AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-12-30, 16:59   Link #7421
SeagullCrazy
Endless Witch-Doctor

Thank you Witch-Hunt for translating all of Umineko! I may have joined these forums late but I had been following your translations from the very beginning. Like most others have said, Umineko has greatly changed the way I look at life and I couldn't imagine myself being the same person I am without it.

So, thank you again for bringing Umineko to the English-speaking world. These past three or four years of Umineko have been one amazing ride, and I loved it every step of the way! We really do appreciate all your hard work!!!
Old 2011-12-30, 18:39   Link #7422
xBTAx

So I finished reading it last night.

I really want to thank Witch-Hunt (and of course, Ryukishi) for all the hard work they put into this. It's not something I really thought about till now, but Umineko really is something that ended up being very important to me, and I've met a lot of great people through the fandom as well. So... thank you for that.
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 21:11   Link #7423
Golden Bug-Hunter

Thank-you very much Witch-hunt!
Golden Bug-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 21:50   Link #7424
goatkun

Hello, my only intention to register to this forum is to give my deepest thanks to Witch Hunt.
I come from a certain community where, from my point of view we have all enjoyed in some way of your translations, but after finishing Umineko some may not want to accept it.
And well, that's all. So d-don't get any weird idea alright?
goatkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 23:41   Link #7425
yuugi99

Want to ask. Any news about the Umineko booklet 'our confession' ? I need answers and spoilers now!!!!!!
yuugi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 00:43   Link #7426
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuugi99 View Post
Want to ask. Any news about the Umineko booklet 'our confession' ? I need answers and spoilers now!!!!!!
Please try to be more respectful. I know you might've been joking, but this comes off as pretty rude, especially since Witch Hunt just came off of a period of working very hard to release EP8's translation, and has already said that they're probably going to translate it in some form after they take a break.
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 00:55   Link #7427
SonozakiUshiromiya
Reading your tale. :)

I say wait til February 2012. A month to rest and wrap your heads around all the new content(Ougon CROSS, Our Confessions, Nocturne-not to translate Nocturne of, course, but to play it if you wish, anything else I haven't listed) is good and I can and will wait that long and need be if longer. Let the impatient people whine and let it roll off you guys. At long as there's a good line of communication between you and us fans, I'm fine with whatever happens. Good luck to you!
Old 2011-12-31, 01:22   Link #7428
yuugi99

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBTAx View Post
Please try to be more respectful. I know you might've been joking, but this comes off as pretty rude, especially since Witch Hunt just came off of a period of working very hard to release EP8's translation, and has already said that they're probably going to translate it in some form after they take a break.
Sorry, I am not referring to the translation but the actual booklet itself. Doesnt matter if it is english or japanese since I know how to read both languages. Probably posted on the wrong thread. lol
yuugi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 06:22   Link #7429
Drifloon

You can get it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1a2lacd9sa4m06z

I hope someone at least summarises it soon, even if we have to wait for an actual translation. I really want to see what's revealed.
Drifloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 07:11   Link #7430
9thdagger

Fantastic work guys. I can't thank you enough for this translation.

By the way, I was wondering how do I fix the fullscreen issue on mac lion using onscripter yakisoba? (for the question arc) There hasn't been an updated installer released that I just didn't notice right?

Now that the series is finished I want to go back and read the whole thing beginning to end.

Thank you so much again.

-9th
9thdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 17:08   Link #7431
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thdagger View Post
Fantastic work guys. I can't thank you enough for this translation.

By the way, I was wondering how do I fix the fullscreen issue on mac lion using onscripter yakisoba? (for the question arc) There hasn't been an updated installer released that I just didn't notice right?

Now that the series is finished I want to go back and read the whole thing beginning to end.

Thank you so much again.

-9th
Download the latest version of ONScripter-EN, open the DMG, right-click the app icon, Show Package Contents, Contents > MacOS. Inside should be a file called ONScripter.

Go to the Umineko no Naku Koro ni.app, Show Package Contents, Contents > MacOS. Replace the ONScripter file here with the one you downloaded.

This is more-or-less done now, but you will need to create a file called ons.cfg in the same folder that Umineko no Naku Koro ni.app is stored. The file should contain the text:

detect-png-nscmask

It should work fine now. Slightly rushed post, sorry. But I hope it works.
Old 2011-12-31, 17:52   Link #7432
battle22

is it possible to have onscripter on ipad?
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 02:54   Link #7433
Kidies

Hey, I've finished playing Chiru just now, and I want to say thank you for translating this VN. It's been quite a long time since I finished a VN without yawning once (lol).
btw I've some questions:
Spoiler for Ep 8 ED:
Kidies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 03:30   Link #7434
Drifloon

You don't get the Tea Party or the ???? if you get the trick ending first, so magic ending is the 'canon' one.
Drifloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 11:28   Link #7435
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
is it possible to have onscripter on ipad?
Sort of. It's possible on a jailbroken device, so that Umineko can be run. However, a number of features don't work too well.

Maybe in the future it will be easier to play NScripter games on an iOS device, but at the moment, it's not really that straightforward to get everything working properly.
Old 2012-01-01, 12:38   Link #7436
battle22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
Sort of. It's possible on a jailbroken device, so that Umineko can be run. However, a number of features don't work too well.

Maybe in the future it will be easier to play NScripter games on an iOS device, but at the moment, it's not really that straightforward to get everything working properly.
How about android? i have galaxy tab and ipad
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 12:55   Link #7437
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
How about android? i have galaxy tab and ipad
It would be easier on an Android, although I haven't heard of anyone playing Umineko on one. I think there are builds of ONScripter for Android, but of course without the benefits of ONScripter-EN.
Old 2012-01-01, 20:08   Link #7438
D3monicWolv3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3monicWolv3s View Post
For the quizzes I just have a blank white screen, and letter choices. I don't see what the letter choices actually are though...so I'm just randomly clicking ones. Is there a way to fix this?
Still having problems, this time I reached the end of the story but there is no options for me to choose from, just a white screen. .__.;
Old 2012-01-01, 21:44   Link #7439
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

My apologies for the lack of answers recently: as I implied on twitter and my profile, I'm currently having a blast in Japan, and recently came back alive from this comiket.

Anyway, chrono and I managed to get a meeting with Ryukishi07 this 30th december, thanks to a representative from Hobibox.
Truth to be told, it was nothing but huge tension prior talking with him, considering none of us couldn't imagine ourselves in touch with him before, let alone meeting him in person.

We could visit their usual workplace (which you might have seen it in various video interviews), and it was basically the same as ever. We were invited to sit down around the table, and immediately treated with tea and... a huge present bag (I've already put a pic on my twitter account, but in a nutshell: the C81 set + original ougon musou kyoku, a plushie (got beato, chrono got maria), some rubber key chains, a beato protrait clear file, higurashi postcards, Ange's dakimakura from alchemist (), clear posters of the first 2 magic circles, the first 2 tomes of Episode 6 manga and the first one of Episode 7, and even some english Higurashi manga, and finally a tapestry of Bern by Alchemist).
Color me quite startled by this: nowhere in hell we were expecting such warm welcome, and I was a bit embarassed that I could only brought some belgian artisanal chocolates OTZ.

Anyway, we could talk casually even though I and Chrono were frozen solid like statues at the beginning. Ryukishi was a bit curious about our respective japanese knowledge, how the group was made, and the difficulties we had: as we expected, Ryukishi definitely didn't expect the occidental fanbase to be interested by his series, therefore, the Epitaph wasn't made in a way that non japanese readers could decipher it without japanese knowledge.
Following the topic, we also explained how Higurashi was a foothold and cornerstone for 07th Expansion popularity in the english speaking community, which again surprised him, although the whole team couldn't help but let out a guffaw when we explained that the main appeal of the anime were..."killer lolis / violence / blood".
By the way, 07th Expansion weren't the ones who decided the use of French for Ougon Musou Kyoku, but the team who were responsible of the game design, as it "sounded cool". In fact they didn't really get what I was talking about until "blitz" screen was mentioned, and they were laughing hard when I explained few awkward "flench" (such like "le cri du chat de la mer" )

We also managed to get few interesting tidbits from Ryukishi: such like his job before he started writing Higurashi. He also confirmed few things and explained others: as expected, the whole Ange, Kyrie and Assumu naming sense were from Ragnarok Online, which he admitted that he played it quite a bit.
However, the EVA ANGE LION was purely a coincidence: he was thinking hard for genderless foreign name, and for some reason, only Lion could ring well for him, although he knew that the name would rather considered as "male" due to the animal. It is only afterwards he read on some bulletin board about this pun and couldn't help but be embarassed due to this coincidence.

He also talked a bit about his future plans, and as he already mentioned, Higanbana was only a little break for him, therefore, the second part of Higanbana will be the last one for now, and he will make another series for this summer comiket. However, we can't give any more details, as it has to be kept secret. Fortunately, you probably will have more news in the future, sooner or later.

The meeting roughly lasted 1-2 hours, but it was really great: it was quite a friendly chat and we were exchanging our impressions so far, etc. I may missed few details but it is very likely chrono can supplement few points I didn't mention.

Finally, Ryukishi wanted to sign something for us. That said, I went overboard and came with the jackets of all of my 7th expansion VN games (which means Higu, Higu Kai, Umi, Umi Chiru), but gave it a rest, since I think it was a tad greedy either way (Ryukishi was quite startled to see me with all of the game covers )
In the end, he signed on our Bern tapestry, and it seems we were the first one for this.

Before leaving, an idea surged immediately in my mind, considering that opportunity and asked if we could take a picture of him. Obvious result:

Chronotrig, Ryukishi07, and me
(don't mind my hair: going to the comiket before meeting him took a huge toll on me )

Frankly, it was something I would call a miracle of Bern caliber, even though we were in touch with him before. Past that, there were so many things going through my head before, during and after the meeting I can't describe it properly (that's also why I didn't post the very day we met him).

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-01-01 at 21:56.
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 22:11   Link #7440
Kylon99

It sounds like you had fun. 8) Regarding that Beato plushie you got; if you don't play it properly, it can cost you like 5000 yen trying to fish them out of the Akiba UFO catchers! ひぃぃぃ!

By the way, condolences goes to Ryukishi for his hairline... :3
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation