AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2013-08-11, 07:17   Link #1241
Blackmambauk

here's a fic that I think it's quite good it's called Code Geass Colorless Memories http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8410736/...rless-Memories

which I'm doing a sidefic for here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9069985/...s-Side-Stories

I'm currently writing an arc that will cover the black knights attempt's to rebuild Japan and how hard it is to rebuild a country from scratch, but there's trouble waiting in the wing and it's called The Shin.

now while I enjoy my writing, I feel that I ain't good enough to write by myself, so if I had another writer to work with the story etc., I think it would be for the better, I have beta readers but if I had another writer of code Geass to work with, that would be great, as I suck at action scenes and I don't like writing them to be honest, so if there's anyone interested let me know, but I warn you.

you will have to know quite a bit about Code Geass and also read through the main fic to understand the characters and story a swell

Blackmambauk
Blackmambauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 04:33   Link #1242
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Please tell what you're good at: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=123033
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 03:29   Link #1243
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Just update the new chapter of Lelouch-vi-Britannia: Rise and Fall of the Black King! Please Read and Review!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 23:48   Link #1244
kaiser11492

For all readers of Code Geass: Rebellion on the Other Side, a new chapter has been posted. Here's the link for it.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8413411...the-Other-Side
kaiser11492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 18:38   Link #1245
stardrago

You know I have been wondering of a potential crossover story of Code Geass with Kamen Rider Gaim. Like it would place in the manga version of where Knightmare Frames do not exist but Lelouch becomes Gaim and during his adventures ends up in the anime version of his universe.
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 12:31   Link #1246
Scherzo09

Hey, been a while since I posted here. Now that I'm done with college I'm thinking about doing a sorta rebuild of Geass. High chances of it being still-born but it's something I'd really like to commit to paper.

Curious what people think I should do with the characters.
Scherzo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 02:58   Link #1247
Blackmambauk

Depends on what you want to do with the character's, do you want to explore them more? Put your own interpretation on them? Change the role they have?

That's what you need to ask yourself if your unsure. As well as what you hope to achieve with your own verison of Code Geass and the character's in question.

I assume you are talking about the main character's, or are you talking about characters like Tohdoh and others as well.

I'm trying to come up with my own rewrite of Code Geass as well. Got plently of idea's though whether they are any good is another matter. Witht he main one tieing geass to the Sumeragi's and Kururugi's, just so geass is tied in to the japanese side. Along with exploring japan more in code geass world. Since i find it interesting how for seven years they got nowhere in their attempts to liberate their country, which hints to problems and flaws that might have been there before britannia invaded.

Have entertained the idea of having a co writer. But i'm not sure if anyone would want to rewrite code geass from the bottom up. Not just form a certain point in the series. I mean from the beginning, to try and maxmise the potential i felt the series had, but failed to reach in the long run.

So what is it you want to do with your fanfic of Code Geass would be the best question to ask if you haven't done so already.
Old 2014-07-24, 10:37   Link #1248
Scherzo09

Well should say the main premise is creating something more tonally consistent and in one sense 'grounded' without necessarily being completely unsilly. Stuff like The Dark Knight Trilogy, the NBC series Kings, and even say Black Lagoon are kinda inspirations in that regard.
Old 2014-07-24, 17:27   Link #1249
Blackmambauk

That's what i want to do as well somewhat. Make code geass elss over the top, though keep some of it as it is a part of the show's charm at points. But pull back on the over the topness that r2 had.

Inspirations for my fic would be the wire, Sorpanos, Fate stay night and Assassins creed wiith Avatar (the series) and Blazblue an influence as well.

So how much do you have planned out so far, or are you just at idea stage for now?
Old 2014-07-24, 23:07   Link #1250
Scherzo09

My plan is to shadow S1 more or less but have it presented in a different way. Also I'd be cutting some characters and adding others. I'm on the fence of excising Nunnally, mainly because I feel she just exists to be too much of a morality pet.
Old 2014-07-25, 02:14   Link #1251
Blackmambauk

Same here as well, i don't think much can be changed at r1. You excise Nunnally, you take away one of lelouch's reasons for his actions. the thing to do is to expand on nunnally, as she isn't as simple as she looks. Expand on how she may know what her brother is up to, how she feels deep down, but can't express it to anyone.

Or you can change how thing's went down for her when she got crippled.

That's just my suggestion.
Old 2014-07-25, 14:16   Link #1252
Blackmambauk

I have found myself running into a problem. Which is that personally I just don't have a clue of how to plan out how each of my idea's, arc's and timeline for it will happen in the fic, like when an event might happen and how. Of which personally I feel that I would benefit from having a writer to work with on the fic as a whole, if not maybe more than one. As the plan at the moment is to do it in three parts, like a trilogy.

As I want to write code geass from the start of the series, hell even before that to flesh it much as possible. Try to reach the potential I felt the series had and didn't really reach. I have a huge ambition for it all, as I want to match what Megiddo fic does.

So if anyone is interested in this prospect let me know and we can chat.

Thank You

Blackmambauk
Old 2014-07-25, 22:15   Link #1253
Scherzo09

See, I don't buy that. Lelouch had plenty of motivations; the hatred of his Father, the mystery of his Mother's death, and his disdain for the Imperial system and culture in general. Nunnally to me was basically a morality pet; no matter how many people he betrayed or killed to achieve his goals, he could always go back to Nunnally and talk about 'building her a softer world' and the audience is supposed to go 'aww, see? He does have a heart!' And that really cheapened Lelouch as a character to me, like the writers were afraid to have him be too much of a villain. I mean I appreciate what they did in the last episode with her calling Lelouch out, but that to me was too little.

If Nunnally was to remain, she'd have to be really different than she was in the show. It might be worth it just for a scene like This.
Old 2014-07-26, 02:14   Link #1254
Blackmambauk

Of which come's back somewhat to what happeend to his sister, he hates his father because he sat and did nothing while his mother was killed and his sister blinded and crippled. Then he just cast them off aside as if they were nothing. He hates how his countries system has left no future in his eyes for his sister. Quite a bit of lelouch's motivations for his actions for sometime come back to nunnally. Hence why he abandoned the bk near the end of r1 when v.v took her, why he kept going after her and risking the bk's success.

Because Nunnally was everything to Lelouch, the one person he had for all his life, you take that away and you have to filled that void with something else.

Now you do have a point how Nunnally was used by the writer's to humanise lelouch, i mean what little sister or brother isn't used for that purpose. Because the writer's want us to feel like the main person is one we can root and care for. Can be lazy writing, but it works for a lot of people.

Well why do you think they put lelouch through a lot of suffering in r2, it's because they wanted to keep reminding us that for all his flaws, he is a person who is trying to change the world for the better.

That's just my opinion, if you want to change nunnally in your fic, that is fine, as long as you can justify it, and also take into account how it can change lelouch's character as well.
Old 2014-07-26, 09:50   Link #1255
Scherzo09

The death of his mother would've been enough to piss him off though.
Old 2014-07-26, 11:40   Link #1256
Blackmambauk

But his sister's being blinded anc rippled added to it immensly. Nunnally represents a complex part of Lelouch's character is feel, the line he walks to trying to create a better world, or giving in to the flaws that threaten to bring him down or make him as bad as the people he hates.

Again just my view.
Old 2014-07-26, 13:56   Link #1257
Kusaja

Regardless of the role, I don't think there's any obligation to keep using a character you don't find too interesting.

You could even make a rewrite of your own version of Code Geass without Suzaku and still make the story you're trying to tell work. There's no need to be afraid of radical decisions.

If I were interested in writing fan fiction, I could just as easily justify including or excluding anyone from the story, since it would cater to my preferences and skills as a writer, rather than necessarily trying to stick closely to the original story, at the expense of what I really wanted to do.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-26, 15:01   Link #1258
Blackmambauk

Of course if you find that you don't find a character interesting, then yeah you can excise them from the story.

That is entirely the choice of the writer. All i would say is if you do that, then just think on how their absence affect's your story regardless of how large or small their role was.

So that your story doesn't suffer for it. Nor does it cause much problems for you as well, just things that can be considered.

As you say kusaja, as long as you can jusfly it, then it should be okay.

Last edited by Blackmambauk; 2014-07-26 at 15:18.
Old 2014-07-26, 15:12   Link #1259
Scherzo09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
Regardless of the role, I don't think there's any obligation to keep using a character you don't find too interesting.

You could even make a rewrite of your own version of Code Geass without Suzaku and still make the story you're trying to tell work. There's no need to be afraid of radical decisions.

If I were interested in writing fan fiction, I could just as easily justify including or excluding anyone from the story, since it would cater to my preferences and skills as a writer, rather than necessarily trying to stick closely to the original story, at the expense of what I really wanted to do.
Yeah, that's sort of how I feel. I'm bursting with ideas for Euphemia, Cornelia, even Milly, but I just don't really feel much afinity towards Nunnally, or her relationship to Lelouch.
Old 2014-07-27, 13:12   Link #1260
Scherzo09

Hm, here's what I'm thinking now. She wouldn't be blind, and she'd be getting PT for her wounded legs. Probably gonna reconjigure her personality a bit too.

Tags
character, discussion