AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2007-03-16, 04:56   Link #1
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Linkin Park's Minutes to Midnight

okay the new album was released in stores yesterday, im listening to it right now feeling a little dissapointed...

for starters as we all know and love LP as it usually uses rap together with vocals with guitars and some damn good riff rafing in between...

first thing i noticed was that on this cd there are hardly any real LP styled songs.. it sounds more like normal hard rock, as in a non djing and no rapping and without those it feels like LP is just lost entirely... i felt so excited when i heard a new album was coming up but now i find LP a little boring mostly because the vibe that held fans to listen to it over and over again is gone...

has anyone else had this feeling...
why ooh why has my first and most favorite rockband taken the course to dust and failure...
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 10:40   Link #2
Rurik
Golden

Well, I haven’t heard this CD, but I pretty much had an Idea when you explained the changes, its kind of suck in someway.

And yes I have felt the same feeling with my first and Former Favorite RockBand.

Green Day, They were my Favorite and I can say my firs Rock Experince, but after Nimrod, they took a very different and commercial approach to their music, so I ended up loosing the interest in them, Needless to say, I haven’t heard Gren Day Cds after Nimrod, and I’m not interested either.
Old 2007-03-16, 11:03   Link #3
azupanda

Send a message via AIM to azupanda Send a message via MSN to azupanda
Wait WHAT!? Their new CD I thought was coming out May 15th in the US and the 14th in other countries.
How did you manage to get your hands on it..... Explain!

~Panda
azupanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 14:34   Link #4
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by azupanda View Post
Wait WHAT!? Their new CD I thought was coming out May 15th in the US and the 14th in other countries.

~Panda
yes i was wondering about this as well... i did some research about this and found out that people have been spreading out a fake album by the same name, however the last song is still a LP song preformed in Japan at their live show Qwerty was quite good, though it was much mor eheavy, but i am still worried about wether or not LP is going on a new lane of music or if it will still use their old music

also the first LP TV, promotion for the newest album has been released, the music used int he background inthe end of the clip is from their newer releases.. but it sounds more metal than what fans would be used to...

a friend of mine send me the album, it was quite stupid that i even fell for it rofl
Old 2007-03-16, 15:05   Link #5
azupanda

Send a message via AIM to azupanda Send a message via MSN to azupanda
Knowing LP, I think that they will not disappoint. It might be something new from them, but I think they will do it just fine.

~Panda
azupanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 15:20   Link #6
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Knowing LP, I think that they will not disappoint. It might be something new from them, but I think they will do it just fine.

~Panda
i surely hope so.. after all this time between Meteora and their new album one would almost forget about their excistence..
Old 2007-03-17, 13:24   Link #7
Andu

Send a message via MSN to Andu
Quote:

~Panda
It's actually been quite a while that i've been getting new albums before they are released (for example, Dimmu Borgir are releasing a new album in April 28 in Europe and i already have it ).
Some get them from Orkut communities, ppl there say that south american countries get all stuff earlier. The version i believe is that the album is given to a small amount of people who write reviews and somehow the songs leak out from them.

On topic,
If they are not going to make something that follows the line of Meteora (and Reanimation), they are lost. Those albums are the ones that best describe this band.

PS.
I no longer have absolutely any interest in LP whatsoever. The only memory i still have of them is the album Hybrid Theory, which was the first original album i bought.
Andu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 01:57   Link #8
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Arrow

How exactly is a Screamo band related to anime music just out of interest? I don't think anything they've done anything that has ever been featured in an anime or anything related to anime. I mean other than their song "In The End" being used in just about every unofficial Anime Music Video on the planet and that one music video they did for Breaking The Habit that was animated by Gonzo. Still its a pretty darn loose relation and it's more like anime has been related to Linking Park by chance than Linkin Park is related to anime.

Maybe ya'll should mosey on over to the General Chat forum for this one, I don't know.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-03-18 at 04:10.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 13:32   Link #9
killmoms
Former Triad Typesetter

Maybe this forum shouldn't be "anime music," thereby imparting the false notion that music from anime is the only music worth talking about. Then again, this is a thread about Linkin Park, for Christ's sake, so... the idea that we're discussing music at all is a bit ridiculous.

Also, Linkin Park are not screamo. At all. In any way shape or form. Try to learn about genres before spouting off about them and making yourself look like an idiot.
Old 2007-03-21, 15:56   Link #10
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
How exactly is a Screamo band related to anime music just out of interest? I don't think anything they've done anything that has ever been featured in an anime or anything related to anime. I mean other than their song "In The End" being used in just about every unofficial Anime Music Video on the planet and that one music video they did for Breaking The Habit that was animated by Gonzo. Still its a pretty darn loose relation and it's more like anime has been related to Linking Park by chance than Linkin Park is related to anime.

Maybe ya'll should mosey on over to the General Chat forum for this one, I don't know.
it was in Geneal chat but it was moved here after i posted it... i found it strange as well, since this is the ANIME music section and LP doesnt do any JROCK so far as i know... the only relationship they have is their gravity style rofl
Old 2007-03-21, 20:46   Link #11
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

LP really isnt that good imo...emo-ish tbh
Old 2007-03-21, 21:55   Link #12
obentou
Maximum7/Ossu

The album isn't out yet , so don't spoil it, and I doubt their songs will suck.. they've always lived to expectations.. although I heard this album was going to be a different sort of style.

HurricaneHige: Sucks, you don't even like any of their songs? You must be pretty picky.

Kaioshin_Sama: Haha I agree, In the End was so friggin overused. Oh well =S
obentou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 12:19   Link #13
Lebron
I hear voices

all LP songs have been overused

Can't wait for the New Album. Been listening to Shinoda's Fort Minor album to tide me over for the time being.

also, LP emo-ish? Since when? :P
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 12:48   Link #14
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The forum title and subtitle plainly state that the section is for asian-based music (anime, jpop, jrock, etc) BUT ... in daily practice and reality, the mods move any music-related threads over here.

I tried getting them to just change the title and subtitle of the forum since they were doing that but to no avail.

So carry on
Old 2007-03-22, 13:22   Link #15
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The forum title and subtitle plainly state that the section is for asian-based music (anime, jpop, jrock, etc) BUT ... in daily practice and reality, the mods move any music-related threads over here.

I tried getting them to just change the title and subtitle of the forum since they were doing that but to no avail.

So carry on
there's no real trouble for it to be here, so dont worry too much thanks for asking anyway ^^

and as for producing, yes this year theres someone else budging in on the producement, together with Mike we have Rick Rubin, who has worked with Audioslave, Rage Against The Machine, System Of A Down, Slipknot, AC/DC, Shakira and Jay-Z
Old 2007-03-22, 16:11   Link #16
maymay
Inactive~

it should be interesting if theres a soad/rage against the machines vibe to this one. Ill definetly give it a listen
maymay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 23:56   Link #17
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
all LP songs have been overused

Can't wait for the New Album. Been listening to Shinoda's Fort Minor album to tide me over for the time being.

also, LP emo-ish? Since when? :P
Screamo, its the only thing I could attribute to the lead singers insistance on wailing with unpleasant background accompaniment. I don't have any idea what they do to make that unpleasant droning noise that is supposed to pass as the instrumental portions of their songs, but it sounds horrible. I also don't see how the lead singer screeching and elongating parts of his song is supposed to be pleasant or relaxing, which is what I always thought was the reason people listened to music for, relaxation and pleasure.

It really wouldn't bother me at all though if I didn't have to listen to them every night at maximum volume, same CD at work while working extremely hard and suffering a headache from it. Now as a result of classical conditioning, no matter where I hear it I feel pain in my forehead. That caused me to hold them as my most hated and despised band of all time. It would also be nice to have a music video I could watch, but since 99% of them seem to be Breaking The Habit, In The End or one of their other songs I can't remember, you know even if it doesn't fit the series at all, that is all but impossible unless I want a headache.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 01:39   Link #18
Lebron
I hear voices

Music is supposed to be different. What is relaxing to you, may not be the case for someone else. Different strokes for different folks really. Also, it doesn't always have to be relaxing. Some music is supposed to get you pumped, get your head banging, the blood flowing, etc.

I'm not a big fan of screaming either, but I can deal with it. If he is just screaming at the top of his lungs the whole song, then I probably won't listen. Either they mix it with Shinoda rapping, or Chester will mix the screaming with his normal singing voice.

Still, LP music is overused. Can't tell you how many AMV's are out there that have LP songs. Geez, at least try to be different..
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 03:50   Link #19
Nishi`Joichiro
Last Survivor

Linkin park is alright,i use to like them alot when they first came out though my opinion on them has changed since i was 14,though i dislike the new single since it sounds alot like something from meteora.

oh well.
Nishi`Joichiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 02:55   Link #20
therethere

i remember listening to linkin park when i was 14 and thinking "what the fuck is this shit they call music?" Now I'm 22 and guess what? Nothing's changed.
therethere is offline   Reply With Quote