AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-23, 10:31   Link #41
Frontier

Tinasha has a lot of cute little pet familiars, but it seems like she has a budding Gal Pal in Sylvia! Nothing says friendship like cutting each others' hair and talking about romantic interests .

I love how Oscar introduces Tinasha immediately to his dad (Toshiyuki Morikawa?) as the woman he wants to marry and they then begin bickering like a couple right in front of him. And the king just rolls with it .

I don't know is up with Miralys and Valt, but they run into a white-haired mage who seems to have some kind of relationship or history with Tinasha and is apparently someone she's looking for...wait, "in every history" he treats her terribly? Is this some kind of alternate timeline business? Though I guess we don't get long to dwell on that because Valt gets erased from existence! Jeez .

Why does Oscar bring Lazar anywhere? All he does is complain and end up being a liability or reveal Oscar's real feelings to the Witch of the Forbidden Forest Lucrezia, voiced by none other than Ayako Kawasumi .

Lucrezia is an "old friend" of Tinasha's and enjoys the gossip of her current attachment to Oscar, and seems game for getting Tinasha laid. Sure if she loses her virginity it'll take more power to do her magic, but she's powerful enough that it's no big deal .

Of course you should never let your guard down around a witch, and while she didn't give Oscar anything to get Tinasha into bed with him physically...she did leave a whammy on him that made him dream of her in bed with him while draining his life force all at the same time (and not even getting to remember the erotic dreams). A deadly "gift" if anything. And she also let her scent on Oscar that only Tinasha could smell so she would be the first to notice and get to act the part of the jealous lover .

Dang, did not expect this to end with Tinasha making Oscar in his dreams break her dream selfs' neck. Therapeutic for Tinasha, but emotionally traumatizing for Oscar .

And after all this Tinasha and Lucrezia still end up shooting the breeze like old friends, especially when Lucrezia enjoys messing with and flustering Tinasha (which anything involving Oscar is wont to do), though she also makes Tinasha realize how much Oscar DOES care about her. She even throws in Oscar's blood and sperm that she just so happened to have to help break the curse .

Well, it's not the same as his dream, but Oscar does end up taking Tinasha to bed as they mutually apologize and hug it out. So it seems like their relationship did progress a little .
Old 2024-04-23, 11:27   Link #42
grecefar

it wasn't a good way to do it but lucrezia did help to create a nice moment between them and make tinasha realized that oscar is serious about her.

another thing, I have to know why oscar bear with lazar so much. There has to be a good reason for that and not only they are childhood friends.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-23, 15:16   Link #43
magnuskn

Lazar is the kind of guy who'd stick his head into an egg from Alien. How stupid can you be?

Also, witch "society" is kinda f-ed up. Putting a deadly curse on someone as a prank and keeping their sperm and blood is a bit beyond a "haha!" moment, although I think in the end it was more to bring Tinasha a bit out of her shell.

Last edited by magnuskn; 2024-04-23 at 15:40. Reason: Added some more thoughts
magnuskn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-23, 18:07   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Other than bigger boobs, I'm not seeing much change in Tinasha's appearance. It's okay since she already had a great design, bigger boobs only make it better.

The episode basically confirmed the story involves time travel, though I have no idea who those two people who collected Tinasha's blood were. They don't seem like enemies at least, unlike the guy who was said to make her suffer in every history/timeline. There was also a moment where Oscar got dizzy and saw a vision of Tinasha, saying he felt like he was on the verge of remembering something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Also, witch "society" is kinda f-ed up. Putting a deadly curse on someone as a prank and keeping their sperm and blood is a bit beyond a "haha!" moment, although I think in the end it was more to bring Tinasha a bit out of her shell.
They're an object of fear for the entire world. The show had to provide a reason, even if it's just them being whimsical and not thinking anything of human lives. Lucrezia is most likely among the nicest ones, too.
Old 2024-04-23, 19:39   Link #45
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Other than bigger boobs, I'm not seeing much change in Tinasha's appearance. It's okay since she already had a great design, bigger boobs only make it better.
She did look a bit taller .
Quote:
The episode basically confirmed the story involves time travel, though I have no idea who those two people who collected Tinasha's blood were. They don't seem like enemies at least, unlike the guy who was said to make her suffer in every history/timeline. There was also a moment where Oscar got dizzy and saw a vision of Tinasha, saying he felt like he was on the verge of remembering something.
I don't know if that vision was another timeline or some recollection of his erotic dreams .
Old 2024-04-23, 21:30   Link #46
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I feel like Tinasha is mostly in the right in this episode. He had to kill her to break the spell. Sure snapping her neck wouldn't leave a good taste...but is there a way to murder her in that dream that would leave a good taste?

Plus it's Oscar's fault for not mentioning what happened. If he fessed up immediately she might have been able to break the spell without any excess trouble. He was rightfully chewed out for ignoring that he isn't invulnerable. She spelled it out that poison and psychological attacks wouldn't be guarded against and he manage to expose himself to both in one episode! It's also Lucrezia's fault for pulling that stunt. Shows the sociopath nature of some witches. She nearly killed someone to send a "hey there" message. I think Witches have exactly the right reputation in that world!

Also I love that this is the one time Lazar can keep his damn mouth shut! He causes nothing but problems and somehow manages to make the worst choice in every possible situation. That idiot couldn't have messed up more in this episode if he tried. Walks into an incredibly obvious trap, gets poisoned, reveals information that Lucrezia didn't need to know, doesn't tell Tinasha what happened and that led to Oscar getting nearly killed! This man is one of the greatest wastes of space I've ever seen !

I'm guessing the two mysterious people we saw are either time travelers or they can see alternate timelines. Heck maybe one or both of them are children of Tinasha and Oscar from the future. Although maybe not. While they didn't care for the guy that attacked them, they also didn't seem overly concerned that she got hurt fighting that monster.
Old 2024-04-24, 11:38   Link #47
scififan

I heard the story is going to be outlandish. Hopefully, the anime will make the story seems normal.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-24, 14:56   Link #48
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I feel like Tinasha is mostly in the right in this episode. He had to kill her to break the spell. Sure snapping her neck wouldn't leave a good taste...but is there a way to murder her in that dream that would leave a good taste?

Plus it's Oscar's fault for not mentioning what happened. If he fessed up immediately she might have been able to break the spell without any excess trouble. He was rightfully chewed out for ignoring that he isn't invulnerable. She spelled it out that poison and psychological attacks wouldn't be guarded against and he manage to expose himself to both in one episode! It's also Lucrezia's fault for pulling that stunt. Shows the sociopath nature of some witches. She nearly killed someone to send a "hey there" message. I think Witches have exactly the right reputation in that world!

Also I love that this is the one time Lazar can keep his damn mouth shut! He causes nothing but problems and somehow manages to make the worst choice in every possible situation. That idiot couldn't have messed up more in this episode if he tried. Walks into an incredibly obvious trap, gets poisoned, reveals information that Lucrezia didn't need to know, doesn't tell Tinasha what happened and that led to Oscar getting nearly killed! This man is one of the greatest wastes of space I've ever seen !

I'm guessing the two mysterious people we saw are either time travelers or they can see alternate timelines. Heck maybe one or both of them are children of Tinasha and Oscar from the future. Although maybe not. While they didn't care for the guy that attacked them, they also didn't seem overly concerned that she got hurt fighting that monster.
Pretty sure Tiansha could pursue other way to fix that (For one she could just ask her friend to call it off), but she choose this particular method to punish Oscar. She definitelly went too far with it.
Old 2024-04-24, 16:18   Link #49
Frontier

I think the idea was that she didn't realize just how mentally traumatizing it would be for Oscar to make him kill her in her dreams until she realized his feelings were more genuine.

Also does Valt resemble Oscar to anyone else?
Old 2024-04-24, 17:12   Link #50
Decel

Dropped. Decent production quality but story-wise it feels like we're drifting aimlessly. The core plot feels like it's taking too long to set up.
Old 2024-04-26, 02:16   Link #51
Alchemist007
*Author

I felt like she went from prude to physically intimate a bit fast there.
Old 2024-04-26, 04:00   Link #52
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
That ending felt weirdly stiff as hell. I can't put my finger on it, but the way it was depicted... it didn't feel natural. I don't know if its because he grabs her by the waist and sits her on his lap BEFORE saying sorry, or the lack of emotion in the scene itself. Maybe its just their personalities that make it so. Either way, it didn't have any impact for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

Yeah, agree that Oscar dropped the ball here. Last ep, Tinasha didn't just dart off; when she had to go somewhere, she told him she had something to do and didn't try to hide anything from him, but then this ep he sneaks off w/o telling her, even meeting a witch, and decides that meeting another witch isn't something she needs to know?

And then Lazar; wholeheartedly agree that he is a complete f'king idiot! All the stuff you mentioned were the same things that ticked me off. The fact that he told Lucrezia about Oscar's intent to marry, but DIDN'T say anything about the witch to Tinasha is super frustrating to watch! Its like he is there JUST so Oscar can get into a predicament for the story. It makes absolutely no sense to be the crown prince with a whole freakin' army, and your only entourage is a useless... whatever! I don't even know what he is; a porter? an attendant? It makes no sense, even if you consider Oscar being unable to take physical damage.

Last edited by frubam; 2024-04-28 at 05:43.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-27, 03:12   Link #53
Sides

Three episodes in and we are unsure what the story is about. Is it about someone trying to find a way to lift a curse or is it about a narcissist badgering someone into submission.
First episode was kind of fun, but now Oscar's character is really off-putting and tiring.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-27, 03:57   Link #54
Tenzen12

Narcissist? Maybe. Badgering into submission? That's stretch if I ever seen one. He is badgering her into marrying him and marriage is certainly not synonymous with submission. On top of that Tiansha consented for him to do so when she accepted their deal.
Old 2024-04-29, 00:53   Link #55
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I felt like she went from prude to physically intimate a bit fast there.
You're not alone. When they had that last scene there, it felt pretty out of place this early; like someone accidently mixed in a scene from around the end of the season heh. Maybe the writer is just chomping at the bit to write some romance and wants them to move it along already

Tinasha said poison and psych attacks are still an issue. Given the green glow when she flicked her hand I'd assume she uses magic to attack his mind. I'd have thought having the anti-magic sword would have helped. Maybe it has to actually be drawn? I wonder if he runs into her again later in the story if he's gonna be all cool with her or not. Protags tend to forgive enemies of anything, especially when they're hot. She acts like it was no big deal and Tinasha doesn't seem particularly bothered either, but in his shoes I'd be livid and ready to skewer her with that anti-mage sword next time we meet heh.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-30, 10:35   Link #56
Frontier

I see Oscar can pretty much flex on all the other knights in basically casual wear. I love how Tinasha realized what was about to happen before he invited her to spar and go all out against him. Though probably anybody would enjoy a show of these two going at it .

Does Tinasha want to die? Or does she see a future where that is likely to happen and thinks it's likely she'll meet her fate at Oscar's blade? Or is that just her preference? Seemed like she's trying to teach him how to fight people like her, or her specifically, if it came down to it. She says she has no intention of dying, especially because she still has to break Oscar's curse, but what about after that? She had this slight pause when Oscar asked her. Maybe she's tired of living so long, searching for someone ?

I see Miralys has infiltrated the palace as a mage and Tinasha realizes who she is...or does she ?

So Lucrezia is now just a frequent visitor to the capital? Watch your blood and sperm .

I guess it's not too surprising that others would start to notice or realize where Tinasha is holed up, especially if they are aware of her under another name and another lifetime. But what's up with this Aeti identity ?

I know Meredina was brainwashed but was at least part of the accusations against Tinasha her own feelings? She's had a bad attitude since the moment she met Tinasha. Although it's not like Tinasha hasn't internalized accusations of tempting men and stealing hearts when she's never set out to do so for probably centuries. She doesn't even remember how to cry .

Tinasha takes Oscar back to the tower for more training and to make him even deadlier against a mage, while also making him realize his own magic potential and how that can let him see magic attacks that others can't. Though I can't help but think she's mostly training him to be able to kill her .

I see where this back-and-forth is going...Oscar falls asleep on Tinasha's shoulder, she puts him in a storeroom to sleep. Oscar touches her hip without permission, she makes him drink bitter tea .

So people are still challenging Tinasha's tower I see. That poor adventuring party going up against the worst possible opponent in Oscar. Dude soloed them .

Why do I feel like the head of the independent mage nation is going to be someone Tinasha knows...

RIP General Eddar. We barely knew ye outside characters talking about you and flashbacks. Though I guess Miralys really did care about him enough to seek revenge against his killer .

So General Als is now let into the inner circle and asking the obvious question: "Why DOESN'T Tinasha just marry Oscar?" Even she can't come up with a good excuse as to why, though his teasing people doesn't help his case .
Old 2024-04-30, 16:24   Link #57
grecefar

I guess this is it for me, it started pretty good but it just got boring for me. Drop.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-30, 16:35   Link #58
magnuskn

Gotta say, how the show handled Meredina getting mind-controlled didn't seem very well written. She attacks Tinasha, and Tinasha, just for being challenged by someone who clearly is not in their right mind, goes off to sulk? And we don't even see Meredinas reaction after she was cured? And the guilty diplomat also gets off scot free? Well, for a bit, but it should have really been quite obvious who was responsible for the mind-control. Not wild about the show rather focusing on Oscar getting a training montage.

Seems they are pretty much rushing through a lot of story.
Old 2024-04-30, 17:07   Link #59
Tenzen12

I mean arresting/killing diplomats without any evidence is not exactly classy move, Tiansha sulking is fairly obviously not result of this particular encounter alone. Meredinas just poked sore spot.

As for girl knight herself I don't think it's too late adress her feelings lon matter later as whole this affari isn't really relevant enough to spend time on right now imho.
Old 2024-04-30, 17:53   Link #60
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Wait, the maid is actually the girl who escaped with Tinasha's blood last episode? I completely missed that. She looks different, so what gives it away exactly?