AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-23, 00:01   Link #41
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
They'll also have to take me down to. Should I have to start looking for assassins out my window?
Good thing I learned how to handle firearms and stuff with some unarmed combat...

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2012-04-23, 00:07   Link #42
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
By the way, will you fight if the government calls for immediate conscription in case of war against China?

Well, my father was a soldier, and being a degree holder, I might become an officer!!! Go!
Old 2012-04-23, 00:09   Link #43
NeoChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
By the way, will you fight if the government calls for immediate conscription in case of war against China?
No, doubt!!!
Old 2012-04-23, 00:14   Link #44
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Don't know if that'll work since I got dual citizenship.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2012-04-23, 00:18   Link #45
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
They'll also have to take me down to. Should I have to start looking for assassins out my window?
No, more like angry mobs.
Old 2012-04-23, 00:20   Link #46
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
No, more like angry mobs.
I'll have to agree with this one. But, they will likely still want to kill you...
Old 2012-04-25, 06:40   Link #47
sa547
*Author

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/04...nalize-dispute

So, it's like we're Georgia having to face Russia, and we're being told as though my country is being made out more as a domestic helper.
Old 2012-04-25, 06:52   Link #48
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/04...nalize-dispute

So, it's like we're Georgia having to face Russia, and we're being told as though my country is being made out more as a domestic helper.
China WOULD like the dispute to not get internationalized. If it's just them and the Philippines they of course have the upper hand.
Old 2012-04-25, 07:01   Link #49
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
China WOULD like the dispute to not get internationalized. If it's just them and the Philippines they of course have the upper hand.
Of course, as if having the entire Chinese navy over in SEA won't spook the other countries in the area......so who is internationalising the dispute?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-04-25, 07:36   Link #50
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Of course, as if having the entire Chinese navy over in SEA won't spook the other countries in the area......so who is internationalising the dispute?
The south sea fleet is Chinese entire navy. Very informed.

Quote:
China don't really want to escalate this though. If this goes out of hand, US navy will get involved.
It won't. The place will remain disputed. Nothing else will come out this mess, except Philippines will get more US support, the Chinese navy more budget. That's all. The fishing dispute has happened many times before, why is it heated this time?
Right before a planned military exercise with the US? Sending the biggest ship of the NAVY against fisherman? The US is already there. Whether they get their hand dirty is another story.

I am not sure what the logic of some of the members are. Clearly, the Diaoyu Dao(Senkaku) is closer to mainland China or Taiwan than to Japan. China claims Daiyu. Wrong! China claims Scarborough shoal. Wrong again! Oh, well.
Old 2012-04-25, 08:36   Link #51
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
The south sea fleet is Chinese entire navy. Very informed.
Uh so what is with that nitpicking?

Quote:
I am not sure what the logic of some of the members are. Clearly, the Diaoyu Dao(Senkaku) is closer to mainland China or Taiwan than to Japan. China claims Daiyu. Wrong! China claims Scarborough shoal. Wrong again! Oh, well.
It is either natural gas or this :

The general view is the China, despite having tons of natural resources on its large landmass, still wants to claim outlying islands for the natural gas. Given their military strength, the SEA nations are naturally spooked, and whoever is closest to the islands China is attempting to claim, makes the counterclaim.

Also, geographically Scarborough is closer to Zambales, a Filipino province than Hainan or maybe Taiwan.

Meanwhile, the US and them are spending more and more on military to counter each other, and India gets spooked too and starts building a long range missile, Iran and North Korea uses China's rise as a mountain to lean against.....at the expense of the world economy.

China's response to Philippines-US exercise as a provocation reminds me of what I have heard on Sunday at the coffeeshop between two China "expatriates" in the opposite table : they were talking about the standoff over the island and were calling the Filipinos "a country that can't export anything but maids". Of course, they stopped short at insulting the local Chinese calling them "Chinese not to be considered as Chinese" and quickly left. As much as their presence is a norm, life certainly starts to change with them........sooner or later the local Chinese anywhere within the SEA would be lumped together with them and lynched without recourse.

Even the potato eating ones.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-04-25, 08:46   Link #52
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
The general view is the China, despite having tons of natural resources on its large landmass, still wants to claim outlying islands for the natural gas. Given their military strength, the SEA nations are naturally spooked, and whoever is closest to the islands China is attempting to claim, makes the counterclaim.
Just like how Terran's play Starcraft. Why mine their own resources when they can fly over, drop mules and take yours?
Old 2012-04-25, 08:55   Link #53
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Just like how Terran's play Starcraft. Why mine their own resources when they can fly over, drop mules and take yours?
US has been doing that for a century, so China thought by growing big, they have and can imitate the US. See how much oil Alaska has; and the US are still taking from the Mideast. China needs their own Mideast and thus looks to SEA, drops settlers (they are called expatriates now) to spark some sort of divide so they can come in and take the oil/gas admist the chaos. Looks quite like Shell and the Mideast in the early 1900s run-up doesn't it?

Sometimes I wonder if there is a huge secret organisation that runs the world into this state; the last century, we fought 2 major wars and there was a huge technological run-up that propelled us into a place where we have never been before, space. Maybe this time, we might reach Mars after China and US finished fighting with the Mideast and start a Cold War between themselves. Last century was Europe. This century is either SEA or the Mideast.

I hope it is the Mideast. I don't want to get recalled again.

Old 2012-04-25, 23:08   Link #54
judasmartel
*Author

So in case of war... *theory* China fights it on water, while Philippines might have a chance on land. */theory*

Discuss.
Old 2012-04-25, 23:47   Link #55
sa547
*Author

The hacking wars are ongoing, with either side trying to show how big their e-peen is.
Old 2012-04-25, 23:56   Link #56
judasmartel
*Author

I smell WW3. Hope I'm just exaggerating.
Old 2012-04-26, 00:00   Link #57
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
By the way, uhmm...

...Come on China, you must be joking.
If only we can deal with international politics by trolling it through like internet...

Then Philipines firstly only need to put the claim on Hainan island as part of their territories. Then after going through decades of swearing and strawman-ing each others, agree to settle with Scarborogh Reef in exchange for China's right in claiming Hainan....

Peacefully solved.
Old 2012-04-26, 00:16   Link #58
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
If only we can deal with international politics by trolling it through like internet...

Then Philipines firstly only need to put the claim on Hainan island as part of their territories. Then after going through decades of swearing and strawman-ing each others, agree to settle with Scarborogh Reef in exchange for China's right in claiming Hainan....

Peacefully solved.
Now that would be epic trolling on China! *thumbs up*
Old 2012-04-26, 01:42   Link #59
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Quote:
US has been doing that for a century, so China thought by growing big, they have and can imitate the US. See how much oil Alaska has; and the US are still taking from the Mideast. China needs their own Mideast and thus looks to SEA, drops settlers (they are called expatriates now) to spark some sort of divide so they can come in and take the oil/gas admist the chaos. Looks quite like Shell and the Mideast in the early 1900s run-up doesn't it?
Be real. Alaska alone cannot supply the need of oil for US. You are just having a dig at US for no apparent reason.
Old 2012-04-26, 01:59   Link #60
flying ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
I smell WW3. Hope I'm just exaggerating.

nah

me thinks the worst case scenario is will end up like the incident that happened in 1996... that's when USN 7th fleet was deployed to Taiwan straight to spook Mainland China and show full support to Taiwan like US does to Israel.
Closed Thread