AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-04-26, 17:04   Link #81
petran79
out of touch with anime

For adult comedy
Beavis and Butthead. One of the most funniest series. No anime looks similar except Ping Pong Club maybe. I'll watch Wonder Showzen soon.

For younger audiences, who can forget Kissyfur, another very good series

Also Disney's last good series, Duck Tales, Rescue Rangers, Gummi Bears etc before their demise

Not to forget Garfield and Friends which I enjoyed a little more than Heathcliff

If you compare them with animes of that era for the same age group and genre, they have high standards.

Also M.A.S.K still rivals many anime series, as well as the old TMNT, not the recent excrement.

Also Super Mario Bros
And the old Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon is much better than the current Sonic anime, even if it had a much lower animation budget.

Also Peanuts was a classic

Not to forget Fire and Ice movie by Ralph Bakshi and Heavy MEtal, old and recent version and Rock and Rule, as well as the movie WHen the WInd blows

And even though they're French, Once upon a time in space and Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea are better than most animes, whether old or new. And also Gandahar and Time Masters by Rene Laloux are masterpieces. Check also the recent movie Renaissance with top quality animation, reminding of Sin City

And these are only a few
visit this for the classic US shows

http://www.toonopedia.com/

But now this Saturday morning feeling is long lost with the current crap and PC cartoons and dubbed animes.
I wouldnt mind if they re-aired some of the old shows, instead of making crappy new ones
petran79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 21:44   Link #82
ibreatheanime

Avatar the last air bender is rather animeish.

however I just love western cartoons almost as much as I love anime.
Some of my favorites
fairly odd parents
camp lazlo
the grim adventures of billy and mandy
Invader Zim
Ed Edd and Eddy
ibreatheanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 01:36   Link #83
PILMAN

I enjoy King Of The Hill, dunno if that can meet the Anime standard but it has good animation/drawings.
PILMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 19:55   Link #84
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad, Invasion America, King Arthur and the Knights of Justice (though after seeing Fate/Stay Night, I will always remember "king arthur" as this cute fluffywhitebunny girl named Saber), transformers, beastwars, Batman Beyond (WAS THIS REALLY CANCELLED FOR OVERWHELMING AMOUNTS OF VIOLENCE?! LMAOSOX), X-men, Spider-man, ExoSquad, Wildcats. (IIRC, Zealot=HOTT). Power rangers in the original season was also just WTFPWNage...then again, I was 6 =P.