AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Old 2010-06-25, 03:40   Link #1301
minagoroshi-hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
LESS INTERESTING THAN THIS??? DEAR LORD, I won't even bother.
That's very nice of you,I must say.I'm sure you didn't even give it a chance and you saw everything in a bad light.I agree though that the lack of shading on characters is the only major problem of Baccano.Well,you have your opinion and I certainly won't try to force mine down your throat.Maybe you should watch the remaining episodes without a biased eye.
minagoroshi-hen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 04:46   Link #1302
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by minagoroshi-hen View Post
you didn't even give it a chance
I think half the series is way much of a chance.

Quote:
and you saw everything in a bad light.
Of course I did. There was no shading, the cameraman must be fired, lol. But seriously, the first 4 episodes were plain terrible and I have no idea why so many people liked that parade of random people and lame puns.

Quote:
I agree though that the lack of shading on characters is the only major problem of Baccano.
You mean Durarara. Baccano didn't had this much.

Quote:
you should watch the remaining episodes without a biased eye.
How can I possibly watch without bias a series which has left me completely disappointed up to half? Even if the second half is better (and I was told it's far worse) it would still not make up for the bad image it gave me.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 05:26   Link #1303
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
I never liked Bacanno so I desided to give this a chance.
That doesn't make any sense.

Well anyway, I really suggest you stay away from character driven storylines since it seems they just aren't your thing.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 06:38   Link #1304
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
It's not like story driven series are any better. The characters there have little cotrol over their actions and they are all peons to the fate that is the story. I prefer a good balance of both. For example, FMAB has both character driven story AND a very good scenario which doesn't get stuck, drag or does circles for dozens of episodes.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 11:42   Link #1305
coraleaterlinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
That information has not been officially confirmed yet as far as I know.
I've also been looking up Durarara videos lately, and been getting "This video has been removed due to a copyright claim from Aniplex".
coraleaterlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 12:07   Link #1306
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by coraleaterlinda View Post
I've also been looking up Durarara videos lately, and been getting "This video has been removed due to a copyright claim from Aniplex".
Based on its actions there and elsewhere, Aniplex clearly hopes to bring DRRR to the US. The probability is very high that DRRR will come to the US. But it's not been officially confirmed yet by anyone that DRRR is coming to the US. Which is the only point my comment was making.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 14:46   Link #1307
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Based on its actions there and elsewhere, Aniplex clearly hopes to bring DRRR to the US. The probability is very high that DRRR will come to the US. But it's not been officially confirmed yet by anyone that DRRR is coming to the US. Which is the only point my comment was making.
It's not an official announcement, but the people who have gotten screeners of the Gurren Laggan movie report that there are two trailers on there, one for Darker than Black II and one for Durarara. The article over on Mania says that both are fully subbed and are coming to the US. Not sure if this has any bearing on it, but I was looking through old ANN news articles and found that the website for this Gurren Laggan movie had gone up quite a while before the announcement so Aniplex may just be a bit slow in that area.

Although I kinda hope it's not true, I want to hear dub! Issac and Miria again!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 15:34   Link #1308
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
It's not an official announcement, but the people who have gotten screeners of the Gurren Laggan movie report that there are two trailers on there, one for Darker than Black II and one for Durarara.
That's the "elsewhere" I was referring to. Also, I'm hearing a lot of trauma about the possibility of a sub only US release. Several people have commented that Durarara would make for a good dub. A statement I totally agree with.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 15:55   Link #1309
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
That's the "elsewhere" I was referring to. Also, I'm hearing a lot of trauma about the possibility of a sub only US release. Several people have commented that Durarara would make for a good dub. A statement I totally agree with.
Ahhh, I was wondering what you meant there. And I also would love to watch DRRR dubbed oddly enough. I want to re-watch it subbed but I think, for some strange reason, that it could do well dubbed (plus dubs sell more in the US, plain and simple).
And so we return to the waiting game, I wonder if not having the DVDs all out yet makes licensing more tricky.
Old 2010-06-25, 21:49   Link #1310
Kirarakim

I feel Funi would be going after Drrr (and DTB 2 for that matter). After all Funi has Baccano (and the 1st DTB). I don't know maybe those series didn't sell so well but it just seems odd to me that Funi wouldn't be interested in Drrr. And obviously if Funi gets it there would be a dub.

But maybe Aniplex does want to take out the middle man again.
Old 2010-06-25, 22:10   Link #1311
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I feel Funi would be going after Drrr (and DTB 2 for that matter). After all Funi has Baccano (and the 1st DTB). I don't know maybe those series didn't sell so well but it just seems odd to me that Funi wouldn't be interested in Drrr. And obviously if Funi gets it there would be a dub.

But maybe Aniplex does want to take out the middle man again.
IIRC the dudes on ANNCast said something along the lines of if crunchyroll picks something up, it means that Funi skipped on it. Not sure if this is always 100% true though.
Old 2010-06-25, 22:12   Link #1312
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
IIRC the dudes on ANNCast said something along the lines of if crunchyroll picks something up, it means that Funi skipped on it. Not sure if this is always 100% true though.
Nope, Funimation has gotten Last Exile, Chrono Crusade, and Kaleido Star and those were all on Crunchyroll (abeit they were license rescues). Having it streamed does mean that it's less likely to get licensed now (which seems silly, just have a clause in the contract that streaming rights will go to the R1 distributor and they're losing less money to fansubs there).
$0.02
Old 2010-06-25, 22:13   Link #1313
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Nope, Funimation has gotten Last Exile, Chrono Crusade, and Kaleido Star and those were all on Crunchyroll (abeit they were license rescues). Having it streamed does mean that it's less likely to get licensed now (which seems silly, just have a clause in the contract that streaming rights will go to the R1 distributor and they're losing less money to fansubs there).
$0.02
I was saying more along the lines of new series, rather than license rescues.
Old 2010-06-25, 23:10   Link #1314
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
Not entirely correct. It was more along the lines that they're wary of picking up things that are already streaming on services other than their own. Not that they'll skip them. And they've certainly picked alot of Gonzo stuff that's been shown on Crunchyroll (Druaga, Blassreiter, Linebarrels, Strike Witches).
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 16:32   Link #1315
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Also, inversely, some titles on Crunchyroll may have been passed on by FUNimation already - the Japanese licensors would prefer to sell to someone like FUNImation who will go for the full extras package on streaming, video rights, packaging assets etc. Part of the reason why Crunchyroll announcements are often so late is that people are holding out till the last minute for a better offer.
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 09:48   Link #1316
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Don't know where to post this, so here we go...

I got bored and googled Russian Sushi just now, and low and behold, it is a REAL cuisine style. Guess I shouldn't be surprised, as Japan and Russia are neighbours and neighbouring nations swap food ideas all the time.
Суши По-русски
Old 2010-06-30, 10:20   Link #1317
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I got bored and googled Russian Sushi just now, and low and behold, it is a REAL cuisine style. [/URL]
Wow...that's pretty cool. Looks like they've taken the concept and the aesthetics and applied it to Russian ingredients? (I don't know what Russians normally eat...except from google...) Wonder how it tastes...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 23:14   Link #1318
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Aaannndddd DRRR is in fact licensed by Aniplex of America! Article here (with a link to the website) and it will have an English dub as well (pleasekeepIssacandMiriapleasekeepIssacandMiria).
Old 2010-07-02, 23:19   Link #1319
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Aaannndddd DRRR is in fact licensed by Aniplex of America! Article here (with a link to the website) and it will have an English dub as well (pleasekeepIssacandMiriapleasekeepIssacandMiria).
That'll be something if they outsourced the dub to FUNimation.
Old 2010-07-02, 23:22   Link #1320
Kakkou
Tch.

Good news and move by Aniplex USA, even the logo looks similar to the original, unlike many other companies which just redesign the whole thing (for the worse). Now, with luck they'll replace Miria and Issac's dub VA's for their cameo =). Now all that's left is for me to wait for it to reach Australia and pray Madman doesn't screw up the release or even better, someone else gets DRRR!! before Madman coughsirenvisualcough.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, light novel adaptation, shounen