AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-03-28, 04:42   Link #641
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

As always with a marvel/DC character, the first question I ask is: Which Hulk are we talking here? Their power and personalities tend to change from series to series.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 04:51   Link #642
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
As always with a marvel/DC character, the first question I ask is: Which Hulk are we talking here? Their power and personalities tend to change from series to series.
Yeah, i agree that's why at the end i'll go with the Avegers-ers "smart" Hulk. He's fully councsious in his Hulk form so he won't revert back to Banner that easily but also his intelligence makes him a bit weaker by preventing him from losing control to his anger that easily. Still can become very powerfull if sufficiently provoked, tough.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 18:19   Link #643
Laevatein

Okay, I've started watching Saint Seiya Omega, although I'm not all that familiar with the original Saint Seiya, and I've gotten to wondering how Nanoha would mix with that?
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 02:19   Link #644
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Just don't pit the Nanoha cast against any of the Gold Saints from the original series. ESPECIALLY NOT VIRGO SHAKA.

Think about it, a Gold Saint CAN move at the speed of light, to them Fate will be laughably slow. Their attacks are very powerful, as an example, Gemini Saga's Galaxian Explosion is as powerful as the simultaneous explosion of a Supernova.
Old 2012-04-29, 02:52   Link #645
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I have to agree with the above post. Specially refering to Virgo Shaka, the guy is so insanely broken that the only way he was defeated (by THREE other insanely broken characters togheter using a forbbiden technique no less) was by his own choice (to put things into perspective, he curbstomped the next three most powerfull Gold Saints just to test them and then allowed them to kill him so he can travel to the underworld to curb-stomp more people xD).

Altough it's true Shaka is a very serious threat (possesing almost relativistic reality warping abilities). I still find hard to believe the "fast as light" thing and the "Supernova level" destructive power since if that were true the effects on the battlefield would be much more severe. I think that's more realted to exalt the Gold Saints feats and abilities so they become famous and feared. No doubt they're insanely broken in their own right but, for example, we had witnessed other verses characters who really move at lightspeed and have planet-destructive power and the effects on their battles are a lot more plausible than Saint Seiya's Gold Saints.

Most of the Gold Saints are indeed out of Nanohaverse's league in one-on-one battles. As a team some of the lamest Gold Saints can be dominated with a good enough plan(Cancer Deathmask is a laughable one-trick pony for example, even his own gold armor left him after noticing how lame the guy is xDU).

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-04-29, 03:06   Link #646
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
The whole bit about speed of light and destructive power of a supernova IS canon from Kurumada. There is not "but" and "if", it's really stated by him. It's just that it is not properly portrayed by both anime and manga. Only Giorno Giovanna's Gold Experience Requiem and Valentine's Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. are as, if not more, broken.
Old 2012-04-29, 03:09   Link #647
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
The whole bit about speed of light and destructive power of a supernova IS canon from Kurumada. There is not "but" and "if", it's really stated by him. It's just that it is not properly portrayed by both anime and manga.
Heh, agreed then xD. In both, how broken they are and how badly portrayed their power scale is. Athena's Exclamation, the ultimate forbidden technique performed by three Gold Saints only manage to destroy the top of a mountain which is pretty low for "Supernova" level of power xDU

Cancer Deathmask is still a joke xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-04-29, 03:15   Link #648
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Well, my sign is represented by a narcissic metrosexual. You can't top that!
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 09:13   Link #649
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Something that I though up a while ago but never got to finish

Spoiler:
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 10:43   Link #650
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Well, my sign is represented by a narcissic metrosexual. You can't top that!
You could always watch Kamen Rider Fourze if you want a good Cancer-based villain.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 10:57   Link #651
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

I'd suggest you to check on my public profile and look up the Gold Saint representating people born under that sign.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 11:13   Link #652
Justin_Brett

Realized I got that wrong about a second after posting.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 13:48   Link #653
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

A young man, with blond hair and green eyes, kneeling in his home. His eyes was narrowed, his hands slowly finishing the magical circle in front of him. He placed a small red gem in the center before beginnig to chant.

"Silver and gold to the origin. Gem and the archduke of contracts to the cornerstone. The ancestor is our Great Kaiser."

In another place, another man was also chanting. His blue hair flew slightly from the power coming from the circle in front of him. In his hand, he held a triangular yellow stone.

"The alighted wind becomes a wall. The gates in the four directions close, coming from the crown, the three-forked road that leads to the kingdom circulate."

A young woman, clad in nun robes, holds a golden spear reverently. Her voice was barely a whisper, yet it resonated through the church she was in.

"Shut (fill). Shut (fill). Shut (fill). Shut (fill). Shut (fill).

Repeat every five times.

Simply, shatter once filled."

A young boy with red hair struggled to stand. He was sweating, yet he continues his task. At his feets, a large block of what appeared to be black scale resides.

"――――I announce.

Your self is under me, my fate(doom) is in your sword.

In accordance with the resort of the Holy Grail, if you abide by this feeling, this reason, then answer."

A young woman, clad in green, clutch a pink ribbon in her hands.

"Here is my oath. I am the one who becomes all the good of the world of the dead, I am the one who lays out all the evil of the world of the dead.

You, seven heavens clad in three words of power, arrive from the ring of deterrence, O keeper of the balance ―――!"

A dark basement. A woman with silver hair, clutching a book with a silver cross close to her body. Unlike the others, she added another lines to her chant. Behind her, shadows stood, smiling at the way the blade that was stuck in the center of the circle vibrated.

"Yet, thou serves with thine eyes clouded in chaos.

Thou, bound in the cage of madness. I am she who command those chains."

Yeah, I was bored.
Old 2012-05-12, 15:17   Link #654
DKN117

(walks into thread) The personnel of RF6 travel to a previously-unvisited dimension, and discover an abandoned-looking ship that's holding up a chunk of a planet. The ship's name? USG Ishimura. Our heroes decide to board the vessel to investigate why it has gone silent... (walks out, planning to check responses later)
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 22:51   Link #655
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

What, does a Necromorph made from a mage keep the original's power?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 23:31   Link #656
DKN117

Doubtful. Magic usage seems to, in humans, require conscious thought and mathematical skills. Individual Necromorphs are little more than bloodlust-consumed animals. I mainly wanted to stir up discussion on how the different group-members (StrikerS-era Nanoha, Fate, Hayate, Signum, Vita, Shamal, Zafira, Teana, Subaru, Erio, & Caro) would react to the terrifying abominations that are the Necromorphs (imagine how, say, Nanoha or Teana would react if, right in front of them, an Infector killed a survivor who immediately and horrifyingly mutated into a Slasher and attacked them), to the insanity of Dr. Mercer, and to the situation aboard the Ishimura in general, as well as what they, and the (surviving) TSAB higher-ups, might choose to do to handle the situation.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 00:09   Link #657
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I can see Fate, Hayate, and Teana being susceptible to the dead people visions the Marker produces, but otherwise I think just about the entire cast would have brains that wouldn't be driven mad by the Marker's influence (with the whole blueprint thing).
Old 2012-05-13, 00:17   Link #658
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Uh, guys? ANy comments?
Old 2012-05-13, 00:22   Link #659
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Uh, guys? ANy comments?
Honestly... I don't know enough about what you're crossing over on. ._.
Old 2012-05-13, 00:26   Link #660
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Type Moon. A Holy Grail war using Nanoha char.