AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-10-05, 20:34   Link #4321
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Well, to be honest, I've always wondered about Zen's fascination with Medaka. Back when they were kids, they seemed to be friends and nothing more. Then in middle school we know they weren't particularly close. They didn't become close again until high-school, though Zen's interest in Medaka seems to have started after the Kumagawa incident.
Huh, from the start of the manga his interest has always been Medaka and nothing else. Also no matter what she did or said he never swayed, so why now? Is he becoming some kind of devil's advocate so to speak for her sake or vice versa...?
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 20:46   Link #4322
Used Can

Yes, but the manga takes place in high-school - in which, as I've already stated, they became close again and Zen had already developed his fascination on Medaka.
Old 2011-10-05, 22:54   Link #4323
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

After reading it translated fully no wonder she hit him on the head like that. He seriously tried to say Kumagawa must have sabotaged him and that the whole thing was rigged rather than just not being able to solve it on his own. Even I'm disappointed after hearing that.

Moving on, great end to a great arc and the following chapters are keeping up the pace. Bravo Nisio bravo.
Old 2011-10-06, 00:40   Link #4324
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Given 114 and Akune's comment on how well-suited Medaka was in the antagonist role during the MedaTrial... it puts Ajimu's offer in a different light, along with chapter 117's ending.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 02:36   Link #4325
summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejuvenation View Post
After reading it translated fully no wonder she hit him on the head like that. He seriously tried to say Kumagawa must have sabotaged him and that the whole thing was rigged rather than just not being able to solve it on his own. Even I'm disappointed after hearing that.

Moving on, great end to a great arc and the following chapters are keeping up the pace. Bravo Nisio bravo.
Same here, Im rethinking a lot of what I said before. I understand him wanting to try till the end, and thinking Kumagawa sabotaged him is a possibility since his a minus, but since he was upset it wasn't true. Still, I would be upset too since like said before, Zen had no chance of beating those trails, and even if the test is team based, how would he contribute to any of those tests? Not once did anybody say "if we had Zen we could...".

I know many hate medaka, but I feel sorry for her, she is really is bad with friends. Her response sucked. Punching him, and being disappointed doesn't help him, or herself.

Spoiler for spoil:
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 04:03   Link #4326
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
Also does anyone really think Zen can do use Najima
Ajimu is going to play him for a fool when this arc is all said and done. Hopefully based Kumagawa can save the day.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 04:09   Link #4327
Soji

I admit I was disappointed that Zen has tried to blame Kumagawa ... but Zen reaction is completely normal as was upset like that.
Plus is not tlike that Kumagawa did not give reasons to think so, but with what we know about past Kumagawa Zen thinking like this is normal for this time when it's upset.
however ,I'am sure Zen not think what he just said is just something you say in a moment of anger, but you do not really think.
What I really dont like and I can not understand is the Medaka reaction is like if she literally has thrown 13 years of their live out the window .I admit Zen was wrong at the moment, but her reaction is the most wrong .
I meant instead of solving the problem she do that .
seems like that she compare Zen to something less valuble than trash.
Anyway I find it interesting Naze words is like she suggest that the issue would emerge sooner or later (Adan you were right here XD)
Spoiler for spoiler:

Westlo@I do not think this will happen Zen seems to be fairly on guard around Najim.
So I doubt will like that (Play like a fool like you said.)
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 04:40   Link #4328
Used Can

Whilst Zen's reaction was definitely not correct, I think it's completely understandable. He's bent on not relying on his Parasite Eyes in order to prove his motto of hard work, and thus his frustration when he's simply unable to solve the puzzle. It's a matter of pride to him, and Medaka telling him to give up didn't help. Zen shouldn't have blamed Kumagawa, but give his frustration and his existing dislike for a guy who's an unrepentant murderer, I think that's yet another thing in which it is rather easy to empathise with him.

Medaka's reaction was complete uncalled for, though. It simply shows she has simply no empathy for Zen. Furthermore, the saddest part is that they all had forgotten about him. If that guy hadn't mentioned him, they all probably would have done something else. So, not only Medaka had forgot about him but then proceeded to hit and berate him after he bitched a bit. What's funny is that she had dealt with behaviour like this from other people and had no problems, but now that Zen loses it a bit once, she treats him like shit. I can understand her expecting something else from him, but then once again goes to show she probably then simply understand Zen - which is understandable since she's perfect and he isn't.
Old 2011-10-06, 05:18   Link #4329
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Whilst Zen's reaction was definitely not correct, I think it's completely understandable. He's bent on not relying on his Parasite Eyes in order to prove his motto of hard work, and thus his frustration when he's simply unable to solve the puzzle. It's a matter of pride to him, and Medaka telling him to give up didn't help. Zen shouldn't have blamed Kumagawa, but give his frustration and his existing dislike for a guy who's an unrepentant murderer, I think that's yet another thing in which it is rather easy to empathise with him.

Medaka's reaction was complete uncalled for, though. It simply shows she has simply no empathy for Zen. Furthermore, the saddest part is that they all had forgotten about him. If that guy hadn't mentioned him, they all probably would have done something else. So, not only Medaka had forgot about him but then proceeded to hit and berate him after he bitched a bit. What's funny is that she had dealt with behaviour like this from other people and had no problems, but now that Zen loses it a bit once, she treats him like shit. I can understand her expecting something else from him, but then once again goes to show she probably then simply understand Zen - which is understandable since she's perfect and he isn't.
That's why I think Medaka don't really care about people feeling. She's just a godess or something like that. I don't think she's areally different from Ajimu. I'm sure if Zen use his parasite eyes, he will see mostly the same thing than with Ajimu.

And when Ajimu is saying than Zen should become the main character and Medaka the antagonist, I think Nisio is really serious about that. For severals chapters, Medaka really looks like an antagonist.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 05:27   Link #4330
Culaio

Quote:
I think she did that in order to take the role of the antagonist and allow Zen to become the MC.
Even if it is true I still think that it's weird because before she accepted him as he is, but now it's like she is saying that he is NOT good enough for her anymore so she decided to change him to her liking , also if she predicted that he will join the "plan" to become MC then that would make her even worse since she would be as manipulative person as Najimi Ajimu.

ps.sorry for bad english
Culaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 05:30   Link #4331
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culaio View Post
Even if it is true I still think that it's weird because before she accepted him as he is, but now it's like she is saying that he is NOT good enough for her anymore so she decided to change him to her liking , also if she predicted that he will join the "plan" to become MC then that would make her even worse since she would be as manipulative person as Najimi Ajimu.

ps.sorry for bad english
Medaka is not really human. She's something like a godess. She doesn't have the same view on the world that normal people. She doesn't undertand them.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 05:40   Link #4332
Last Carpet

All this really is setting up for Medaka to be the antagonist.

And it looks like she can lose if she's a direct obstacle or isn't in the right. Medaka's bond with Zenkichi is changing, and hopefully breaking.

The only way I see to fix this is if Medaka realized that she was wrong and apologized. But she doesn't care about Zenkichi, I don't think she even realizes that she doesn't care anymore, if she ever cared.

Zen's allies are here to help him, what I hope they do is help him figure out that he doesn't need Medaka, that he never did.

What really surprises me is Maguro, he's choosing to help Zenkichi instead of Medaka?
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 05:44   Link #4333
Soji

You know what I would love to see happen?
Become as strong as them (Najim and medaka) mature as a person but at the same time not lose his gift of being able to make friends with everyone and understand everyone.
Another thing is that I would love for Najimi to be reformed by Zen beacuse they spending time together.
Imagine the irony if the current plan Najimi revolt against her because she it becomes more and more human (in character) because of Zen XD
Mark my words Zen will end up reduce their god like complex
Old 2011-10-06, 06:26   Link #4334
Culaio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
You know what I would love to see happen?
Become as strong as them (Najim and medaka) mature as a person but at the same time not lose his gift of being able to make friends with everyone and understand everyone.
Another thing is that I would love for Najimi to be reformed by Zen beacuse they spending time together.
Imagine the irony if the current plan Najimi revolt against her because she it becomes more and more human (in character) because of Zen XD
Mark my words Zen will end up reduce their god like complex
I hope you are right since it would be "Crowning Moment Of Awesome" , on the other hand if that doesn't happen I will regret reading this manga
Old 2011-10-06, 06:36   Link #4335
Tenchi Hou Take

I get the feeling Zenkichi may gain one of two abilities if he acquires a new one. Either "The Begining" to match Medaka's "The End" or a physical embodiment of the power of friendship the greatest weapon of all Shounen main characters.

The more interesting ability would obviously be the latter. Anyway with Zenkichi's new found status of anti-hero being confirmed, there will obviously be a defining difference between both of their view points. What do you guys expect that defining difference to be. I think the most obvious would the difference that has always separated them from the begining which is that Zenkichi accepts people for who they are and either chooses to makes friends with them or not. Medaka always by nature tries to change people and make them better by her estimations regardless of if they want to change or not.

Zenkichi will on the other hand helps if he feels they are asking for it and leave them be if they're not. The catch is Zenkichi accepts completely to an extreme degree, to the point where if said person were to completely screw him over he wouldn't care as he had already accepted that part of them. Hence why he is the only person possible to make friends with Shiranui.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 07:22   Link #4336
urca

Spoiler for my thoughts after reading your thoughts on 117(lol @ the title):
urca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 07:33   Link #4337
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Ajimu is going to play him for a fool when this arc is all said and done. Hopefully based Kumagawa can save the day.
That's not even really a feat, I mean the guy told her his plans to screw her over before they even made the deal. Anyone with half a brain would have a good chance at figuring out how to trick someone else when said person has already stated their plans.

It would be much more impressive if Zenkichi actually managed pull his plan off while essentially giving himself a handicap to both Medaka and Aijimu.

He essentially just stated this is what I plan to do come at me bro's.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 07:46   Link #4338
Culaio

Quote:
Originally Posted by urca View Post
Spoiler for my thoughts after reading your thoughts on 117(lol @ the title):
why ? I think his actions are "normal", nobody wants to be side character, Only person I am disappointed in is medaka, she said that she doesn't have friends and completely forgotten about zenkichi.
Old 2011-10-06, 07:52   Link #4339
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
That's not even really a feat, I mean the guy told her his plans to screw her over before they even made the deal. Anyone with half a brain would have a good chance at figuring out how to trick someone else when said person has already stated their plans.

It would be much more impressive if Zenkichi actually managed pull his plan off while essentially giving himself a handicap to both Medaka and Aijimu.

He essentially just stated this is what I plan to do come at me bro's.

And that's what I like about Zen when you see how awesome is when he choise to do something by his own free will XD
And the best thing he said that to Najimi when Haten was present and he knew he was alone with these two.
I mean it takes a lot of guts to said something like that before this two let alone Medaka.
And yet he does
Old 2011-10-06, 08:15   Link #4340
urca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culaio View Post
why ? I think his actions are "normal", nobody wants to be side character, Only person I am disappointed in is medaka, she said that she doesn't have friends and completely forgotten about zenkichi.
Spoiler for 117:

Last edited by urca; 2011-10-06 at 08:26.
urca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council