Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-03-02, 15:14   Link #1
luvv777
hokage sama

after 3 years of training

i see no major difference in naruto at all

i dont know if its just me but after watching shippuuden 1-4 i think naruto just improved a little, his techniques are the same as before. i mean comon, he went to train with a legendary sannin and still his improvement are minimum to non

for manga readers, you guys have read far ahead, i was wondering if naruto really had a major improvement in the course of the 3 years training since the anime so far shows the same old naruto. try to answer this question without spoiling anything or better just say ay or nay

peace, luvv777
luvv777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 15:20   Link #2
Rurik
Golden

I think that even answering Yes or NO, it would be a spoiler. One thing for sure that have not change after all this time, is the Anime team stupidity.
Old 2007-03-02, 15:22   Link #3
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

I'd say....you'll be suprised...what has changed...not with Naruto...but with everyone.

Naruto is simply much more experienced (i cant really say smarter because that would be weird)

It also seems that Naruto has his chakra better under control...and obviously...he can match or nearly match Kakashi's speed (a thing which he couldnt before....check the flashbacks )

The things that he learned with Jiraiya...are things that are not save to use on your friends if you know what i mean. Things like Rasengan where used to a minimum amount (1 time only i think). If i remember correctly he didnt use it in the Manga at all.

Because those are simply too dangerous, regardless the come-at-me-with-the-intention-to-kill...a simple example would be...why didnt he try to summon the huge frog boss
Old 2007-03-02, 15:23   Link #4
A.N.B.U

basing this on four episodes of shippuden is dumb and premature. he hasnt had a major fight with anyone but his true skills and strentghs will be upcoming in futre episodes
A.N.B.U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 15:29   Link #5
Nitherius

word , Naruto is just a lil loser atm .... as he's always been . They could have made him abit cooler tbh but hes still a weak non cool brat. This series have a great story but the animation n shit has been made for 7 year kids or something.
I mean they could speed up the battle speed alot, cuz right now it looks like they run in slowmotion or smthing lol, i thought in the ninjah world u were faster n shit after training but even the jounins sometimes go fast as hell and then other fights theyre slower than oldies lol
Nitherius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 17:06   Link #6
Gattzu
Silent but Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitherius View Post
word , Naruto is just a lil loser atm .... as he's always been . They could have made him abit cooler tbh but hes still a weak non cool brat. This series have a great story but the animation n shit has been made for 7 year kids or something.
I mean they could speed up the battle speed alot, cuz right now it looks like they run in slowmotion or smthing lol, i thought in the ninjah world u were faster n shit after training but even the jounins sometimes go fast as hell and then other fights theyre slower than oldies lol
Yes, seeing black flashes of movement is a great feature.
Gattzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 19:02   Link #7
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

As a manga read, without SPOILING anything, I can say that I am not impressed with Naruto's growth considering he has been with Jiraiya all that time.

Jiraiya has proven to be a great teacher in the past:

- He taught Naruto how to control his chakra better.

- He taught him summoning which helped him win an important battle with Gaara.

- He taught him how to call upon the Kyuubi chakra (which was also very helpful).

- He kept his word and taught him a jutsu on par with Chidori.

He was very helpful and I do feel that Naruto's growth is not adequetely expressed after the time skip.
Old 2007-03-02, 20:23   Link #8
luvv777
hokage sama

Quote:
As a manga read, without SPOILING anything, I can say that I am not impressed with Naruto's growth considering he has been with Jiraiya all that time.

Jiraiya has proven to be a great teacher in the past:

- He taught Naruto how to control his chakra better.

- He taught him summoning which helped him win an important battle with Gaara.

- He taught him how to call upon the Kyuubi chakra (which was also very helpful).

- He kept his word and taught him a jutsu on par with Chidori.

He was very helpful and I do feel that Naruto's growth is not adequetely expressed after the time skip.
all of this took them like half a year, that is why im surprise that after watching 1-4, naruto didnt have much improvement considering the time and the trainer

Quote:
basing this on four episodes of shippuden is dumb and premature. he hasnt had a major fight with anyone but his true skills and strentghs will be upcoming in futre episodes
guess or are you a manga reader?

all im trying to say really is that they they went to train and prepare and after all that, naruto seems to be the same guy. he slightly improve his speed and the use of his shadow clone justsu, he still needs a clone to summon a rasengan, i dont see any new techniques and a major difefrence so far
Old 2007-03-02, 20:32   Link #9
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvv777 View Post
all of this took them like half a year, that is why im surprise that after watching 1-4, naruto didnt have much improvement considering the time and the trainer
That is how I felt when I saw the manga chapters the anime is covering now.

I don't want to spoil anything but I will say that Naruto has learned something from Jiraiya's training and is continuing to improve currently in the manga but when it comes to what he has learned solely from that time period it doesn't seem like he learned much and it is very disappointing for anyone who was anticipating substantial growth in ability from him.

If you look at my list of threads I even made a manga thread (containing spoilers ofcourse) about this very subject and some were in agreement while others accused me of being a hater.

I just want to see the main character show so growth. He looks pitiful compared to the growth of the other characters.

I think maybe Kishi overshadowed his growth and focused too much on what he could do with him on screen/paper.
Old 2007-03-02, 21:00   Link #10
xcad

the difference in naruto?

season1 naruto does things without thinking at all. brash. season2 naruto.. he thinks..abit more than last time..
xcad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 22:51   Link #11
nooc

Maybe naruto is suffering from Alzheimer's. Or perhaps the series is actually targeted towargs people with the disease, ie. if Naruto improves too quickly, it could be experienced as confusing for the viewers, hence the frequent flashbacks etc. :P

We'll see...
nooc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 23:58   Link #12
fullmetalMonkey
fma obessed monkey

I DO NOT READ THE MANGA! i am thinking naruto learnd a few new justu but i think all most all of his training was being a able to use the kuubi on a wim and non kuubi chakra control
fullmetalMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 01:13   Link #13
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
they were probably training to become ubre ero nins instead of actual leveling! hence why the new naruto feels like a naruto 1.03c or something instead of naruto 2.0
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 01:14   Link #14
diners13

well i think that naruto has learned some new jutsu but he doesnt use them on kakashi fight and no till now but it seems impossible in 2 and half years to have improved only his timing of cones so lets wait for something better he may have a new attack but he doesnt use like the frog summoning he use it very barely altough its a strong jutsu.... when the times comes he will show his new jutsu... im sure of it
diners13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 01:19   Link #15
mattuchiha

just by watching hte episode naruto has trained his mind and his tatics

Just keep watching episodes he is only using his lower strength agaisn't kakashi
mattuchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 01:19   Link #16

The fight with Kakashi is supposedly non-lethal and has already proven some very important lessons learned by Naruto. Just because new jutsu are not shown doesn't mean he's hasn't grown. As previously stated 4 episodes aren't enough to judge, except for noticing the little things. Besides if Naruto killed Kakashi with a super jutsu, what would that have to say about the strength of Kakashi? The reality is two years or so isn't really that long and such training should never be able to exceed twenty years of training and experience.

I was disappointed that ep 4 saved two min of animation by repeating the intro. The animation may also appear slower, as will the fights, because the producers must submit to DBZ syndrome. There just isn't enough manga material yet. If they animated at the pace of the manga, like Naruto, each ep would be two or three issues each. Shipuuden would have exhausted all material in two possibly three seasons. But I loved the atmosphere created during Deidara x Gara and want to see more like it rather than fast stylized fights like Sasuki CS2 x Kyuubi Naruto.

From someone who has read the manga, hang in there, it's going to be awhile before you see some dramatic changes in Naruto. But once you see them and stop to think how long it must have taken for him to learn it, as well as the relearning of certain traits, and who his opponents are then maybe you'll understand Jiriya's accomplishments. Also, keep an open mind that Kishimoto spends far more time on other teams than just Team 7 post time skip.
AvatarAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 20:18   Link #17
luvv777
hokage sama

thing is naruto wants to be a hokage, and so far his growth is nothing special

the fourth was very young when he became a hokage, he was full of talent and ninjitsu techniques, he even made techniques that noone can possibly come up with

kakashi became a chunin at the age of six, he knows more than 1000 ninjitsus

as for naruto, hes 15 and so far he only knows how to do at most 2 ninjitsu which is replacement and kage bushin (3 if you include the sailor moon technique). i dont think hes growth at all is reasonble to become a hokage in another 50 years, hell most of his peers did not even train with a sannin and still im guessing that they have grown so much more than naruto and are better candidates to be a hokage

im pretty sure that they would end the show at the point where naruto finally becomes a hokage but if i have to wait for 50 years, pak dat
Old 2007-03-03, 21:24   Link #18
xcad

kakashi would not have known 1000 jutsus if he never had the sharingan. and he could have turned out a normal chuunin/jounin without the sharingan.

the 4th took a month to perfect the rasengan, naruto took a week. dont forget, naruto might have jiraiya to tell him the steps, but he mastered the technique on his own.

growth doesnt come overnight anw.
xcad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 22:14   Link #19
Rock Lee X
Rock Lee Junkie

i feel that at times when naruto should be serious....he gets really dumb..like i would love to go one episode when naruto is crazy serious...like the final sasuke vs naruto fight...now dat was serious
Rock Lee X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 22:40   Link #20
BlackShinobi07

Well seeing as how this is Naruto were talking about, just get ready to be REALLY dissapointed. As for Sauske, be prepared to be amazed. My goodness, sometimes i think Sasuke may actually be Kishis favorite character.

Last edited by BlackShinobi07; 2007-03-04 at 00:15.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote