AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2006-11-01, 22:11   Link #681
DrakasX

Quote:
Originally Posted by fto View Post
So u get to download for free?? (Is that legal?)

If yes where could u download?
Use a Bittorrent Client.

So far, it isn't illegal...that i know of. Since many torrent trackers have been taken to court and got away scott free.

It's still pirating....but it's safer then using something like Limewire......

There is only one way to love
Hard, Fast, and without mercy
DrakasX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 00:08   Link #682
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakasX View Post
So far, it isn't illegal...that i know of. Since many torrent trackers have been taken to court and got away scott free.
Um... no, downloading commercial games and not paying for them is most certainly illegal. How could it not be? They're "for sale" for a reason. Seeing as this forum forbids discussion of such matters, it's probably best to stop here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakasX
Grammer much?
Irony...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 00:24   Link #683
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
I download the ISO, play it then delete it. I don't keep it or distribute. Why should i pay $40 for a game I'm only gonna play once?
I don't suppose the word "consumer" means anything to you?

Quote:
Use a Bittorrent Client.

Quote:
^_- Don't get upset now. Like anyone here has never pirated anything before?
Where do you get your logics from? I'm just wondering. Are you Haruhi in disguise or something?

Well, I'm sure you don't care about your online image, so it doesn't matter I guess.
==============================
Cotton Soft has opened up the site for its first game, Natsumegu:
http://cotton-soft.com/gameproducts/...egu/index.html

...うわフツ(ry

But with my Nekoneko love, I'll see this one through. ( ・ω・ )
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 08:15   Link #684
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
hmm...

*wonders what Sushi-Y is doing here*

...HENTAI!

*also wonders if she has any free time to do more translation work*

Sushi-Y is female? I know there are some girl eroge players, but someone who plays that many eroge?

---------------

Regarding the piracy thing...well we're all hypocrites, but the thing is that I often download things I would gladly pay for and also pay for things which I would rather pirate. Anything Big Media (which I'd rather pirate since they're rich anyway) are definitely available, but the same cannot be said for anything niche. Which is bad because I'd rather support the niche rather than the mainstream (diversity of products is always the best)

So much for living in a country with screwy customs where its easier to find knockoffs than the real thing. Like for example, there are tons of Lego-like bricks, but there are no Legos And while Volkswagen is a premium luxury brand with high tariffs, Ford Expeditions are very reasonably priced and were selling like hotcakes.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 08:31   Link #685
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool View Post
Sushi-Y is female? I know there are some girl eroge players, but someone who plays that many eroge?
Well, better believe it. It's not a bad thing, amirite?

And for something semi-offtopic:
Spoiler for something that would faze some:
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 08:49   Link #686
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Wooohoo!

Thats what i'm talking about!
Old 2006-11-02, 11:01   Link #687
Lord Faust

Send a message via MSN to Lord Faust
To : luckyovermind & Agilis

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyovermind View Post
Gin'iro - Gin = silver and iro = color. The link I gave you points to the novelisation. which means you are not required to have the game. That being said, it helps to have the game in hand, as the viewpoint tends to jump around a bit. CGs and music help a lot too. (just look at my avatar and sig, she's so cute ) However, it's pretty hard to get this game nowadays, I myself had a very hard time finding it. If you search for NNS' old games like giniro and mizuiro on himeyashop, it generally returns no result
I thank you for the link for Giniro. Dude I'm only up to page 10 of the pdf file, and I do sense the melancholy and depressing direction it is going. Predicaments and circumstances the like the nameless girl and Yuka of Crescendo had to go through really, really makes me wanna punch some body in the face repeatedly...T_T

Still honest to god, I cannot deny the rather well translation Giniro was given and the engaging story telling. It seems some of the people who worked on the translation are members here too. Job well done, I sincerely thank you for the opportunity you have given me to be able to experience Giniro Agilis. I hope I will have more time to pick up from where I left. Stories like these do a damn fine job of making the readers feel for the characters, sorry if I sound a little too emotional...^_^

lucky, if you don't mind. could you please provide me with some links for pictures of the nameless girl in Giniro?Maybe I'm looking at the wrong places? Yes, she does look very,very cute. On the site you provided also it seems they are others translated files MuvLuv (?). Are these the same as Giniro? Are they as great as Giniro?Worth a try?

Anyways can't wait for Narcissu side 2nd too here. The demo looks damn promising and really would like to see and hear more of Setsumi. The tracks in Narcissu also mention worthy, Emerald Sea ( Both versions), Rather Than A Road Of Finality and 7th Floor are my personal favourites definitely. These tracks are excellent mood and atmosphere setters in the novel.

On a side note, I accidently stumbled across a site that host most of 12-gatsu's H-scenes CGs, man that sure is alot sex. There are some sporadic comments on the game although none are as in depth as your explanations lucky. Well, thanks again, till next time.
Lord Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 11:59   Link #688
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Use a Bittorrent Client.

It's still pirating....but it's safer then using something like Limewire......
Ummm dude I don't think discussing things like this is allowed.

Quote:
^_- Don't get upset now. Like anyone here has never pirated anything before? I download the ISO, play it then delete it. I don't keep it or distribute. Why should i pay $40 for a game I'm only gonna play once? I shouldn't, now if that game had an infinite replay value i'd consider buying it, but just like PS2, Gamecube, and PC games, I play it through then get rid of it.
While I somewhat agree with you on the Ero-game angle(It's all well and good to not want to spend money on something you're only gonna use once but what if you liked that game you only planned to play once?) however I don't agree on your views with the purchase of console games and then getting rid of them when that problem can be solved very easily. Why would you spend money on console games only to sell them for half priced or less once you finish when you could simply RENT them for cheap and save your money? Rentals can help you save money ya know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Well, better believe it. It's not a bad thing, amirite?

Off topic or not that was a nice little post, Wow so many Ero-game characters, what book is that from and what was the page about? I recognized 21 characters(22 if you count a girl they had in there twice) Out of all of the characters in there that I know by heart and I saw a few others who looked familiar but I couldn't recall them. I'd have to have a list of the girls and where they're from for me to be sure for the rest of them.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment

Last edited by DingoEnderZOE2; 2006-11-02 at 12:29.
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 19:00   Link #689
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Probably impossible for even veteran erogamers ^^ (Maybe half, but it's pretty hard to remember all the names...)

Favorites spotted~
Sumomo - Nanatsuiro Drops
Haruhi - Happiness!
Lisianthus - Shuffle!
Ibuki - AkiiroRenka
Meiya- MuvLuv
Miu - Boy Meets Girl
Yumi - Homemaid
Krile - Princess Witches
Riko - Gift
Leticia - Princess Holiday
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 19:39   Link #690
fto
Anime Forever

Hmmmm i could see some people that i know .. BUT I KEEP FORGETTING THEIR NAMES!!! ARRR
fto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 00:22   Link #691
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

The girl from Kono Aozora is on there twice.....
Old 2006-11-03, 01:33   Link #692
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Off topic or not that was a nice little post, Wow so many Ero-game characters, what book is that from and what was the page about?
The magazine page's from Tech Gian, and I'm not so sure on what it really is... a showcase of what's the most usually used hair color for girls? j/k

(I think pink/hot pink/light pink is the most usually used there though... )

If Sushi-Y would reply, I'm sure she'd know all of them. And I think it's scary to see that many variations of girls at the same time...

*spotted the obvious ones like Saber, Priecia and Otome, along with the lesser known ones*
Old 2006-11-03, 01:46   Link #693
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

It's basically a calendar featuring 3653 characters from various eroge.

Starting on 10/21 when the issue and DVD software was released, the calendar will cycle though a character once a day and will end 10 years later on 2016.

You can see the full list of characters here.

Other fave characters spotted~
Rio/Clover Hearts
Miu/Sonoyoko
Nono/Yotsunoha
Ouka/Snow
Megumi/Aruto
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 04:23   Link #694
luckyovermind
hungry~

In other News, Tomo Kataoka challenges hollywood? How will this impact on the narcissu side 2nd?
=============================================
from ja wiki:
今後については、渡米しハリウッドに挑戦する。これはもっと多くの層に訴える事の出来るジャンルに行きたい というのと、映画好きという影響が大きいだろう。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Faust View Post
I thank you for the link for Giniro. Dude I'm only up to page 10 of the pdf file, and I do sense the melancholy and depressing direction it is going. Predicaments and circumstances the like the nameless girl and Yuka of Crescendo had to go through really, really makes me wanna punch some body in the face repeatedly...T_T
You are welcome.

Quote:
lucky, if you don't mind. could you please provide me with some links for pictures of the nameless girl in Giniro? Maybe I'm looking at the wrong places? Yes, she does look very,very cute.
Giniro is an old game made in year 2000. Its CGs are not particularly “pretty”, but they fit the atmosphere of the story well.
All I can find on the net are as follows:
===the offical website of nekonekosoft – giniro first chapter page:
http://www.din.or.jp/~nekoneko/title/GinIro/gin1.htm
1st pic – nameless girl
2nd pic – nameless girl crying, hugged by the protagonist. (you will know when you get there, it’s towards the end)
3rd link – Hcg, basically about the girl getting “swayed”

===the getchu introduction page
http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=1459
1st pic – nameless girl looking at the riceball stained with blood. In comparison, my signature is in the night, and you can see a firefly beside her XD
2nd pic – nameless girl standing in the river.
3rd pic – nameless girl and protagonist, looking at the moon. (you will know when you get there, it’s towards the end)
4th pic – nameless girl
Don’t worry about the rest.
Anyway it will be OK if you use your imagination in most occasions. There are not many CGs to begin with and they are full of spoilers anyway

=================================================
=================================================

And another thing, I came across this while looking for the piano sheets of giniro:
http://tmidi.hp.infoseek.co.jp/silver.html
It’s a midi fan creation page using the music from giniro. The midi music was well done and very true to the original. I would recommend you to listen to this while reading the novelisation:
Midis are available for download in the table at the lower part of the page, I will go through each one of them:

01 つかぬまのアンチテーゼ(L) 2002 4/19 〇 ――
One of the main BGM of the first chapter, suits most of the scenes well, especially at night.

08 散歩道 2004 4/12 〇 ――
Ignore this, this is a happy-happy song from chapter 3.

12 夕化粧 2002 1/17 〇 〇
SADDEST song at the end of chapter 1. It starts to play when you get to chapter 18 – “silver” or chapter 19 - “the day of tears” and right until the very end. And better yet, it’s got the mp3 version!

13 小さな花 2002 10/28 〇 ――
Plays during the memory scene, and doing my best to keep spoilers out:
Nameless girl’s memory: getting swayed, looking at the dark world, meeting another girl, and the escape.
Protagonist’s (the sword man) memory: about his parents who got the disease, his little sister and brother, etc

16 ~星の花束~ 2002 8/28 〇 ――
Same as no.1, one of the main BGM of the first chapter. Plays most of the time, whether it’s summer days when sound of cicadas filled the air, or it’s the night beside the river where the light of fireflies circles around.

17 Of One's Pure 2002 4/22 〇 ――
Ignore this one.

27 跳ね月 2003 1/8 〇 ――
I think it appeared in chapter 1 also…

Basically what you do is you click on the circles on that webpage to download the midi file. It will be in ***.lzh format. You need something like “winrar” (http://www.rarlab.com) to extract it. It will give you a folder and a pic. The music is in the folder.

In summary, I recommend you to play 01, 16 and 27 when you read. And change to no.12 -夕化粧 towards the end. (around chapter 18 – “silver” or chapter 19 - “the day of tears”)

And to fulfill the requirements to post these music here:
homepage of the midi creator: http://tmidi.infoseek.ne.jp/
Email: z2001030@std.kiis.ac.jp

Quote:
Anyways can't wait for Narcissu side 2nd too here. The demo looks damn promising and really would like to see and hear more of Setsumi. The tracks in Narcissu also mention worthy, Emerald Sea ( Both versions), Rather Than A Road Of Finality and 7th Floor are my personal favourites definitely. These tracks are excellent mood and atmosphere setters in the novel.
From agilis and haeleth from the haeleth board:
===================================
==Agilis==
On the Stage-nana BBS in the past few days he's mentioned that there's been a minor stall in the development while he waits around for casting issues to be cleared up. Looks something like he had an image of the voices and wrote some parts to match, and either the actresses aren't available right this moment, or something else.

Not much in the way of details so some of what I said is conjecture, but the gist is: casting, delays, it'll be done when it's done, hopefully soon.
==Haeleth==
I don't have any supah-sekrit inside information, if that's what you mean. Agilis' analysis of BBS postings matches mine, so I think we can expect a Japanese release reasonably soon.

(The English version may take a bit longer, but will be worth the wait: I haven't even started translation, but I've been hard at work to ensure that this will be the first NScripter translation with commercial-quality presentation.)

Quote:
On the site you provided also it seems they are others translated files MuvLuv (?). Are these the same as Giniro? Are they as great as Giniro? Worth a try?
Muvluv is a 2003 game by AGE (which is famous for KGNE). But unlike KGNE which focuses on love triangle with a somewhat adult-oriented feel, Muvluv is well known for its comedy with wild imaginations. I haven’t played the game, but I heard it’s something like this: in the first half (called “extra”) you have a normal school romance story, then in the second half (called “unlimited”) you found yourself in the alternate world where all the girls became super-strong fighters, along with kick-ass robots and the like. Then the third part (called “alternative”) just released earlier this year. And you see many people listing Muvluv Alternative as their favourite erogame top 3 this year, along with scarlett (from nekonekosoft – the giniro company ) and EF (from minori – the wind a breath of heart company )
Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, everyone.

This will be my last post here … for a while, the judgement (exam) is near

Last edited by luckyovermind; 2006-11-03 at 06:36.
luckyovermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 10:00   Link #695
DrakasX

Quote:
While I somewhat agree with you on the Ero-game angle(It's all well and good to not want to spend money on something you're only gonna use once but what if you liked that game you only planned to play once?) however I don't agree on your views with the purchase of console games and then getting rid of them when that problem can be solved very easily. Why would you spend money on console games only to sell them for half priced or less once you finish when you could simply RENT them for cheap and save your money? Rentals can help you save money ya know.
I usually take my console games back to EB or Gamestop for trade in to buy new ones. I prefer that then having a due date to beat it buy. You usually don't get much, but store credit does add up.

On a more topic related note:

Let's Meow Meow, shrine maiden catgirls don't shave thier underarms O_o?

Old 2006-11-03, 18:20   Link #696
Agilis

Quote:

Still honest to god, I cannot deny the rather well translation Giniro was given and the engaging story telling. It seems some of the people who worked on the translation are members here too. Job well done, I sincerely thank you for the opportunity you have given me to be able to experience Giniro Agilis. I hope I will have more time to pick up from where I left. Stories like these do a damn fine job of making the readers feel for the characters, sorry if I sound a little too emotional...^_^

lucky, if you don't mind. could you please provide me with some links for pictures of the nameless girl in Giniro?Maybe I'm looking at the wrong places? Yes, she does look very,very cute. On the site you provided also it seems they are others translated files MuvLuv (?). Are these the same as Giniro? Are they as great as Giniro?Worth a try?
^_^ Thanks for the comments, I'm happy people think my writing skills are at least somewhat up to snuff, which is always a worry when you work in a vacuum.

Btw, there's no team, there's just lil' ol' Agi. I just translate what I catches my fancy and would like others to experience. Working alone is nice, no deadlines, no project announcements, it's done when I manage to do it, and I'm not going to annoy people with useless hype. Other groups do tend to release stuf faster than me for the same reason *cough* i.e. Narcissu1 and probably 2 when I get to it.

And about Muvluv? my second favorite game of all time... so long as it's played with Alternative. Considering how many hours it took to just Play the games, finishing that project will take awhile I guess.

Anyways, Muvluv's got comedy (esp. in the first part, "Extra"), then the "Unlimited" part is a sci-fi story about teamwork and a world that's known war for over 20 years. And finally "Alternative" is a rousing epic tale of love and courage that spans time, space, alternate realities and a continuous 30 hours of my waking life reading... ^^;; (ah, memories), all to save the world in true epic fashion. Anyways, Muvluv sumarization will probably get finished long before Gin'iro does, sumarizing takes less obsessive revision and I can afford to skip slightly difficult passages after all.
Agilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 08:57   Link #697
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

About EF.... for those of you who have played the demo, does it work with the Anime Games Text Hooker? I'm really interested in buying it, but I don't want to plunk down a lot of money on it and then find myself unable to read the kanji.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 13:57   Link #698
DrakasX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
About EF.... for those of you who have played the demo, does it work with the Anime Games Text Hooker? I'm really interested in buying it, but I don't want to plunk down a lot of money on it and then find myself unable to read the kanji.

I thought Text Hooker was free O_o

Old 2006-11-04, 22:19   Link #699
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
If Sushi-Y would reply, I'm sure she'd know all of them. And I think it's scary to see that many variations of girls at the same time...
What am I, a freak? ^^;

I just happen to have that issue of Tech Gian, it doesn't mean I installed that calendar, and I certainly don't recognize the girls except the ones from the games I know of.

Quote:
I thought Text Hooker was free O_o
He's talking about the game, not the tool.

ef -first fan disk- can't really be called a trial version/demo, since it's not free. Although, like I mentioned in my review a couple of pages back, it's probably shorter than a standard demo.

The game does appear to be running on an original engine (for animations?) (also, the backlog literally "rewinds" the whole game, not just the text) though. So I don't know if the tool will work or not.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 08:19   Link #700
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
What am I, a freak? ^^;

I just happen to have that issue of Tech Gian, it doesn't mean I installed that calendar, and I certainly don't recognize the girls except the ones from the games I know of.
Whoops. I didn't mean that, srsly.

I thought that your magazine copy had a complete list of the girls featured there. (Though I think it would span a good 2 pages...)

On a side note, I think the Tsukihime English TL patch by Mirror-Moon has been completed...

EDIT: Hahaha, oh wow. Post #700. Go me. :P

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel