AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 15 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 31.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 26.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-17, 08:53   Link #161
miketyson

Vena: pretty much. If anything it's probably also due to the writers using the opportunity to reassure the viewers that Mikono hasn't yet gone 100% over to the wolfman...since it seems Amata and Mikono can't just talk about it directly. Also don't forget that one of the standard anime rejections follows on with "...there's someone else that I like" (sigh), which just isn't going to get said then and there.

In re: Kagura, it'd have been kinda ok if it'd just been between her and Yunoha ("what made you believe *your* Altairian wasn't actually a bad dude?"), but for Amata and Andy to overhear that and respond by trying to get him in good with her cat? , piloting Aquarion must impair one's critical reasoning.

I actually saw a comic on pixiv that made that joke ahead of episode 16's airing. What can't pixiv fan-artists predict?

In re: Ianthe, perhaps. Crack theory:
Spoiler for Ianthe:

Here it is: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=26524067

...whoever that is basically called it a week in advance.

Last edited by miketyson; 2012-04-17 at 09:21. Reason: added link
Old 2012-04-17, 09:32   Link #162
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
In re: Kagura, it'd have been kinda ok if it'd just been between her and Yunoha ("what made you believe *your* Altairian wasn't actually a bad dude?"), but for Amata and Andy to overhear that and respond by trying to get him in good with her cat? , piloting Aquarion must impair one's critical reasoning.
No, it makes sense. It may be completely stupid, but Mikono trusts that furball who prefers the mass kidnapper/murderer to the guy who risked his life several times to rescue its owner. So it's either that or try to replace Shushu with an identical but friendlier... rabbit? and hope Mikono doesn't notice.

(Or, you know, go after a woman that isn't quite so brain damaged.)
Old 2012-04-17, 09:45   Link #163
miketyson

Trying to find and then emplace a Shu-Shu replacement would make a fantastic omake.
Old 2012-04-17, 10:15   Link #164
Maximillionus
Hoping in for the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
The entire thing is a non-conclusion because its clear that he has no idea what to say or do. Which makes the scene progression make actual sense and Mikono's reaction comes in on the fact that he is, effectively, saying nothing but stringing together words. Its probably rather important that Mikono interjects not while he says the first line but when he starts on the second... and that she flips to jealousy at that moment: Uncertainty. (Of course, this doesn't change the fact that Zessica will get turned down next episode either by her own volition or with a talk from Amata.)

Of course, I found much of this episode a bit suspect in writing especially in regards to Mikono and how she was treated. Some aspects of the writing were honestly entirely off the wall for her character: "Shushu likes him... he cannot be that bad of a guy." There is no logic in this sentence, none, unless the point is to show a paramount level of self-delusion in Mikono. (Of course, I'm very suspicious of what Fudo might be planning.)
Ya I agree although his tone and the sentence before sudgested he's trying to let her down gently the fact he kinda strings words together means he was caught off gaurd. Even the previous episode where she tries to justify Kagura having Mikono and maybe they could hook up. Amata would have no such thought of that, he still obviously cares deeply about Mikono. And I can see Zessica being turn down in the next episode or the one after that. I was also too lazy to look up Unrequited so when I did it basically means one sided (learn something new everyday). I just don't want to see an ending where Zessica doesn't get equal response to her feelings and basically turns into a Reika situation. Then Amata and Mikono try to comfort her.
Old 2012-04-17, 10:45   Link #165
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

Woah, this thread got more replies than episode 15.

Well, Amata may be angsting right now, but it's usually characters like him who turn out badass at the end.

I mean, look at Shu. The guy was worse in turns of moping around and feeling pity for himself. And he mans up at the end. Least we have Amata deciding to say "SCREW YOUR DESTINY." And defy the reasons of logic.

So Amata is going to defy logic and kick reason to the curb? Sound familiar anyone?
Old 2012-04-17, 14:05   Link #166
sergel02

I decided to randomly watch the show, but i ended up really liking the main character Amata, so i think I'll go back and watch all the episodes =D
Old 2012-04-17, 16:53   Link #167
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOrder View Post
Woah, this thread got more replies than episode 15.

Well, Amata may be angsting right now, but it's usually characters like him who turn out badass at the end.

I mean, look at Shu. The guy was worse in turns of moping around and feeling pity for himself. And he mans up at the end. Least we have Amata deciding to say "SCREW YOUR DESTINY." And defy the reasons of logic.

So Amata is going to defy logic and kick reason to the curb? Sound familiar anyone?
Or rather, isn't it normal to have some self-doubt and uncertainty are being dealt a massive blow both physically and emotionally last episode?

(Shu is a whole different creature altogether...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
I decided to randomly watch the show, but i ended up really liking the main character Amata, so i think I'll go back and watch all the episodes =D
You mean you just started with this episode ?
Old 2012-04-17, 17:37   Link #168
Arya

This episode gave many hints and false clues, eh? The only Mikono's reincarnation pairing that I haven't read yet are mickey mouse and dumbo.(j/k)
I rewatched the episode subbed. the other day I was not in the mood, this time I enjoyed it more, even if it wasn't aquarion at his best until it started heart shaping all over the place
Surely they kept an lighthearted atmosphere, even Zessica's confession looked more nice, but in a no romantic way. As it was intended more for Zessica's sake than something else. So she could move on. I just hope that Amata will handle the matter directly and verbally. Poor Zessica. She is always alone, the only quasi-friend is Mix that is all over Andy (it's time to show them to us!!).
Surely what I didn't like much was how they handled Amata and Mikono reactions and behavior. I was expecting a more heavy atmosphere, giving what happened the previous episode. But, this is Aquarion, so I can't complain. And having the beach time next episode surely didn't help.

I had forgot very much about the original Aquarion, but thanks to the visions I just remembered why I disliked it

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-04-17, 18:00   Link #169
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

You mean you just started with this episode ?
No i actually watched episode 1+2 and then didn't watch for a while then i saw this episode. And today i watch episode 7. So that makes 4 of all the episodes so far.
Old 2012-04-17, 18:06   Link #170
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
No i actually watched episode 1+2 and then didn't watch for a while then i saw this episode. And today i watch episode 7. So that makes 4 of all the episodes so far.
Sounds... Complicated...
Old 2012-04-18, 07:46   Link #171
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

As subpar as Sousei was, anyone else got hit by the nostalgia train hard when the mugen punch visions started?
Old 2012-04-18, 07:51   Link #172
kuromitsu

Not exactly nostalgia train, more like...

"Wow, the animation and chara design are SO different."
"Uh, this is really awkward."
"O HAI TOUMA!!! *_*)"
Old 2012-04-18, 07:54   Link #173
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflyingturkey View Post
As subpar as Sousei was, anyone else got hit by the nostalgia train hard when the mugen punch visions started?
Only as far as the song goes You see, I didn't exactly finish the show...

But that last scene with Apollo and Silvia did stir abit of emotion...
Old 2012-04-18, 08:08   Link #174
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflyingturkey View Post
I didn't watch it. But I shade a tear at the end of the flashback. I'm too sensitive.
Old 2012-04-18, 10:30   Link #175
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
But this reminded me of something that I forgotten to bring up: When Aquarion went berserk, for some reason Donar immediately identifies Zessica's love as 'Unrequited' as oppose to 'Mutual Love'....

...Really? Was it really that obvious to you, Donar ? Was it really that obvious to everyone including the computer ?
Probably because the heart gauge status show that only Zess's part that was pink while Amata's is black

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOrder View Post
I'll just repost this
Old 2012-04-19, 01:23   Link #176
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
muahahaha!! an evil fujoshi Ranka Lee, beware of her rusting powers!!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2012-04-19, 12:13   Link #177
teelatsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
No, it makes sense. It may be completely stupid, but Mikono trusts that furball who prefers the mass kidnapper/murderer to the guy who risked his life several times to rescue its owner. So it's either that or try to replace Shushu with an identical but friendlier... rabbit? and hope Mikono doesn't notice.

(Or, you know, go after a woman that isn't quite so brain damaged.)
Wow, so now Kagura is a mass murderer and kidnaper... Just because his killings happened during the show, all of you seem way more unforgiving of him than say Shrade who didn't even had someone to brainwash him into killing lots of people.

Sure Kagura is rash and has done tons of bad stuff but the worst he has done was because Mykage kind of brainwashed him.

And well let's not blame Kagura for Shushu's dislike of Amata, the fur ball is at fault here.

(And yes, Amata should totally go for someone less brain damaged, but for good or bad he is dead set on Mikono)

1.Your writing sucks.
2. Your reading sucks.
3. You have low self steem.

Next time try to argue with valid arguments, not throw a tantrum.
Old 2012-04-19, 12:41   Link #178
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teelatsuki View Post
Wow, so now Kagura is a mass murderer and kidnaper... Just because his killings happened during the show, all of you seem way more unforgiving of him than say Shrade who didn't even had someone to brainwash him into killing lots of people.
We don't know the entirety of his circumstances, but Shrade isn't the enemy. He's put his life on the line to protect his comrades. Kagura is. That's what pisses me off about Mikono's reaction.

And why did Shrade even enter into this? It doesn't matter what Shrade's done, Kagura has participated in the kidnapping and murder of civilians. That's a fact.

Quote:
Sure Kagura is rash and has done tons of bad stuff but the worst he has done was because Mykage kind of brainwashed him.
Yes, it is so much more reassuring that someone can just flip a switch to make him do anything.

Quote:
And well let's not blame Kagura for Shushu's dislike of Amata, the fur ball is at fault here.
I don't. I don't even blame Shushu who, until proven otherwise, is just an animal. I'm blaming Mikono for placing any stock in Shushu's opinion. It's not like it even has any kind of track record - it just hates everyone but Mikono and, now, Kagura.
Old 2012-04-19, 16:14   Link #179
Golos

Quote:
...How was she 'more than just jealous' ? Mind elaborating?
Well okay, she reached new levels of jealousy beyond her previous usual fits of jealousy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't. I don't even blame Shushu who, until proven otherwise, is just an animal.
More like Mikono's possessive empathy pet.

Quote:
I'm blaming Mikono for placing any stock in Shushu's opinion. It's not like it even has any kind of track record - it just hates everyone but Mikono and, now, Kagura.
My explanation is that Mikono was trying to rationalize her action and feelings. Granted, it was a poor rationalisation for them but given how much they confused her, it should be understandable that she was grasping at straws.
Old 2012-04-19, 17:08   Link #180
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golos View Post
Well okay, she reached new levels of jealousy beyond her previous usual fits of jealousy.
...How ? What made this one any different? If it's about Aquarion going berserk we know it's partly/mostly due to Zessica's unrequited love... And that Jealous was more like the lit match on her gasoline...
Closed Thread