AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-14, 20:34   Link #121
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
French Satelight member Thomas Romain has said this in reaction to the trailer

Quote:
Footage is from the 1st episode,its first edit was done last week.OK,I'm working on it so I'm biased but things are looking good.The chara design is nice,very cute.It might be very "sugary" but the universe around it isn't so it balances things out.Some phases of animation are pretty impressive,there's a good team of animators.
As you can see some of the phases of the concert are in 3D cel shading like idolmaster.2D is still there for the close up shots to keep good design quality and enough subtility in the design of the faces.
Nothing is finalised (3D animation,compo effects...),there's still a lot of work to be done and the airing date is getting closer.The first show should be 13 episodes long and a sequel with as many episodes is planned shorty afterwards (I have no idea if I the right to say this,oh well...)
Old 2012-03-14, 20:53   Link #122
sa547
*Author

In that case, to reassure Rena (and some sharp-eyed fans) it would be necessary to do some actual and detailed mo-cap of every individual's dance routines and body language, along with more movement joints in the skeletons, to add life-like "personality" in the movements.
Old 2012-03-14, 20:54   Link #123
Undertaker

I did see that in the Chinese forum earlier. Rena Matsui is the one of the Double Matsui, co-Ace from SKE48 and a Arcade fan as well as one of the many ACG otaku in the 48 family.

If I remember correctly, she wasn't particularly directed at the CGI format but the fluidity of movement of what's being shown and the dace choreograph itself.

Well, we'll just have to wait until the finished product.
Old 2012-03-15, 08:17   Link #124
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Rather the show is more on the musical side than full-on serious sci-fi (I believe that the last time a major pop group had an animated feature of their own, even though short-lived, it was New Kids on the Block).
You've hurt Puffy AmiYumi's feelings.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 08:41   Link #125
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
You've hurt Puffy AmiYumi's feelings.
Thanks for mentioning that, too. That duo slipped out of my mind years ago, but yes, you're right.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-03-15 at 09:04.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 09:03   Link #126
Undertaker

BTW, I found this clip from the Yearly Shibuya AX Concert where 48-family sings 100 songs in a 4 day event where the fans got to vote from any of 400+ stage/cd songs they have. It's the 6th encore song in Day 2 for 2011 concert and #35 in 2012 concert.

This is the song that is used in the background of the early build trailer from sa547:

Spoiler for AKB48 [B]Shojo-tachi yo [少女たちよ]:
Old 2012-03-15, 12:37   Link #127
sa547
*Author

Got incoming news today:
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-8120.html
Old 2012-03-18, 06:36   Link #128
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
To be more precise, Macross Frontier Music Clip Shuu: Nyankuri (the Northern Cross concert sequence). Also the first few minutes of Sayonara no Tsubasa at Sheryl's concert.

It's too early to go dissing.
I haven't seen any of the Macross Frontier movies.... (some people still don't believe this lol..) as far as the series goes none of the Sheryl and Ranka scenes had CGI animation for them. But of course this has a lot more moving parts compared to just Sheryl and Ranka (or both of them for some). OT but I'm now listening to some of the Frontier songs and getting hit with a heavy dose of nostalgia...

Anyway... best case scenario for this was going to be like Idolmaster.... 2nd was going to be the "money saving" Love Live! style with all closeups being typical animation and any mid and long cuts being all CGI. Worst case is completely CGI, Precure ED style.. Going by Romain's update it looks like they're going with the Love Live! style with the blend of the two styles. Am I happy? Probably not.. since even a lot of the Love Live PVs look awful when they use the GCI scenes way too close.. and it's always noticeable... but I guess it could be worse.. CGI mechas were expected considering this is Satelite and Zero/Aquarion/Kissdum/Frontier/EVOL.... but CGI dance scenes.... meh.. I hope they aren't too lazy with it.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 14:59   Link #129
Katapan
俺様祭り

Key visual:

No high res version out yet, it seems. A few screenshots of the first episode are also available on the Oricon website (it also has a full report on the AKB0048 talk corner of the TV Kanagawa Anime Festival).

Spoiler for For easier viewing...:
Old 2012-03-20, 16:47   Link #130
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Well, I finally figure out the my own question earlier on what exactly are those legacy members and the generation honorific are for.

Should have realized it sooner since its a fairly common cultural tradition in East Asia when it comes to professions and clans. I just got confuse by the names and thought those legacy members were suppose to be their real live self.

Legacy members are simply regular members who inherited the name of the original (real live) AKB members based on the quality they displayed. So Takamina the 5th is literally the 5th Takamina or fourth person to carry the name Takamina and isn't Takamina being the 4th generation of some unknown group.
Do you have a link that explains that, I am limited to the wikipedia article and it does nto mention any name inheriting going on.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 22:06   Link #131
Undertaker

Actually I got that from the AKB0048 manga that just started serialization.

The 1st chapter has the Kenkyusei refer to some of regular members with names of real life AKB member and it explains that top members will get carry on the name of legendary members based on their style and resemblance.

The keys here is that there are multiple of them so clearly the generational designation isn't some that they shares among them but unique to each name. And like I said inhering names is a fairly common practice in skill professions in East Asia, especially in Japan.
Old 2012-03-20, 22:45   Link #132
sa547
*Author

Did a brainfart: I forgot that Mikan Ehime and Risa Ebata are the one and the same woman.

The screenshots are far different from the initial character sketches. Detailed backgrounds are, undoubtedly, becoming Satelite's trademark.

OBTW, the Idolm@ster games and [AKB1/48 Idol to koi shitara] PSP dating sim are developed by Namco Bandai, which means, given that there are some franchise crossovers of late (Street Fighter and Tekken, for example), I'll not be surprised if there comes an IM@S vs. AKB0048 game down the road.

I want someone to hit on this spin-off manga into English.

Also, the official site gets a splash-page update:

Finally...

Last edited by sa547; 2012-03-23 at 01:46.
Old 2012-03-23, 17:25   Link #133
Undertaker

A note on the manga spin-off.

The manga seems to be the prequel of anime witht eh main character just getting promote as 12th Maeda Atsuko. Where are from the anime profiles, the current legacy members is the 13th Maeda Atsuko.

Spoiler for Manga Spin-Off:

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-03-23 at 19:21.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 22:59   Link #134
FrontStone

Send a message via MSN to FrontStone
I'm huge fun of AKB48(Miichan & Takamina Oshi), and of course I love anime,
so I thought this anime project is for me. Oretoku.
I'm looking forward to watching! wktk!
FrontStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 23:01   Link #135
sa547
*Author

^
However we're small at the moment, I welcome you to our wota club.
Old 2012-03-24, 02:23   Link #136
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Enjoy this PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJHP02cUY_s
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 04:59   Link #137
sa547
*Author

As in... (use the Youtube tags):

We ain't seeing nothing yet! And one of them is throwing bombs!

Last edited by sa547; 2012-03-24 at 05:45.
Old 2012-03-24, 05:03   Link #138
Katapan
俺様祭り

Oh boy, is that Mariko at the 0:37 mark?
Old 2012-03-24, 05:57   Link #139
sa547
*Author

Damn, they're trying to fight off the riot pigs! Methinks of that Foo Fighters video (The Pretender).

This quoted from an old-timer Macross fan:
Quote:
I gotta admit... I don't really like AKB (like, AT ALL), but this anime has me curious...

Last edited by sa547; 2012-03-24 at 07:16.
Old 2012-03-24, 09:24   Link #140
Utsuro no Hako

I love the "No Idols" sign, as though there's a risk of people breaking into elaborate song and dance numbers in a run-down industrial district.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime