Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2017-03-07, 22:08   Link #5861
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

/wrists

10char

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-08, 16:51   Link #5862
AntonKutovoi

Wow. Just wow. That sure was... something.
Suarez still needs to receive his Oscar, though
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-08, 17:17   Link #5863
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Well, Emery needs to be sacked, inmediatly,even if this is probably the biggest example of Barça's thefts all over this decade.
Old 2017-03-08, 19:00   Link #5864
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Farcical. Watch the refereeing in the Arsenal game and Barcelona game and you see the favouritism swinging to the one with more clout.

Bayern should have have Vidal sent off, a penalty given against them and maybe would have gone on to lose 4-0. Both them and Barca benefitted from their cheating strikers who dove under the slightest physical contact between the defender and them and won frankly undeserved penalties.

The Champions League is no longer a tough competition but a walkover for the financially strong teams.
Old 2017-03-08, 19:39   Link #5865
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Now that I watched the highlights to follow on what I read on Facebook and Twitter, I have to fully agree with RapidPotential on the mess that was the officiating in that match. It was disgusting to watch, and I just can't get my head around to understand why UEFA wants so much to see Barcelona in the next round at all costs. We have seen Real Madrid, Manchester United, AC Milan, Juventus and other big clubs suffer upsets in the round of 16. So what? Let things be for as long as refs start doing their job properly.

The 2 penalties, especially the second one, were a big farce of all sorts. Suarez should have been sent off with all the diving he did.

Nevertheless, the officiating just doesn't excuse the total lack of professionalism shown by a number of PSG players today. When you have a 4-0 lead after the first leg, parking the bus should be the easiest thing to do at that professional level. What makes the whole thing a bigger SMFH moment is the fact that Cavani and Di Maria screwed up so badly when they had opportunities to put the tie to bed.

Emery... did he not teach his Sevilla team on how to control the pace of the game in his 3 Europa League triumphs? With the way his team eviscerated Liverpool and then showed a masterclass in game management in last year's final, I expected better from him with this PSG team.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-09, 02:02   Link #5866
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
Farcical. Watch the refereeing in the Arsenal game and Barcelona game and you see the favouritism swinging to the one with more clout.

Bayern should have have Vidal sent off, a penalty given against them and maybe would have gone on to lose 4-0. Both them and Barca benefitted from their cheating strikers who dove under the slightest physical contact between the defender and them and won frankly undeserved penalties.

The Champions League is no longer a tough competition but a walkover for the financially strong teams.
Bayern wouldn't have lost 4:0. Arsenal is a mentally weak team.
Old 2017-03-16, 10:40   Link #5867
justavisitor

Well, Leicester's adventure continues...they become the only epl team in the champions league!!!
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 21:07   Link #5868
Toukairin
Banned

That sure tells everybody how English clubs are horribly drilled against European opposition these days. It's almost puzzling that we came from a period where you could find 3 English clubs in the semifinals to a time when English clubs barely survive beyond the first elimination round.

Right now, only Leicester and Manchester United have made through their respective European competitions. Meanwhile, Manchester City (#GuardiolaTheFraud), Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Southampton, and West Ham are on the walk of shame for going out where they should not be.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 00:45   Link #5869
AntonKutovoi

Too bad miracle didn't happen in MU-Rostov match, but team held out pretty good.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-30, 14:11   Link #5870
justavisitor

No more St.Totteringham's day At least not this year XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2017-05-21, 14:57   Link #5871
Sakuratsuki

Hala Madrid!

Between the match of Madrid I saw some highlights of the Barca match, come onnn those two penalties were clearly not valid. Glad they are introducing the video referee in coming season. Well Madrid just had to win and they did it.
Now focusing on the CL final against Juventus going to be a tough one.
Old 2017-05-21, 15:41   Link #5872
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

HALA MADRID! Y NADA MÁS!
33 League championships, and the final in Cardiff closing in, what a time to be alive
Old 2017-05-23, 19:31   Link #5873
Toukairin
Banned

Speaking of Real Madrid winning the league title, there were no title celebrations on the pitch, and it looks like the trophy will be lifted only on next season.

http://talksport.com/football/real-m...a-170523240355

If you disregard the title of the article, you would notice that all other European football leagues make sure the league trophy is handed to the captain of the champions. Seriously, what in the world is that? Is the Spanish government too broke to make a replica of the trophy, and then let the players celebrate the achievement with friends and family? Meanwhile, the real thing can be brought to the trophy cabinet at the Bernabeu later. In my lifetime as a sports fan, I have never seen a sports team being denied the right to touch what they have worked so hard for. It's embarrassing.
Old 2017-05-24, 20:15   Link #5874
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Haven't posted here in a while, but it feels really good to do it today of all days.

Manchester United won the Europa League final in Stockholm by a score of 2-0 against Ajax. The performance itself was near perfect with the boys giving Ajax nothing; I think Ajax only had one shot on goal at the end of the match, and it was not even that dangerous. Anyone who watched football for quite a while could easily see parallels between this Europa League final and the 2010 Champions League final (Inter Milan vs. Bayern Munich) in terms of approach. Ajax lacked the experience for this match, but their potential still looks promising if they can stay together for a few more years.

With this victory, United have a direct path to the Champions League group stages for the next campaign. There were so many ups and downs in the season, but the summer transfer season will be even more interesting now with United back in the Champions League. One last thing we should not forget is that the players dedicated the Europa League triumph to the people of Manchester after what happened; our first thoughts after the win were for the people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukairin View Post
If you disregard the title of the article, you would notice that all other European football leagues make sure the league trophy is handed to the captain of the champions. Seriously, what in the world is that? Is the Spanish government too broke to make a replica of the trophy, and then let the players celebrate the achievement with friends and family? Meanwhile, the real thing can be brought to the trophy cabinet at the Bernabeu later. In my lifetime as a sports fan, I have never seen a sports team being denied the right to touch what they have worked so hard for. It's embarrassing.
Yeah, I read that part in the papers too. It IS embarrassing to think that athletes are not allowed to touch the prize of their efforts for a few months. I just don't understand what's going through their minds in Spain.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 15:58   Link #5875
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Man what a great victory over the favourites and Premier League Champions! Arsenal won silverware, and what have Spurs won? Nothing.
Old 2017-05-27, 17:53   Link #5876
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
Man what a great victory over the favourites and Premier League Champions! Arsenal won silverware, and what have Spurs won? Nothing.
If that means Wenger will stay, I am sure Spurs fans won't mind

But Congratulation to Arsenal!!
Old 2017-05-29, 12:36   Link #5877
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

the MVP was Chelsea's left post. if we played half as hard as we did that game throughout the season we wouldn't have ended up 5th. oh well. hopefully this year's transfer window is fruitful.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2017-06-03, 15:54   Link #5878
Toukairin
Banned

I have to say that Buffon and Juventus look permanently cursed when it comes to European competitions. We all knew Real Madrid would come out strong on the attack, but the Juventus defence really picked the wrong day to a have a bad game.

As for Real Madrid, they have become the first club to successfully defend its European Cup title since AC Milan in 1990. It's astonishing to say the least, especially when it was not long ago that the same team was going nowhere with Rafael Benitez at the helm.
Old 2017-06-03, 16:02   Link #5879
Sakuratsuki

HALA MADRID!

They did it, I'm so happy right now. They wrote history by being the first team to win the Champions two times in a row.

About the game, Juventus was really bad this match they played just like Manchester United vs Ajax. The problem is, Madrid is not Ajax and they got what they deserved. The first half was the most attractive one and in the second half, Madrid dominated the game.

Well, who knows perhaps a third one in a row next year?
Old 2017-06-03, 17:57   Link #5880
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

second half seemed like two different teams playing compared with the first. in the first, juve's midfield kept real's in check really well. the second half, they just got run over. biggest difference right there.

Tags
football, soccer