AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-07-27, 01:34   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 549 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

It's a new week, so that means new Naruto spoilers...brief spoilers have been released (translation is shitty)...

Quote:
-Itachi and Nagato vs. Naruto and Kirabi

-The opponents talk for a few pages...

-Suddenly Itachi and Nagato launch a gigantic fireball at Naruto and Kirabi. Kirabi splits the fire with Samehade, and the fight starts.

-Itachi tells Naruto that he will entrust Sasuke to him. Naruto, lambasts Itachi for being so stupid as to rape Sasuke's psyche. Naruto reveals that Madara messed with Sasuke's mind even further by revealing the truth of the Clan's destruction.

-The fight continues...

-Itachi uses the MS, but as he activates the technique, the Crow/Raven inside Naruto emerges (it has a weird eye design)...

-Some other things happen/are mentioned, but the current translation is bad...

Last edited by james0246; 2011-07-27 at 08:48.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 09:43   Link #2
Fran~
floating away...

Well... everything about Itachi's tragic background is true, he confirmed Madara's story.
Kabuto is pleased with this meeting for some reason, probably they know what will happen and in some way is a menace to Madara.

The fight is ok i think... not epic but the cliffhanger was great... so many time expecting the truth behind Itachi's crow inside Naruto. I expect nothing but a counter to MS.
Old 2011-07-27, 10:07   Link #3
ntherblast

the raven appeared that he put in naruto when he was under the genjutsu? I hope it isn't to help naruto fight itachi or another power up:S
ntherblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 10:14   Link #4
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntherblast View Post
the raven appeared that he put in naruto when he was under the genjutsu? I hope it isn't to help naruto fight itachi or another power up:S
Well, it was always going to be a power-up of some kind. There is really no way around that. It could be simply motivational, or it could be an actual ability/technique/power, but whatever it is, it was always going to empower Naruto somehow.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 10:14   Link #5
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntherblast View Post
It clearly is. It popped up when Itachi activated his mangekyo (specifically, the right one was already open, and it popped up when the left mangekyo activated (so both were active), which casts Tsukiyomi), and Itachi was waiting to see if it would work properly.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 10:17   Link #6
Fran~
floating away...

The 2 big questions about Naturo to me are:
1. THAT jutsu (the reason why Minato left half of Ninetail's chakra to Naruto).
2. This crow/raven that Itachi gave to Naruto before his final battle with Sasuke.

Itachi was quite interested in Naruto's answer about the dilemma between Sasuke and the village and only after that he was sure about it, he gave the crow/raven to Naruto. It can't be another thing that a tool to counter one of the most powerful skills in Narutoverse.
Old 2011-07-27, 10:22   Link #7
mrShady

One word.

AWESOME!!!

The fighting is exactly like I hoped it would be.
The talking and informing zombies remains annoying, however it's in character so it's not a big deal.
Full chapter focus on a fight while including both plot development and humor.
Good read.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 10:31   Link #8
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I hope that trump card doesn't get removed from Naruto.
Old 2011-07-27, 10:37   Link #9
shinobaka

QUESTION, sorry if my question is ignorant but if these are all corpse being used, how can Itachi have his Sharingan eyes when Sasuke had them implanted in him already....
shinobaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 10:38   Link #10
sayde

It's been a bit since a chapter felt like a quick read, not because it was lacking in content, but because I actually had fun reading it.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 10:44   Link #11
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobaka View Post
QUESTION, sorry if my question is ignorant but if these are all corpse being used, how can Itachi have his Sharingan eyes when Sasuke had them implanted in him already....
Edo Tensei works like that... it summons the bodies like they were before they died.
Old 2011-07-27, 12:05   Link #12
lousylaus

Always believed that the purpose of the crow was to seal Sasuke's MS rendering him permanently blind and/or dead. Which is also why when Itachi gave that to Naruto he also said he'd hope he'd never had to use it. Makes sense since Itachi don't really want to see his little brother get hurt. He saw that Naruto had the will to save his brother but probably also saw that Naruto didn't have the means to stop the MS and thus gave him something to counter it.

However now, it's been made clear during this chapter how surprised Itachi was at Naruto's growth in power. He never expected him to advance this far, said so himself. He also once again stated that he was right to trust him and will leave Sasuke to him.

Itachi used his MS which activated the crow and will probably take himself out next chapter. Knowing how powerful Naruto has become he now finally believe he can save Sasuke without the need of the crow which would gravely hurt him or kill him.

Makes sense to me but still, knowing Kishi, I still expect to be surprised next week. That shuriken looking MS from the crow is intriguing.
lousylaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 12:07   Link #13
Lunarskylar

loveddd the fight
especially the return of bee's sword stance, omg i had a fangirl moment... quite embarassing

nagato making jokes and naruto going wtf, haha xD epic

i think the edo tensei zombie info telling makes sense though
there's oro's way which completely subjugates them, but i guess they can't use their full power (which is how sarutobi wasn't completelyyy destroyed by both shodai and nidaime... like konoha itself shuda been obliterated)
then kabuto's way which lets them use their full power, but if they're too strong he cant suppress their personalities and they can spoil teh fight that way
so i guess it makes edo a bit less OP and Haxed, i like that

i love how naruto and bee don't really need their advice that much because they're that skilled. nice tag team battle
Old 2011-07-27, 13:07   Link #14
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I have to say that this was by far the best chapter in a long time. It had some action and was fun to read and look at. Also, there were two things that made me wonder: Kabuto's thoughts and his secret plan and of course the MS on the crow. I'm actually really looking forward to reading the next chapter.
Old 2011-07-27, 13:42   Link #15
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I seriously loled when that corw came out at the end. The look on Naruto's face is just priceless. XD

So now we finally see what the crow was all about.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 13:46   Link #16
rladls716

This chapter made me these four characters are my favorites.
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 14:32   Link #17
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobaka View Post
It's a good question; Madara has a veritable sharingan and rinnegan bank, remember? He implanted fancy shmancy eyes in the zombies of the jinchuriki's past, so I'm sure he had a spare pair lying around for Itachi-kun and Nagato-kun.

did anyone else think it was totally ridiculous that Naruto and Bee are just hanging tight with akatsuki zombies at the begining? LOL. Why not make some tea and serve buttered scones? That is, if zombies eat anything besides brains? (mmm buttered brain scones, who's hungry?)

All in all, I did enjoy this chappy; I'm glad Itachi's true back story has been confirmed, and I'm excited to see what the magical crow stored inside of Naruto's GI track will do.
Old 2011-07-27, 14:41   Link #18
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by octaviahawk View Post
(mmm buttered brain scones, who's hungry?)
I already have the tea cup... so i would kill for some scones (without brains though )

Please Kishi, don't ruin the whole crow/raven thing...
Old 2011-07-27, 14:48   Link #19
Alchemist007
*Author

Wow, he remembered the crow! Really looking forward to more conversation fights!
Old 2011-07-27, 15:00   Link #20
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
The 2 big questions about Naturo to me are:
1. THAT jutsu (the reason why Minato left half of Ninetail's chakra to Naruto).
Jiraiya's main goal was to help Naruto master it, but he failed and almost died. So it is simply the "chakra mode".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
2. This crow/raven that Itachi gave to Naruto before his final battle with Sasuke.
Since Naruto is defensless against powerful genjutsu, it's obviously something that helps Naruto counter MS genjutsu. It is very important since as we saw even the godmode-superexperineced-Danzou was beaten using an MS genjutsu. Now Itachi is checking if it works properly, so i wonder the next time when Sasuke is the enemy how will it work. Since Kishimoto doesn't want to give any genjutsu ability to Naruto, it would be out of character, also doesn't want him to be friends with Kyuubi yet, seems that he gave to Naruto a sort of automatic genjutsu defense (similarily to Gaara's automatic physical defense).
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion