AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-11-10, 02:30   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 516 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Spoilers out:

Quote:
Title: Gaara's Speech

-Anko’s team, seeing the many Edo Tensei corpses start to emerge is ordered back to headquarters to be debriefed. Meanwhile, Anko, realizing something is wrong, decides to infiltrate the base by herself.

-Cut to the various Zombies, whilst milling about, they converse with each other, talking about being alive again, and what is going on. Zabuza and Haku talk to each other, as do Dan and Asuma (and Asuma seems to actually know Dan).

-Cut to Kabuto and Madara discussing how to use the Zombies in their attacks (Deidara and Sasori will provide traps and bombs; a new ninja from Kiri and an unknown member of Ne will provide detection and support). Kabuto explains that it is taxing to control so many Zombies at once (without them going rogue), and that besides a few key Zombies, he is going to destroy their personalities in battle, turning them into fighting dolls. Meanwhile Sasori and Deidara converse on their new role in life (the conversation seems fairly funny ).

-Meanwhile, the released Zombies target Anko’s Team. And Anko attacks Kabuto (who was still talking to Madara about troop movement).

-Cut to the alliance forces (still standing in formation for Gaara). Many of the members begin to fight with each (accusing one another of killing family, etc). Seeing this, Gaara subdues everyone, and delivers a Naruto-esque speech (it’s actually about Naruto as well). Everyone calms down, and the alliance is reforged.

-Briefly Cut to Naruto, who has finished the first stage of his Bijuu Training. Kirabi begins to instruct him on the last stage…

-Finally, the various Alliance Kage are seen talking about the war…

Last edited by james0246; 2010-11-10 at 09:55.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 04:50   Link #2
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Spoiler for Short version:

Spoiler for Longer version:
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 06:24   Link #3
Bombo
TSF Fans

It's so funny about deaths talking XD.
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 06:47   Link #4
7thFonon
seventh

Yeah its kinda weird, all of them talking casually like that too. lol

And from the title of the next chapter, maybe we'll see some matchups??
Definitely hope to see.... Zabuza vs Kakashi rematch, Gaara vs Kimimaro rematch, and Asuma vs Shikamaru. Make it happen Kishi.
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 06:53   Link #5
Jehuty

I hope they can eventually break from Edo Tensei, since it's so many of them. As Kabuto said, it's pretty hard to control them all...

And so far no one's really resisted. It'd be interesting to see all the good guys resist and somehow break it off (although Kabuto could just cancel the Edo Tensei by that point).

Or perhaps this is Kabuto's plan all along... He's still a wild card.
Old 2010-11-10, 07:36   Link #6
secretzfan
*Fansubber

When is Sasuke coming back we got a glimpse t him last chapter so were is he???
Old 2010-11-10, 07:57   Link #7
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Things are really moving along quickly since the story left the turtle island. The shinobi alliance, the Edo Tensei summons, the Zetsu army. The Edo Tensei may be pretty shameless fanservice ... but it's fanservice done right, The possibility of matchups is really near endless. Gotta say, it's been awhile since I've had this much anticipation.

I think the lengths everyone's going through to keep Naruto from realizing that there's a worldwide war going on is kinda ridiculous, but other than that I like how things are progressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
I hope they can eventually break from Edo Tensei, since it's so many of them. As Kabuto said, it's pretty hard to control them all...

And so far no one's really resisted. It'd be interesting to see all the good guys resist and somehow break it off (although Kabuto could just cancel the Edo Tensei by that point).
Yeah, I imagine some of them will break out of it eventually. Particularly Asuma. I mean, all it would probably take is Shika saying something about his unborn son, Kurenai, will of fire, blah blah and BAM....instant shounen willpower-- he's free!

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 11:10   Link #8
Nite-Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
When he kills Tenzo...........ooops
Well whenever he comes back hes going to be killing someone
Old 2010-11-10, 12:13   Link #9
ZeroForever

naruto is training more... zzzz

anyone have the feeling that the battle will go in the favor of the villains until suddenly Naruto arrives and 1 shots them with his new training until suddenly sasuke will arrive as well and it'll turn into a 1v1 fight with everyone else becoming useless.
Old 2010-11-10, 12:21   Link #10
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Yeah, I'm sure that Kabuto and Madera would just love becoming useless... </snark>
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 12:56   Link #11
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
war...has changed...~cue old snake music~
Old 2010-11-10, 13:05   Link #12
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

No, Anko, what are you doing!

I like Zabuza's part. Just wait til their control is broken.

It was a good idea to have Gaara lead actually. I had my doubts at first, but if anyone is powerful enough to keep everyone in check and get their heads straight again, it's him.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 14:20   Link #13
ZeroForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Yeah, I'm sure that Kabuto and Madera would just love becoming useless... </snark>
was referring to the other good guys (like in the pain fight).

madera and kabuto I'm assuming won't actively be on the front lines, unless they're gonna do a 'I win' card or get backstabbed.
Old 2010-11-10, 14:30   Link #14
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Gaara leading the ground charge of the battalion was very epic, really like the way it was drawn.

Also, zombie-Asuma's line made me chuckle:

"I have a bad feeling about this."

Gee Asuma, why on earth would you think that? Is it because you're an undead abomination with no control over your body?

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 14:55   Link #15
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I don't like how the dead have their personalities...never had, never will.

Great chapter though. We're back to the good stuff right here. I do think things are moving a little bit fast and it feels sudden but we can't waste time forming an army and all. The speech was good too I think he should have said Naruto's name but people can easily ask one another to find out who he was mentioning.
Old 2010-11-10, 15:06   Link #16
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
It's obvious that Kishi is using a double trick here: Madara said to Kabuto that he will not allow him to meet with Sasuke before the war ends. And then Kishi makes Kabuto and Madara the leaders of the war, which means Madara cannot allow Sasuke to join the war. The other part of the trick is the eye transplant, that allows Madara to control Sasuke temporarily. My guess is that black-Zetsu is lying to Sasuke about how much time he needs to recover, he is buying time for Madara to win this war.
This is good for the plot:
- again Kishi has made a trick to prevent Sasuke becoming the mass murderer of good guys
- it prevents the Naruto vs Sasuke fight which Madara was talking about, in the meantime Naruto can train
- while Madara is busy with the war Sasuke might find out some interesting informations about Madara, that would be cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suika-Esper View Post
No, Anko, what are you doing!
It would be scary if she became a zombie to fight under Kabuto's orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suika-Esper View Post
It was a good idea to have Gaara lead actually. I had my doubts at first, but if anyone is powerful enough to keep everyone in check and get their heads straight again, it's him.
But he does not have any war experience, and much less as a leader of an army in a world war. I mean it's not about how strong he is, but if he can outsmart the enemy by giving good orders to his troops. The only logical reason to let Gaara lead this army would be that the strongest shinobi (which are the kages and some others) are acting as bodyguards of Bee and Naruto, waiting for an ambush.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 15:09   Link #17
Ashaman

Surprised no one's mentioned the sub par art on the first 2 pages. Or maybe its just me?

Anyway. Good chapter. Gaara's speech was rather epic.

Deidra and Sasori interaction made me smile.

A few new Zombie!characters, so its not just people we know like so many complained about before.

Interesting to note that it seems as though Edo Tensei is kinda famous. At least, well known enough that a few of the zombies know about it. I would have thought it would be less well known.

Is that Itachi in the same panel as Kakuzu? Its hard to tell.
Old 2010-11-10, 15:16   Link #18
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

lol at leaf "root" member. Did Kabuto just summon a random person?
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 15:33   Link #19
Gin
*Artist

is the root member Sai's brother?
Old 2010-11-10, 15:35   Link #20
Phoenix321

Or did he just summon the one person that would make Sai feel again, making him loose focus. (His "brother")

Edit: 2 min late DAM IT :P
Phoenix321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion