AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-22, 10:07   Link #41
Seiryuu

I'm sure people have posted this before, but every time I see this I wonder how often people move in this neighborhood. Unless he somehow magically grew up overnight, people would recognize Atsushi. In particular, the people he passes on the way to and from school would probably see him a lot and know that he's a kid. And more importantly, it shouldn't take too many times before the police would come running with reports of a child predator, take one look and say, "Oh, it's just Atsushi. Never mind." How many times would Atsushi have to cause a commotion like that before people remember his age?

I also wonder how long it'll take before Sayo finds out that her knight in shining armor is eleven years old. I'd love to see the look on her face when she finds out that bit of news.

Finally, I think it's cool that Atsumi's managed to be so popular when she's the only girl in school who doesn't have a bra and has never eaten oseki-han.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 13:00   Link #42
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

As much as I want to like this show, it's not really doing much for me right now. I liked the first episode, but from episode 2 on, it's been gradually going downhill. It could be because it's far too short to make an impact (especially since you not only have an ED, but also a 10-second intro to deal with).

Still, since it's only 3 minutes, I won't be wasting too much time on it, so I'll sit it out and hope it gets better.
Old 2012-01-25, 21:57   Link #43
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ok - ep 4 was an improvement over ep 3 imo. Pretty funny. Even with the re-used joke.

I like the new character introduced.

Last edited by Flower; 2012-01-25 at 22:17. Reason: Gah! Thanks Forbin :)
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 22:16   Link #44
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Ok - ep 4 was an improvement over ep 4 imo. Pretty funny. Even with the re-used joke.

I like the new character introduced.
Eps 4 was better than Eps 4?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 22:18   Link #45
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Eps 4 was better than Eps 4?
Oops. Thanks for pointing that out - I fail at the internets again!

Corrected now....
Old 2012-01-26, 07:51   Link #46
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

What on Earth!? XD I'm sure if I saw a girl willingly holding an older mans hands without struggling or anything, I would assume that they would be father and daughter. Characters overreact way to much in this anime XD

Gotta feel sorry for Atsushi, having the teacher run away from him twice and then get accused as a kidnapper He couldn't protect the girl he liked! Curse you random adults on the street!

That teacher was cute and funny though

It's ashame this is only 3 minutes long. It doesn't give you much to talk about so this thread isn't visited very often by a lot of people. Only a few people comment
Old 2012-01-26, 11:07   Link #47
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
What on Earth!? XD I'm sure if I saw a girl willingly holding an older mans hands without struggling or anything, I would assume that they would be father and daughter. Characters overreact way to much in this anime XD(
Not the way how he looked when looking out for "scary people".

Every episode i'm pretty much counting the 3 mins.
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 11:50   Link #48
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

WOW!! I thought Cassie Lockhart of Freezing was a one off, never repeated thing, considering how Hidan No Aria followed suit straight after....

But it seems that Kugimiya Rie REALLY wants to graduate onto playing the sweet, gentle and kind big-sister character.

And her heartwarmingly mature performance as Atsumi shows that she is very good at this kind of character.

For crying out loud, proudcers, just let her play the girl she wants to play from now on!!
Old 2012-01-26, 12:39   Link #49
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This is getting an awful lot out of the three-minute format, but the premise really needs to be full-length to work. I think it could pull it off, too.

Someone mentioned it earlier, but wouldn't you think the neighborhood watch people and cops would know about Atsushi by now?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 12:43   Link #50
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Someone mentioned it earlier, but wouldn't you think the neighborhood watch people and cops would know about Atsushi by now?
Assuming that this is Tokyo, there is always the chance someone who only heard of Atsushi would not recognize him. Furthermore, it's not like they have his face memorized, and his longcoat doesn't help matters.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 12:46   Link #51
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I still think a photo in the local police kiosk saying "5th-grader - NOT pedophile" would go a long way. And I'd certainly think the parents would know about him.

I thought about the clothes issue, but presumably, he can't find any age appropriate clothes to wear. And admittedly, he'd look very odd in shorts and a "GO" t-shirt.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 15:30   Link #52
LKK

I feel sorry for Atsushi. Poor, not-so-little boy. Even his teacher can't deal with his size.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 07:01   Link #53
RJ TAYLER

Had a kid like him in my class growing up at school, almost 6 foot in grade five - always sticking out like the proverbial sore thumb, worked out fine in the end when I saw him recently (after a twenty plus year absence) I had caught up to an eye to eye conversation.

I do hope this is the character type Rie K is aiming for now, after all beyond 2012 she will have had her main character-type cleared with several series characters (Shana, Louise et al) now to pass into history.
Old 2012-01-27, 07:08   Link #54
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
...But it seems that Kugimiya Rie REALLY wants to graduate onto playing the sweet, gentle and kind big-sister character.

And her heartwarmingly mature performance as Atsumi shows that she is very good at this kind of character.

For crying out loud, producers, just let her play the girl she wants to play from now on!!
I could not agree more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ TAYLER View Post
....I do hope this is the character type Rie K is aiming for now, after all beyond 2012 she will have had her main character-type cleared with several series characters (Shana, Louise et al) now to pass into history.
Also agree with this.

Although she has had non-tsundere roles before now (like Yuuki from Saki - the taco eating girl) without doubt her tsundere roles are the most popular. But I have always felt she had more talent than just one "type" and that it was not being utilized....
Old 2012-01-27, 11:05   Link #55
kitten320

Why would they assume right away that he is kidnapper and not an older brother or any other possible relative? 0_o
Old 2012-01-27, 11:06   Link #56
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Why would they assume right away that he is kidnapper and not an older brother or any other possible relative? 0_o
Longcoat, which tends to be used by kidnappers rather than regular people (for real!).
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 16:11   Link #57
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I must say, I like the Atsushi bits a lot more than the Atsumi ones. The loli-looking girls gag have been done and overdone, but the adult looking primary school boy is a new one to me.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 17:16   Link #58
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Though the anime is just 3 minutes in length, I think it had given the right amount of humor and info an anime can give in a particular episode, that is based on the

# of jokes per episode s = 4xper # of jokes per episode
3 minutes.......................................24 minute
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 08:38   Link #59
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I believe I was one of those "someones". And I agree with Enzo on this. Someone should really pass pictures out to the neighborhood watch and the cops, so that at the least most of them will recognize him. He'll probably get dragged in whenever there's someone new on the force, and then see the chief slap the new guy around for harassing children. Seriously, let the guy walk home with the girl he likes for once! If he has to wait until high school to even get close to her then someone will take her from him.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 11:09   Link #60
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
What on Earth!? XD I'm sure if I saw a girl willingly holding an older mans hands without struggling or anything, I would assume that they would be father and daughter. Characters overreact way to much in this anime XD

Gotta feel sorry for Atsushi, having the teacher run away from him twice and then get accused as a kidnapper He couldn't protect the girl he liked! Curse you random adults on the street!

That teacher was cute and funny though

It's ashame this is only 3 minutes long. It doesn't give you much to talk about so this thread isn't visited very often by a lot of people. Only a few people comment
I don't know what country your from but in the UK if your a Father out with your young kids expect to get police coming up to you and asking questions.

The joy of living in a country with a very high proportion of single mothers.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen