AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-03, 17:05   Link #1261
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Giant enemy warship...ATTACK THE WEAK SPOT FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE!

(Couldn't resist.)

Yeah, it does seem kind of contrived, though. I'm sure you can try to rationalize why the warship is so easy to take down, but it still leaves a sour taste.
Well, a fighter that can get close enough to a modern carrier would easily take one down with our modern missles. Ades will probably start deploying their own vanships in the future, so it won't be that easy from now on.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 17:05   Link #1262
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Well the closest analogy that i can think of in Real Life would be a Fighter managing to drop a bomb down the smokestack of a battleship, hitting the engine room and setting it on fire. But with fires it can be controlled, but left unchecked it will spread to the fuel stores and the magazine, resulting in one ship sunk by massive explosion or extremely crippled that the crew are forced to abandon it anyways.
Ade's battleship is also an aircraft i.e. it goes down when it's engine is hit.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 17:11   Link #1263
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Giant enemy warship...ATTACK THE WEAK SPOT FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE!

(Couldn't resist.)

Yeah, it does seem kind of contrived, though. I'm sure you can try to rationalize why the warship is so easy to take down, but it still leaves a sour taste.
It's more like SW's "Concentrate all fire on that Super Star Destroyer" scene i.e. a fast A-wing rammed the bridge and down'ed a Super Star Destroyer i.e. SSD crashed on the Death Star.
Old 2011-12-03, 17:13   Link #1264
DangerMouse

Yup as encia said, also the damage wasn't causing the ship to explode, it's engine was damaged and it was going to go down as it was losing all of it's Claudia and soon was going to be unable to fly and they're in hostile territory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKage View Post
Gisey's crying is heartbreaking I must say.

Gisey's mentioned never getting the Claudia-engine take-down shot right, even during training.
Oh yeah that's right I do seem to remember when we were talking about that with the sky pirate tactics, I blanked on that.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 17:18   Link #1265
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Well, a fighter that can get close enough to a modern carrier would easily take one down with our modern missles. Ades will probably start deploying their own vanships in the future, so it won't be that easy from now on.
I wonder who will build the first proper flat-top in the LE world e.g. CV-6 USS Enterprise** in the sky...

**Yorktown class, 251 meters of flat top with 90 aircraft.
Old 2011-12-03, 17:22   Link #1266
TheKage

Does Ades use any vanships of its own? Their battleships in their fleets don't seem to have any capacity to be carrying vanships or vespas. The only vanships I've seen were from countries that the Ades Federation annexed and are the ones flying in the underground races.
TheKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 17:51   Link #1267
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Weak Square

I, actually, beginning to take a dislike against the Ades Federation incessant campaigns to not only annex the neighboring countries, but their intent is clear to me that they want to do a Reconquista of all the Earth.

Definitely, there should had been other races aside from the Federation ancestors that stayed on Earth. I can only think simple the Federation wants to reclaim all the Earth united in one banner; to me thinking that the other non-conquered countries might be willing to take the exiles and refugees from the conquered countries whom escape is a very naive, because they'll do not have resources and /or an effective administration to allocate too much displaced people.

Or, simply like Gracies does is remain isolated from the rest of the world and shooting down anything or anyone down daring to infringe into their territory.

Furthermore, I truly felt Augusta's pain. She's a child left to carry a heavy cross, as the Queen of her Empire. But the sad reality, she's another pawn and a puppet Queen to maintain the moral stability and peace of her people.
As well it is natural for her to worry about the casualties, because children's innocence makes them to feel and see things the adults can overlook.
Augusta's innocence would be eroding given that the whole Ades military is willing to do war campaigns over and over to secure the Reconquista.

Changing to other chain of events, the Pirates do hunt and steal skyships since it's their way of living, but that an entire fleet corner them to a seemingly dead-end with no escape routes that was too much for me.
Fam, fortunately, took to the Sky Birds to devise a escape strategy that allow the Sky Pirates to escape while the Federation's fleet got distracted.

But, I'm also in shock, because how come the Federation fleets were able to trail Fam-&-Gisey's Vespa up to the Sylvius?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 17:51   Link #1268
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Hi! I'm new here! I finally found an active forum that discusses the sequel to my favorite Anime series of all time!

So there were quite a few interesting things the Sylvius showed us on this episode:

-Multiple mount jet propelled armor piercing shells (seems more powerful than the ones used on Silvanna)
-Two large anti-aircrafts cannons on the bow (Silvanna only had one, but having two will just obliterate any Ades warship if we see them shoot on a ship)
-A much larger Vanship Squadron than the Silvanna with torpedoes as a standard.

I also noticed how the Sylvius managed to sink multiple Ades warships with a single shot.

I wish I could I say more about this episode, but it seems that all the main details are already disscussed.

Did anyone catch that part where the vice captain of the Ades flagship said that their ships haven't stopped firing? I think she expected that the fleets up ahead of the battlefield would had stopped firing at a certain point by now and would assume that the Sylvius was sunk already, but no the Sylvius simply marched through. That's a quite interesting bit.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 17:53   Link #1269
TheKage

Also another stupid question.

Does Anshar really count as the 15th ship? All of the other ships have been running as far as I can guess ( at least the first 9 were). So is the contract really fulfilled? Silvius has to tow the Anshar and itself back to Anatoray for repairs if so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Did anyone catch that part where the vice captain of the Ades flagship said that their ships haven't stopped firing? I think she expected that the fleets up ahead of the battlefield would had stopped firing at a certain point by now and would assume that the Sylvius was sunk already, but no the Sylvius simply marched through. That's a quite interesting bit.
I'm pretty sure that she was talking about the fleet at the front that was near/past the Glacies border. Sadri had ordered the ships to disengage any type of contact with Glacies and that they weren't supposed to be near that border or else Glacies would keep firing to get them out of their airspace.
Old 2011-12-03, 17:58   Link #1270
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Poor Gisey. Feels kinda like how it with Claus and Lavie being separated in the first LE. THough this was more heartbreaking. Awesome how the Silvius survived. Those Glacios ships were awesome. So now that the contract is over i guess Gisey will leave.
Old 2011-12-03, 19:05   Link #1271
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:

Does Anshar really count as the 15th ship? All of the other ships have been running as far as I can guess ( at least the first 9 were). So is the contract really fulfilled? Silvius has to tow the Anshar and itself back to Anatoray for repairs if so.

I'm pretty sure that she was talking about the fleet at the front that was near/past the Glacies border. Sadri had ordered the ships to disengage any type of contact with Glacies and that they weren't supposed to be near that border or else Glacies would keep firing to get them out of their airspace.
I think you are right, I still haven't fully analyze the entire episode yet.

It sucks that there is no preview for the next episode. I think Gonzo didn't want to spoiled us this time. I'm guessing characters from the old series might make a return and we might finally get to see Anatoray's new territory. We might even see the whole reason behind capturing all those Ades ships.

Unless Anshar wasn't completely destroyed when it crashed, it might be wise to retrieve the ship since its the best ship they've captured so far. Anatoray could learn something on how the current Ades Warships are built, but each Ades fleet consist of differently built ships.

The contract might have been fulfill with the sinking of this ship even though it wasn't technically capture.

I wonder if the Silvanna will ever make an appearance at some point or maybe it was never ferry to Earth by Exile?

Poor Gisey. Feels kinda like how it with Claus and Lavie being separated in the first LE. THough this was more heartbreaking. Awesome how the Silvius survived. Those Glacios ships were awesome. So now that the contract is over i guess Gisey will leave.

Yes, just like Claus, Fam has no clue on what's going on with Giselle. Eventually she is going to realize the problem.
Old 2011-12-03, 19:07   Link #1272
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Fam, fortunately, took to the Sky Birds to devise a escape strategy that allow the Sky Pirates to escape while the Federation's fleet got distracted.
It wasn't Fam. She only realized the Sky Birds could use the ascending current to get out, but it was Gisey who used that information to device the plan that saved everyone's ass.
Old 2011-12-03, 19:54   Link #1273
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Hey! That was actually me, lol!
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 20:10   Link #1274
DangerMouse

Welcome Julio C. I'm with you on Last Exile, my favorite ever as well and this is off to a fantastic start in it's first third.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
But, I'm also in shock, because how come the Federation fleets were able to trail Fam-&-Gisey's Vespa up to the Sylvius?
Sadri's forces didn't take part in the battle they were running silent likely waiting to follow any leaving ships and their Vespa went in a different direction from the fleeing pirates.
Old 2011-12-03, 20:10   Link #1275
encia

Quote:

The end scene shows 14 photos for 14 "skyfished" ships.

They can patch or "run a bypass"(1) for 15th ship's claudia coils and refill the claudia fluid. Taking down the 15th ship could be just a practised SkyPirate's tactics i.e. it's just "skyfishing" after all.
In this EP, Fam+Millia is willing to join Silvius's airwing sortie i.e. no problems with military issues.

1. Refer to Last Exile Season 1 EP13 i.e. cut down the cycling distance and maximize the remaining claudia fliud. The patched vessel wouldn't be able to hover as high compared to an undamaged state, but it can travel. For the SkyPirates, this is good enough.

Last edited by encia; 2011-12-03 at 20:40.
Old 2011-12-03, 20:11   Link #1276
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post

Yes, just like Claus, Fam has no clue on what's going on with Giselle. Eventually she is going to realize the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It wasn't Fam. She only realized the Sky Birds could use the ascending current to get out, but it was Gisey who used that information to device the plan that saved everyone's ass.
Yeah Fam said it to her too that she saved them, Gisey rocked there.
Old 2011-12-03, 20:15   Link #1277
azarhal

Quote:
"Bad news, everyone. Captain Tatiana is smiling." ~Alister
Best quote of the episode.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 20:24   Link #1278
DangerMouse

So good
Old 2011-12-03, 20:26   Link #1279
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well with Anatoray being an actual country we can be sure that a good portion of the original series' inhabitants have made the move to the home world, and probably more importantly we have a more definite place to the location of the original main characters.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 20:57   Link #1280
TheKage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Well with Anatoray being an actual country we can be sure that a good portion of the original series' inhabitants have made the move to the home world, and probably more importantly we have a more definite place to the location of the original main characters.
Most of the characters we all loved were pretty much confirmed to have made the move or at least travel there occasionally (Claus, Tatiana, Alis, Lavie, Dunya, Mullin, Alvis, Dio, Vincent). The question would be if Anatoray's people have completely moved over or not, bringing in all of their resources and such (manpower and ships). Duke Mad-Thane would be quite interesting to see against any of the other Ades Federation's Generals, especially Sadri. It'd be interesting to see Sophia again. It's just a matter of time before we see them since they've mentioned being interested in Exiles' keys and Alvis is one.

Maybe Vincent will have Alvis with him in negotiations with Glacies. /random thought.

Tags
adventure, science fiction