AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-18, 16:57   Link #621
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 12, still hitting on all cylinders. I thought twintail Carol's voice was good: no wonder, she's played by Sawashiro Miyuki.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 17:35   Link #622
Mentar
Banned

Name's Cal. Definitely looking forward to more of her

Overall, a pretty smooth transition to chapter 2. And no matter what others may think, I absolutely LOVED the CG of the nightly skyline...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 19:57   Link #623
kaosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Episode 12, still hitting on all cylinders. I thought twintail Carol's voice was good: no wonder, she's played by Sawashiro Miyuki.
Wait what? count me in!

Should i watch the 10 first episode or does the recap will be enough to catch up with the story?
kaosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 20:46   Link #624
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosmos View Post
Wait what? count me in!

Should i watch the 10 first episode or does the recap will be enough to catch up with the story?
I think the recap should be enough unless you really want a more detailed look at Azuma's training and his relationship with Ein on their missions. I think the recap did a well enough job summing it up though.
Registered Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 20:46   Link #625
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosmos View Post
Wait what? count me in!

You kind of need the first 10 episodes. The recap glosses over things, but condensing 10 episodes into 15 minutes doesn't really work too well, as one might imagine.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 20:54   Link #626
Avisch
Reality Blender

Watched episode 11.

That was pretty good for a recap but even better was

Spoiler for ...:

Thats Sawashiro Miyuki? Damn I knew it was great familiar voice.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 23:10   Link #627
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Name's Cal. Definitely looking forward to more of her Overall, a pretty smooth transition to chapter 2. And no matter what others may think, I absolutely LOVED the CG of the nightly skyline...
Thanks for the English equivalent of キヤル. And I too adored that night skyline intro scene. Felt almost real. I even liked the choice of typeface. I liked the highway scene at the very end, too.

As for kaosmos's question about whether or not to watch the first ten eps, I'd probably say yes. I'm not sure that brief recap works well enough for someone who doesn't know the plot already. Although I understand that time is not limitless, and it might work anyway.

But the first ten eps are pretty good anime, in any case. Takagaki Ayahi does as good a job with Elen as Miyukichi is doing with Cal. And Hisakawa Aya as Claudia is pretty riveting, too. To say nothing of Irino Miyu as Reiji.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-06-19, 00:29   Link #628
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Saw the preview too for episode 12.

I have a feeling that some people may do some H-stuff with...

Spoiler for Scene in episode 12 preview:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 00:45   Link #629
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
The BGM was nice during the warehouse/succession scene. The succesion ceremony itself looked soooooooo chessy, if i was Reji id be like, lets skip this part
http://www.phantom-r.jp/goods_cd.html

The official site has 3 new CDs scheduled to be out next month. They have Ein and Zwei pieces, but my katakana reading skills can't tell if they're music pieces (And my kanji's almost non-existent, except for 50 words or so).

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 01:43   Link #630
Nightwing(T_T)
Sooo............sad

They really don't want to waste time don't they? since they start the second arc with a bang (with alot of meaning to that)

Spoiler for EP 12:

Another excellent episode not to mention the music that they played in the whole episode extremely good and fitting
Nightwing(T_T) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 12:36   Link #631
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
http://www.phantom-r.jp/goods_cd.html The official site has 3 new CDs scheduled to be out next month. They have Ein and Zwei pieces, but my katakana reading skills can't tell if they're music pieces (And my kanji's almost non-existent, except for 50 words or so).
The Ein and Zwei ones are maxi-singles of singing (by Takagaki Ayahi and by Irino Miyu, respectively) and the third is the first volume of the OST. Takagaki Ayahi actually has a degree in vocal music.
Old 2009-06-19, 21:07   Link #632
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Cal <3<3<3

Simply delighted about how episode 12 turned out. This is in some ways my favorite part of the story. The voicework for Cal is excellent, everything I could've hoped for. And I gotta admit to loving Zwei's makeover.
Old 2009-06-22, 06:21   Link #633
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Subbing goes really slowly for this week's episode, doesn't it?
Nayrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 06:33   Link #634
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Subbing goes really slowly for this week's episode, doesn't it?
Subbing has generally gotten slower recently. Must be exams + summer boredom.
Old 2009-06-22, 23:29   Link #635
Carrie Asagiri
Knight Saber

Send a message via MSN to Carrie Asagiri Send a message via Yahoo to Carrie Asagiri
I've been lurking in this forum for a while. I think Phantom is one of the best series of this current season and I must admit that now I'm with withdrawal symptoms regarding episode 12 and moreover with the darn preview we saw on episode 11 XD.
Yeah, is pretty slowly the subbing right now but in the meantime I keep playing the game
Carrie Asagiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 18:53   Link #636
kaosmos

Finally managed to catch up with the anime and i have to say,i love it,but it can be awfully depressing at time.

(and omg cal is so cute! )
kaosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 01:48   Link #637
karasuma

Just finished ep 1. Well, looks like we have a Kirika (Noir) clone, but with a chest.. Kirika caused me to hopelessly fall into the anime world.

The ED also sounds a lot like Madlax's OP.

Anyway, I hope this will be good.

Last edited by karasuma; 2009-06-25 at 02:16.
karasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 03:38   Link #638
klare

i just finished Madlax, it cannot be compared to Phantom's superior quality

now waiting patiently for the return of Ein
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 06:57   Link #639
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by karasuma View Post
Just finished ep 1. Well, looks like we have a Kirika (Noir) clone, but with a chest.. Kirika caused me to hopeless fall into the anime world.

The ED also sounds a lot like Madlax's OP.

Anyway, I hope this will be good.
That again, huh?

Please allow me to be the one to say what was told many and many times before... To tell the truth we can say Kirika is the real clone here!

You see, Noir was released in 2001 and the original Nitroplus' eroge Phantom of Inferno was released in 1999/2000. So Phantom predates Noir by one year.
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 08:21   Link #640
Carrie Asagiri
Knight Saber

Send a message via MSN to Carrie Asagiri Send a message via Yahoo to Carrie Asagiri
Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
i just finished Madlax, it cannot be compared to Phantom's superior quality

now waiting patiently for the return of Ein
The Phantom's superior quality is due to the time, Madlax is from 2004 and I think that its animation and art in general is still great. But talking about story, both series are pretty different and I think that Kuroda and Mashimo (same team working in Phantom) did an a excelllent job there.
Carrie Asagiri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen