Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-03-02, 16:03   Link #9781
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
... long story short ...
... it is a bit of sarcasm. Since that was supposed to be a joke. Thanks for commenting on it seriously though (and this one, albeit it's quite hard to believe, is sincere gratitude aimed at your "forum aesthetics", and not an ironic statement).
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 20:21   Link #9782
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

[QUOTE=BW95;5030303]I think Luo Hao beat a buddha(s). She had an authority she took from one.

"Buddha" tend to be used as a generic term when referring to those bald Buddha look-alike guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
As I remember, after Sun Wukong beat up everyone in heaven the Buddha was like "Knock it off, brat" and then just sat on him. Or dropped a mountain on his head, I can't remember which.
Quote:
I think he was sealed underneath a mountain. Afterwards, he got buddhahood himself.
He was wrecking up the heaven, and even defeated Jade Emperor that he had to ask for Buddha's help. Buddha gave Wukong a chance: he can do whatever he want if he could jump across his hand. He failed, IIRC he could only jump up of his pinky. Because he lost he was sealed in the Eight-Trigram Furnace (aka, the Hakkero--yeah, he's Proto-Marisa alright). Then he was freed by Xuanzang in exchange for accompanying him retrieve the Sutra and then he was granted Buddhahood for his service.

No story of him after that. I'm not exactly clear about what comes after becoming a Buddha, but as far as I remember they don't exactly interfere with the world after that except on rare case. Of course, considering how the Campione's Heretic God system works, for all we know Sun Wukong might have been summoned based on his legends as a trickster instead of a Buddha.

Not many Buddhas has similar pre-histories like him but they exists. Any of the Buddhas mentioned might be one of them.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 20:35   Link #9783
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Last time I watched Sunwukong chinese drama, he got stuck in the mountain after losing to Buddha (the priest saved him from his prison in the mountain) and not being kept inside the furnace. IIRC he got stuck inside the furnace for 30 days(?), survived and got stronger because of it before fighting Buddha.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Wukong

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 21:34   Link #9784
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Oh yeah. Forgot about that. It's been a while since I dealt with Sun Wukong and Chinese myths aren't exactly my forte. I mean, I've only recently found out about Houyi.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 05:04   Link #9785
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
Oh yeah. Forgot about that. It's been a while since I dealt with Sun Wukong and Chinese myths aren't exactly my forte. I mean, I've only recently found out about Houyi.
That's because chinese myths are way too complex
Old 2014-03-06, 01:57   Link #9786
rickiminato

when are release the true volume of campione?
Old 2014-03-06, 04:24   Link #9787
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
when are release the true volume of campione?
If you mean a volume that isn't a compilation of short stories ... no official release date has been published yet.

Considering the previous volumes release dates, I speculate that it might be released somewhere near the end of May / July.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 06:25   Link #9788
Sozoshi

Is that Godou on the cover of vol.16?
Since when does he have red eyes?
Sozoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 06:40   Link #9789
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sozoshi View Post
Is that Godou on the cover of vol.16?
Since when does he have red eyes?
Yes I notice too did illustrator of campione change coz the pic of some character are bit different

Uhm quick question can Pallas Athena revert to Goddess Athena when Pallas died/or somehow Godou find a way to revert her to former self, saw the spoiler I miss heretic Athena
Old 2014-03-06, 06:50   Link #9790
Sozoshi

I think it's actually better this way.
If she isn't a goddess they don't have to kill each other.
Sozoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 06:59   Link #9791
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sozoshi View Post
I think it's actually better this way.
If she isn't a goddess they don't have to kill each other.
But but she is a slave of somesort of the king of the end according to the spoilers , I miss Heretic Athena
Old 2014-03-08, 10:28   Link #9792
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
But but she is a slave of somesort of the king of the end according to the spoilers , I miss Heretic Athena
+1. Slaves aren't "haughty". That's actually the trait I love about Athena the most.

Well, if we take her words literally, there shouldn't be a problem. She did say in their first bout that she'll carve his name deep into her heart. After the events of (god-knows-which) one of the LNs, she did say that "her heart yearns" for a duel with someone before she does her duty properly. So she didn' really lie, or make a play on words actually.

Let us remember the victims of Domestic Violence.

Last edited by RpR1337; 2014-03-08 at 10:48.
Old 2014-03-08, 15:22   Link #9793
Chris38

Seems like zzhk has started the actual translation of volume 16.

23% of chapter 7 are out on BT
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 16:29   Link #9794
Breimoon

yeaaaaaah thanks for headsup
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 17:34   Link #9795
Nihgthawk

I read somewhere that one or more of the other short stories had more added to them when they were released in the light novel. Does anyone know if they will be re-translated?
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 17:53   Link #9796
Breimoon

they will only translate the added part probably.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 17:59   Link #9797
Nihgthawk

Do you know what was added?
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 21:26   Link #9798
breno.m.fis

Hello comrades, I was thinking and now that Perseus is back Godou has a new chance to definitively settle the fight he could not finish. What kind of ability do you think could come from Perseus? I imagine if [Mithras] can seal Verethragna's incarnations it must be able to intensifies them or even recharges them. It's an interesting way to gain power as told by Glass Princess.
breno.m.fis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 02:49   Link #9799
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by breno.m.fis View Post
Hello comrades, I was thinking and now that Perseus is back Godou has a new chance to definitively settle the fight he could not finish. What kind of ability do you think could come from Perseus? I imagine if [Mithras] can seal Verethragna's incarnations it must be able to intensifies them or even recharges them. It's an interesting way to gain power as told by Glass Princess.
Probably nothing. Godou already possess many power, he doesn't need new ones, he just needs to use ole ones skillfully and creatively.
Old 2014-03-09, 02:51   Link #9800
bakapervert
A pervert

^ Well, an authority to recharge Godou's used authority will make him far more stronger and versatile.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem