AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-03, 12:09   Link #221
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

bah am I the only one who thinks the make a great couple? they get along to well
Old 2004-05-03, 12:12   Link #222
Budweineken
Crap

This gay crap is overwhelming me.... i think i'll go watch some Maria-sama for some girl-girl action
Old 2004-05-03, 12:42   Link #223
mirichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budweineken
This gay crap is overwhelming me.... i think i'll go watch some Maria-sama for some girl-girl action
Yeah... because girl-girl action is NOT gay crap, eh?

Double standards anyone?
Old 2004-05-03, 12:51   Link #224
cindialai
Tsukimori

Send a message via MSN to cindialai
I think Yuri is pretty close to Conrad.. could it be another shouen-ai relationship?
Spoiler:

i want to know if Kyou Kara mao is popular in Japan or not?
Old 2004-05-03, 12:51   Link #225
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

there are enough girl-girl action in current animes already, Madlax and Baku-Ten anyone? It's nice to see a series filled with bishounens once a while
Old 2004-05-03, 12:54   Link #226
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindialai
I think Yuri is pretty close to Conrad.. could it be another shouen-ai relationship?
Spoiler:

i want to know if Kyou Kara mao is popular in Japan or not?
lol I know. ^^ Aren't they cute together. ^^
Old 2004-05-03, 13:02   Link #227
Karala

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirichan
Yeah... because girl-girl action is NOT gay crap, eh?

Double standards anyone?
I know what you mean. I don't know why people have such a problem with it, I watched Maria-sama ga Miteru and sure I didn't go "OMG girl-girl action! Yay!", lol, but I also wasn't going "OMG! Why am I watching a show about girls when I'm a girl?! Sick!" type of thing. I don't really have a problem with it... I mean, when I'm open to the idea of two guys in a show I don't think I should been closed-minded to two girls in a show... or maybe my way of thinking is just strange O__o

Yuuri and Conrad... hmmm.... I like the idea of Yuuri and Wolf better xD even though that scene with them hugging was hilarious! I think it's more of a father son relationship... I think since Conrad was a good friend of Yuuri's father he wanted to look after Yuuri like a father, in place of his friend, who ever Yuuri's real father is...
Old 2004-05-03, 13:10   Link #228
dreamless

hmm... as a male myself, I do prefer to see more pretty girls than pretty boys... not double standards, just personal preferences
Old 2004-05-03, 13:11   Link #229
Secca
nya`
*Artist

The funny thing is that scene when Conrad hugging Yuuri, Yuuri were also holding the skeleton. I don't know much about skeleton, if I were the skeleton, I would blush listening to Yuuri. >_<

Last edited by Secca; 2004-05-03 at 13:24.
Old 2004-05-03, 13:16   Link #230
mirichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
hmm... as a male myself, I do prefer to see more pretty girls than pretty boys... not double standards, just personal preferences
And as a woman, I prefer pretty boys...

But you don't see me going into girl on girl anime threads and calling it gay crap... You don't like, stay away... don't come in using incendiary wordings.
Old 2004-05-03, 13:18   Link #231
mirichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
The funny thing is that scene when Conrad hugging Yuuri,
I don't say it's not a possibility, but I find that Conrad seems very paternalistic towards Yuuri... Gunther, on the other hand ... I doubt I'll forget his impure thoughts line in episode 2!
Old 2004-05-03, 13:25   Link #232
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I love Gunther character, he's so awesome. He was totally playing the jealous lover. And the thong.

That thong just too hilarious. ^^
Old 2004-05-03, 13:32   Link #233
sothis

Quote:
But you don't see me going into girl on girl anime threads and calling it gay crap... You don't like, stay away...
ah, but this is a lovely double standard prevalent with all males, especially young, insecure ones (and there are a LOT of young ones who browse this forum).

gotta love homophobic people who get so nervous about anything homosexual that they need to make derogatory comments, while being total hypocrites!
Old 2004-05-03, 17:11   Link #234
LinChoiSin

i 'm not a huge fan of gay stories but if the plot and the characters are good then i'll just enjoy the show.If i have to choose i'd prefer watch a shonen ai anime rather than a shoujo ai maybe is it why i dropped MSGM after one episode.As for KKM it really is a greaaat show .
Old 2004-05-03, 18:50   Link #235
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Episode 3 is staggeringly funny. The scene where that... um, geeky boy discovers Yuuri's thong had me laughing for about ten minutes. And I love how Gunther went straight for his belt buckle, heh. How typical.

Isn't it funny that the only bad guy thus far is also the *only* person (male or female) in the entire cast who isn't mind-numbingly gorgeous? Speaking of which, the sexy queen's red dress is one of the hottest outfits I've ever seen.

So far I'm definitely in favor of the Wolfram/Yuuri pairing. Wolf is such a cutie. ^_~
Old 2004-05-03, 19:11   Link #236
sainfate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirichan
I don't say it's not a possibility, but I find that Conrad seems very paternalistic towards Yuuri... Gunther, on the other hand ... I doubt I'll forget his impure thoughts line in episode 2!
Oh my God!! So do I !! That was well funny... I still laugh just thinking about it!
Old 2004-05-03, 19:22   Link #237
Rosa_Gigantea

Quote:
Originally Posted by sothis
ah, but this is a lovely double standard prevalent with all males, especially young, insecure ones (and there are a LOT of young ones who browse this forum).

gotta love homophobic people who get so nervous about anything homosexual that they need to make derogatory comments, while being total hypocrites!
not defending the guys, but from my experience heterosexual female are just as hypocritical about lesbians/yuri. Though fanboys tend to be more inflammatory about their dislike of gay male erotica/yaoi.
Old 2004-05-03, 19:41   Link #238
sothis

eh?

you are saying that most females shun girl/girl, but LIKE guy/guy? i'd beg to differ on that
Old 2004-05-03, 19:50   Link #239
Rosa_Gigantea

Quote:
Originally Posted by sothis
eh?

you are saying that most females shun girl/girl, but LIKE guy/guy? i'd beg to differ on that
hehe I didn't mean to generalize ^^;
Old 2004-05-03, 20:19   Link #240
dreamless

hmmm... there's indeed more guy/guy actions in shoujo manga than in shounen manga...
Closed Thread