AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-04-20, 08:49   Link #8261
MonkeyDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
No, the whole point is the part he said she would grow up to be a beauty which would break hearts of men ?. Yet Mare is a BOY. When Mare gows up he would look like a BOY (probably a pretty boy). Mare is androgynous right now cause hes a child and peoples first opinion is hes a girl cause he wears girl cloths. You adding more context changed nothing. Thats why I didnt add more and kept the quote small for space. Well since Mare is an NPC, I dont even know if they will grow up anyway. It would of actually been understandable if it was Aura getting out of the carriage in this context. Yet also the one getting out had a staff, which is clearly ment to be Mare. Thats why hes got it mixed up. If he said gay men, that would probably work too.

But yes, I should stop bringing up his mistakes hey, cause its making him look bad, when his story is consistent with them. I was bringing them up as examples to back my point I had previous mentioned in a prior post.
Ah reminds me why I just lurk around, but please allow me to illuminate you on your whole reading comprehension problem. The reason why I brought up the whole context thing is because context is very important to avoid any misconceptions as to what the author is actually saying versus what you think the author is saying.

Mare is by very definition fits the term [trap] to a T. He's androgynous with no real discernible male traits plus wearing clothing that is commonly worn by women. So while Mare is indeed a BOY, anyone can easily mistake him for a GIRL at first glance...hell probably just a GIRL period if he doesn't outright state his actual gender. I reckon this is a fairly common trope most, if not all, anime fans should know of.

So someone that sees a [trap] for the first time would obviously mistake him for a GIRL and would therefore arrive at the conclusion that this person is in fact a GIRL. Won't it make sense that this GIRL would therefore grow up to be a heartbreaker in the future?

So to sum up? Just take the L on this one instead of digging the hole even deeper. Perhaps the other examples of inconsistencies you previously posted that I can't be bothered to verify hold merit, but definitely not this one.
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 11:16   Link #8262
Velsy

Can anyone explain to me while Ainz keeps putting someone worthless like Nifrea on a pedestal, and is even invited to the halls of Nararick. When its his grandma whos the genius alchemist ? The only one who should have some little worth of praise?. Hes just a shitty tier 1 spell caster whos getting all the credit for someone elses work. Ainz even told Lugursgina to throw her life away for him. And then at that he has to balls to say his NPCs are his treasures or friends daughters. I still cant get my head around Ainzs thinking :/

More I hear him praise him, more it just pisses me off. When I know there tons of characters who are worth more value to nararick than he ever will. Its like hes getting special treatment :/ hell Climb has more worth as a character and person. Not to mention Arche has the same ability as Fluder, and Ainz killed her off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
Ah reminds me why I just lurk around, but please allow me to illuminate you on your whole reading comprehension problem. The reason why I brought up the whole context thing is because context is very important to avoid any misconceptions as to what the author is actually saying versus what you think the author is saying.

Mare is by very definition fits the term [trap] to a T. He's androgynous with no real discernible male traits plus wearing clothing that is commonly worn by women. So while Mare is indeed a BOY, anyone can easily mistake him for a GIRL at first glance...hell probably just a GIRL period if he doesn't outright state his actual gender. I reckon this is a fairly common trope most, if not all, anime fans should know of.

So someone that sees a [trap] for the first time would obviously mistake him for a GIRL and would therefore arrive at the conclusion that this person is in fact a GIRL. Won't it make sense that this GIRL would therefore grow up to be a heartbreaker in the future?

So to sum up? Just take the L on this one instead of digging the hole even deeper. Perhaps the other examples of inconsistencies you previously posted that I can't be bothered to verify hold merit, but definitely not this one.
While alot of that does make sense. It is still pretty far fetched, so to say someone androgynous will grow up to be a heartbreaker of men. Unless the bar is.... so low when it comes to beauty standards.

Donated by Om Nerabdator

Last edited by Velsy; 2018-04-22 at 11:29.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 19:56   Link #8263
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Can anyone explain to me while Ainz keeps putting someone worthless like Nifrea on a pedestal, and is even invited to the halls of Nararick. When its his grandma whos the genius alchemist ? The only one who should have some little worth of praise?. Hes just a shitty tier 1 spell caster whos getting all the credit for someone elses work. Ainz even told Lugursgina to throw her life away for him. And then at that he has to balls to say his NPCs are his treasures or friends daughters. I still cant get my head around Ainzs thinking :/

More I hear him praise him, more it just pisses me off. When I know there tons of characters who are worth more value to nararick than he ever will. Its like hes getting special treatment :/ hell Climb has more worth as a character and person. Not to mention Arche has the same ability as Fluder, and Ainz killed her off.

While alot of that does make sense. It is still pretty far fetched, so to say someone androgynous will grow up to be a heartbreaker of men. Unless the bar is.... so low when it comes to beauty standards.
because of his ability to use all items, Ainz need him to test in case he find interesting stuffs
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 05:41   Link #8264
pervypig

Quote:

Well, as I said in a post earlier, in the world of Overlord, it's not just levels that determine OP. World Class Items beat level any day, just like the lvl 100 Shaltear is brainwashed by a World Class Item which may or may not have specific requirements. Despite being a frigging lvl 12, Nifrea has a skill that allow him to use ANY items. Also, since Ainz declared himself as a 'collector of the rare' (in Vol. 9, Ainz want even Gazef among his 'collection') to him, Nifrea may just be some fragile bauble that he can't put into a vault.

On why he commanded Lupusregina to give her life to protect Nifrea, I think it's more of a figure of speech than anything - to make her understand that unlike her, Nifrea can actually die and may not resurrect since he may be too weak. But yeah, that is quite inconsistent. Also, strictly speaking, as an NPC, Lupus can resurrect without any penalty (Shaltear resurrected just fine with only memory loss).

Quote:
Well, any otaku worth his hentai stash would tell you that traps are under another gender called 'Hideyoshi' which is totally straight and fuckable. I personally don't count that as an 'inconsistency', but well, YMMV as they say...
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 08:01   Link #8265
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:

There's multiple reasons why he is important:

1. His ability to use all items.

2. The "deal" Ainz made with the grandmother and the sacrifice of having broken that crown item to save Nifrea. Having Nifrea die after that would sully the name of Ainz Owl Gown and make destroying the crown be a waste in retrospect.

3. He is the most talented "production type" individual from that new world that Ainz is aware of and he is still rather young. He has a lot of value in being groomed and he already showed results in the form of creating the "purple" potion together with his grandmother.

4. He is the love interest of Enri, who is also another person on the "list". That kind of relationship doesn't seem to be enough to get on the list itself, but it was after all this kind of relationship that gave Enri's sister the opportunity to visit Nazarick and to "praise" it, resulting in her gaining a spot in the list as well.

Quote:
Not true. Even in the real world, many children can have rather androgynous looks and then 10 years later be someone whose gender is easily recognisable. Just because you didn't see something like that happen yourself, doesn't mean it exists. Also despite being androgynous, it's possible to have features that can be used as a basis to predict how someone looks NOT androgynous in the future.

And there's also nothing special about the "prediction" part. Though if it was from 3rd person perspective then it might just be someone (over)confident in their "observation abilities", while if it was an omniscient narrator, then it could be related to the fact that Mare's "setting" will make him look feminine in the future despite being male. There no contradiction there.
Old 2018-04-24, 05:52   Link #8266
Fufufu
Doffy

Three more days guys.
Fufufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-24, 14:51   Link #8267
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fufufu View Post
Three more days guys.
Yeah.........if you can read Japanese... otherwise we still have to wait a month or two.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-24, 16:17   Link #8268
Fufufu
Doffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Yeah.........if you can read Japanese... otherwise we still have to wait a month or two.
If I remember correctly vol.12 took two weeks to get translated.
Old 2018-04-24, 18:36   Link #8269
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fufufu View Post
If I remember correctly vol.12 took two weeks to get translated.
Indeed... it took 17 days, I thought it had been longer xD
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 03:19   Link #8270
Fufufu
Doffy

Reddit got some art spoilers
Old 2018-04-25, 12:26   Link #8271
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Can we saw Her excellence Enri goblin army in action soon?
Old 2018-04-25, 20:28   Link #8272
Waxman

I like that pic of Neia, i wonder if she will be given the chance to use her bow this time, maybe even against Roxu the nagaraja but at least i hope she outperforms Remedios.
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 22:05   Link #8273
Hata
時の異邦人

spoiler is out on 5chan, I would say the story pretty much follow the foreshadows, Chinese translation of the first chapter had already started, here is the index.

Spoiler for Index:

book #14 according to post notes will be out in 2019.
Old 2018-04-25, 22:13   Link #8274
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
spoiler is out on 5chan, I would say the story pretty much follow the foreshadows, Chinese translation of the first chapter had already started, here is the index.

Spoiler for Index:

i can understand about Archer, but who is Lancer? Shallchair
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 23:28   Link #8275
Fufufu
Doffy

Go see wiki. sierra117
Old 2018-04-26, 00:30   Link #8276
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Chinese translation of the first chapter had already started
reddit is doing the English<->Chinese translation.

Quote:
anime season 3 will be out July. an Evileye gaiden will be out before #14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
i can understand about Archer, but who is Lancer? Shallchair
Spoiler:

Last edited by Hata; 2018-04-26 at 04:22.
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 14:47   Link #8277
ChuckE
Provoker

Author is trying to develop the demi-human side hm. Still it kinda feels wasting now that it took 7-8 volumes for the human side. But still it understandable because human side had more cunning individuals and demihumans are just tribes.
Old 2018-04-28, 11:33   Link #8278
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

That character sheet from vol. 13 of the Ainz Owl Gown guild member Bellriver who was "silenced by a megacorporation to keep his lips sealed", makes me wonder if Suzuki Satoru was actually unknowingly killed in real life when the server was closed down or something, which would mean he actually got reinarnated into his player Avatar in another world somehow, which would explain the "loose end" which is his real life body. But maybe it's all just red-herring by the "Trollthor" and perhaps the real life aspect will never have any influence on the main story.

On the other hand... I was always a bit bothered why the author didn't use the commonly used "VRMMORPG", as in Virtual Reality, but instead "DMMORPG" as in "Dive", which implies that one enters a place that already exists (Dive) rather than having a place constructed just for the purpose of entertainment (Virtual Reality). Though it could also just be the Trollthor trying to be "original" with his naming or something.
Old 2018-04-28, 18:25   Link #8279
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Wasn't that just a meme pasta? I read that way before last volume release.
Old 2018-04-29, 04:51   Link #8280
Rimbo99

How would like Overlord to end?
Rimbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination