AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-02-07, 01:59   Link #6021
Ktox
????

Hi. New to AnimeSuki =D
First, thanks Witch-Hunt and Unknown Beast (and everyone else involved) for the English patches.
Then... How many TIPS are left to translate in Tsubasa?
And, is there a plan of translating Ougon Musou Kyoku's (the fighting game) dialogues? Cause there are some endings that are just hilarious or dramatic, yet I can't fully understand what are they saying Dx
Thanks

See ya
Ktox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 03:03   Link #6022
AlexiaCarcera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktox View Post
Hi. New to AnimeSuki =D
First, thanks Witch-Hunt and Unknown Beast (and everyone else involved) for the English patches.
Then... How many TIPS are left to translate in Tsubasa?
And, is there a plan of translating Ougon Musou Kyoku's (the fighting game) dialogues? Cause there are some endings that are just hilarious or dramatic, yet I can't fully understand what are they saying Dx
Thanks

See ya

I believe 2 TIPS are untranslated, as well as part of 1.

Witch-Hunt staff has mentioned that they are going to translate Umineko 8 before doing anything else, and may or may not translate Ougon.
Old 2011-02-07, 03:26   Link #6023
Ktox
????

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexiaCarcera View Post
I believe 2 TIPS are untranslated, as well as part of 1.
Okay, thanks for the info- Gonna wait till it's 100% =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexiaCarcera View Post
Witch-Hunt staff has mentioned that they are going to translate Umineko 8 before doing anything else, and may or may not translate Ougon.
Know nothing about possible independent or non-WH translations? (just like UnknownBeast's Tsubasa one)
Ktox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 21:10   Link #6024
5-pak

So, just double checking, EP8 translation is still in the process right? I couldn't tell if it had been released and I'd missed it or what and I've been getting worried.
5-pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 22:16   Link #6025
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-pak View Post
So, just double checking, EP8 translation is still in the process right?
Yup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig
It looks like the EP8 patch will be delayed a bit, possibly for another week or so. Some compatibility issues, as well as a total lack of time are the causes. If this continues, we might just wait until the 50% patch before releasing.
Quote:
I couldn't tell if it had been released and I'd missed it or what and I've been getting worried.
Well Klashikari made the episode 8 thread a couple months ago. And there have been some summaries made of scenes in the game.

Spoilers day was basically my new years. So it was great!
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 03:01   Link #6026
CainSonozaki

Quick question

I had moved to a new laptop and have misplaced my copy of Alliance, but i had installed in on my old laptop and moved the Umineko4 folder onto my external. Would i just be able to "drag and drop" so to speak and play it on my new laptop just fine?
Right now the time where magic advents.
I am Beatrice-sama! Ahaha"
CainSonozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 03:38   Link #6027
Vampe
Otaku Witch of Ubuntu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CainSonozaki View Post
Quick question

I had moved to a new laptop and have misplaced my copy of Alliance, but i had installed in on my old laptop and moved the Umineko4 folder onto my external. Would i just be able to "drag and drop" so to speak and play it on my new laptop just fine?
Yes you should be able to do that whitout problems. you should even be able to play it from your external, (however the save files are not in umineko4 folder so you will have to start over from the beggining like if it was a completly new install.)
Vampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 16:11   Link #6028
Snobaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampe View Post
Yes you should be able to do that whitout problems. you should even be able to play it from your external, (however the save files are not in umineko4 folder so you will have to start over from the beggining like if it was a completly new install.)
And if you want to transfer over the saved games, they are in C:/ProgramData/UminekoX (x referring to the episode number).

You can just transfer those folders to ProgramData on your other machine and you'll be good to go
Snobaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 08:00   Link #6029
ghost_zero5

Actually the save game path should depend on the OS used. For XP it is definitely not ProgramData.
I believe there it was somewhere in C:\Documents and Settings\Username
ghost_zero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 09:00   Link #6030
Vampe
Otaku Witch of Ubuntu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_zero5 View Post
Actually the save game path should depend on the OS used. For XP it is definitely not ProgramData.
I believe there it was somewhere in C:\Documents and Settings\Username
and for Ubuntu(probably same in all linux versions) its in "~/.uminekoX/" (it's a hidden folder in your users home folder. X refering to your version of umineko)
Vampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 12:27   Link #6031
ghost_zero5

It should be all Linux versions - well at least it is for me (I use mainly Linux, so I actually wasn't able to even verify the ProgramData but I know that XP doesn't have that folder)

I guess this is also the case for MAC but I am not sure there
Old 2011-02-12, 11:39   Link #6032
Roto

The Mac versions keep the saved data in ~/Library/Application Support/UminekoN. On the Mac, there's also an item under the help menu called "Show Save Files" that does what it says, so it's easy to find them.
Roto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 17:44   Link #6033
ghost_zero5

Ah, OK.
Interesting to know.

A bit off-topic but this "Show Save Files" is for Umineko/Onscripter only or for all programs because though it would be kind of handy for all programs, I wonder how it would know that those files are indeed save files
Old 2011-02-12, 22:31   Link #6034
Roto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_zero5 View Post
A bit off-topic but this "Show Save Files" is for Umineko/Onscripter only or for all programs because though it would be kind of handy for all programs, I wonder how it would know that those files are indeed save files
It's something I added to recent Mac versions of ONScripter-EN while I was adding other bits of the help system. It wouldn't really generalize to other programs; the centrally-located save folder that you don't normally interact with directly is more of a game thing (don't want to interrupt the user experience with OS save/load interfaces) and appears less in normal software.
Old 2011-02-13, 18:49   Link #6035
kanketsu

Hi Roto, are there any plans to improve the secondary display playback for ep8 patch? This:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...51#post3398051
kanketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 19:47   Link #6036
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampe View Post
and for Ubuntu(probably same in all linux versions) its in "~/.uminekoX/" (it's a hidden folder in your users home folder. X refering to your version of umineko)
so, here I've been going to Windows only to play Umineko just to find out that it's possible to play in Ubuntu after all? D:

How do you install the game and the patch?

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 20:51   Link #6037
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Running Umineko under Linux.

First, you'll need to install onscripter-en

1) Install subversion.
2) Grab the onscripter-en source
$ svn co http://svn.haeleth.net/onscr/trunk/
3) cd into the trunk directory and do a ./configure && make && sudo make install

If your Umineko directory is readable under Linux, you can just cd into the appropriate directory and run onscripter-en.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 21:25   Link #6038
Roto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
1) Install subversion.
2) Grab the onscripter-en source
$ svn co http://svn.haeleth.net/onscr/trunk/
3) cd into the trunk directory and do a ./configure && make && sudo make install.
That repository hasn't been updated in at least a year or two now. Please use the versions here, whether you use one of the prebuilt binaries or check out from the repository.

Quote:
Hi Roto, are there any plans to improve the secondary display playback for ep8 patch?
I unfortunately don't have the spare cycles to do much more than the essential stuff to get the patches out lately, and that one's going to take a bit of SDL hacking to make it work. For the time being, my suggestion would be to set the window-width in your ons-cfg so that it almost fills the desired monitor and play that way. Not the same, I know, but it'll have to work until I get some time to take a look at this (or someone sends me a workable patch.)
Old 2011-02-13, 22:11   Link #6039
kanketsu

Ah, so I should stick to clamshell mode for a little longer..

no problem. thanks for your work, Roto.
kanketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 15:35   Link #6040
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

no posts here in about 5days but any1 have any idea on the eta of the ep8 teaser patch?

Tags
translation