AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-03-08, 13:45   Link #1
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

What other ways to say Chidori?

Just curious about this since I haven't heard Kakashi say "Chidori" or "Lightning Edge" in the longest of time and started calling it w/ another name...which escapes me right now...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 13:47   Link #2
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

The first time Kakashi did his chidori (against Zabuza) he said Raikiri!

That was probably the only time he called it by it's name...against Orochimaru he didnt mention the name...since it was not the time to act cool against that monster.

Anyway Chidori and Raikiri are the same as told by Gai.
Mr. Johnny 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 13:51   Link #3
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
The other name is Raikiri. In the end Chodory has only 2 names. Chidory and Raikiri. Only difference si that Raikiri is concidered much stronger then chidory since it is said that Kakashi once used it to cult a lightning bolt.
EadTaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 14:11   Link #4
Ero-Senn1n

I remember that at the chuunin exam Gai explained the two names given to the jutsu of his eternal rival:
1, the legend says he cut through lightning with it
2, it has a sound like a thousand chirping birds
I don't remember which was one which, someone knowing the japanese language should explain.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 14:20   Link #5
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n
I remember that at the chuunin exam Gai explained the two names given to the jutsu of his eternal rival:
1, the legend says he cut through lightning with it
2, it has a sound like a thousand chirping birds
I don't remember which was one which, someone knowing the japanese language should explain.

2, it has a sound like a thousand chirping birds: Chidory

1, the legend says he cut through lightning with it: Raikiryi
EadTaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 15:04   Link #6
Rurik
Golden

I think I argued this with Mr Johnny and Ero-senn1n before-about why one is different than the other-but I’m not into that , so I just wanted to add, that the official Databook indicates Raikiri as an S-Rank Jutsu, and the Chidory as A-rank Jutsu.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 00:20   Link #7
ri0

Well perhaps the Raikiri is a more powerful version, where Kakashi used more Chakra or moved at a higher speed. Otherwise I can't explain how he cut a lightning^^
So only more strikepower than the normal Chidori.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 00:27   Link #8
fremeer

well data book lists raikiri with a higher jutsu lvl, but the manga said they same thing. stupid kishimoto and his inability to keep some semblence of continuacy
fremeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 00:36   Link #9
Jacko3000

well if you want the actual meaning of the name "Chidori", its "Thousand Birds" (due to the sound made by that Jutsu)
Jacko3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 00:43   Link #10
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
chi-do-ri
chee-door-ree
chie-dore-ri
and so on

repeat for every language, and u get over bajillion ways to say chidori
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 15:15   Link #11
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Isn't it possible that the legend about him cutting through lightning with the Chidori means that he was able to use it effectively against the Yellow Flash Yondaime, mwahaha, afterall he is as fast as lightning.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 15:23   Link #12
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

According to the Anime that i watch Gai said (not literally):

With some speed the jutsu makes a sound as if 1000 birds are passing by..therefor the name "Chidori"
Chidori... also Raikiri..that is the alias it got when Kakashi once cut through lightning with it.
Ino: that sounds lame

In the end it's the same name..
a "jab"... i once knocked out an old man with it...so i called it "punch" in the end the jab is the same as my new nickname for it...punch.

I doubt there is more to it.
Old 2006-03-09, 15:44   Link #13
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5

In the end it's the same name..
a "jab"... i once knocked out an old man with it...so i called it "punch" in the end the jab is the same as my new nickname for it...punch.

I doubt there is more to it.

But The punch example should not be used, Punch is everything that it is related to a close fist, but Jab and uppercut are to different types of Punches…What can I say? IM bored, so I’m nitpicking right now..Im sorry Johnny, that you are at the receiving end of my nitpicks!

Edit: What is happening to the Forum? thgis is driving me Mad
Old 2006-03-09, 19:54   Link #14
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fremeer
well data book lists raikiri with a higher jutsu lvl, but the manga said they same thing. stupid kishimoto and his inability to keep some semblence of continuacy
I doubt Kishimoto wrote the Data Book himself. He does have to keep up with the weekly series -- extra time to write 270 pages of Data Book doesn't materialize out of nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
But The punch example should not be used, Punch is everything that it is related to a close fist, but Jab and uppercut are to different types of Punches…What can I say? IM bored, so I’m nitpicking right now..Im sorry Johnny, that you are at the receiving end of my nitpicks!

What's happening to the forum?
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 20:06   Link #15
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
What's happening to the forum?
I think there's some kind of server mix/mess up, as people are unable to see the last page in a thread sometimes, and occasionally see the 'White Screen of Death', an automatic double (or more) posting. It's been happening for a couple of days now, I guess it's still going on.

On topic, I doubt the name change matters really (except of the excessive noise produced by what is effectively an assassination jutsu - kind of defeating the purpose), it's the same jutsu.
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 11:59   Link #16
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:

atleast you (probably) understood my point
Old 2006-03-10, 14:34   Link #17
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
I doubt Kishimoto wrote the Data Book himself. He does have to keep up with the weekly series -- extra time to write 270 pages of Data Book doesn't materialize out of nowhere.
That's the purpose of slav... assistants.
Most of the Data books is merely infos directly collected in the manga so it doesn't need much work. There are only some bio and more rarely some jutsu which had to require Kishimoto's ideas about them.
Since I saw that the charaters stats aren't mean to be compared with each others I feel a lot better about these books.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 15:55   Link #18
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
I think I argued this with Mr Johnny and Ero-senn1n before-[I]about why one is different than the other-but I’m not into that[/I] , so I just wanted to add, that the official Databook indicates Raikiri as an S-Rank Jutsu, and the Chidory as A-rank Jutsu.
We certainly did...an endless (since it's still an) discussion for days and perhaps weeks.

Some discussion will last...like: "who is the strongest" or this one.

Actually you cant argue about it when it is in the databook...but in this case it's different. Since it was said that the jutsu had another alias therefor the jutsu shouldnt be different. [Chidori also Raikiri]..that's all i say otherwise we will remain to debate about this for years..
Old 2006-03-10, 16:05   Link #19
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5
Actually you cant argue about it when it is in the databook...but in this case it's different. Since it was said that the jutsu had another alias therefor the jutsu shouldnt be different. [Chidori also Raikiri]..that's all i say otherwise we will remain to debate about this for years..
Yeah, but I see it as the same as Taijou Kage Bushin, or Odoma Rasengan.

Gai only said that Raikiri was the nickname thats it got, but the Databook states why one is different from the other.

Either way, Databook is the only source of information that tell us the level of almost every Jutsu, so I don’t see why there is denial of accepting this as it is said by Kishimoto.
Old 2006-03-10, 16:10   Link #20
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Yeah, but I see it as the same as Taijou Kage Bushin, or Odoma Rasengan.

Gai only said that Raikiri was the nickname thats it got, but the Databook states why one is different from the other.

Either way, Databook is the only source of information that tell us the level of almost every Jutsu, so I don’t see why there is denial of accepting this as it is said by Kishimoto.
But the appreance of Taijou Kage Bunshin and Oodama Rasengan is different.
Raikiri and Chidori look exactly the same.

T.K.B. = just more clones...weird to put them a higher class but ok..
Oodama Rasengan = Looks really different and the impact is also different from a normal Rasengan..Oodama Rasengan i believe has the Kyuubi Chakra + Normal Chakra within it and is significantly larger in size.