AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-08-27, 12:50   Link #1
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

Mangekyo Sharingan Reasoning [Manga]

I think the reason behind the sharingan user having to kill his friend to obtain the special Dojutsu is that you get an intense pain inside your mind that makes you go crazy and you get all 'wounded' in your mind. You have to witness the pain before you can give it to another. A dead best friend is like the most painfull thing you can feel.
What do you guys think?
hokagenaruto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 12:54   Link #2
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

when the anime only people read this, they're going to want to eat your toes
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 12:54   Link #3
Verrik
Destroyer of Dreams

Send a message via AIM to Verrik Send a message via MSN to Verrik Send a message via Yahoo to Verrik
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokagenaruto3
I think the reason behind the sharingan user having to kill his friend to obtain the special Dojutsu is that you get an intense pain inside your mind that makes you go crazy and you get all 'wounded' in your mind. You have to witness the pain before you can give it to another. A dead best friend is like the most painfull thing you can feel.
What do you guys think?
I think this post is one big spoiler...

Edit - [Manga] Was added to the title.

Last edited by Verrik; 2004-08-27 at 16:34.
Verrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 13:14   Link #4
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verrik
I think this post is one big spoiler...
he clearly states in the topic name that is't about [MANGA], stop bitching and start reading...

On topic:
To kill your best friend is to have some serious guts.
At the moment of killing him you already made the decision of killing him, so what's worse? the thought or the act? What pushes it trough?
I would't know, I don't think it has an actual explanation it's just this way because it a interesting thing story-wise
Old 2004-08-27, 13:20   Link #5
Mika

I think its just the pain of killing someone you are close to and care for....but itachi didnt stop at killing his best friend....he did the whole damn clan. I wonder if he did it to get as strong as possible ( i know he said he did it to test himself) I am hoping he did it for a twisted good reason...like someone wanted the secret of sharingan ( or all the blood limits) and he took the option away...I dont know besides I am off topic
Mika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 13:27   Link #6
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
I think killing your best friend just for power will just make something switch in your brain, maybe cause one not to feel the pain of killing someone and not caring about the value of life anymore. Maybe that's what the Mangekyo (can never remember how to spell that damn word) requirements are, new level of evil or something.
Ketsueki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 13:35   Link #7
Mika

yeah that could be the case. maybe you have to send yourself to your own personal hell and experience it before you can do it to others
Mika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 13:45   Link #8
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
he clearly states in the topic name that is't about [MANGA], stop bitching and start reading...

On topic:
To kill your best friend is to have some serious guts.
At the moment of killing him you already made the decision of killing him, so what's worse? the thought or the act? What pushes it trough?
I would't know, I don't think it has an actual explanation it's just this way because it a interesting thing story-wise

you need to calm down, the topic name was something totally different before
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 13:48   Link #9
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoji
you need to calm down, the topic name was something totally different before
is that so? well i didn't notice obviously for i wasn't there, sorry bout that
Old 2004-08-27, 15:46   Link #10
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

IM AM SOOOO SORYY!!!!
Indeed it had a different name, but luckily someone decided to change it.
I just thought something up without thinking, i apoligize.

Anyways, Itachi already had the Mangekyou after he killed that Uchiha guy, since he glared at his father with it. Killing his clan wasn't for the Dojutsu, but for his own ambitions. he just killed that 1 guy, who he himself described as a brother to him.

I'm sure btw that an average uchiha officer kills at least 3 guys a month. it has 2 be someone special.
Old 2004-08-27, 15:50   Link #11
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

I think you're all focusing too much on the pain. It can't be the pain alone that triggers the mangekyou, if that where so Sasuke would've had his mangekyou a long time ago. Rather than imagining how you would feel after killing your best friend, imagine what you would feel before doing it. Could you do it? Could you force yourself to do it of your own free will? Could you could control your will to kill to such an extent that you would kill anyone, no matter how close to you? That has to horribly mess with your mind. That lack of sensitivity, the fact that you can alienate yourself from your loved ones willingly, that you are willing to use your power to it's greatest extent no matter what, must be a part of what grants the Uchiha the mangekyou sharingan

Last edited by VMLM3; 2004-08-27 at 18:12.
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 16:22   Link #12
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

wow man...
that's deep...
i admire you man, you're like the Pretender (I don't know if you follow the show)
Old 2004-08-27, 16:32   Link #13
Verrik
Destroyer of Dreams

Send a message via AIM to Verrik Send a message via MSN to Verrik Send a message via Yahoo to Verrik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
is that so? well i didn't notice obviously for i wasn't there, sorry bout that
Apology accepted... that was harsh.
Verrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 13:11   Link #14
Retsoor

Is Itachi even telling the truth? Unlocking a special Sharingan ability by severe psychological pain (not every person is the same) isn't that farfetched, but it isn't the most plausible answer either. It'd be better if Itachi lied to Sasuke, it would fit perfectly with his sick (read: great) bastard personality. After all, Sasuke lacked hatred, and this would surely fuel it a lot.
Retsoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 20:59   Link #15
riftwing

Maybe it will be explained if they explain what the "true purpose" of the doujitsu is. Itachi said the true purpose was in that secret meeting place under the tatami mat. It's shown Sasuke go there twice in the series but it never explained what it was about. At the momment the whole kill your closest friend for mangekyou sharingan seems like a lame writing technique just to get Naruto and Sasuke to fight.
riftwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 21:09   Link #16
devilpim
Galvanic Alchemist

shouldn't there be another way to obtain mangekyou sharingan?

I still wonder why "your closest friend"
How about "someone you truely love" or "your precious one" ?
i.e. If Itashi has a girlfriend whom he loved so much and kill her, would he get mangekyou sharingan? How about killing your own parents?

I was thinking that the shock of killing your precious one is the one that turn on the mangekyou sharingan. After you killed your best friend, I wouldn't call that state of mind "human" anymore.
devilpim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 23:05   Link #17
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
You know, I have a feeling one can probably get mangekyou sharingan without killing your closest friend becuase I think the whole gaining of mangekyou sharingan has something to do with extreme passions. If the reason why you can get mangekyou sharingan by killing your closest friend is becuase you passionately hate yourself, then perhaps you can get mangekyou sharingan by the opposite extreme - if you go and save your closest friend (or a brother) because you passionately love that person.

It makes sense, considering the main themes of Naruto, especially when you remember how Sasuke got his Sharigan in the first place.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 23:10   Link #18
devilpim
Galvanic Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
You know, I have a feeling one can probably get mangekyou sharingan without killing your closest friend becuase I think the whole gaining of mangekyou sharingan has something to do with extreme passions. If the reason why you can get mangekyou sharingan by killing your closest friend is becuase you passionately hate yourself, then perhaps you can get mangekyou sharingan by the opposite extreme - if you go and save your closest friend (or a brother) because you passionately love that person.

It makes sense, considering the main themes of Naruto, especially when you remember how Sasuke got his Sharigan in the first place.
I agree! I have the same thought!
And I really hope that is how the story is going to be...T_T

bring back my Sasuke.
devilpim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 00:50   Link #19
ace firefist
Kerazy.com Editor

Send a message via MSN to ace firefist
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilpim
shouldn't there be another way to obtain mangekyou sharingan?

I still wonder why "your closest friend"
How about "someone you truely love" or "your precious one" ?
i.e. If Itashi has a girlfriend whom he loved so much and kill her, would he get mangekyou sharingan? How about killing your own parents?

I was thinking that the shock of killing your precious one is the one that turn on the mangekyou sharingan. After you killed your best friend, I wouldn't call that state of mind "human" anymore.
I think that ther maybe another way to attain "it" and itachi took the quick way or something.Also killing a friend will change your state of mind and help get rid of your emotions.

*notices fanboy/girl above types in caution*
ace firefist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 01:07   Link #20
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
My friend totally hates how you achieve the Mangekyou he think its stupid as hell, since the only way to achieve is to kill your best friend, it has a "magical" feel to it. Like the katon no jitsu, rasengen, basically all the other jitsus you need to train, and follow a logical path within its only universe as to how/why jitsus are the way they are, even summoning requires a blood oath, somekind of real world explaination for their action. Mangekyou is like

Itachi: "Just kill your best friend and you have it."
My friend: "WTF that's it?"

As for me, I agree with hokagenaruto, in order to go beyond the limitations of your own power, you need to feel the full extent of it.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote