I can see now...I mean, I'm not sure where CLAMP is going with xxxholic Rei....but most people dont' really have an opinion on it.

Everyone seems to hate Aku no Hana due to the rotoscoping; I admit, it's one of those shows were you either love it or hate it......but I can't stop watching just to see what the hell happens to Kasuga next
Old 2013-06-03, 15:10   Link #608
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, with respect, that "review" doesn't sound very serious or worth paying attention to.

I would say this anime falls more in the "underrated" category than hated -- I think most people don't even know it exists, or didn't give it a chance because of the genre.
Fun fact: Lamune was actually one of the first subbed anime I ever watched. Nobody knows it exists.

I feel that Crest and Banner of the Stars are quite unknown as well, despite being a pretty fantastic series.

Perhaps, much to the chagrin of the moderators, we need an "Anime you love but nobody else knows exists" thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post

I can see now...I mean, I'm not sure where CLAMP is going with xxxholic Rei....but most people dont' really have an opinion on it.
I loved xxxHolic. Another fun fact: My first manga (I couldn't wait for them to end it as an anime).

Surprisingly I never mentioned this before, but .hack//Roots always seems to be pretty well hated by many .hack fans. I actually found it more enjoyable than all the others in the series.
Old 2013-06-03, 17:07   Link #609
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I liked .hack//roots!

Haseo was totes more tolerable than Tsubasa.
Old 2013-06-03, 17:20   Link #610
Joyce_Steele
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
Lots of my favorite shows are hated or at least ignored for stupid reasons. First Princess Nine, which I consider as one of the best shoujo shows ever made got some bad reputation among shoujo fans due to lack of romance and bishies, what most other popular shoujo shows have. In 2009 Taishou Yakyuu Musume, a seinen version of Princess Nine were also criminally overlooked due to lack off fanservice and such. Not to mentioned it was aired as the same season as the most highly anticipated Bakemonogatari also contribute to is downfall.
It bothers me too when I see almost nobody actually saw Taishou Yakyuu Musume. Despite being a seinen show similar to K-On! but it had surprisingly low moe fanservice but more into characters, relationships, development and plot. Sadly in Myanimelist only 2000+ saw it and elsewhere it never even mentioned despite being shown in the peak of golden age of internet fansubbing. Maybe because it was shown right after K-On! ended and most people thought it going to be another moe shit despite both have nothing with each other except both are shown at same audience group(seinen).
Old 2013-06-22, 21:38   Link #611
Lyocol
Banned

Yeah Taishou Yakyuu Musume is a masterpiece(at least among moe-seinen world) but it just need more attention.

back to topic I think Shinigami no Ballad also qualify even though it more "ignored" than "hated".
Old 2013-06-23, 04:59   Link #612
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I remember the name Lamune... I think I watched a few episodes a very long time ago and got bored very quickly. IIRC wasn't the main guy in the first episode blind or something? I also don't recall the anime being hated... just totally forgettable. Heck I forgot its existence until it was mentioned.
Old 2013-06-23, 09:29   Link #613
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I thought it was ultra hated?

Personally, I liked it overall even if I didn't like the ending....Usual CLAMP forced end...
Old 2013-06-23, 10:55   Link #614
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I recently finished Another and thought it was great, even if it had unnecessary clutter in it. Why do people hate this exactly? I thought it was very well executed overall.
Old 2013-06-23, 11:09   Link #615
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
I recently finished Another and thought it was great, even if it had unnecessary clutter in it. Why do people hate this exactly?
Not to challenge your opinion. Just want to answer your question: many people came into Another expecting a good and chilling horror story like what was presented by the early episodes only to be disappointed by the “Final Destination-wannabe” nature of the series (and of course, some plot holes and lapses in logic). Aside from that, yes, it’s a decent anime overall. I enjoy watching it.
Old 2013-06-23, 11:10   Link #616
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
I recently finished Another and thought it was great, even if it had unnecessary clutter in it. Why do people hate this exactly? I thought it was very well executed overall.
Last two episodes. Massive trainwreck.
Old 2013-06-23, 11:45   Link #617
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Last two episodes. Massive trainwreck.
I thought they were an awesome pay off.
Quote:
many people came into Another expecting a good and chilling horror story like what was presented by the early episodes only to be disappointed by the “Final Destination-wannabe” nature of the series
Oh I see, thanks Obelisk.
Old 2013-06-23, 12:30   Link #618
Luurah
CROSS IN!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Luurah
My choice is probably coming from left field, it would have to be Cho-Gattai Majutsu Robo Ginguiser. It's a bizarre super robot series that showcases a magic-using super robot whose transformation could make anyone go "Huh? It turned into that?!"

For some reason, I like it. So many people seem to avoid it like the plague. To each his own, I guess...
Old 2013-06-23, 13:01   Link #619
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Not to challenge your opinion. Just want to answer your question: many people came into Another expecting a good and chilling horror story like what was presented by the early episodes only to be disappointed by the “Final Destination-wannabe” nature of the series (and of course, some plot holes and lapses in logic). Aside from that, yes, it’s a decent anime overall. I enjoy watching it.
Pretty much this for me.

I was all set to follow Another until I got spoiled by accident that it's basically Final Destination: The Anime.

The more hate I see for Free! the more I'm likely to follow it
Old 2013-06-23, 13:07   Link #620
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I forgot to mention Guilty Crown. I've seen people dislike the second half of the series because.... Shu being an aggressive leader or something, but when I watched it I thought the second half was developed better than the first half even if it could have had more action. My only real issues with the series were how mean spirited it was, the failure to use their mechs as much as they could have, and the music. I also never got why the villains were hated on so much, they are evil, that is kind of their job is it not? I thought they did it extremely well.
Closed Thread