Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-18, 04:14   Link #21
NeoSam

From AnimeNewsService:

Quote:
Teppan Shoujo Akane Drama
Aoki Tateo and Ariga Hitoshi's manga Teppan Shoujo Akane, serialized by Shonen Gahosha's Young King will become the basis of a new TV drama to air on TBS at 9:00 from October 15th, 2006. Maki Horikita will star in the laead role of a young Tokyo-based Teppan "iron plate" cook who travels Japan in search of her missing father. In the process of touring the country, she uses the unique ingredients found in various areas to serve up many out-of-this-world dishes that will surprise viewers every week. In an Iron Chef sort of twist she must battle other chefs through culinary competition. The original manga ran for one year from April last year through June and two volumes are currently on the market. While not a very popular comic at all, TBS has siezed on the storyline as it has become known as an underground masterpiece.
鉄板少女アカネ!!
Teppan Shoujo Akane!!

Seinen manga
2 volumes and finished.
Old 2006-08-24, 15:33   Link #22
NeoSam

The seinen manga Cupid No Itazura Nijidama is getting a drama series.

From Anime News Service:

Quote:
Cupid No Itazura Nijidama To Be Adapted To Drama
Taku Kitazaki's (Angel Cop, Nagisa Me Kourin) manga Cupid No Itazura Nijidama, serialized in Shogakukan's Young Sunday will be adapted to a TV drama to begin airing in October. Actress Hiromi Kitagawa will star in the lead role of an Office Lady (OL) with a mischeivious mind who works for a computer and media manufacturer. Embroiled in a love triangle, her man suddenly, is overcome with a weird disease that involves him losing his ability to ejaculate during sex.
Old 2006-10-07, 10:20   Link #23
NeoSam

Yay ^^ the male oriented light novel Shinigami No Ballad is getting a live action drama >.<

From Anime News Service:

Quote:
Shinigami No Ballad To Become Drama
Based on Keisuke Hasegawa's Shounen, Fantasy Seinen light novel published in Japan by Dengeki Bunko, Shinigami No Ballad: Momo The Girl God Of Death will become a live action TV drama in Japan. In the past the story was adapted to a popular late night anime TV series on WOWOW. No other details are available at this time.
Old 2006-10-23, 08:02   Link #24
NeoSam

The seinen manga Shamo (軍鶏) is getting a live action movie

From AnimeNation:

Quote:
Live Action Shamo Movie Announced
Director Soi Cheang has reportedly begun production on a Chinese live action film adaptation of Izou Hashimoto & Tanaka Akio's brutal martial arts action manga Shamo.

Source: Kaiju Shakedown
Old 2006-11-04, 12:35   Link #25
LynnieS

Did a quick search to see if this was announced earlier here, but came up empty. Excuse if I was wrong.

Planning to air in spring of 2007, "Maison Ikkoku" was announced earlier by ANN (and by others) with Misaki Ito-san playing Kyoko Otonashi. The part of Yusaku Godai will be played by 21-year old Taiki Nakayayashi-san, a college senior at Osaka Gakuin University. ("The Yomiuri Shimbon" and TV Asahi)

From the newspaper article, this will be Nakabayashi-san's screen debut, and was selected from 3200 applicants in auditions open to amateurs only.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 08:16   Link #26
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

I'll post this here too:

Quote:
Interesting bit of news, a trio of live action Avatar The Last Airbender movies has been announced, directed by M. Night Shyamalan. I can't think of a more unlikely director for this series, I would have thought Robert Rodriguez or someone like that...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 09:07   Link #27
NeoSam

I'll be reviving this thread >.< starting from today any new live action movie/series that gets announced and is based on a manga/light novel will be posted in this thread >.<

Hopefully I can keep up with this and the other "billions" of projects that I'm dealing with
Old 2007-05-05, 20:33   Link #28
Sakuya
*Artist

Oh! I found one! It's a special drama adaptation of the manga/anime, Maison Ikkoku. It airs on May 12th.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 22:01   Link #29
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
Oh! I found one! It's a special drama adaptation of the manga/anime, Maison Ikkoku. It airs on May 12th.

Oh that really great news though I did feel Maison Ikkoku was a wee bit dragged at the end I would love to see a live action of that . I hope somone subs the live action of this 80s masterpeice
Old 2007-05-05, 22:02   Link #30
Sakuya
*Artist

It seems like it's only a special, though, not a series. I guess we'll know by then. I wonder what kind of ending it will have?
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 23:17   Link #31
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
It seems like it's only a special, though, not a series. I guess we'll know by then. I wonder what kind of ending it will have?
Hmm well I got the idea from the post it was a special I was reffering to the series on which this live action special is based on . Well I have a ahunch it will be loosely based on the anime special Maison Ikkoku: Through the Passing of the Seasons which was released in 88 which is a recap of the whole series . Or it could also be 92 special which I have unfortunately not veiwed Maison Ikkoku : Prelude, When the Cherry Blossoms in the Springtime Return .

Also I do hope they retain some old tunes, Suki Sa by Anzen Chitai was my fave opening : )
Old 2007-05-09, 07:29   Link #32
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
random question, shouldnt this go int he unaired topic lol
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 06:26   Link #33
NeoSam

The shoujo manga Life (ライフ) by Suenobu Keiko (すえのぶけいこ) is getting a TV Drama series.

The manga is serialized in the shoujo manga magazine Bessatsu Friend, and has 15 volumes released as of this post.

Covers of available volumes can be seen here.

The manga is licensed by Tokyopop and 4 volumes are released so far, and volume 5 will be released in June 2007.

Synopsis:

Quote:
Ayumu Shiiba is a middle school girl, and she is amidst studying for high school entrance exams. Ayumu is always struggling in tests, and she gets help from her best friend Shii-chan, who is always the top score taker in class. The two aim to go to the same high school together, and they study hard. Ayumu eventually beats Shii-chan in test scores, and it leads Shii-chan to fall into despair. In order to avoid hurting her best friend, Ayumu gradually lies about her superior test scores from Shii-chan. On the day the tests results are announced, Ayumu is shocked to discover that she passed into the high school of her choice, and Shii-chan did not. Shii-chan is outraged from the results, accusing Ayumu of betrayal and being reliant too much. The two best friends' relationship has been destroyed. Ayumu tries to alleviate Shii-chan's pain by cutting herself in the wrist. Ayumu cuts herself multiple times as a form of apology to Shii-chan. She begins to believe that the pains from the cuts are the only solace from all the agony she has been through. As the new school year starts, Ayumu carries an exacto-knife in her pocket for comfort. As the days go by, Ayumu has finally made a new friend at her new school, Manami Anzai. Manami is a cheery girl, and she talks mostly about her boyfriend. Manami's sometimes manipulative and unpredictable behavior flutters Ayumu. Manami seems to let Ayumu into her other group of friends, but Ayumu still has a hard time making good friends because she is afraid of hurting them like Shii-chan. One day, Ayumu makes plans to meet with Manami, and Ayumu finds that Manami had broken up with her boyfriend. Manami is shaken up, and she tries to jump in front of a train to kill herself. Ayumi saves her, but Manami seems to be more angry than thankful for being saved.

Last edited by NeoSam; 2007-05-12 at 06:45.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 08:33   Link #34
NeoSam

The seinen manga Shimane no Bengoshi (島根の弁護士) by Aoki Tetsuo will be getting a TV Drama.

Manga's site:
http://bj.shueisha.co.jp/manga/simane/

The manga is serialized in the seinen manga magazine Business Jump.

Available volumes can be seen here.

From TokyoGraph:

Quote:
The story is set in the Shimane Prefecture, which supposedly has the fewest lawyers in all of Japan. Nakama plays the role of the hard-working and righteous Mizuho Yamazaki, who travels around by bicycle to help her clients.
Old 2007-05-17, 02:52   Link #35
NeoSam

The seinen manga Yama Onna Kabe Onna (山おんな壁おんな) by Atsuko Takakura will be getting a TV drama.

The manga is serialized in the seinen manga magazine Evening.

Available volumes can be seen here.

A synopsis can be found here:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Yama_Onna_Kabe_Onna
Old 2007-05-29, 00:15   Link #36
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Good News! Other than the Taiwan live drama version of HanaKimi, Japan is going to have their own soon! The drama will start July 3rd, starring Maki Horikita.

http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/fujitv/news...07/07-138.html
http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/hanakimi/index.html

XD
Ja-Y-Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 07:06   Link #37
NeoSam

A new project to start working on From today on I'll try my best on keeping this thread updated with the latest live action shows based manga/light novels.

Thanks for moving this thread to this forum
Old 2007-10-14, 11:59   Link #38
NeoSam

The light novel Chii-chan wa Yuukyuu no Mukou by Akira will be getting a live action movie.

Light novel details:

ちーちゃんは悠久の向こう
Chii-chan wa Yuukyuu no Mukou

Released on: February 5, 2005
Author and illustrator: Akira (日日日)
Published by Shinpusha under their Shinpusha Bunko label.

Official movie site:
http://www.chiichan.net/

A trailer is available for watching here:
http://www.chiichan.net/trailer/index.html

The movie will be released in japanese theaters in January 2008.
Old 2007-10-17, 19:04   Link #39
NeoSam

The seinen manga Mori no Asagao by Gouda Mamora will be getting a live action movie adaptation.

The manga is serialized in the seinen manga magazine Manga Action, with 7 volumes curently released of the manga.

モリのアサガオ
Mori no Asagao

From here:

Quote:
Mori no Asagao" ("A Morning Glory in the Woods") meanwhile takes up the issue of capital punishment, featuring the relationship between a young executioner and a death-row inmate of the same age.
Old 2007-10-27, 13:08   Link #40
UPR

Classic Shōjo Manga Anmitsu-hime Gets Television Drama

Anmitsu-hime, Shōsuke Kurakane's classic shōjo comedy manga series that first ran from 1949 to 1955, is being revived in a live-action television drama special that will air on Japan's Fuji TV next January. Mao Inoue (live-action Hana Yori Dango's Tsukushi) will star as Anmitsu-hime, a headstrong princess who gets into mischief in a fanciful feudal land known as Amakara.

The original manga had already spawned a 1954-60 live-action film series, a 1983-84 live-action drama television series starring Kyoko Koizumi, a 1986-87 manga remake by Izumi Takemoto in Nakayoshi magazine, and a 1986-87 anime television series by Studio Pierrot.

Source: Sankei Sports via Ultimatum

Links:
http://www.sanspo.com/geino/top/gt20...007102506.html
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/oroshi/20071026

Tags
announcements, live action, trailers