AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-08, 18:13   Link #361
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Wait, so if Q-feuille is about 7-8 years old, was she a clone or a genetically engineered human or what? In any case, I never would have guessed given that she's supposedly the more mature half of the Asceour/Q-feuille partnership.

There's definitely something odd about Dia though. I'm thinking that perhaps ES Members are not born, but made by the GTO itself, or something. We'll see.
Old 2009-11-08, 18:15   Link #362
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So, yeah, once in a blue moon, her power comes in handy. But does that really justify keeping her around?
Nope. Get rid of her and bring back Eclaire and Lumiere. Or those new look-alikes that appeared an episode or two back.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 18:18   Link #363
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Nope. Get rid of her and bring back Eclaire and Lumiere. Or those new look-alikes that appeared an episode or two back.
I have to say... I'm really hoping that, at the very least, we get a couple episodes focusing primarily on the new look-alikes.

Ascoeur wouldn't be a problem if she was just some wandering super-powered person going to school and whatnot... like a MU mutant... but as an ES candidate, she leaves a lot to be desired. Director Hiver must really have a fetish for how she looks, and that's all that's keeping her around, lol.
Old 2009-11-08, 22:24   Link #364
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
The veterans are too busy doing things that matter to train newbies.
In the manga Ascoeur and Q-feuille had spent 6 months accompanying The Tweedle Twin and the Buddhist couple respectively on missions being being assigned to work together in the cafe. I'm assuming this holds true for the anime also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
They really are C-class(Asceur and Q-Feuille)? Somehow I doubt it, because with that power they should be on missions already. Or maybe they aren't mature and experienced enough? Quite possible actually.
Their "Rank" is given as C-
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 22:40   Link #365
GDB

Until they make at least some vague reference to it, I'm not assuming anything to be true from the manga.

Also, there's a manga?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 00:58   Link #366
karasuma

Ah!!!!! Ep 3 now. Where is the kickass action scene and nifty super power?!?
karasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 11:53   Link #367
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Until they make at least some vague reference to it, I'm not assuming anything to be true from the manga.
Also, there's a manga?
The manga has been running in Comp Ace since March, the first tankoubon was released at the end of September. They have the same writer and the same characters - however Dia is, thus far, original to the anime, as are Rubis and Saphir (Torch and Shade have appeared in neither). On the other hand, A-ou and Un-ou have yet to appear in the anime, as have Pauk and Letuchie, while Troyes and Trixie didn't show up till chapter 6 (the end of volume 1).
The manga started earlier than the anime, with Ascoeur on her final training mission with Tweedledee and Tweedledum before being partnered with Q-feuille and assigned as waitresses. I've only seen a translation of the first chapter, but most chapters basically consist of them being attacked by some men in black with various mecha while out on errands and defeating them so neither have got very far anyway.
Old 2009-11-09, 15:46   Link #368
HandofFate

about the CCS reference in episode 3, is there any connection with the VA cast or studio production to it, or is it just a random reference.
Old 2009-11-09, 22:57   Link #369
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
about the CCS reference in episode 3, is there any connection with the VA cast or studio production to it, or is it just a random reference.
I think it was fairly random (although it was planned in advance - look out for references in the previous episode), but they had Yui Makino do her voice - she was Sakura in Tsubasa Chronicles.
Old 2009-11-10, 04:39   Link #370
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
And how is Sakura in Tsubasa Chronicles related to CCS's Sakura ?

.. Anyway, I just came here to ask that if the first '' season '' of this series is any relevant? Should I watch the first season first before watching this one, because I can't seem to even see any real '' story '' in this anime, thus it doesn't feel like a continuation.
Old 2009-11-10, 12:02   Link #371
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Like most of the characters in Tsubasa, Sakura is an alternate universe version of the CCS Sakura (where Clow was her father and Fujitaka was Syaoran's adoptive father, she'salso older).

So far the first series has little bearing on this one, although there might be more in the next episode given it's title but I wouldn't expect an immense degree. As it stands I think you're more likely to spoil certain elements of the first series if you were thinking of watching it later rather than missing out on anything major, but there's no way of knowing what will come later when (if) it finally get's serious. Currently I'd liken it to Gatekeepers - I watched GK21 first and enjoyed it, although I missed out on some of the cameos and references and spoiled myself on one of the characters from the first series when I later watched it.
Old 2009-11-10, 17:07   Link #372
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Oh yeah damn, I totally forgot CCS is also by Clamp.. my bad.

Thanks also for the information about the first series.. Gotta think about if I have time/interest to even watch it. I kinda like KG2 as it is now, pretty relaxing and funny. Not that I mind if it gets serious, though.
Old 2009-11-11, 02:02   Link #373
gonzo562

is season 1 kiddy grade any good

i havent watched season 1 or 2 yet :><
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 10:22   Link #374
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Damn, now I feel dirty for thinking Q-Feuille's sexy.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 11:52   Link #375
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Well, being 7 years old may explain some of her more childish reactions and why she can put up with Asceour.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 11:52   Link #376
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Regardless of whatever age she actually is, she still has the body of a 16-year old and that's the "sexy" part. If you didn't find her sexy until she said she was 7, that would be "dirty".
Old 2009-11-12, 00:25   Link #377
Kalshion
Insane Story Writer Nut

So her physical appereance is as a sixteen year old girl, her mental state is a mature teenager *Which is rare in todays society, but anyway....* and yet, her actual age is 7?

She'd have to either be a clone, a genetically altered humam being, or perhaps cyborg... and I don't like the cyborg part since we haven't seen any indication of that being the case.

Otherwise, I guess we'll need to wait until later.

Actually, if Ascoeur is also seven years old, could that explain why the Director and the others tolerate her?

Last edited by Kalshion; 2009-11-12 at 00:44.
Kalshion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 01:49   Link #378
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalshion View Post
So her physical appereance is as a sixteen year old girl, her mental state is a mature teenager *Which is rare in todays society, but anyway....* and yet, her actual age is 7?

She'd have to either be a clone, a genetically altered humam being, or perhaps cyborg... and I don't like the cyborg part since we haven't seen any indication of that being the case.

Otherwise, I guess we'll need to wait until later.

Actually, if Ascoeur is also seven years old, could that explain why the Director and the others tolerate her?
You can pretty much rule out cyborgs. The Kiddy Grade universe have reached such an advanced tech in nanomachines, that they don't use blocks of metal to replace human bodyparts anymore. Artificial organs? Sure. But cybernetics, as in something visibly mechanical, is so antiquated to them, it is the equivalent of a steam engine in our time.
Old 2009-11-12, 02:27   Link #379
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Well, but they can be still cyborgs...or maybe more likely androids. If the ES agents' body made up entirely of nanomachines then they're pretty much machines even if they're like humans. But it's been confirmed the very least that they're artifical humans, the very least after their first change of body.

Anyways, I doubt Asceour is 7 years old. She's probably older guessing from Q-Feuille's talk and the funny sketch mid-episode. Maybe she's as old as physically things suggest...
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 02:27   Link #380
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Could be a robot brain.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote