AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-02-01, 11:21   Link #4081
Wandering Soul

Ochako really does deserve the MVP spot. Looks like everyone should have been more concerned about her and her gun head martial arts than Deku and OFA.

It looks like this arc is ending. If it was supposed to show that class B is as good as class A, it didn't succeed. Class A came out with 3 wins, 1 loss, and 1 tie. It doesn't help that 2 of those wins were stomps and Kendou outright said she didn't feel like she really won her match.
Old 2019-02-01, 11:37   Link #4082
Hakai

Class A is much better, especially when it comes to pure combat and I'm glad Horikoshi didn't try to force the idea that they are equal.

It's impossible for them to match A simply because Todoroki, Deku and Bakugou. All three of those op bastards are in the same class.

If we don't count them then maybe we could argue A and B are close overall since they got some pretty impressive quirks(although a lot of them aren't straight combat types).
Old 2019-02-01, 12:31   Link #4083
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I agree on Uraraka being the MVP. It wasn't his fault since his quirk went berserk but Deku ended up not doing much. Certainly not a performance that will overshadow Bakugou's.

I had completely forgotten that Monoma could copy multiple quirks, I thought it was one at a time. If he could extend the time he can keep them, he'd be a force to be reckoned with.
Old 2019-02-01, 14:28   Link #4084
HtwoN

Someday people will realize how OP is the ability to control gravity.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 17:03   Link #4085
zibi88

so Shinso will mostly join class B since he kinda formed a trust in Monoma and formed rivarly with Deku.... and in class A there is Aizawa
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 17:52   Link #4086
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Gun Head can really be proud, for how much positive influence he had compared to how little time he had with Ochako.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
It looks like this arc is ending. If it was supposed to show that class B is as good as class A, it didn't succeed. Class A came out with 3 wins, 1 loss, and 1 tie. It doesn't help that 2 of those wins were stomps and Kendou outright said she didn't feel like she really won her match.
I'd say they lost decisively but not that badly, if you look at it. It doesn't matter how Kendou feels. B class had the better plan and were mostly dominant throughout.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2019-02-01 at 18:26.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 19:32   Link #4087
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
Someday people will realize how OP is the ability to control gravity.
I'm pretty sure everyone already knows. At least in cases when the user can increase gravity.

Uraraka's ability isn't too OP (yet) since she needs to touch the object/person and she can only decrease/remove gravity. It's actually her martial arts skills that made her awesome in this match.
Old 2019-02-01, 19:42   Link #4088
Hakai

Uraraka should carry a massive hammer and drop it on people for greater offensive abilities and thick armour for defence which she can make weightless

But she's aiming to be a rescue hero so that probably wouldn't happen.

Her quirk is pretty good even for combat IMO if the user has some solid equipments and top level physical strength(like Stain or Mirio).
Still wouldn't call it OP though, that's something I'd say for Todoroki, Inasa or Overhaul's quirk.
Old 2019-02-01, 19:56   Link #4089
Galaxian

The funny part is that Class A was focused on what Shinsou might do while Class B was focused on what Deku might do, but those two ended up taking themselves out of the equation and faced each other away from the rest of the groups.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-02, 01:58   Link #4090
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakai View Post
Uraraka should carry a massive hammer and drop it on people for greater offensive abilities and thick armour for defence which she can make weightless
Lugging around a big hammer would be inconvenient, especially if her quirk does nothing for inertia.

Quote:
But she's aiming to be a rescue hero so that probably wouldn't happen.

Her quirk is pretty good even for combat IMO if the user has some solid equipments and top level physical strength(like Stain or Mirio).
Still wouldn't call it OP though, that's something I'd say for Todoroki, Inasa or Overhaul's quirk.
Her quirk's very good against people who rely on close combat and physical ability. (Like the tail guy, or super strong people...) Once she makes them weightless, what are they going to do? Especially out in the open, where she can just drop them from a great height.
Old 2019-02-02, 05:58   Link #4091
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Lugging around a big hammer would be inconvenient, especially if her quirk does nothing for inertia.

Her quirk's very good against people who rely on close combat and physical ability. (Like the tail guy, or super strong people...) Once she makes them weightless, what are they going to do? Especially out in the open, where she can just drop them from a great height.
It'd be very useful against the likes of Kirishima or Muscular(especially since they are hard to damage) but someone like Bakugou or Tokoyami will simply keep her at a distance like Bakugou once already did. A weapon could solve the range problem even if it's inconvenient.

But like I said before she wants to be a rescue hero so probably not worth the trouble for her.
Old 2019-02-02, 12:22   Link #4092
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Class B No.1: Let's aim Deku and the team will fall apart once we got rid of Deku!

Class B No.2: How about Uraka?

Class B No.1: Nah, that one is fodder. Ignore her.

Class B No.2, No.3, No.4, No.5: Ok. Urak-who? LOLOLOL.

**After the match**

Class B: Should have get rid of her first. She alone taijutsu 50% of us.

Uraka: They see me taijutsuing, they hating it.
This is how I read this chapter. Love the outcome of this fight.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-02, 14:21   Link #4093
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Part of their problem is that they don't see her taijutsuing.
Old 2019-02-07, 01:53   Link #4094
Hakai

Early chapter this week!

Thank you Mina, you made the already great chapter into a perfect 10.

Really funny and heartwarming chapter. Loved the character interactions. I'm so happy for Shinsou.

Monoma still a salty delusional bastard. But it seems like he might be important in figuring out more about Eri's power and potentially fixing Mirio.
Old 2019-02-07, 02:18   Link #4095
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

so.... Shinsou should join class B and Monoma would be moved into class A... why? for the lulz

Uraraka's blushing is intense.. her whole face changed
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-07, 06:36   Link #4096
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakai View Post
Monoma still a salty delusional bastard. But it seems like he might be important in figuring out more about Eri's power and potentially fixing Mirio.
Not necessarily. I think Monoma's copy of OfA being a "dud/blank" may factor into why Aizawa is asking him to meet with Eri.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-07, 09:04   Link #4097
Random14

Glad the matches are finally over with. Although I hope they can eventually come up with a better story for Deku's new power. And glad Shinso is confirmed for transfer, he definitely deserves it.

Huh, so they're going to test Monoma with Eri's power? Personality aside, Monoma's quirk is potentially very powerful, under the right circumstances. Apparently he tried to copy One For All, but it didn't work? But then One For All is extremely unusual (maybe he only got the original strength or the transfer quirk?). Anyway, aside from bringing Eri again, I wonder which plot they'll jump to next.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-07, 10:04   Link #4098
TURI123456

I hope the character of Neito Monoma gets development in the next Arc.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-07, 12:44   Link #4099
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Funniest bit of the chapter for me were the girls praising Midnight for her impartiality and asking for Vladking to be removed

The ending surprised me, but I guess wanting to test Monoma's copy power on Eri makes sense.
Old 2019-02-07, 16:54   Link #4100
marvelB

Dammit, I don't care what Mina says, Mineta was the TRUE MVP of that final match! She's just jealous because she didn't come up with such an awesome strategy herself! Hmph!

Anyway, cool to know that Shinsou finally gets his long-awaited transfer! Now, the question remains whether or not he'll become a part of class A or B....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
I hope the character of Neito Monoma gets development in the next Arc.
Yes, surely his interactions with young Eri will make Monoma an even greater passive-aggressive douchebag!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot