AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-07-01, 05:25   Link #1
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - "Kono Watashi no Mono Tonare, Yuusha yo" "Kotowaru"

Title: Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - "Kono Watashi no Mono Tonare, Yuusha yo" "Kotowaru"

Quote:
Description: "After a long and treacherous journey, our Hero finally arrives at the Dark Lady’s castle only to find himself being asked for help. The Hero explains how the war that the demons have brought upon the humans have killed thousands and put more in misery. The queen of demons however argues that this war has made the human society band together as one and showed empirical evidence how it has [05:14] increased population, increased production, boosted economy and improved society overall. Furthermore, she explains to the Hero that ending this war will result in a civil war that will produce more bloodshed than there ever was. The Hero, convinced that the only way to bring peace, relatively speaking, is to join forces with the Dark Lady, agrees to help with her plans! [vyc]"
- Taken from extras scans (did I get the scanlator names right? )
Long title is long I got this accidentally from my friend, and it's actually quite interesting. I was thinking that it's going to be the usual demon-hero romance plot but then the demon queen starts 'explaining things'

damn economy and their conspiracy

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 05:44   Link #2
Antiscian

Really liking the first chapter so far.
Apparently the original story was posted on 2ch on a whim and the author published it due to the positive response it received. Four light novel volumes and multiple manga adaptions are out.

I'm always interested in good authors from outside the usual sphere of 'author origin', those that are also readers who can look and react to the public perceptions of the current state of the fiction market.
Especially in such a trope-heavy setting as the anime/manga one, and the even more trope-saturated fantasy setting, such sharply-observed subversions while still keeping the charm that the original genre had are very welcome.
Antiscian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 07:48   Link #3
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Another powerful-demon-queen-joins-almighty-hero story? Well I'm def game =03!
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 08:23   Link #4
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Well, not exactly normal demon and hero story though Their world concept is pretty..unique.
Quote:
pparently the original story was posted on 2ch on a whim and the author published it due to the positive response it received. Four light novel volumes and multiple manga adaptions are out.
Multiple manga adaptations!?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 08:55   Link #5
Aesthetic Shampoo

Read the first chapter and loved it. Always the ones that put realism and practicality into it that are the most interesting, looking forward to more.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 09:43   Link #6
Antiscian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty sure there are at least two.

The scangroup decided to pick the one with the better art.
Antiscian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 09:43   Link #7
DarkFreedom

Quote:
Well, not exactly normal demon and hero story though Their world concept is pretty..unique.

if im not wrong there 3 different version.

the comp ace version, see pic above

the ChampRed Version here:

Spoiler for pics:

and the Fami2 Version
DarkFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 10:58   Link #8
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

^It's interesting how different artists can give the same storyline completely different impressions. The demon queen in the version above looks more like a holy priestess (...with horns!), while the one in the scanlated version has more of an I'm-smart-and-I-know-it impression.

I lol'd at the first chapter though. Our poor hero didn't stand a chance. She's got the arguments, she's got the data, she's got the, ah, "looks," and she's got that totally unfair upward glance and pout which no man can withstand (a real life oft-used weapon, to be fair).
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 11:23   Link #9
DarkFreedom

Only thing, the holy priestess horn are fake
Old 2011-07-01, 11:48   Link #10
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Yeah, I noticed she doesn't have it on the cover (2nd pic). What's up with that anyway?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 12:05   Link #11
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Yeah, I noticed she doesn't have it on the cover (2nd pic). What's up with that anyway?
They're fake horns is really it. Some of the light novel art has her holding a headband with the horns on it. Actually it's in the manga chapter if you got it from the scanlator's site.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 12:11   Link #12
DarkFreedom

Thats right

Spoiler for pics:
Old 2011-07-01, 18:04   Link #13
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
What kind of deal is that? I would take it and run.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 21:32   Link #14
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Ohh this is pretty interesting, you don't get enough interesting demon queen stories

Quote:
I lol'd at the first chapter though. Our poor hero didn't stand a chance. She's got the arguments, she's got the data, she's got the, ah, "looks," and she's got that totally unfair upward glance and pout which no man can withstand (a real life oft-used weapon, to be fair).
She's got it all huh, my kinda women

This reminds me of a setting I've wanted to see for some time but never had any luck finding. Guess it's off to the suggestion forum!
Old 2011-07-01, 22:54   Link #15
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Read the first chapter, and I greatly liked it =03. It was definitely interesting how they depicted the war being beneficial to both mankind AND demons. The demon queen herself was excellent(Iren said it perfectly =03). I'll be waiting to see how their teaming up will affect the future of the world, and if manipulating both sides will be a part of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
^It's interesting how different artists can give the same storyline completely different impressions. The demon queen in the version above looks more like a holy priestess (...with horns!), while the one in the scanlated version has more of an I'm-smart-and-I-know-it impression.
so true, the latter one doesn't look like a demon queen at all, yet the former one def screams out "maou". I would imagine in the latter one, upon seeing her face for the first time, the hero would say "(O.o) YOU'RE the demon queen!?!?"
Quote:
Well, I didn't think so by the description, but I was specifically referring to Superior. Actually, other than that manga, I don't know of any other stories that have this kind of setup =03.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 00:39   Link #16
ZODDGUTS

One more version:

Spoiler for Images:
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 00:43   Link #17
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
Anyone reminded of Wolf and Spice in a good way? (Or was it Spice and Wolf?)
Old 2011-07-02, 00:50   Link #18
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
The one published in Kadokawa is the best imo. I prefer that style more.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 02:23   Link #19
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Now this is a good medieval fantasy manga.

I like these kind of stories on how war actually has an effect in the economy and it's benefits for the players in the war.

What the Queen said made sense socially and economically on why both sides want to keep the war ongoing. Heck, it actually happen in the USA during WW2.

Can't wait to read more adventures of the Demon Queen and the Hero.

PS: Here's the novels official website and it's Japanese wiki article.
Old 2011-07-02, 08:22   Link #20
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

the first chapter got me really interested, i really want to know how things go on from there on.

Tags
adventure, economics, fantasy, romance, threesome