AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-01-15, 23:50   Link #61
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

If such material would allow for Calvin and Hobbes characters to be involved, thus a live action Hobbes to help in the fight against the Dinos, heck i'm on board.

Perhaps the climactic battle of the film will be both sides challenging each other for the fate of the world in a game of Calvin ball.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 02:30   Link #62
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

We might have a name for this movie's director.

I was kinda hoping it'd be Steven Spielberg again (Joe Johnston and him, before M. Crichton died of throat cancer, had an agreement where they'd switch places at the director's seat for every new movie in the franchise), but it seems he let go of the pattern.

At least Spielberg and the old JP crew is still in the production team (save for Kathleen Kennedy, who's working on that new Star Wars stuff)...

It'd be nice if they used some of Crichton's unused plots, though
Spoiler:
Old 2013-03-15, 20:07   Link #63
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

More Jeff Goldblum and gymnastics-ing velociraptors out of windows and it'll at least be hilarious.
Old 2013-03-15, 22:02   Link #64
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

I've been following this project for years. I'm not tickled pink that Colin Trevorrow was chosen considering his lack of experience, but I enjoyed Safety Not Guaranteed so I'm willing to give him a try.

At this point we should be more concerned with the scriptwriter than the director. I've read two of the earlier drafts of JP4 and let's just say they were a hot mess. Dinosaur-human hybrids, anyone? Or how about a dinosaur star-crossed lovers story? There were even some mock-ups released a short while ago featuring some of the designs they were considering. If anyone wants to see them I can post them, just let me know.
Old 2013-03-15, 22:20   Link #65
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalena View Post
There were even some mock-ups released a short while ago featuring some of the designs they were considering. If anyone wants to see them I can post them, just let me know.
By "some designs", do you mean the Dino-human hybrids they had some time ago? And yeah, I would like to see them if it's something new .
Old 2013-04-04, 09:23   Link #66
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Jack Horner, the paleontologist consultant for the three JP movies implied scarier dinos for JP4:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurassicpark4-movie.com
Paleontologist and Dinosaur consultant for Jurassic Park, Jack Horner recently spoke to USA Today about Jurassic Park 3D and also mentioned there will be even scarier Dinosaurs featured in 2014's Jurassic Park 4! See what Horner had to say about what to expect in Jurassic Park 4 below:

"I can't actually tell you who that will be," says Horner, who will consult on the new film. "But you'll want to keep the lights on after you see this movie."- Jack Horner

So what "scarier" Dinosaurs do you predict we will see in Jurassic Park 4? Could we finally see the inclusion of the terrifying tyrant of the sea, Leopluradon? Or perhaps we will see the too-cool-to-be-true Raptorex! There have been quite a few Dinosaurs discovered since Jurassic Park 3, so there's plenty to choose from.
So, what’s the most scary prehistoric creatures you can think of that you want to see in the next JP movie?

Actually, you know what? I think I know just what Dinosaur that can make you scared shit-less:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2013-04-04 at 09:36.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 09:50   Link #67
Azuma Denton
~AD~

On a related note, i just found out that they remake Jurassic Park into 3D movie... =.=;
Maybe the purpose is to build up the hype for upcoming Jurassic Park IV.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 10:06   Link #68
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
On a related note, i just found out that they remake Jurassic Park into 3D movie... =.=;
Maybe the purpose is to build up the hype for upcoming Jurassic Park IV.
Yep. The JP 3-D Re-Release is done as an obvious cash-grab as well as building the anticipation for JP4. Smart move if I should say so myself. Also, I heard that the 3-D is actually decent for a movie of its age, better than up-converted 3D movies like Clash of the Titans.
Old 2013-04-04, 10:10   Link #69
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

@Obelisk ze Tormentor:

It's been confirmed for some time now that tyrannosaur hatchlings/infants had feathers at the very beginning of their life (heck, even Michael Crichton got it right when he described the infants in the Lost World novel), but I don't think I've heard anything about the adults keeping the said feathers as they matured into adulthood.

One theory posits that only small dinos, those that didn't have enough body mass to keep themselves naturally warm, were in need of feathers - the bigger clades and families such as the sauropods and diplodocids were large enough to act as giant heaters and thus were in no need for external insulators.

As for the raptorex, cool name, but I'd be more partial to the Utahraptor - at least the latter has that sickle claw that can disembowel you in just one slash.
Old 2013-04-04, 10:16   Link #70
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
@Obelisk ze Tormentor:

It's been confirmed for some time now that tyrannosaur hatchlings/infants had feathers at the very beginning of their life (heck, even Michael Crichton got it right when he described the infants in the Lost World novel), but I don't think I've heard anything about the adults keeping the said feathers as they matured into adulthood.

One theory posits that only small dinos, those that didn't have enough body mass to keep themselves naturally warm, were in need of feathers - the bigger clades and families such as the sauropods and diplodocids were large enough to act as giant heaters and thus were in no need for external insulators.
I know that. That’s why I said feathered (adult) T-Rex is scary-looking .
Old 2013-04-04, 10:36   Link #71
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Show a little respect for the big turkey, son...

As for new dinos, I'd suggest the Deinocheirus - it has some VERY impressive arms and since that's the only part of it that was ever dug up, the animators can't be blamed if later on a more complete skeleton is unearthed and it'd look nothing like the movie version. XD

The underwater dinosaur? No, I'm not putting much stock into it - the InGen engineers only bred land animals for the park and had very mitigated successes with pterosaurs (in the Jurassic Park novel, Arnold -or was it Muldoon?- commented that the pterosaurs were so territorial they had to be confined in a giant birdcage [seen in JP3] and were pretty much left alone because they kept attacking the workers). So sea animals? This isn't Jaws, this is Jurassic Park (the government officials from Costa Rica would probably have a heart attack at the news of a Mosasaur stalking the waters near its coastline - they already had their hands full in the Lost World novel with the diseased carcasses washing up on their shores AND reports of escaped dinos [see the end of the JP novel] making their way deep inside the jungle, ransacking crops as they went further north).

One "exotic" genus they could introduce would be the Carnotaurus from the Lost World novel. In that book,
Spoiler:

Last edited by Renegade334; 2013-04-04 at 10:48.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 12:45   Link #72
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Show a little respect for the big turkey, son...
But I did respect it . Don’t you know how scary a giant turkey with a large mouth full of sharp teeth is? Just imagining it chasing after me makes me shiver .

Quote:
As for new dinos, I'd suggest the Deinocheirus - it has some VERY impressive arms and since that's the only part of it that was ever dug up, the animators can't be blamed if later on a more complete skeleton is unearthed and it'd look nothing like the movie version. XD
Deinocheirus? Nu-uh. I don’t want JP team to make up a dinosaur on their own XD. There’s already enough authenticity issues for JP’s dinosaurs. I don’t want them to make it even worse. I’d rather they make Carcharodontosaurus than making up a dinosaur using their own imagination.

Quote:
The underwater dinosaur? No, I'm not putting much stock into it - the InGen engineers only bred land animals for the park and had very mitigated successes with pterosaurs. So sea animals? This isn't Jaws, this is Jurassic Park (the government officials from Costa Rica would probably have a heart attack at the news of a Mosasaur stalking the waters near its coastline - they already had their hands full in the Lost World novel with the diseased carcasses washing up on their shores AND reports of escaped dinos [see the end of the JP novel] making their way deep inside the jungle, ransacking crops as they went further north).
Hey, I’m not the one who came up with that idea ^^. Blame those people at jurassicpark4-movie.com. But it will be very nice if they make a story out of that escaped-dinos scenario.

Quote:
One "exotic" genus they could introduce would be the Carnotaurus from the Lost World novel. In that book,
Spoiler:
As for the Carnotaurus, isn’t making it has the same ability as a chameleon will revert the concept of “Dinos as birds” back into “Dinos as lizards”? Not to mention that it’s a bit bizzare. It’s weird enough seeing the mini Dilophosaurus has a “collar” and can spout venoms in the first JP. Anyway, we already seen enough Carnotaurus in action in that Disney’s Dinosaur movie, so I’d prefer watching something new. Metriacanthosaurus is good. It was listed in JP1 after all. Also, poor Ceratosaurus only get a passing-by cameo in JP3. I wish it gets more screentime in JP4.
Old 2013-04-04, 14:02   Link #73
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Dinosaurs are so 1990s.
Old 2013-04-04, 14:05   Link #74
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They keep making comebacks.
Old 2013-04-04, 14:09   Link #75
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
this is Jurassic Park (the government officials from Costa Rica would probably have a heart attack at the news of a Mosasaur stalking the waters near its coastline -
they are going to need a really big boat.
Old 2013-04-04, 14:19   Link #76
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Dinosaurs are so 1990s.
Actually, Dinosaurs are already famous in the cinema-world since 1920s till this present day. Their charm can never die .
Old 2013-04-04, 21:07   Link #77
HasuMasu
*Artist

I figure Therizinosaurus is pretty good.

It's basically Freddy Krueger.

In hindsight, this is much more terrifying than I first thought.

Each one of those claws looks almost as large as me.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 21:34   Link #78
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
I figure Therizinosaurus is pretty good.

It's basically Freddy Krueger.
Yeah, Therizino is pretty popular these days. It was featured in many faux-documentaries programs (ala Walking with Dinosaurs) both from BBC and Discovery Channel network. It even appeared in a all-CG Korean dinosaur movie called Speckles: The Tarbosaurus (or just Tarbosaurus 3D in some regions). It’s an entertaining-enough movie if you like dinosaurs.
Old 2013-04-04, 21:47   Link #79
HasuMasu
*Artist

Come to think of it, I think that thing was on Walking with Dinosaurs.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 21:55   Link #80
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
Come to think of it, I think that thing was on Walking with Dinosaurs.
Not on WWD the main series, but on a special episode called Chased by Dinosaurs: A Walking with Dinosaurs’ Special: The Giant Claw where audience are guided by Nigel Marven.