AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 25 41.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 18.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 15.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 11.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.67%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-10, 12:07   Link #201
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

First things first. Does anyone complaining actually find StrikerS intolerable to the point watching becomes an actual chore?

If you ask me, well... it's true that StrikerS is draining a lot of potential down its own drain and there were a lot of lackluster elements be it direction/plot/character development/etc, but I don't think it sucks. It's enjoyable for me personally. It's just that it could be better... A LOT LOT better, but that doesn't mean itself on its own right now is horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
Well, MGLN SS1 took place in a swimming-pool, and A's SS1 in a public bath. So I suppose it sells.
I wasn't completely serious, but yeah, that's the point. If Nanoha fans can buy fanservice (( in more than one ways like cameos/onsen )) in voices, then training too, should sell. I mean, even voice-only battle scenes too are inside Sound Stages.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-10, 12:11   Link #202
Key Board
Carbon

I don't think it will ever measure up to A's

but it's far better than the first season

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-10, 12:15   Link #203
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I don't think it will ever measure up to A's

but it's far better than the first season
And if you ask my opinion, it really feels like they've already greenlighted S4.

I mean, watching StrikerS, it gives the impression that Seven Arcs are clearly holding back on StrikerS, using round-about plot elements like AMF, non-mage Cyborgs and all that, and keeping things like Ginga's IS, Nakajima dual-Knuckle wielding cards hidden, Jail's backstory, Alhazred links... rather than going all-out for an epic interdimensional scale anime. I mean, even the setting itself was stuck to the weakest link of TSAB, the Ground Forces.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-10, 12:23   Link #204
Key Board
Carbon

YOU'RE JUST STEALING MY THEORY!

/jk

But yeah, I think Carim, Verossa, Acous, Schach, ect were meant to be introduced this season to build up the following one

If you think of it, these Church members are very dangerous potential adversaries
Old 2007-09-10, 12:25   Link #205
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It is possible we may be seeing the germination of another "neverending series" ala some of the other shows that just won't gracefully exit the stage when they should have. That would be kind of sad.
Old 2007-09-10, 12:26   Link #206
Key Board
Carbon

probably not..

the season format and budgeting limitations will force the studio to think in shorter more constricted of goals

it's not something like Bleach, Naruto or One Piece which has more or less unlimited range
Old 2007-09-10, 12:38   Link #207
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
It is possible we may be seeing the germination of another "neverending series" ala some of the other shows that just won't gracefully exit the stage when they should have. That would be kind of sad.
If they redeem it with a shorter S4 like A's with more action and tighter storyline i don't see a problem with it.
Old 2007-09-10, 12:50   Link #208
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I mean, watching StrikerS, it gives the impression that Seven Arcs are clearly holding back on StrikerS
FWIW, it's not up to Seven Arcs, but Kingrecords.

People have to remember that animation studios rarely gets any say in anime projects and are merely contractors hired to do the dirty work so to say. They rarely own the rights to the works they animate. Only big guys like I.G, Gonzo, Sunrise, and Toei actually gets to spearhead anime projects.

In this particular case, since Kingrecord spearheads the Nanoha projects and racks in huge money from the merchandise as they print both the DVDs and CDs, plus getting huge promotional value in the form of raising their own artists like Mizuki Nana and Tamura Yukari, they may go for a 4th season.
Old 2007-09-10, 13:08   Link #209
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
FWIW, it's not up to Seven Arcs, but Kingrecords.

People have to remember that animation studios rarely gets any say in anime projects and are merely contractors hired to do the dirty work so to say. They rarely own the rights to the works they animate. Only big guys like I.G, Gonzo, Sunrise, and Toei actually gets to spearhead anime projects.

In this particular case, since Kingrecord spearheads the Nanoha projects and racks in huge money from the merchandise as they print both the DVDs and CDs, plus getting huge promotional value in the form of raising their own artists like Mizuki Nana and Tamura Yukari, they may go for a 4th season.
King Records... as in the producers, right?

Regardless, I was speaking more on a speculative line of thought, looking at StrikerS's execution of its plot elements, which even if King Records has a lot of say alongside creative control of Project StrikerS, Kusakawa and Tsuzuki are still the overall director and lead writer, right? It's less of a S4 greenlight, but merely a line of thought, that's possible. I am aware that Seven Arcs isn't the kind of studio that can spearhead their own projects without backers anyway.

I just use Seven Arcs as a generalization for most parts.

Old 2007-09-10, 13:13   Link #210
astranagun

Another Srw reference

It'a little extreme (and maybe off-topic) but don't you think Voltair has, in this image
,a pose similar to the one of
Spoiler for Srw W spoiler:
(sorry didn't find one without the others )

Last edited by astranagun; 2007-09-10 at 15:03. Reason: huge image
Old 2007-09-10, 13:34   Link #211
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by astranagun View Post
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2971/o
Could you please put that kind of insanely huge image inside a "spoiler" tag? Thanks in advance.
Old 2007-09-10, 14:13   Link #212
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Am I the only one who nearly breaks into laughing when Fate slams Jail aside like a rag doll? It just looks so funny
Old 2007-09-10, 14:37   Link #213
Jimmy C

Here's a thought, keeping Jail alive may be the best way to keep his "ressurection" plan from executing.
And on season 4. I hope the creators look upon their work on this season as a learning experience. And that they properly apply the lessons to season 4.
Old 2007-09-10, 15:10   Link #214
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Here's a thought, keeping Jail alive may be the best way to keep his "ressurection" plan from executing.
And on season 4. I hope the creators look upon their work on this season as a learning experience. And that they properly apply the lessons to season 4.
Lesson learn form StrikerS: 2 seasons of 13 Ep is better then 1 Full season of 26 Ep.

They can fill in any gaps with manga.
Old 2007-09-10, 16:15   Link #215
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah if they decided to come back with a shorter and better quality 4th season I wouldn't be as bothered. But they seriously have to learn first from the mistakes made in this season or else we'll be sitting talking about what they could've done.

Was funny how they had Fate rushing for him and then just baseball smacking him out of the game . But really wouldn't have minded her stumbling and accidentally running him through. If they can stab Vita why not this nut?
Old 2007-09-10, 17:11   Link #216
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Firefocht View Post
Well, being a fan of melee combat, I actually prefer how Fate defeats the opposition this time round. No tricks or ambushes, just upfront brutality. After all, she is angry, and would probably prefer to take on the enemy in melee combat rather than wasting her energy on unsatisfying ranged kills.

Besides, Sonic Form is meant to allow Fate to get into physical combat quicker. Using its power to hang back and cast spells would be a waste of its speed.

And about the giant sword....you don't understand the beauty and appeal of a giant sword.
Fate's fight would have been more enjoyable (as well as the insert song) if she didn't suddenly go "level up" x 45 and get the amazing, how did it go, haxx(?) power to defeat Tre and Sette practically instantly.

Jail and Fate's homerun scene was funny, though for me, it was because he was smiling, let her hit him, and flew off without a sound. Oh, and ending with a you're arrested that I've heard so many times now.

Come to think of it, I find thinking about it very amusing. Jail is the "father" and his daughters can "give birth" to him, their "father". A cycle of sorts. Truly amusing, yet I don't know why.
Old 2007-09-10, 17:40   Link #217
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Fabien

Tell me something, have you ever asked around how many people does the some as me? How many people still watch finish a series even though the standard has dropped near the end? Remember, not mid-way, NEAR THE END.
Old 2007-09-10, 17:45   Link #218
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I still believe moving up the episode count to 26 was a good decision on its own, since, on a theorical basis, it allows the story to stretch and explain itself a little more. I wouldn't be bothered (at least not initially) if they just decided to make a 36 episodes 4 season. By then, I hope they had already learned of their mistakes with the direction of the 3rd series .
Old 2007-09-10, 18:06   Link #219
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
I still believe moving up the episode count to 26 was a good decision on its own, since, on a theorical basis, it allows the story to stretch and explain itself a little more. I wouldn't be bothered (at least not initially) if they just decided to make a 36 episodes 4 season. By then, I hope they had already learned of their mistakes with the direction of the 3rd series .
Agreed. As long as half of it isn't training, having 26+ episodes won't hurt... much. More plot/development, less moe/fanservice/bad plot.
Old 2007-09-10, 18:36   Link #220
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
Their mistake was strenching in the first place.

I would rather they compress two 13 episodes story into one 26 episodes series than strench one 13 episodes story to 26 episodes.
Closed Thread