AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-25, 07:59   Link #4941
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Fair enough... Welcome on board.
Old 2013-08-25, 08:18   Link #4942
Keats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
- The favorite in the shadow of the main plan = Aiwass.
- Mikoto's father isn't friend with Aleister.
- Aleister's plan is not to wipe out the magic side, that was Tsuchimikado's wild guess.
- Vol.22 points out who... what is important to Aleister.
I think Gensei meant that Mikoto is the favorite, but that's just personal opinion, of course ;-)

I thought that at some point Mikoto's father was in the same room as Aleister, but I don't remember for sure, so I won't comment any more on that part. I still think they're friends, since he let Aleister experiment on his daughter, she lives in AC under basically AC protection. When Mikoto was in Hawaii and some bad guys wanted to kill her, they decided not to because that would have meant war with AC. AC wouldn't go to war for just anybody's daughter. Even if she is a level 5. Once again, personal opinion.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Mikoto has never really wanted to do anything with the dark side, but if she had, it would have been easy for her to overpower/take control of Last Order, and use the Misaka network for herself. I think that would easily make her a level 6. She would also be able to control Accelarator freely, by providing him calculation power, and a Misaka clone to provide energy to his device continously (although Last Order could do that).
She can't she would need to tune her own brain to have the same brainwaves of Last Order and the Sisters. Thats what Gensei did trough Exterior.

She couldn't control Accelerator either. The calculation power of Accelerator compared to Misaka is like 100000:1 and he awakened with zero calculation power while Mikoto with her own had to be forced through the Misaka Network and still is a failure, she looks more like a demon and not an angel.
But since the Sisters are clones of Mikoto, aren't all their brainwaves the same? Gensei took over Mikoto through the Misaka-network, and not by beeping his remote-control (ie by using Exterior). Even Misaki, when she had control over Exterior, was not able to control Mikoto. The only way the Misaka-network would be able to overpower Mikoto is if they shared the same brainwaves... otherwise, the Misaka-network would be able to overtake the whole city.. basically everybody, without needing Exterior. So, if they have the same brainwaves, Mikoto should be able to control the Misaka-network, if she were strong enough to do so. She probably isn't, since she got taken over herself.

As to controlling Accelerator; whoever controls the Misaka network has 'control' over him, since they can take away his calculation ability.
Old 2013-08-25, 08:23   Link #4943
Keats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
So I agree with you somewhat. But let me put it this way. What I like about Touma is actually the fact that he doesn't know anything about what is going on.

It's what makes him such an excellent character.

He has no reason to care. But he does. He has no reason to want to fix things. But he does. He doesn't know anything about what is going on, but he wants to step in and help anyway. Touma isn't a perfect protagonist. A lot of people say how they like Mikoto because of how flawed she is as a character, that's actually why I like Touma so much. He is flawed in a much larger way. Some people call him crazy. But he always has this redeeming trait of being unable not to help other people. This trait of his just draws me in somehow. I'm not sure exactly what it is... But for some reason he has this drive to not need a reason to save someone no matter who they may be no matter how evil they may have been. IMO he is a very interesting character... I think there might be a deeper reason as to why he is like this...

Either way though... what makes me enjoy Touma's involvement so much is actually the fact that it isn't predictable. I understand why you think it might be predictable in terms of the fact that he has to win by punching his opponent. And you think that Mikoto's manga is so much better because she wins by using crushing attacks that are dynamic and amazing.

But that's why I like both styles. As you said, Touma's opponents always have some weakness that he takes advantage of. But that's what makes his fights so awesome. He is actually pretty weak. He doesn't have a power that guarantees his victory at all. He has pretty much an incredible power... but it doesn't really do that much for him. All it does is give him a chance. If he doesn't use it correctly he will lose so he isn't absurdly powerful like other characters (I'm not talking about Accelerator... he's too weak to count as one of those at this point in the railgun manga).........

So when Touma wins it is all skill not really that much talent. He always has to perform. He can't just rely on inborn powers to easily win every time. It's way harder for him to win in general, which makes it so interesting. He relies on his own willpower and his smarts and intuition to win fights and continues on and makes decisions even when he shouldn't be able to because that is just how he is as a person. So he becomes very interesting to me. It is true that he will always end a fight most likely in a similar way, but what draws me to him is how he does is skillfully and why he does it. You say he doesn't know much about what is going on. But that's his amazing point. He will fight anyway. He doesn't need to know. He will do what he thinks is right. He doesn't care about not hurting people's feelings, he wants to save people's lives first... that's pretty admirable. He always runs into danger... That's just something amazing about him. I see why you could think it boring and predictable, but I also see why you could think its amazing. It's probably just a matter of perspective.

Now that an Accelerator and Index manga are newly coming out... and now we have mangas for 4 main protagonists... I don't see the problem as long as railgun and Accelerator also crossover into all 4 mangas... This way we would actually have a lot of main characters appearing everywhere. From my point of view, people complain about Touma appearing in Railgun so often because it seems like Railgun is just a way to make Touma look like a more important character... but now that an Accelerator manga is coming out... it makes me think that Touma's only been involved because it made sense at the time. With Accelerator it was obvious. With stopping Misaka's winged form it might be obvious... I'm not sure if her friends could handle her in that form... we will see... I guess.

I recently figured out that maybe Kamachi really only cares about world building. He isn't trying to make any of his characters the best character ever, he's just trying to build an immense world of totally amazing characters. He is doing it though for the sake of having an immersive world not for having one or two good characters. This is why I'm not worrying as much especially now after hearing the fact that the Accelerator and the new manga focusing on Index's life are coming out...
You, my friend, win one Internet! That was a really good explanation and made me change my views somewhat. I also didn't know that an Accelarator manga was coming out! That's gonna be pretty cool :-) I do think that Kamachi is a lot about world building. I personally really like the science side, but the magic side not much ;-)
Old 2013-08-25, 08:36   Link #4944
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Keats, don't double post. You can use the [EDIT] button on the lower right to include any new statments.
Old 2013-08-25, 11:04   Link #4945
R.LocK
My turn

Also, spoilertag. A huge quote and a short reply kinda clash with one another-

Oh, by the way, I think Misaki never used Exterior while interacting with Mikoto before. If Misaki with her ability alone was able to cause a severe headache to Mikoto, then Mind Out upped to Eleven should be able to do the trick.
Old 2013-08-25, 15:28   Link #4946
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keats View Post

I thought that at some point Mikoto's father was in the same room as Aleister, but I don't remember for sure, so I won't comment any more on that part. I still think they're friends, since he let Aleister experiment on his daughter, she lives in AC under basically AC protection. When Mikoto was in Hawaii and some bad guys wanted to kill her, they decided not to because that would have meant war with AC. AC wouldn't go to war for just anybody's daughter. Even if she is a level 5. Once again, personal opinion.
That's not something you can call personal opinion. We know they are not friends. They had a conversation in SS2 where Tabigake flat out threatened Aliester after getting a hint about the sisters.

Quote:
But since the Sisters are clones of Mikoto, aren't all their brainwaves the same? Gensei took over Mikoto through the Misaka-network, and not by beeping his remote-control (ie by using Exterior). Even Misaki, when she had control over Exterior, was not able to control Mikoto. The only way the Misaka-network would be able to overpower Mikoto is if they shared the same brainwaves... otherwise, the Misaka-network would be able to overtake the whole city.. basically everybody, without needing Exterior. So, if they have the same brainwaves, Mikoto should be able to control the Misaka-network, if she were strong enough to do so. She probably isn't, since she got taken over herself.
First of all whatever it was that flowed into Misaka to change her was not the Misaka network. That was said in the chapter.

Second of all Misaka does not have the same brainwaves as her sisters. Otherwise Misaka would be connected to the Misaka network at all times.

And finally can we all please stop pointlessly speculating about something when we have so very little information. Is everyone really so sure that their interpretation of what Gensei said was correct when it was 1. translated from a different language 2. We don't know who exactly he was talking to and 3. Kamachi wrote it vaguely on purpose so that we wouldn't know what exactly he was talking about.
Old 2013-08-25, 15:33   Link #4947
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
Man looking at the forum made me think of something, On the last chapter of railgun, there were only a few days of post then it died down. NOW when we have this chapter of pre-level 6 Misaka, AND man it one whole of month of comments and there still coming, can't wait for this monday/tuesday chapter and see every one reaction

Now here a question that been bothering me since the chapter came out. People Have been complaining about Touma involvement in saving Misaka from her "Berserk" mode saying it a deus ex machina!! A Deus Ex Machina is when some new event, character, ability, or object solves a seemingly unsolvable problem in a sudden, unexpected way. We saw Touma in couple of chapter already, we Know him since CH 3, so he not new, so he can't be a Machina.

So is it me, or people just nick picking about it?

PS: I thought people in the past wanted More Touma In the Railgun Anime/Index because they can get away with that since it not in the novel and the POWER OF GOOD FILLER >.<
you do know allot of railgun only fans are the ones mostly complaining right its true that a number of people i know are also complaining about touma saving mikoto again even though despite the fact that they themselves want more touma in railgun as well(im one of those who are complaining as well). but i got a question, whos been saying touma being a deux- machina? i haven't seen much people saying that as of now.
Old 2013-08-25, 15:35   Link #4948
Ilidsor
Angelerator

It's so much worse because he hasn't saved Mikoto so it makes no sense to complain about it. Anything could happen.
Old 2013-08-25, 15:44   Link #4949
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
It's so much worse because he hasn't saved Mikoto so it makes no sense to complain about it. Anything could happen.
to be honest with you, i was expecting allot more people to be complaining but so far not really much has been said so far about touma appearance much in railgun ch 61 as much as i thought. i wonder how are the Japanese fans comments so far on this chapter? can't tell if they are liking touma appearance or not.
Old 2013-08-25, 16:20   Link #4950
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I would like to point out something anyway. If we think of certain specific arcs, then we can remember that Touma has run to save the day before and arrived late before because someone else did it for him... This has happened before, so it might happen again anyway...
Old 2013-08-25, 18:14   Link #4951
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I would like to point out something anyway. If we think of certain specific arcs, then we can remember that Touma has run to save the day before and arrived late before because someone else did it for him... This has happened before, so it might happen again anyway...
that could work out fine, i mean it be alright if touma just made it at the end after everything ended and carried misaka to the hospital.
Old 2013-08-25, 19:34   Link #4952
Shinhwa
Banned

Can't wait for next chapter GAHHHHH
Old 2013-08-25, 20:37   Link #4953
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
whos been saying touma being a deux- machina?
Me back when my shtick was Touma bashing. I still think Touma is a walking deus ex machina

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2013-08-25, 21:01   Link #4954
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Me back when my shtick was Touma bashing. I still think Touma is a walking deus ex machina
i always assumed you liked kamijou, well i guess i can understand why some people assumes kamijou as a dues ex machina.
Old 2013-08-25, 21:11   Link #4955
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
i always assumed you liked kamijou, well i guess i can understand why some people assumes kamijou as a dues ex machina.
To be fair, he is one somewhat often. But IMO it doesn't actually matter because it's usually done very well IMO.

I mean... like I explained above... that's his character. So it isn't strange if he seems exactly like one. His personality lets him be one. But its interesting to me because of his personality
Old 2013-08-25, 23:53   Link #4956
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Railgun spoilers are out.

Images
Translation by js06
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Also translated by js06

Images
Other pics

Images
Pic w/ translation

Images
Last image w/ translation

Last edited by belatkuro; 2013-08-26 at 00:43. Reason: added new pic and fixed stuff
Old 2013-08-25, 23:57   Link #4957
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

So she knows, huh.
Spoiler for Index/Railgun spoiler:
Old 2013-08-26, 00:19   Link #4958
Haigon

More spoilers

Spoiler for by Js06:
Old 2013-08-26, 00:20   Link #4959
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Railgun spoilers are out.

Images
Translation by js06

Images
Also translated by js06

Images
Other pics
M-MY WAVERING SOUL! IT VIBRATES SO HARSHLY, MY POWER IS GOING OVER THE MAXIMUM!

... That's what I felt when I saw the images for these popping out. Good thing I didn't literally explode from the excitement.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2013-08-26, 00:21   Link #4960
pkmntrainer7
Hidden Behind the Truth

And one more.

Spoiler for nsfw:
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen