AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-04-25, 16:36   Link #261
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent Solbright View Post
Man, this series is became truly EPIC. I was slighly dissapointed with this version of Holmes at the beginning.. but Man, the latest translated chapter are just too awesome to express.

This series was good from the beginning but I never thought it will be this good.

Many thanks for the translators!
yap. vol 4 and 5.2 are both epic but it wouldn't turn into anime. The anime can mostly cram vol 3 in it. I hate to see a suicidal move animating vol 4 and chapter 1 and 2 of vol 5.

So everyone buy bluray/dvd for the sales because popularity counts. Aria isn't in a good spot compare to it's predecessors. I wish the opinions will change as the anime goes more than 5 episodes which probably needs to finish vol 1.
Old 2011-04-25, 18:31   Link #262
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
yap. vol 4 and 5.2 are both epic but it wouldn't turn into anime. The anime can mostly cram vol 3 in it. I hate to see a suicidal move animating vol 4 and chapter 1 and 2 of vol 5.

So everyone buy bluray/dvd for the sales because popularity counts. Aria isn't in a good spot compare to it's predecessors. I wish the opinions will change as the anime goes more than 5 episodes which probably needs to finish vol 1.
Here's what I think.

Spoiler for Episode:
Old 2011-04-25, 21:53   Link #263
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
Here's what I think.

Spoiler for Episode:
probably, since IS reached V3, this too will reach V3.... or turn it into a melting pot and mix the three together.
Old 2011-04-25, 22:24   Link #264
larethian

since this is JC Staff we're talking about, the story will be not be overly compressed. vol3 or vol4 max for one cour.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 00:03   Link #265
tsunade666

if they will end it in vol 4. I will rage max for this! it's not even funny. Though ova will save it from dying but the wait will be a killer.
Old 2011-04-26, 01:04   Link #266
Argent Solbright
Vega, The Swooping Eagle

Hmm, probably an OVA then. 1+ volume is not long enough for a second season and they can't cut the Reki arc (its span 2 volume right?) But it may feel a bit weird if the OVE end with statement that is a prologue... Unless they cut the rest of volume 5?
Old 2011-04-26, 01:20   Link #267
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Hmm, probably an OVA then. 1+ volume is not long enough for a second season and they can't cut the Reki arc (its span 2 volume right?) But it may feel a bit weird if the OVE end with statement that is a prologue... Unless they cut the rest of volume 5?
With Zero No tsukaima in 12 episodes they pushed four volumes and 3 anime original fillers. Imagine that. Meaning that each volume got around 2 episodes, lol.

I hope it wont be as bad with Aria though and tehy will take only 3. But its JC Staff we are talking about. The screw novels pretty much everytime they touch it.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 01:39   Link #268
larethian

no, JC Staff >>> Zexcs. ZnT is old, I'd say they have improved much over the years.
Old 2011-04-26, 01:46   Link #269
tsunade666

but they still screw up index -_- but for Aria at least they are doing great on vol 1 and I wish they continue doing so. So best bet is vol 3.
Old 2011-04-26, 01:48   Link #270
KilluaX90

Wait, what do you mean by Reki arc? Her story hasn't started until Vol. 5 Epilogue.

And about the anime, I think it's sensible to stop at Vol. 3. But since the pacing is kinda slow, I guess the 1st arc will take up at least 5 eps.
KilluaX90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 01:54   Link #271
tsunade666

that's my guess too. Vol 1 will probably take 5 volumes as for that the pacing in vol 2 will probably a bit faster because it only had 13 episodes. J.C Staff ZnT did do 4 volumes but it did a rushed anime original ending and the first few episode are nice paced but the story pace are different.
Old 2011-04-26, 01:57   Link #272
larethian

Quote:
but they still screw up index -_- but for Aria at least they are doing great on vol 1 and I wish they continue doing so. So best bet is vol 3.
hahaha, maybe, but obviously, our definitions for screw-ups are miles apart. Gahahaha.
Old 2011-04-26, 02:25   Link #273
ZeKeR
Superbad

lets just really hope for the best in this anime adaptation... the LN is awesome enough, and we dun need moar butchering.... please....

also, if this goes well, it might have an S2 liek Bakatest (story + lulz + love) and a couple of OVAs
Old 2011-04-26, 02:29   Link #274
Argent Solbright
Vega, The Swooping Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilluaX90 View Post
Wait, what do you mean by Reki arc? Her story hasn't started until Vol. 5 Epilogue.

And about the anime, I think it's sensible to stop at Vol. 3. But since the pacing is kinda slow, I guess the 1st arc will take up at least 5 eps.
I was talking about possibilities of continuation. What I meant was that holmes arc is too short to make a second season and with reki arc it may too long. So it will be OVA likely. sorry for being vague. (thought process did not transfer fully).

Holmes arc make an excellent climax for a season. It will have less effect with an OVA. Same case with it ends mid seond season (if there will be any). Ah well.
Old 2011-04-26, 02:36   Link #275
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
hahaha, maybe, but obviously, our definitions for screw-ups are miles apart. Gahahaha.
larethian is sad because Zexcs will surely butchered itsuten though I still believe a hopeless belief but everyone.

I think HnA will be doing good. Let's not jinx it already. It's still episode 2.
Old 2011-04-26, 02:40   Link #276
Argent Solbright
Vega, The Swooping Eagle

Not following index anime so I don't get what you guys talk above...

I had 2/3 of its first season but i still haven't watch 1/3 of it...

BTW, that was fast update.
Old 2011-04-26, 02:44   Link #277
tsunade666

I just happen to online. With a broken computer. my psp is my friend XD but sadly no anime update on this unit

Quote:
Not following index anime so I don't get what you guys talk above...

I had 2/3 of its first season but i still haven't watch 1/3 of it...

BTW, that was fast update.
Watch the anime and read the novel. Index is also epic. The plot is epic but the characters development aren't to much focus because the grand scheme is always getting attention.

I like Hidan no Aria more because the characters are given more attention. Denyuuden did a great job at developing it's characters too.
Old 2011-04-26, 03:07   Link #278
Argent Solbright
Vega, The Swooping Eagle

Broken PC huh? That sucks. i will be bored to death if that's happen to me. Though it may better for my studies..

I read index novel but I've only watched several episodes of the anime. Maybe later... Perhaps I'm just bored with index right now or still impressed with recent chapters of HnA(or both) but right now I feel HnA is better. Especially in terms of charcters, like you said.

Denyuuden I haven't watch either. I barely watch anything during that season. And this season is so choke full of interesting series Not that I'm complaining.
Old 2011-04-26, 03:08   Link #279
larethian

Quote:
Index is also epic. The plot is epic but the characters development aren't to much focus because the grand scheme is always getting attention.
I agree with you on that with regards to the characters in Index, primarily because their motivations are mostly present-based influenced. Characters whose motivations are past-based influenced, whether direct or indirect, will have better and more detailed development, with more complex back-stories and stuff.
Old 2011-04-26, 03:53   Link #280
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Right, Kuroi, if you get around to reading this.

How do you think this explanation works?:

Ah, wait I got something wrong. "Sen" and "Taku" are two different types of divination. Mbad.

Should've just read the Japanese raws in the first place.

Well, this is the revised version.

* [1] "Taku" is something along the lines of 'entrust' or 'hint'. It involves God 'entrusting' or 'hinting' something to the diviner in question. Since it is divination, the thing that is 'entrusted' is information. It is less specific than "Sen", because one is not making a direct divination of a subject. Rather, one names a subject and God gives one general information on the subject.
* [2] "Sen" is to divine. Pretty much what it means. One divines something specific through a request to God.

Last edited by Icy.Tear; 2011-04-26 at 04:12.
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen