AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2012-04-20, 14:17   Link #6941
ChronoReverse

Excuse me while I squee over here.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 14:31   Link #6942
Divini
Senpai!

I'm actually the most interested in what whatever Tenri told Diana.

I first thought it was just about what he's doing now, but don't they know already?
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 15:00   Link #6943
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
I'm actually the most interested in what whatever Tenri told Diana.

I first thought it was just about what he's doing now, but don't they know already?
I'm with you...it's killing me that I can't think of what she might've said to him
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 15:03   Link #6944
Lisemer

I feel the course of events is leading to a point of (pseudo) no-return about the relationship with Ayumi, and I think this will end in 2 different scenarios: With a memory wipe; or with a traditional harem with the girls fighting for Keima. I think the second would be the worst to the manga, because it would become a generic harem and will lose the original charm...
Maybe I'm only been pessimist, but I have a bit of fear.
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 15:41   Link #6945
Shadow5YA

Is the ship glowing? Is Mercury going to awaken and transform the boat into a flying battleship?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 19:27   Link #6946
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
wow, i'm speechless
Keima is indeed god himself
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 19:33   Link #6947
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

waaaaa.... too short.....
I want a big twist or development happen in next chapter....
what did Tenri said??? what is Ayumi's response??? >.<

rather than asking question, I prefer Ayumi choose full explanation about what's going on
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 20:40   Link #6948
NaweG
Just some guy

With the three week break, I almost expect the strip to come back, and we open with Keima at his seat in class. Everyone is buzzing about what happened a couple weeks ago, and over the next several chapters a combination of flashbacks and hints imply how it worked out... but leave us guessing. Then after five or six chapters we notice that two of the girls in Keima's class appear to be pregnant...

Nah... they wouldn't dare...
Old 2012-04-20, 21:07   Link #6949
Valky
Radioactive

Argh, the cliffhanger .. 3 weeks is damn long ..

What are you planning Keima .. ?

Btw, the mask from that masked guy kinda reminds me of Friend, only, you know, it's eye is vertical ..
Old 2012-04-21, 00:00   Link #6950
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

I would've been pretty frustrated if the chapter did not have that bridge scene. Keima should've known that Ayumi would not be satisfied with just one question, and by taking this route we were sure that we wouldn't be getting the 'ending' in this chapter.

This time, I was a little bothered about the translations so I sought out the raws. And I'm glad I did. What Keima said to Ayumi on the bridge: "Ayumi, aishiteru!!"
Now, even for non Japanese speakers, anime watcher may recognize that 'aishiteru' means "I love you," which happens to be a form much stronger than the common counterpart 'suki.' Simply, we can say that if suki = like, then aishiteru = love. On a side note, when Ayumi asked her one question, she used 'suki.' While RHS's translation of 'aishiteru' as 'adore' is not a wrong translation, I still think 'I love you' is better. I feel that RHS had used adore instead of love because we are still not sure if Keima's feelings are romantic or not, as people can still say suki or aishiteru to the people you care about regardless of romantic feelings. But, I'm just gonna call that Keima said it in a romantic way. Because Ayumi deserves it.
Old 2012-04-21, 00:18   Link #6951
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

So in other words, basically Keima's saying "I don't like you; I love you."

Personally though, considering Keima's character, I don't think "love" is really the proper word here. I think a more accurate term would be "cherish".

He's not confessing his romantic feelings for Ayumi, he's just trying to protect her and all the other girls as well. He cherishes them all because they're largely responsible for a lot of his development as a person, and he can't bear to see anything horrible happen to them.

That's just how I see it though. I know the shippers are going to deny my words very hard, but hey, maybe I'll be proven wrong.~
Old 2012-04-21, 01:43   Link #6952
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post

Personally though, considering Keima's character, I don't think "love" is really the proper word here. I think a more accurate term would be "cherish".

He's not confessing his romantic feelings for Ayumi, he's just trying to protect her and all the other girls as well. He cherishes them all because they're largely responsible for a lot of his development as a person, and he can't bear to see anything horrible happen to them.

That's just how I see it though. I know the shippers are going to deny my words very hard, but hey, maybe I'll be proven wrong.~
This would be the best way to describe why he tries so hard for them I guess. IMO to say Keima loves a single person just seems like blasphemy at this point... I normally prefer one couple over an other but the political approach is probably the best for God. But I'm still missing Elsie's charm as a character in these sorts of high tension situations as she has that why of breaking tension which I think would have helped this chapter as all 3 girls are best friends.
Old 2012-04-21, 03:24   Link #6953
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
well, I think Keima's saying "I don't like you; but I need you" (in romantic way of course)
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 13:29   Link #6954
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Read ch 186 last night.... *sigh*

Hrm ... three weeks vacation during Golden Week, eh?

*gnash*

Feels like Wakaki is totally trolling the readers (who are, of course, delighting in every step of the process while grinding their teeth in frustration, perhaps) ... well, here's a hoping that when he comes back things will resolve themselves soon.
Old 2012-04-21, 14:04   Link #6955
Shadow5YA

Anyone have the original japanese script for what Keima said? The "I don't love you... I adore you" lines feel a bit odd to me.
Old 2012-04-21, 17:32   Link #6956
Grey

I was guessing daisuki and aishiteru, but it was suki and aishiteru? Heh. Keima is such a sneak.

I wonder if this is a game line. Or if this is a phrase he could honestly say to most of the heroines in the game and real world.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 17:54   Link #6957
Shadow5YA

A fair guess, but I still would really like to know.
Old 2012-04-21, 19:04   Link #6958
Grey

Maybe you'll get lucky and someone will answer. I was planning to check the raws but Nochgo already did and found out what I wanted to know.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 19:43   Link #6959
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Here is what was said:

Ayumi's question: "Watashi no koto, suki?"
Keima's answer: "Suki ja nai."
Keima's line on bridge: "Ayumi, aishiteru!!"
Old 2012-04-21, 19:48   Link #6960
Shadow5YA

Quote: