AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-09, 08:13   Link #281
raeryne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Langrisser View Post
Normally it'll be the continuation of the movie, with, if we can trust Shoji "Trolling Emperor" Kawamori, will finally tell who won whon Alto at the end.
Thanks!I hope they do conclude nicely...
raeryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 07:58   Link #282
raeryne

In the movie, does Sheryl still have her earrings? Both of them?

(I don't know, it just crossed my mind.)
Old 2010-01-11, 09:35   Link #283
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
that would be grace (although at first glance i was gonna say alto but thank god i didn't)
It kind of makes sense her "real" VR self image should look nothing like her cyborg cover identity. After all, there are survivors of the previous incident on Frontier, and one of them might recognize her. It still doesn't explain why she didn't bother to go by a an alias on a covert mission, though, allowing Ozma to look her up on the Galaxynet in the series.
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 11:35   Link #284
Amalia

Send a message via MSN to Amalia
Ok so I think that the first movie will be a re-telling of the story that we saw in the anime and the second movie will be a continuation.

After having a macross marathon and having watched the entire series in 2 days( yeah I was really that into Alto-hime *fan girl mode on*) I think that the biggest thing in the story is how each character interacts with one another and the love triangle between Sheryl/Alto/Ranka...

Although I am a huge Sheryl/Alto fan!!! (yaaay)...Anyway I think that I read somewhere that the first movie will show us to whom Alto is more into. And personally I think that the person is Sheryl. He definitely has feelings for Ranka but that would be more like "I have to protect my little sister..." Or something like that. Throughout the entire series Ranka didn't give me that spark when she was with Alto only the that I was "can ypu stop clinging on hiom for just A single minute?" Although when I saw him with Sheryl I was seeing that chemistry between them, the passion... And I think that they have some things in common. Alto realized the passion for performing through the eyes of Sheryl.
Ranka did give him the hope to fly and the reason (yeah, yeah, protecting her) but Sheryl gave him the strength and the determination...After all he DID do a performance while piloting...Space and sky were his stage.
I don't know I think that the first movie that is going to come out will show that connection between Alto and Sheryl! I mean, I realy would like to see that and I also would love to see the ending of this triangle in the second movie...

So do we have any spoilers for the movie...Has anyone seen it or knows when we are going to???
Old 2010-01-29, 11:45   Link #285
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

There's lots of spoilers in this very thread. Maybe you could try reading through it first?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 11:57   Link #286
Amalia

Ok I think I should continue reading , I'm like in page 3...
Old 2010-01-29, 12:17   Link #287
KaoruLia

Yay, new MF fans! Hi Amalia I also got into MF because of Alto's prettiness (forgive me for being so shallow) XD

/fangirl

And I hope this isn't a spoiler, even though you're reading this thread -- most of us haven't seen the first movie but according to the japanese viewers, it seems that the love triangle between Ranka/Alto/Sheryl was balanced out pretty fairly. The second movie will probably conclude the triangle.
KaoruLia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 12:34   Link #288
Amalia

Hi KaoruLia!!!! After having read all 15 pages I have to say this. The creator did not resolve the triangle and it may have been treated fairly but then again, I see the spark between Alto/Sheryl... I don't know I just get this feeling.

And I hope that in the second movie I'll see those two together!!!!!
Old 2010-02-01, 05:50   Link #289
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Okinawa has a date!! April 17! But it seems like there are still a few places that haven't set release dates yet...

Also, not sure if this should go here, but the guest for the 99th and 100th radio shows will be the director, Kawamori-san, for a "Director Kawamori, 100 questions 100 answers" special!

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 05:56   Link #290
KaoruLia

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Okinawa has a date!! April 17! But it seems like there are still a few places that haven't set release dates yet...

Also, not sure if this should go here, but the guest for the 99th and 100th radio shows will be the director, Kawamori-san, for a "Director Kawamori, 100 questions 100 answers" special!
Sounds good Hopefully we get more info on the upcoming movie.

And has anyone scanned the contents of the MF Fact File booklet in the February NT magazine? I heard it has 36pages, and a readers poll results for the 'best scene in the movie'...
Old 2010-02-01, 07:11   Link #291
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruLia View Post
Sounds good Hopefully we get more info on the upcoming movie.

And has anyone scanned the contents of the MF Fact File booklet in the February NT magazine? I heard it has 36pages, and a readers poll results for the 'best scene in the movie'...
The radio shows will be broadcast later this month (Feb 19th and 26th). I'm sure any interesting information will find it's way onto the forum.

Can't find scans...but I just ordered a copy... orz

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-02-01, 10:38   Link #292
darkplataform

Spoiler for 'best 10 scenes in movie':
darkplataform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 11:26   Link #293
Amalia

I think that number 1 is indeed the best...LOL Sheryl, and then you think that Alto can't fall for her...
Old 2010-02-01, 20:03   Link #294
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

I am not surprised Sheryl's concert is number 1, it is simply to godly for it not to be. *u*
Old 2010-02-02, 16:56   Link #295
raeryne

it seems like there are a LOT of Ranka/Alto scenes in the movie...
Old 2010-02-02, 19:06   Link #296
LC
Shocking Pink

^According to the summary, Alto/Sheryl has more screentime. I think the reason the Ranka/Alto scene is higher than the Alto/Sheryl is the Alto/Sheryl fans had more scenes to choose from so the votes were split. The main Alto/Ranka scene is #5(Btw, am I the only one who thinks it's funny how Alto's hands are positioned?? XD)

Last edit: If it had focused on Alto/Ranka, it would have been promoted more in the trailers/artwork. Plus, it would have more fanart. So, there's no need to be worried. They have to make it a love triangle for the premise to work.
Old 2010-02-02, 21:39   Link #297
KaoruLia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Haze View Post
(Btw, am I the only one who thinks it's funny how Alto's hands are positioned?? XD)
LOL! Me too. I wonder what was Alto talking about in this scene...

Last edited by KaoruLia; 2010-02-02 at 23:41.
Old 2010-02-03, 04:54   Link #298
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:

LOL

"!!..er...no...of course not!!" (thinking: not yet, anyway...)

If you want to know what he really said, I'd needed a reminder, but thankfully it's written on the page.
Spoiler for text:

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-02-03, 05:14   Link #299
KaoruLia

Quote:
If you want to know what he really said, I'd needed a reminder, but thankfully it's written on the page.
Spoiler for text:
Thanks! I'm assuming he's talking about why he left Kabuki, right? It's interesting to hear Alto's thoughts out loud, because we didn't have the chance to know much about him in the TV series.
Old 2010-02-03, 07:29   Link #300
raeryne

Quote:

hahaha, that made me laugh so hard!!!so un-Alto like!!! really weird hand position, too!

Quote:
LOL

"!!..er...no...of course not!!" (thinking: not yet, anyway...)

Spoiler for text:
Alto really seems to hate his kabuki past, doesn't he?But I think he loves performing...he's a performer at heart, I guess...

Quote:
Thanks! I'm assuming he's talking about why he left Kabuki, right? It's interesting to hear Alto's thoughts out loud, because we didn't have the chance to know much about him in the TV series.
Hearing Alto's thoughts is a refreshing thing, isn't it?Although I'd rather hear his thoughts about something (ehem, someone) instead...