AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-30, 00:06   Link #621
tempest3991

[QUOTE=qtipbrit92;1566108]High school? Harem?
Kanon, Clannad, and True Tears come to mind. Are these the kinds of things you were referring to?

BINGO ugh they make me sick
Old 2008-04-30, 20:12   Link #622
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie103 View Post
Naruto - I can't explain why I don't like it. I just watched one episode and hated it.
o rly?
At least give it a couple of episodes before saying you hate it.
I gave it about 10 or so and I don't really hate it so much as "I don't see myself watching 220 episodes of this."
Kind of like Golgo 13, except that I can't see myself sitting through 50 episodes of it. I don't dislike it, I just don't like it enough to keep watching.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest3991 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
High school? Harem?
Kanon, Clannad, and True Tears come to mind. Are these the kinds of things you were referring to?
BINGO ugh they make me sick
Wow, I was being sarcastic since they aren't really high school/harems (True Tears is, though.), but that's fine too, since they're so similar to things like Ichigo 100%, Girls Bravo, Rosario + Vampire, etc.
Old 2008-05-14, 06:04   Link #623
Ryuubi
^^

Suzumiya Haruhi no yuutsu
Lucky Star
Mai otome
Bleach
Old 2008-06-22, 11:06   Link #624
supremanade

I don't really watch anime "everybody likes". Haven't seen even one scene of Naruto or bleach, for example (of course in some AMV, but not any actual episodes). But i gotta say, something people really seem to like is Love Hina. I HIGHLY dislike it. Its not funny to make me laugh, and its not romantic to make me cry. Its lame. The story is so predictable, and there is not even a proper ending. And the worst, those girl characters are really annoying and they always end up punishing Keitaro (isn't that his name?). Comedy? Naru sends Keitaro flying with a punch. Haha. Romance? Um...none? One sucky confession scene. In the "bonus" episodes.
Old 2008-06-22, 18:45   Link #625
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Love Hina anime got really butchered compared to the manga. Do a poll on those who have seen both, and at least 80% will tell you to read the manga.

According to a rather discerning friend of mine, the reason why Love Hina is praised is that compared to other ecchi harem series, it's probably done not too shabbily, to which I thought," Man, maybe that's why I only read harem series, and not watch them as anime."

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2008-06-22 at 19:12.
Old 2008-06-23, 09:56   Link #626
supremanade

Well, yeah, i have watched the whole anime series and read some episodes of the manga and the manga SEEMS to be better but i never finished it.

So, tell me, does it have different ending? Does Naru and Keitaro actually end up together? I there a proper confession scene? Is it romantic? If none of that, is there something fun besides Naru smacking Keitaro all over the place?

I know manga is usually better than anime, but i still want to be sure not to waste anymore time in Love Hina if its as lame as the anime. No offense <3
Old 2008-06-23, 15:10   Link #627
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremanade View Post
So, tell me, does it have different ending? Does Naru and Keitaro actually end up together? I there a proper confession scene? Is it romantic? If none of that, is there something fun besides Naru smacking Keitaro all over the place?
Spoiler for Love Hina ending:

Which point are you in the manga? I wouldn't want to throw things out only to be either redundant or too spoilerish.
Old 2008-06-23, 18:15   Link #628
eru_panda
Seirei no Moribito????

Send a message via AIM to eru_panda
Naruto............................awful anime ever!!!
Old 2008-06-23, 19:40   Link #629
maymay
Inactive~

I really couldn't get in to any of the .hack series and I didn't like Fate/stay night. Also really hated Gundam Seed/Destiny, School Days, Naruto, Inuyasha, Shakugan no Shana II and Hayate no Gotoku. And for some reason I just could not get myself to sit through all 13 episodes of True Tears. I know a lot of people say its really good but I just did not like it.
Old 2008-06-23, 19:52   Link #630
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by maymay View Post
I really couldn't get in to any of the .hack series and I didn't like Fate/stay night. Also really hated Gundam Seed/Destiny, School Days, Naruto, Inuyasha, Shakugan no Shana II and Hayate no Gotoku. And for some reason I just could not get myself to sit through all 13 episodes of True Tears. I know a lot of people say its really good but I just did not like it.
I understand you. Back then in 2005 when I watched .hack//sign and .hack//twilight in TV I said to myself, "You like it! You DO like it!" because there was not other *interesting* anime on TV. But when I discovered direct downloads and torrents I told to myself "I DO NOT like it!". Also when I watched F/SNback on 2007 it was nice, not "OMG SO AWESOME AND SABER IS SO CUTEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" as everyone said. I didn't understand all the magi/magician/spell/servant stuff until I played the game a few months ago. And to finish, I will tell you that if you didn't like True Tears it's because that is not *quite* your type of series. I've also stalled it at episode 9, it's nice and all, I love the pacing and so, but I just can't stand how they do all that stupid things and no one tells them "wtf r u crazy!!??" or gives a speech of what to do and what not to.

Old 2008-06-23, 19:55   Link #631
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuubi View Post
Suzumiya Haruhi no yuutsu
Lucky Star
Mai otome
Bleach
Absolutely hated Haruhi and Lucky Star.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2008-06-23, 20:25   Link #632
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maymay View Post
In the .hack//sign series' defense, I believe you have to play the video games to have any chance of liking the anime. I don't play the game, though, and I dont like the anime. At all. It is boring with a convoluted plot. But unless you played the game, the plot won't make much sense anyway (according to my friend, who tried to explain the plot to me, but I wasn't listening, lol). However, that in and of itself annoyed me. You should not have to play a game to fully understand an anime's plot and the world it takes place in. It is frankly lazy and irresponsible of the scriptwriters beacuse a lot of basic information was completely left out, and half I time I didn't know how stuff worked.

Fate/Stay Night was a horrible anime, and for being based off of an eroge, could have at least put up a better performance. I watched it all the way through just so I could say I did, but I regret it. Gigantic plot holes, unrestricted character shield, and just plain stupid character design annoyed me. Yes, there were touching moments and cool action (Archer's final fight was epic), but frankly the foundation of the show (arguably Saber and Shirou) was shaky at best. Frankly, to be honest, the only characters I really liked were Archer and Rin. Everyone else could die for all I care.

I can't stand Gundam Seed or Gundam Seed Destiny either, because it's full of emo characters. It's like Sasuke from Naruto, but ten times worse. I found very few characters likeable, so I didn't bother watching the rest.

School Days was bad all around. I couldn't finish the series, though I hate doing that. I hated almost all the characters.

I don't like Amenaideyo! at all. Usually I like the ecchi series types, but for some reason this one just didn't do it for me. From an annoying (and stereotypical) hream male lead, to the huge group of girls (of which none had romantic feelings for the main character. therefore losing any chance of romance plot), the series was at best, weak. I also never understood what they were trying to do. Okay, fighting evil spirits... and? Nothing. I watched up to 15 episodes then stopped because it was a waste of my time. In other words, it was boring. As I said, I like ecchi, but it has to have something of actual substance to justify the ecchiness. I actually dreaded having to sit through the next episode, which is why I stopped watching.

In either case, my requirements in order for me to like s series are either strong characters, a strong plot (can be romance, a strong enemy force, or shocking twists, but it's gotta be there), or great comedy or action. I prefer if it has as many of these elements as possible. Any of the anime I listed above are seriously lacking in one or more of these elements.

I still think it's hilarious when people say "I hate Anime XYZ" and leave it at that. At least give some reasons. It just sounds like your hating on it for no reason. Besides, everyone ignores posts with no thought put into them anyway.
Old 2008-06-23, 20:29   Link #633
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Gundam Seed was ok to me, due to the world view. Yes, Destiny should be trashed.

School Days: Play the game. You'll feel alot better being able to control the storyline.

.hack series: Sorry, the anime is just a money spinning scheme, as far as I'm concerned (much like how anime spawns barely playable games).
Old 2008-06-23, 20:57   Link #634
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
In the .hack//sign series' defense, I believe you have to play the video games to have any chance of liking the anime.
While I cannot speak for anyone but myself, I loved the anime, and I have not as much as touched any of the games. (Or any of the other series in the .hack franchise, for that matter.)
Old 2008-06-23, 21:40   Link #635
jon0lim

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Strikers
Bleach
Naruto
Shakugan no Shana II
Da Capo
Old 2008-06-24, 11:42   Link #636
supremanade

Irenicus?! WTF?! They do?! Now i just gotta read the manga :P OMG sounds a lot better than the anime! OMG OMG!
Old 2008-06-25, 00:35   Link #637
Usami Haru
Mr. Broshido
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Fate/Stay Night was a horrible anime, and for being based off of an eroge, could have at least put up a better performance. I watched it all the way through just so I could say I did, but I regret it. Gigantic plot holes, unrestricted character shield, and just plain stupid character design annoyed me. Yes, there were touching moments and cool action (Archer's final fight was epic), but frankly the foundation of the show (arguably Saber and Shirou) was shaky at best. Frankly, to be honest, the only characters I really liked were Archer and Rin. Everyone else could die for all I care.
OH GOD YES.-
I thought the same. Damn, the game was really good, but the anime was just...It tried so hard that it failed. failed hard. Apart from Archer, the only good thing in the series was Tomokazu Seki as Gilgamesh, I loved him. Also Shirou x Saber was so cheesy and Cliché that I tried to skip every scene with them lol.

Gundam Seed was good to me (My first serious Gundam watch), but when you compare it to the original Gundam, then yeah, It is bad. I am not going to talk about Destiny, One because it was awful, and second because everyone knows that.

One thing that everybody I know loves and I hate is Claymore. Watched the first three episodes and it bored me to death. I like the manga, it's fun and all, But the anime was just too serious for me. It had good stuff, like the music, it just wasn't good enough to keep me interested in it.

PS: School Days can be good if you don't take it seriously, the same thing happens with Code Geass R2, at least to me.
Old 2008-06-25, 00:38   Link #638
Nervous Venus

Everyone I know hates Claymore, and I love it, lol.

On the other hand, everyone seems to like Clannad, Kanon, and Rumbling Hearts,
while I hate them.

I'll also add:
Asatte no Houkou.

For reasons unknown, even to me.
Old 2008-06-25, 01:04   Link #639
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

This might be a shocking one but I've never actually watch SnS...
*Waits until the raging people stop throwing tomatoes at me*

I tried, I really tried, quite a few times actually, but nope, never got around to finish an episode, and the later review with season two didn't help either. Another reason might be because I don't like the whole wimpy guy/tsundere pairing. >__<
Old 2008-06-25, 02:29   Link #640
Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Send a message via Yahoo to Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius
Naruto Shippuden
Bobobo-bobo-bobobo = odd. seriusly sometimes i don't understand with the story!