AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-01-18, 02:30   Link #39581
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Too much leeway gave birth to my first fic. You know, the one written with poor understanding of the world of IS? And got flamed faster than a chicken roasting over a spit.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 02:30   Link #39582
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

@Zero

That. The bane of our fanfics.

@Demi

<------ Is guilty as well.

Speaking of liberties, I'm planning to have this sort of scene somewhere midway. Yay or nay?
Old 2013-01-18, 02:49   Link #39583
DarkJak2050

Does anyone know Natasha's actual age?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 02:51   Link #39584
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Around the twenties, IIRC. Exact age, no idea.
Old 2013-01-18, 03:03   Link #39585
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Finally got an idea on the electric sword. It has shifting electronegativity that shifts between an extreme high and an extreme low. This causes electron flow to be sporadic and cyclical generating electro-motive force or electricity.

@stratos: I'll watch the vid after my class. God knows I need to pass this semester

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-01-18 at 03:24.
Old 2013-01-18, 03:07   Link #39586
DarkJak2050

Real pain isn't it?

I'm glad I finished my first story arc before my Winter Break ended. So no ideas on Natasha's actual age... Oh well.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 03:22   Link #39587
Eratas123

She's about Chifuyu's age I think.

On a side note, Future Imperfect is a pain in the ass to write. Putting all the characters together makes about 14 people in the same room, so dialogue is stilted no matter what I do.
Old 2013-01-18, 03:32   Link #39588
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I knew how you feel

Hell, When I'm putting more than five people, same things happened.
--------

photo uploader

Also for the hell of it.

Note that ALT means Okiuraverse. And Golem 2 is shaped like GAGA
Old 2013-01-18, 03:34   Link #39589
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Classes cancelled

@stratos: Well if it's the one sidedness you want to capture then it's just kinda like gundam 00 silencing both sides of the battle.

@jak: I just place Natasha somewhere from 25-29 older than Chifu-chan.
Old 2013-01-18, 03:37   Link #39590
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ The novel claim "early twenties", so no.
Old 2013-01-18, 03:46   Link #39591
demino_hellsin
That one guy

so really Chifuyuish... same age as Clarissa? 22?
Old 2013-01-18, 03:46   Link #39592
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah, around that.

I choose 21 for convenience (younger than Yamada, ironically)
Old 2013-01-18, 03:50   Link #39593
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Actually Demi, I was intending to have JSDF involve in the scene. The helis you see in the vid is going to be JSDF vehicles mobbing an island where they believed to be the terrorists' hideout.

Not exactly a war, not a low-profile attack either seeing as it'll be squadrons and squadrons of helis and jets in the operation.
Old 2013-01-18, 03:57   Link #39594
demino_hellsin
That one guy

how heavily armed are these terrorists and how long is their history to need that much firepower focused on them? JSDF? NATO? Both at once? Then if you ever plan to cram in Inami or your other cast... D: Full Stratos Panic?
Old 2013-01-18, 04:00   Link #39595
Eratas123

Why is there no grade skipping in Japan? Is it for the entire country, cause I see varying ages for first year students in anime.
Old 2013-01-18, 04:05   Link #39596
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Seeing as the terrorist posses legion of unmanned drone units armed to the teeth and has been trying to attack the Academy multiple times, failing in the process... Any sane man wouldn't want such hardware lying around, but I'm sure it won't be that simple as just sending out the military.

At this point, I plan not to have Inami involved in the attack. He's not Tony Stark. :P
Old 2013-01-18, 04:07   Link #39597
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: That's just their educational system. No grade skipping. Anime just depicts that to let you know "Yes, this guy IS that smart.". It happens outside their country so we realize he's smart, but not on the same level as the japanese demographic who probably feel more impressed because it's pretty much impossible in their country.

@stratos: At the very least he's better armed than Stark. Quality over quantity at least.
Old 2013-01-18, 04:09   Link #39598
Eratas123

Not unless he makes a suit out of a box and paper clips

@ Demi - So what's the average age? I swear sometimes I see 17, but Ichika's 15. Others are 19 in third year.
Old 2013-01-18, 04:11   Link #39599
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think they can't skip a grade but like most countries they can start schooling early.
Old 2013-01-18, 04:13   Link #39600
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Why is there no grade skipping in Japan? Is it for the entire country, cause I see varying ages for first year students in anime.
Different entry age duh, and the bias is often not that much. First year is EITHER 15 or 16, never 14 or 17.

And 19 for third year is way too old, that's mean certain special circumstances (held back a year due to illness or just plain suck)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Seeing as the terrorist posses legion of unmanned drone units armed to the teeth and has been trying to attack the Academy multiple times, failing in the process... Any sane man wouldn't want such hardware lying around, but I'm sure it won't be that simple as just sending out the military.
I myself plan Ace Combat's style tightly packed skirmishes. Especially with my Fanon version of Golem II (Gaga expy), Glass ninja to a T.

Seeing as they have mediocre armoring and no shield, hypersonic antitank missile will do just fine, though those are by no means cheap.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest