AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-09-01, 04:44   Link #2321
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Hayate turning out to be family to Nagi

Errr....? That would make him happy. He'd want to stay even more then.

Return of someone else turning out to be more important to Nagi (e.g. Himegami)

Possible. But from what I read they were always quarreling and such (might not be a bad thing. perhaps something that you do with a person you like)... Unknown..

Or simply Nagi growing up and realizing that he really likes someone else, giving her blessing and releasing him.

Impossible. She's 13.

And finally, Hayate ending with someone else and still caring for Nagi as butler.

This would suck imho, but my opinion is irrelevant. It's a possibility, but how exactly would they pull it off? Elaborate~
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 05:37   Link #2322
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

When things like Hayate and a girlfriend comes around, what I usually think is just basically,

Hayate + 156million yen debt + Hayate's code of honor + any girl = ... cookies?

Whichever would happen, Hayate will ask forgiveness from Athena then go back to Nagi, back to normal (or abnormal, whatever suits HnG).
Old 2009-09-01, 05:41   Link #2323
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

I wouldn't count those ideas out just yet.

If Hayate was related to Nagi then it completely rules out romantic involvement. He may stay nearby to be there when there's trouble but he wouldn't be in debt and likely wouldn't have to be a butler if he was a member of such a rich family. He could probably have a family of his own and just stay close by to be there for all the important events in her life.

I doubt that Himegami or anyone more important than Hayate will show up. It isn't impossible but I think it would cause way too many problems to seem likely.

Nagi's entire story is about growing up (she is 13 after all, it's kinda bound to happen sooner or later). She's going to get more mature as the story unfolds and has already made progress with a part-time job, interacting with others, and all the things that Hayate has encouraged to help her confidence. I see that as being a key component of her friendship with Ayumu, the Hamster is so immature that even Nagi can call her on it and manage to act like the big sister to her (this also being because Nagi is so smart). Eventually she will mature enough to know that Maria and Hayate need lives outside of taking care of her and at least let them find love somewhere.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 06:16   Link #2324
Rah

If Hayate was related to Nagi then it completely rules out romantic involvement. He may stay nearby to be there when there's trouble but he wouldn't be in debt and likely wouldn't have to be a butler if he was a member of such a rich family. He could probably have a family of his own and just stay close by to be there for all the important events in her life.

Romantic involvement is irrelevant. He who was forsaken by his family, and she without one (and with a conspiring grandfather) would make a nice match. He wouldn't leave her for some half arsed 16 year old's love.

I doubt that Himegami or anyone more important than Hayate will show up. It isn't impossible but I think it would cause way too many problems to seem likely.

Can't discuss this. We don't have enough information on him, or any 'extra' unknowns. Though we can't rule out the possibility of it happening.

Nagi's entire story is about growing up (she is 13 after all, it's kinda bound to happen sooner or later). She's going to get more mature as the story unfolds and has already made progress with a part-time job, interacting with others, and all the things that Hayate has encouraged to help her confidence. I see that as being a key component of her friendship with Ayumu, the Hamster is so immature that even Nagi can call her on it and manage to act like the big sister to her (this also being because Nagi is so smart). Eventually she will mature enough to know that Maria and Hayate need lives outside of taking care of her and at least let them find love somewhere.

No.

Growing up that much is not something that just happens. It takes years.
A time skip is a possible scenario..

My view on things:

Hayate is related / unrelated, but treated like family - Possible (could get involved in a relationship with someone this way)
Hayate remains a butler without any special treatment / love interest - Doubt it for many reasons
Hayate becomes romantically involved with Nagi - Possible (time skip or some huge trigger required)
Hayate dies - Impossible (wouldn't be a conclusive ending), though I'd love to see that. Nagi crying over his corpse.. hehehe
Hayate is replaced - .......... ............................................. Uh.. well, it's certainly possible, but the whole thing is about those two (at least in the beginning it was). Not sure how I'd feel if it were to happen.. heh

*sigh*

Well, we don't know much about Hayate's brother, but is there a chance of him being Nagi's father? (I mentioned this a while ago)

Can't exclude them being related & then him going with someone else.
Old 2009-09-01, 10:34   Link #2325
primuler
Love For 3D

I'll start translating Hata's web manga whenever I have some free time.

Spoiler for Chapter 1:

Spoiler for Chapter 2:

Spoiler for Chapter 3:

Spoiler for Chapter 4:

And something else interesting I found in this week's diary. Hata said please look forward to how the relationship between Hina and Hayate will change by the end of this journey. He said the last week's chapter was the bit he was worried about the most in the beginning of the journey. He thought about drawing Hayate's confession scene in a not very serious way, but he just decided to do it seriously.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 11:15   Link #2326
Rah

Oooohh!! Hata said please look forward to how the relationship between Hina and Hayate will change by the end of this journey.

Err, no, wait... *sigh* *enthusiasm dropped*

Certainly that confirms that she's going out of the confessing stage, but whats she gonna end up becomin'?

1) Ayumu #2 - Similar relationship with Ayumu (lots of awkward moments and such. don't see how this is progress)
2) Love adviser - That doesn't change much since she gives him advice already on a regular basis
3) Rejected - Depression mode engaged, expect lots of drama and wrist cutting.
4) Accepted - WHUT!? Kay, f* Athena - come give daddy a lil shuga! (yeaaahh this ain't happenin' for so many reasons...)
5) They all die - HAhahAhahahaha
6) Friends - After confessing or not, she gives up on him. They remain good firneds. (sure hope not)
7) Harem - Manga slowly changes to a harem (no need for explainin')

Someone help me out with ideas! Whats the most probable outcome here? I think 2) is the most logical choice for her, if she still wants to compete. She can give him bad advice to break them up, but in doing so would make Hayate depressed, and she probably doesn't want to see him like that. So... that ain't happenin'. *sigh*

I guess this so called 'relationship change' isn't going to be a big deal.

How boring...
Old 2009-09-01, 11:40   Link #2327
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

oh my....well its safe to say that for now this "relationship change" wont be about getting together. Its impossible at this point....and he makes it sound like this will be some kind of permanent change. Makes me wonder if she really will step aside and become Hayate's guiding light, but even though it wouldnt be like her to do it I can see it happening since she has already done such things for Ayumu, and im sure Hinaiku knows things about Athena even Hayate doesnt
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 11:41   Link #2328
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Someone help me out with ideas! Whats the most probable outcome here? I think 2) is the most logical choice for her, if she still wants to compete. She can give him bad advice to break them up, but in doing so would make Hayate depressed, and she probably doesn't want to see him like that. So... that ain't happenin'. *sigh*

I guess this so called 'relationship change' isn't going to be a big deal.

How boring...
She might propose to go together with Hayate to see Athena to finally settle this once and for all and to be clear on which position she's holding. They're both acquainted with Athena and Hina might use this as excuse to recover her broken friendship with her and Athena's relation with Hayate.

Well, she's the kind of person who would try to help Hayate out in stuff like this.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 12:54   Link #2329
Mentar
Banned

First of all, thanks a bunch for all the translations, primuler. You rock ^_^b

Quote:
And something else interesting I found in this week's diary. Hata said please look forward to how the relationship between Hina and Hayate will change by the end of this journey. He said the last week's chapter was the bit he was worried about the most in the beginning of the journey. He thought about drawing Hayate's confession scene in a not very serious way, but he just decided to do it seriously.
Oh YES! Maximum anticipation restored! This is exactly what I was looking forward to.

Why?

It clearly indicates that the relationship between Hina and Hayate (which in fact is the main reason for me to follow this show) will still matter a great deal. This pretty much precludes some of my worst fears (just having Hina fade into the background again inconclusively). As long as their relationship will significantly develop (be it in a positive or negative way), I'm a happy camper.

Well, I still have my little dream that Hina's competition drive will propel her to throw down the gauntlet and at least tell Hayate the truth about her feelings. If this happens, things are back on track for me, even if it might turn out negatively ^_^

*does a little dance*
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 13:58   Link #2330
Shiki Nanaya

What's wrong with the current developments?

I dont really understand why people are pissed off at the current developments. I mean before you guys flame and bash me, dont you guys think that these kinds of developments are necessary for a good story? I mean come on! without these serious developments, the story is going to get really repetitive and tiring sooner or later. What I meant is that, all through out the manga, all we ever saw was Hayate's relationships with the girls developing based on misunderstandings. I mean not that it was a bad thing, it was actually quite a good thing for us, since it was quite hilarious. However, if the author keeps using misunderstandings as a plot driver, then sooner or later the fans will want the story to progress or develop, I mean isn't it the same with School Rumble?

We wanted the story to progress, but just as it was getting good (when Harima wanting to "pretend" to be Eri's fiance and he was living together with Yakumo) the manga ended abruptly and a stupid way. I don't want that! I dont want the good developments left in the end and after getting us excited, yet they ended it like that! At the very least this doesnt apply to Hayate No Gotoku. After all, these serious developments are like the climax for the story.

After all, without Athena and without Hayate realizing that he loves her (whether or not that applies only in the past alone or still applies in the present), then the story wouldn't be going anywhere now, would it? I mean all of us were satisfied about how Hayate's relationship with the girls progresses based on misunderstandings, but if it kept going like that and we don't see Hayate ever look at any of the girls in a romantic setting, then wouldn't that eventually get tiring? Also looking at how the girls (specifically Ayumu and Hina) are developing, we still dont see them take any definite action to Hayate. I mean they all go off in their own and imagine that the guy couldn't possibly love anyone else and couldnt possibly have a girlfriend (I mean they were shocked when Hayate said he had before, but I'm guessing they dismissed this after hearing that it all happened in kindergarten).

Don't get me wrong though, as much as I love that the story is finally getting serious and is going forward, I was quite surprised that Hayate revealed this just as Hina was about to confessed. A really bad timing IMO. Nonetheless, I believed that it would be best this way, heck I would want Hayate to go admit this to the entire girls. So that they would all be shocked and finally understand the guy! Nagi = still thinks Hayate is in love with her, Maria = a crush with Hayate?, Ayumu = still satisfied with just being with Hayate, Hina = still hesitating on her feelings, Izumi = still fooling around and not being serious. After the current development, despite the shocking revelation for Hina, instead of being pissed off, I am more curious to see how Hina would react to this, and how the other girls would think of Hayate and Athena, as well as what they would do about it. I honestly hoped that after this development, that the girls would mature and stop misunderstanding things, although it's still fine if there are still misunderstandings just for the humor.
Shiki Nanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 14:18   Link #2331
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiki Nanaya View Post
I dont really understand why people are pissed off at the current developments. I mean before you guys flame and bash me, dont you guys think that these kinds of developments are necessary for a good story? I mean come on! without these serious developments, the story is going to get really repetitive and tiring sooner or later.
What...I havent seen anyone actually angry at this, I think everone likes whats happening right now despite whose ship you are currently on. (if you are in any to begin with).

Its fun speculating what could happen later, specially after such a big revelation. Hell as much as I disagree with some of Mentar's points i like having someone from the Hina side actually arguing since most of them seem to stay quiet recently lol
Old 2009-09-01, 14:47   Link #2332
Rah

Shiki Nanaya

Don't cut me, bro!

As for me.. I just want exciting things to happen.

Anyway, how about this scenario? Hina is shocked, but composed. She asks him when was he going out with Athena. He answers her 'ooooh about 10 years ago, give or take'...

Hina: LOL
Hayate: *srs face*
Hina: *why am I wasting time with this guy?* *leaves the manga*

... errr, ok.. plan B

Hina: What!? 10 years? And just what are you thinking to do now? How did you meet her anyway?
Hayate: Uh, well, it was by accident, but..
Hina: You mean you had no means to contact her these past 10 years, and now that you've meet her again, you say you love her!? Just like that?
Hayate: *silence*
Hina: Well what about Nagi? What about Ayumu? You said that she didn't even remember you! And if she did, did you plan to just abandon everyone and go over by her side!?
Hina: *lashes out* HOW CAN YOU BE SO INCONSIDERATE OF THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU! WHAT ABOUT MY FEELINGS THEN!? *teary eyes*
Hayate: *shocked* W-what?!
Hina: *venting* THAT'S RIGHT! I WAS WORRIED SICK ABOUT YOU ALL THIS TIME, WHEN I SAW YOU SO DEPRESSED!! I THOUGHT I WAS AT FAULT FOR SOME REASON, AND BESIDES ALL THAT, IT TOOK ME ALL THIS TIME TO GATHER ENOUGH COURAGE JUST TO TELL YOU HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU!
Hayate: !! Hin- *cut off*
Hina: *now in tears* H-how could you!? *sniff* A-and I thought that *hic* it would cheer you up to hear that I loved you.. it's wasn't easy for me to tell you how I feel.. ever since *sob* that time for my birthday.. ... I.. I... uuu... you BAKA! *runs off*
Hayate: *takes out revolver* Ah... time to play Russian roulette ... with myself...

Haha, well idk...

She's probably going to remain calm and composed, though I'd love to see a similar scenario. Ahhh.. the overflowing emotions. Alas, each chapter is but only 15 pages... *sigh*

Still.. it could sort of fit in.. I guess.
Old 2009-09-01, 14:54   Link #2333
Used Can

It'd be awesome if Hina goes Yandere.

Here's my scenario:

After being told by Hayate he loves someone else, Hina realises that's she's been too passive. She needs to become stronger. Not only has she been weak when it comes to Hayate, but she's been too nice with her rivals. Hina decides she's got to change. She'll no longer show doubts in front of Hayate, and, at the same time, the nice Hina she's been showing to the other girls needs to become a bit more competitive.

So, in order to do this, she takes a trip to some unknown place which is far, far away - well, it's in the same country, because she's underage. She remembered that, by the time she was living with Yukiji like nomads, they met this old family which came down from a line of assassins. However, they weren't your common Japanese assassin family, because this family descended from Vikings. Naturally, most of them had already gone to Valhalla; so, only few of them remained. Hina decided to train with them in order to become stronger, and to... deal better with the competition.

Needless to say, Hata will write a different manga for this. It'll be called Hinland Saga. During this story, Hina, in order to become stronger, will train with the great master Askullad (what we don't know, is that he's related to the skull that showed up in Royal Garden - but that's another story), and she'll be introduced into the ways of the Vikings. Throughout the story, Hina will realise she's actually a Viking, and that her real parents were not the ones who abandoned her, but they were part of this family. They died after fighting bravely against Jötunn. Sadly, this was an unexpected battle; so, they were carrying Hina with them. After this battle, Hina was found by Yukiji's parents, and thinking it'd be profitable to have another slave child, they took her in. Anyway, Hina's real father was Thurs the Thrall son of Hulothus, and ruler of the green land of Hulothar in Nibelundor. By the end of this journey, Hina was known as Xina, the warrior princess.

So, now Xina (previously known as Hinagiku), returns to the city where Hayate and Co. live in, with one objective in mind, ruthless conquest.
Old 2009-09-01, 15:08   Link #2334
Rah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post

Here's my scenario:

After being told by Hayate he loves someone else, Hina realises that's she's been too passive. She needs to become stronger. Not only has she been weak when it comes to Hayate, but she's been too nice with her rivals. Hina decides she's got to change. She'll no longer show doubts in front of Hayate, and, at the same time, the nice Hina she's been showing to the other girls needs to become a bit more competitive.

So, in order to do this, she takes a trip to some unknown place which is far, far away - well, it's in the same country, because she's underage. She remembered that, by the time she was living with Yukiji like nomads, they met this old family which came down from a line of assassins. However, they weren't your common Japanese assassin family, because this family descended from Vikings. Naturally, most of them had already gone to Valhalla; so, only few of them remained. Hina decided to train with them in order to become stronger, and to... deal better with the competition.

Needless to say, Hata will write a different manga for this. It'll be called Hinland Saga. During this story, Hina, in order to become stronger, will train with the great master Askullad (what we don't know, is that he's related to the skull that showed up in Royal Garden - but that's another story), and she'll be introduced into the ways of the Vikings. Throughout the story, Hina will realise she's actually a Viking, and that her real parents were not the ones who abandoned her, but they were part of this family. They died after fighting bravely against Jötunn. Sadly, this was an unexpected battle; so, they were carrying Hina with them. After this battle, Hina was found by Yukiji's parents, and thinking it'd be profitable to have another slave child, they took her in. Anyway, Hina's real father was Thurs the Thrall son of Hulothus, and ruler of the green land of Hulothar in Nibelundor. By the end of this journey, Hina was known as Xina, the warrior princess.

So, now Xina (previously known as Hinagiku), returns to the city where Hayate and Co. live in, with one objective in mind, ruthless conquest.

Ok, but seriously, what have you done? More importantly what are you ON? That's some crazy story! Wheres part 2, and 3, and the remakes?

When does she return? Does she cut off Hayate's jewels? xD

I DEMAND MORE!!!!
Old 2009-09-01, 16:13   Link #2335
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

lmao @ used can holy shit fund it
Old 2009-09-01, 16:22   Link #2336
Mentar
Banned

Harrrr... okay, after finally getting to read c239 in full form...

Combining this with Hata's announcement that we should look forward to the change in the relationship between Hina and Hayate, I think it's likely that she WILL finally manage to confess, in a way that even Hayate gets it. Even in 239 she was literally forcing the truth out of herself, before she ran into Hayate's final line.

So, before the end of the arc, and possibly (preferably) already in 240, she'll do the deed, in a way that even thickheaded Hayate gets it. I can picture Hina fighting against the shock in 240, possibly tearing up a bit, causing Hayate to freak and asking Hina why she's crying. Eventually, she'll unload, in a serious way. This could also explain why Hata went for a serious delivery - had he turned the Athena revelation into something comedic, any serious followup from Hina would have felt misplaced.

Before all this started, I wrote that I wouldn't expect any confession to be accepted, but I was hoping that Hayate would at least realize what's up, so that he would have to deal with the idea. Maybe we can still get there. Because as harsh as the Athena revelation is, it allows for a Hina confession WITHOUT forcing a rejection or an end run.

So I'm nervously and eagerly awaiting 240...
Old 2009-09-01, 16:23   Link #2337
IndoViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post

Here's my scenario:

Wow, good story man . I wonder what'll happen to Hayate in that "ruthless conquest"
Old 2009-09-01, 17:00   Link #2338
Rah

Ahhh, if she does confess, just how many chapters will it take for Nagi & co. to hear the news? Poor Miki... hehe. I can't wait to see them speechless with shocked expressions (especially Maria & Nagi who thought that it was impossible for Hina to fall in love with him), AND THEN they find out that he plain out rejected her, or put her on hold for ANOTHER girl! Oh wow... gimme gimme gimme! Draw em' faster! *sigh* How I wish this was a completed manga with 400-600 chapters. I'd love marathoning it, but then all this anticipation and speculation for the next chapters wouldn't even exist.. heheh..
Old 2009-09-01, 21:07   Link #2339
Used Can

What I'm interested the most in is, upon hearing Athena's name, what will Maria's reaction be? Certainly, the silly trio may be surprised, but Maria seems to have had a connection with her. Will she have something to reveal to them and us? I'm wondering about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoViking View Post
Wow, good story man . I wonder what'll happen to Hayate in that "ruthless conquest"
Well, sadly for Xina (actually, for everyone else), Hayate had long accepted his homosexuality. Unable to accept this outcome, Xina decided to go down the path of mayhem. No one was spared. After that, she decided to go to England, but once she realised there was no trace of any anglo-saxon or their traditions (although they were the opposition, she held respect for them), and that the English culture had become nothing but one more of the decaying modern cultures she decided to start a grand campaign in order to set the Viking way in England. Obviously, this was unknown to your commoner, and, due to her grandioseness many thought this was the much awaited return of the king. She gathered many followers and conquered England.

Not so much later, she started moving south through mainland Europe, and after spending some time in Rome, she realised she also had some connection with Julius Caesar. And thus, she started an even greater campaign now throughout Europe. Once her empire was settled, she set her capital city in Berlin, and she was then known as Xina von Musel (she always liked Germanic surnames). It is known that, some time later, in order to far surpass Alexander the Great, she set off to conquer all of Asia (and a big part of Africa). But after that was done, she disappeared. No one knew her whereabouts, and that's another story.
Old 2009-09-02, 01:00   Link #2340
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Ahhh, if she does confess, just how many chapters will it take for Nagi & co. to hear the news? Poor Miki... hehe. I can't wait to see them speechless with shocked expressions (especially Maria & Nagi who thought that it was impossible for Hina to fall in love with him), AND THEN they find out that he plain out rejected her, or put her on hold for ANOTHER girl!
I have my doubts that he would "flat-out reject" her. In fact, I'd consider this very unlikely. He'd be shellshocked too and at a loss for words again

Tags
comedy, shounen