AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-12-19, 23:58   Link #201
Enigma 56
An Enigma of sorts

I constantly think about what living in a more ideal world would be like. It would be fantastic to be like baki, fighting towards supremacy. It would be euphoric to live as a samurai in samurai champloo or rurouni kenshin. However, I think it would be even better if the real world were to change. I live with the goal to change this world. I hope one day that realizing reality doesn't destroy a person's vision. I envision a world without economic problems and discrimination issues. One where being sucked into the mundane isn't an issue. If this mindset were to take hold reality would be so much more tolerable. I would love to live in an anime, but I cannot yield to reality. Neither should any of you.
Enigma 56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 00:08   Link #202
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I would go for a normal one (or at least, not fantasy), although if I wasn't one of the main or at least somewhat important characters it wouldn't be very fun. Examples would be REC, Nodame Cantabile, or Gunslinger Girl.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 02:41   Link #203
Burning Star IV

Hi, um, I want to take a slightly serious approach at this. I joined Animesuki mainly to post on this particular thread and share my feelings. At this point, I don't care if it is the "popular" thing to do, but anyway, to the point...

2008 has been a rough year for me. I've lost my girlfriend of 6 years, I'm having issues at work, I've been dealing with money problems, as well as dealing with recent health issues. Most recently, I (meaning I and 2 others) applied for a mortgage to a new house, in which the bank pretty much said NO, and lost about $8,000 in the process.

Yeah, yeah, I know you're asking what this has to do with here and this post. The only major thing (besides my closest friends and playing Halo 3 here and there) that has kept me sain this year has been the Touhou Project games. As I learn more about Gensokyo and its characters and personalities, the more and more I keep imagining living there too. For some reason, to me, it's a balance of fantasy and some reality. Also, learning more about those characters, I learn they are not perfect either. I would love to be friends with some of them. Those games and the universe they live in is awesome. It has been my little getaway whenever life has gotten me down. I absolutely love it.

Granted it's not an "official" anime, but I feel it is just as important to mention it as a universe all its own just like any anime that most watch and get immersed in. (There is an animation made by Maikaze coming out this month that is a doujin.)

Anyhoo, I'd thought I'd share this and I hope that someone out there understands where I'm coming from.
Burning Star IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 04:36   Link #204
train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma 56 View Post
I constantly think about what living in a more ideal world would be like. It would be fantastic to be like baki, fighting towards supremacy. It would be euphoric to live as a samurai in samurai champloo or rurouni kenshin. However, I think it would be even better if the real world were to change. I live with the goal to change this world. I hope one day that realizing reality doesn't destroy a person's vision. I envision a world without economic problems and discrimination issues. One where being sucked into the mundane isn't an issue. If this mindset were to take hold reality would be so much more tolerable. I would love to live in an anime, but I cannot yield to reality. Neither should any of you.

"YES WE CAN!"
-Barack Obama
train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 07:44   Link #205
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma 56 View Post
I live with the goal to change this world.
Amazing
Even if it's just your words, it's awesome...I never even heard that in any anime (or maybe i have, but don't remember)....
you with your Ideal...But doing so proved to be a zero point possibility task...People in this world...or should i say..The world itself has corrupted to the extent that cannot be changed back...but it's your dream, so go for it...Impossibility is nothing.......
Miyamoto Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 09:14   Link #206
tlv

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I would go for a normal one (or at least, not fantasy),
normal one too but like Kaoru in Ai Yori Aoshi because I want a wife like Aoi
tlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 14:26   Link #207
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Id like to go and visit the Pokemon world!

That way id be able to go and train up a ground type pokemon and the challenge Ash to a battle. Inevitably he'll chose Pikachu and then I go about schooling him and showing him that believing in your pokemon is not what makes you win battles!

That, or show everyone that his pokemon are probably the most hax thing in any anime world having Officer Jenny blood test his pokemon for illegal rare candy substances which he must be giving them between episodes.

That is all.
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 03:36   Link #208
greatpower2

This topic should have been named do you not want to live in an anime. Personally I would pick Naruto, I mean everyone is and/or knows a ninja how awesome would that be. Oh and no more homework thanks to shadow clones.

Plus an easy if you kill the bad guy good things will happen. It is so much simpler than real life. Which is what I think draws us to TV in the first place.
greatpower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 20:42   Link #209
Sniper Wolf
Untamed,Solitary

hmm...i would like to travel to all animes meet everyone have a cup of coffee with them and talk...
Sniper Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 14:52   Link #210
AyumiDesu
Kiss-sui.com Princess

I thought that I wished that I lived in an Anime.

But when I watched anime and I learned something from them, I always wondered how I could use it in this reality. That's how I feel more from anime.
AyumiDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 15:26   Link #211
Cinocard

I've always wanted to live in different anime, have little nice chat with anime characters here and there, telling them how much sometime they can piss me off, but that i don't blame them, since it's director and script writer faults.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 18:22   Link #212
Ryuugu-chan
.....?

I want to live in Hinamizawa,from Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni,atleast for the summer.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-02-16, 19:44   Link #213
ezara

I'd like to spend my time in Beautiful Dreamer, the second of the Urusei Yatsura movies. Even if I do suddenly disappear like one of the regular cast.
ezara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 20:42   Link #214
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Id like to go and visit the Pokemon world!

That way id be able to go and train up a ground type pokemon and the challenge Ash to a battle. Inevitably he'll chose Pikachu and then I go about schooling him and showing him that believing in your pokemon is not what makes you win battles!

That, or show everyone that his pokemon are probably the most hax thing in any anime world having Officer Jenny blood test his pokemon for illegal rare candy substances which he must be giving them between episodes.

That is all.
Or arm Team Rocket with real weapons so they don't have to use Pokemon to do all their illegal stuff.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 23:22   Link #215
Kafriel
Senior Guest

If I ever found a magical lamp and had 3 wishes out of a genie, my first one would be able to cross worlds and then I'd go into aaaaaall kinds of anime worlds I know and play around.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 02:16   Link #216
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Hmm I'm quite content with my current lifestyle and I've got my future planned out as well.

However sometimes I wish a led a more exciting high school life. I guess this is why I like reading/watching a lot of school/slice of life manga/anime.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 17:38   Link #217
Arekkusu723
>.>

i wish that every day lol. i would wanna live in the rosario vampire world and attend youkai academy.
Arekkusu723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 17:53   Link #218
kimichan09
Kimiko Ashihara

Send a message via AIM to kimichan09 Send a message via MSN to kimichan09
Ive always wanted to live in any of the school-based animes like School Rumble, Azumanga Daioh, and Pani Poni Dash! XD Cuz my school life isnt that exciting o3o

Sometimes, if I want real adventure, I wish I lived in those crazy anime like Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni and Code Geass! 8DD

Created byNabiki Asakura
kimichan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 18:13   Link #219
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn View Post
Am I a freak?
not really, reality sucks sometimes for the average joe...so not really much wrong with imagining your life was different in some way, whether it be an anime world, movie world, summin from a book...its all the same
AceD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 08:29   Link #220
shinryou
--- semi-hikikomori ---

no your not a freak, i don't know many people who watch anime who wouldn't want to have pokemon or magical powers, or gundams etc.

For me, it's not the "world" i'd like to be in but the situation the character finds himself... particularly in high school anime it's interesting to ting what you would do given the situation... also, who'd not want to be the lead in a harem anime

"can't get away... from the sound of life..." - shinryou
shinryou is offline   Reply With Quote