AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-11-11, 20:25   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Fairy Tail anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Fairy Tale which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, mercilessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 10:43   Link #2
shibakun

Lack of Gore Affects Fan Base?

Hello everyone,

I've been a long time manga reader and fan of the anime and just wanted to see what you guys think if they added blood/gore to the anime. In my opinion it's one of the factors that is not making fairy tail as much of a hit as One Piece/Naruto where in I really think it has that potential.

I'm not saying Fairy tail isn't popular but leaving out the gore reduces the impact/emotional effect of what they are trying to convey in the anime.

What do you guys think about that issue? Would adding gore/blood increase the fan base of Fairy Tail?
shibakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 06:37   Link #3
ditn

Hm thats an interesting question.
For me personally more or less blood/gore doesn't make it a worse or a better show.
So i wonder why so many people are pissed off about it
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 11:35   Link #4
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibakun View Post
Hello everyone,

I've been a long time manga reader and fan of the anime and just wanted to see what you guys think if they added blood/gore to the anime. In my opinion it's one of the factors that is not making fairy tail as much of a hit as One Piece/Naruto where in I really think it has that potential.

I'm not saying Fairy tail isn't popular but leaving out the gore reduces the impact/emotional effect of what they are trying to convey in the anime.

What do you guys think about that issue? Would adding gore/blood increase the fan base of Fairy Tail?
Probably not. A lot of the censoring such as blood and knives is probably at the request of the network, as part of what they and advertisers are comfortable with for that timeslot. Raising the rating from PG to PG-13 by adding back in the blood, knives, theoretically lethal slashes, and so forth would probably also cause a change in timeslot. Probably a change to a time when less people are watching. Especially as most popular timeslots are going to involve some sort of toning down.

In other words, while it might improve the series for the hardcore fans, it would probably shrink the general fanbase for the anime.

Also keep in mind it's largely impossible to be as big a hit ratings wise as One Piece(usually in the top 5 competing with series that have been on forever), but it's not that far behind Naruto in the ratings either. There's a reason the series got a second season soon enough that they could just keep going from their originally planned endpoint without any interruption.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 13:36   Link #5
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibakun View Post
Hello everyone,

Firstly, Fairy tail is a hit. Secondly, this might be my personal opinion (even though I disagree with myself on this :P), Fairy Tail is not at the level of popularity of OP/Naruto because it simply is not at that level yet. Though I love Naruto, I'm not sure how to compare it except maybe on the fights? Naruto has good battle scenes and there is a good mix of story telling and exciting battles which can be long but yet doesn't seem to be too dragged out. Fairy tail's fights are interesting but less exciting for me. It's easier for me to compare to OP. One Piece though technically is a battle manga, but I don't really see it as one. Why OP rates no. 1 and far above FT for me, is because it's good at the aspects that matter to me most: very good story telling and weaving of initially insignificant details into the main plot, connecting things up almost seamlessly. It's very obvious Oda does a lot of planning at the macro level. Aside from that, I also like his creative touch. Personally, I think FT pales in the story department area. I still enjoy it though and look forward to future arcs, but the glaring plot holes and twists which seem to appear as an after-thought every now and then does annoy me. I already have one or two examples in the speculation thread. Caveat: may just be my opinion though.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 22:08   Link #6
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Why do we have generic discussion thread instead of new topic for each episode ? Would it be THAT bad to create new topic for each new episode even if FT ends up running as long as One Piece does ? Even Naruto gets it's own threads for each new episode ..
Old 2010-11-23, 00:48   Link #7
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ It depends on the response to each episode, it must be X pages long per week, which it isn't. Flip a few pages back in the general discussion thread to find the convo between Shiroth and James.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 16:53   Link #8
pyrokaz
Pyromaniac

anyone know whether midnights a guy or girl?
pyrokaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 19:14   Link #9
Clarste
Human

Midnight is a guy.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 05:01   Link #10
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Midnight is a guy.
Yup, if you guys go back to R-Sytem/ Jellal's arc you'll see all the members when they were "innocent " kids.
Old 2011-01-10, 03:09   Link #11
8zjvm

I'd like to do some double-checking/confirmation about the timeline. If there's any corrections/changes you think should be made, please shout out.

I'm not looking for specific years, but I want to know the order of how the more major characters (of the "current" gen.) joined Fairy Tail.

These are my thoughts right now (taken from the Fairy Tail wiki, guild cards and what I can remember from the manga/anime):

I'm going to assume that Laxus was always a part of Fairy Tail, considering his family.
The manga's time has progressed around half a year (from beginning to current) and the guild cards pop up at different chapters.

Kana: more than ~10 years ago from the manga's present day.
According to her guild card, she's 18: she joined ~ 8 years old or younger.
- Confusion: in Ch. 201, Lucy says Kana is the oldest in their age range?, but Mirajane and Erza are both 19 according to their guild cards. Maybe they don't count.

Gray: ~10 years ago.
According to his guild card, he's 18: he joined ~ 8 years old.

Erza: ~7-8 years ago.
According to her guild card, she's 19: she joined ~ 11-12 years old.
Ch. 161.5 flashback (Fairy Hills, Lucy cosplaying as a cat princess) happened 6 years ago, she was ~ 13 years old.
- Side note: On the bottom right panel, I think that's Levy and Miki?

Natsu: ~ 6 years ago.
Who knows how old he was.

Take Over siblings: ~ 6 years ago (ep. 20).
According to their guild cards, they joined around when Mirajane ~13, Elfman ~ 12 and Lisanna ~ 11 years old.

As for the others (Shadow Gear team, Bisca/Alzack), I've no clue.

Miscellaneous:
Kana's been eligible for the S-Class examinations for 5 years (counting this one): she's been eligible since she was 14 years old? Is that considered normal?

There was a scene where Erza taught Natsu how to read - do you know what episode was that?
8zjvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 10:43   Link #12
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8zjvm View Post
Confusion: in Ch. 201, Lucy says Kana is the oldest in their age range?, but Mirajane and Erza are both 19 according to their guild cards. Maybe they don't count.
Lucy was speaking of Cana being the most veteran member in their age range. She's younger than Erza and Mirajane, but she's been in the guild longer than either of them.

Quote:
There was a scene where Erza taught Natsu how to read - do you know what episode was that?[/I]
I don't remember the exact episode, but it'd be mid to late 20s. Also note that that was an anime only scene, and you aren't quite remembering it right. Natsu already knew how to read thanks to Igneel. Erza just expanded his vocabulary.
Old 2011-01-10, 22:08   Link #13
8zjvm

My mistake! (funny because I do remember him being able to read things off a menu?)

Thanks for explaining!
8zjvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 09:30   Link #14
Krono

Am I mistaken, or does the 2/16 news items say that the Fairy Tail anime is moving to Saturday mornings?

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/contents/f...ews/index.html
Old 2011-02-21, 11:54   Link #15
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Am I mistaken, or does the 2/16 news items say that the Fairy Tail anime is moving to Saturday mornings?

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/contents/f...ews/index.html
Yup, it sure does.
Looks like it's gonna be the replacement for Keroro Gunsou and SD Sengoku Gundam.

For a morning timeslot, that's not a bad one at all. Maybe even the best.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 12:26   Link #16
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hmm, i wonder why it's moving.
Old 2011-02-21, 12:28   Link #17
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
^
Getting more popular?
Old 2011-02-21, 16:35   Link #18
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
^
Getting more popular?
Or another show is taking it's place.
Old 2011-02-26, 02:28   Link #19
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Yup, it sure does.
Looks like it's gonna be the replacement for Keroro Gunsou and SD Sengoku Gundam.

For a morning timeslot, that's not a bad one at all. Maybe even the best.
Interesting. So starting April 2nd, it'll move to 10:30 am on Saturdays. Yeah, that might be the best time slot for a Saturday morning.

As for why the decided to move it, I'm guess it's a matter of ratings. Fairy Tail's ratings have been pretty solidly 3.*% for a while now. They probably feel they can move it to a good time slot elsewhere without damaging it's popularity, and have a newer series get the strong lead in from Tamagochi.
Old 2011-02-26, 08:49   Link #20
Bern-san

I've made a complete timeline using the information shown during the story and the guild cards. Recent information shown in the manga isn't included

@8zjvm I've put the information you posted if you don't care

If we take into account the conversation between Gajeel and Natsu, the dragons disappeared 7 years ago, the 7th of July in year X777, so we can assume the current year is X784 (the start of the manga). Some of the years are not exact but I've tried to be as exact as possible. If some of the information is wrong please say it

~X384 (estimation)- The Most Powerful Dark Mage Zeref is sealed

-X695-96- Makarov is born

-X736- Makarov becomes Master of Fairy Tail

-X739- “That Old Guy” is born

-X741- Makarov receives the title of the Ten Wizard Saints

-X748- Layla Heartfilia, Wacaba and Macao are born

-X755- Ichiya is born

-X757- Reedus and Jura are born

-X761- Laxus Dreyar and Warren are born

-X762- Bixlow is born

-X764- Nab, Hibiki, Ren, Fried and Evergreen are born

-X765- Lyon, Mystogan, Erza, Jellal and Mirajane are born

-X766- Jubia, Elfman, Gray, Cana, Alzack, Bisca, Droy and Jet are born

A pregnant Layla Heartfilia and her husband leave the Love&Lucky Merchant Guild

-X767- Levy and Sherry are born. Lucy is born in July 1st

-X768- Lisanna, Eve and Max are born

-X769- Vijeteer (Fairy mage who always dances) is born

-X772- Wendy is born

-X774- Gray joins Fairy Tail

-X776- Ultear brainwashes Jellal. Erza escapes Tower of Heaven and joins Fairy Tail. Jellal continues to finish the R-System in order to revive Zeref

-X777- Dragons disappear. Layla Heartfilia dies.

Some time later Jellal(?) finds Wendy, they travel together for a month until he leaves her at Cait Shelter Guild

Natsu joins Fairy Tail

-X778- Mirajane, Lisanna and Elfman join Fairy Tail. Happy and Charle are born

-X780- Sherry, Toby and Yuka leave Lamia Scale and join Lyon to unfreeze Deliora

-X781- Karen Lilica is killed by Angel. Loke stays in human world and eventually joins Fairy Tail. “That Old Guy” leaves Fairy Tail

-X782- Lisanna dies during a mission

-X784- Lucy Heartfilia meets Natsu Dragneel and joins Fairy Tail

We don't know the date when Ivan Dreyar was excommulgated from the guild by his father and founded the Raven Tail Guild.
Also Natsu's and Gajeel's birthdates haven't been shown (but Wendy's yes...) and you know what happened during Laxus' arc with Fried's runes
Eve was training to be one of the Magic Council's knights until the council dissolved after The Tower Of Heaven arc and then joins Blue Pegasus.

Last edited by Bern-san; 2011-03-27 at 08:49.
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a