AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-06-05, 21:39   Link #861
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Well, Comar has been playing Living Target for her for a while... Actually, he still does.
oO What did he do? Did the Ion Canon lose much of it's potency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Spoiler for Background Information: Albert W. Wily:

Name: Zero
Alias: None
Species: Artificial Human/Cyborg, Type-00A model
Height: 6’4”
Weight: 210 lbs
Skin: Pale
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Device: None
Magic System: Ancient Belka
Ranking: AA
Moral Alignment: Chaotic Good

Theme Songs:
“Vestige”, T.M. Revolution
“Reason”, Tamaki Nami
“Reclaimer”, Martin O’Donnell

Spoiler for Character History:

Spoiler for Character Description:

Spoiler for Character Abilities and Spell Information:

Spoiler for Spell List:

....you know, I just realized how pathetically short Zero's spell list is, even for someone with a spotty magical education.
O_O I think I might've been influenced by your avatar but, this char (profile and skills) is very similar to Zero(Megaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
@Goose: Caro's health drinks pack far more punch than 1000 of Shamal's...
o_O Caro? Health Drinks? What about Kusuha's?

Oh yeah i noticed that Kha's, Keroko's and Kyral's avatar to be similar O_O
anyway, mind telling me who created Cadia Zwei? I tried searching for her profile but... >_<

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 22:15   Link #862
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
O_O I think I might've been influenced by your avatar but, this char (profile and skills) is very similar to Zero(Megaman)
Uh... If you were around when he showed up... It essentially WAS Zero from Megaman. Even Dr. Wily was involved.

EDIT: And from the looks of things... Wily's STILL involved.
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 22:34   Link #863
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Yeah, Zero hasn't undergone many changes since we finished dehaxxing him. He's still a port and he'll probably stay that way, but I'll likely convert him into another OC for the Hayatecanon StrikerS timeline, probably related to the Forwards in some way. His spell list will need expanding for that, though, and he'll likely turn into one of Subaru's fellow Type-00s instead of a Type-00A. If they get paired up somehow, expect someone to label their assigned quarters "The Machine Pit" as a practical joke.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 23:12   Link #864
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
This was suppose to be in yesterday... sigh. I need to work faster...
Spoiler for Happy Birthday Hayate:
Sorry for not asking permission for any OCs used without permission and multiple apologizes to Hayate-san for the belated gift.

Btw, crack was inspired by Lowe so thank him or curse him

I'll response to some of the other posts later.
I see Kha was called out to his Firehawk again. You guys really want Fate to be singing "「私の彼はパイロット」" huh?

And Riot 6 dismantled before the next June on the calender...

But other than that, awesome Khrack. Kudos to you and Lowe for banging it out so quickly. Had a good laugh, made me feel better after a rather disastrous run in my test today.
Old 2008-06-06, 00:23   Link #865
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Arbitrary breaker starting point. Because...it's cooler that way! :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Heart View Post
i need a help in fiction i am writing i am doing on it a crossover with an anime, i have two anime: Strawberry panic and Kannazuki No Miko which one to choose, i don't know.

and well i did choose a title for my fiction: Fire Emblem Seal.

yep Nanoha, Karu, Keroko, Fate, Hayate will have to dea wth Fire Emblem Seal.
Ah, yet another new Cadian amongst us? Welcome.

I'm no expert on crossovers, nor on those two series, so I can't help you much there...but I do wonder if you're a Fire Emblem fan. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiniIllumi View Post
*peeks in and blinks* ...um... *looks around shyly* I've been sent here... to post my characters.

They're from a fanfic I'm writing in the Fanfic Thread... but I think it's time I posted info about them so they aren't so random.

*plays with her shirt* T_T please go easy on me !

Spoiler for Suki Motomiya:

[/SPOILER]
Well, the original idea of this thread was to post original characters, so any info at all is a good thing.

Sports-loving tomboy, eh? I think that's a new one round here, not that I'm complaining. I'll wait to do anything worse until I get to see her magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
*pops in*

Quick present then.

Spoiler:

Wordier than I expected but I felt like it so what the heck.

*pops out*
Awwww~ it's cute...been too long since we had proper WAFF around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
About grammar and spelling you could always ask a fellow cadian to proof-read it. At least I know that SpaceBrotha does it.
Yeah, don't be afraid to ask us for anything. We're all nice folks here...most of the time. *evil grin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Gone for the dinner and what I see when I come back? A fcking hilarious Phoenix Wright style mock trial in IRC, between Phean and the evil Yakyuken overlord.
Yeah...I think I missed that one...

Quote:
Heh. That reminds me of the Phoenix Wright scenario I had in my head for Tesla, where Regius puts Hayate on trial for a shady crime and Tesla had to solve it, Phoenix Wright style, with a bit of Detective Conan mixed in for sheer awesomness.
Keroko, you should totally do that. I'd read it...and laugh...and laugh...and laugh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
First draft of the Lyrical Babel timeline. I'm just putting this up here so I can link to it.

Spoiler:
Ahh, you were talking about that. Hmm...alright. Waiting for more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
*spreads some crack in here, too*

Spoiler for Battle Speech:

*RUNS LIKE HELL*
For some reason I can't comprehend...computes.

*runs*

Quote:
And this was my response to Eva's crack in the FF Thread:

Do the impossible!
See the invisible!
ROAR ROAR Fight the POWAA!

Touch the untouchable!
Breaker the unbreakable!
ROAR ROAR Fight the POWAA!

What you wanna do is whacha gotta do
Just, Breaker your way through and you'll make them see the truth.
Uh huh.
You'll see the power of Pink coming through baby.

ROAR ROAR Fight the POWAA!!!

It's been too long since I've let out that great cry...

ORE WA DARE DA TO OMOTTE YAGARU!!!

Even if your rendition if fightin' the powa is a bit...different from the norm.

Quote:
I swear Kha, you mere presence can drive a man to completely khrack up.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but...that is what he does best.

Quote:
oO Did the original one get so overloaded with bluecheesium that it had to have a 2nd reincarnation? Are there any new terms created? XD
Actually, yeah. Skyfall said the original thread was getting to be so massive they were having trouble keeping up with the server backup or whatever. Point is, Cadia Zwei is born anew. Apparently she looks like Rein Zwei and calls Kha "onii-tan." :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Seven Arcs seems to have given up on developping erio and Caro the instant Vivio has entered the picture. And no, the previous sentence is not meant to hate on Vivio, but just pointing out the director's cast mismanagement that bring me memories of School Rumble Nigakki. So far, only anime in this decade that has pulled a tightly managed large cast is Baccano! That people should check out if they have not done it yet.

I mean, how one can not like this kind of style?
That was probably my biggest gripe with StrikerS; too much focus on Vivio. The various secondary characters - forwards, 6th Division personnel - all pure untapped potential. Hopefully if we get an S4 that will be a point of focus.

Quote:
Pretty much.

As for new terms, I believe that's Cadia Zwei...

*is glomped again*

...-_-\\\

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
Ack-hem.

I'm back. Sort of, again. And with something new, too...So without further ado, I would like to present to all present:

The ZENITH Project
~Act One, Scene One~

Spoiler for The First Part...:
Loooooooooong stoooooooooooooory...

...is long.

But also very well-written. My hat's off to you. Lot of dedication to write something that long.

Quote:
Like how Reinforce has Reinforce Zwei, we have Cadia Zwei. And like Rein, she's small and adorable.
And at the rate we're going, isn't likely to stay small much longer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
*me slowly and groggily lurches in*

sigh...Boy, did I ever have a fun night last night...massive storm, the power went out, and I got about 4 hours of sleep all told...

I'll do a breaker later...looks like there's plenty to go through. Including belated happy birthday to Hayate-chan. *tosses Hayate a watermelon*

Looks like it's okay here, though. *yawns* Later...
Aww, it's okay, LE. Least you had an easy day today, and you get to go to the party tomorrow.

*notices Cadians staring oddly at him*

What? You never seen a guy hold a conversation with himself?
LimitedEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 00:31   Link #866
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

@LE: ZETSUBOSHITA! ORE MO ZETSUBOSHITA!!!

*RUUUUUNS*
Old 2008-06-06, 03:21   Link #867
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Not according to the OC Timeline on page 1.

Since A's ends right at the end of MC 065 (The book awakens on Christmas Eve), five months would put the Epilogue sometime in May of MC 066. Exactly when in 067 the incident takes place isn't clear, so I'm taking a little creative license and putting it at the end of winter 067, around February or so.
Ooh, Comar is doing his homework.

Though I wonder why you specifically put it at the end of winter in 067?

Quote:
The first five months following A’s leading up to the A’s Epilogue have already been mostly covered in the manga and the tail end of the anime. During this time, Hayate, Alex, the Wolks, and Nanoha and Fate assume their positions as cadets in their various positions, but they won’t actively begin acting as combat instructors, investigators, enforcers, etc for quite some time (6 years later, according to the StrikerS manga). Alex, wanting to stick with Hayate, joins the Wolkenritter in what the manga calls the “Special Investigations Assistance Department”, which I assume provides backup units for SIO officers in the field.
hmm? How did you get those 6 years? 6 years after A's they already are very much worked into the forces to the point where they are famous in teirown branches. In fact, the timeline shows that Fate passed her Enforcer exam in MC 068, roughly two years after A's, while Hayate completes her course a year after Fate. Nanoha is the only blind spot, but if we assume she passed after recovery (even though the timeline labelled it as an S-rank examination, its the only exam we have) that would mean she became an instructor in the same year as Fate.

Quote:
For instance, another idea of mine was to have Nanoha join the navy and eventually gain command over her own warship.
Fate would be assigned as this ship's resident Enforcer, and Hayate and the Wolks would use Nanoha's ship as a base of operations. The problem with this is now Nanoha is relegated to a command position and is getting somewhat shafted, though not to the same extent that Hayate was.
Actually, compare it with Lindy. How many times did we saw Lindy move into the field of battle? I'm counting one.

Better option would be to put them under Chrono's command. You still have all of them on board a ship, but you shaft only a person you're not much interested in writing with anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
This was suppose to be in yesterday... sigh. I need to work faster...
Spoiler for Happy Birthday Hayate:
Sorry for not asking permission for any OCs used without permission and multiple apologizes to Hayate-san for the belated gift.

Btw, crack was inspired by Lowe so thank him or curse him

I'll response to some of the other posts later.
Must... control.... laughter....

Quote:
oO What did he do? Did the Ion Canon lose much of it's potency?
Oh, hardly. Several of his ideas were completely obliterated because they went dead-straight against canon. By the looks of it, he's learned though.

Quote:
Oh yeah i noticed that Kha's, Keroko's and Kyral's avatar to be similar O_O
anyway, mind telling me who created Cadia Zwei? I tried searching for her profile but... >_<
Aaron. And as you'll see, his avatar is also very similar.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 04:02   Link #868
Aaron008R

Hey there, haiz. Meet Cadia Zwei!

Outer Cadia Zwei: Onii-tan! Onii-tan! <gestures cutely>

*Random Glompage*

XD

*runs*

@Everyone: Anyway, very little time for me.T_T
Incoming Thesis work and 4 Law subjects is gonna eat up a lot of my time... ;_;

But I'm still very alive!

Please wait for my proper return... ><

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2008-06-06 at 04:41.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 04:06   Link #869
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Speak of the Lurker... -_-\\\

EDIT: On another note, now all 3 Aces appear in a row.
Old 2008-06-06, 06:08   Link #870
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Spoiler for Trailer:
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 08:14   Link #871
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Uh... If you were around when he showed up... It essentially WAS Zero from Megaman. Even Dr. Wily was involved.

EDIT: And from the looks of things... Wily's STILL involved.
Well i wasn't around sooo I came back to post 1 thing last time and went MIA for a few months before coming back out of pure boredom :X

Quote:
Yeah, Zero hasn't undergone many changes since we finished dehaxxing him. He's still a port and he'll probably stay that way, but I'll likely convert him into another OC for the Hayatecanon StrikerS timeline, probably related to the Forwards in some way. His spell list will need expanding for that, though, and he'll likely turn into one of Subaru's fellow Type-00s instead of a Type-00A. If they get paired up somehow, expect someone to label their assigned quarters "The Machine Pit" as a practical joke.
ic...Dr wily is the one that appears when X goes into the capsule? I don't really know all the big names of MegamanX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Actually, yeah. Skyfall said the original thread was getting to be so massive they were having trouble keeping up with the server backup or whatever. Point is, Cadia Zwei is born anew. Apparently she looks like Rein Zwei and calls Kha "onii-tan." :3
Ic...it's prolly the size and i think every forum has a backup of a particular forum since you can't predict anything these days.

Quote:
Oh, hardly. Several of his ideas were completely obliterated because they went dead-straight against canon. By the looks of it, he's learned though.
Ic, mind reminding me what canon is again? I remember there was another canon term, over canon or outer canon i think.

Quote:
Aaron. And as you'll see, his avatar is also very similar.
Oh, I'm gonna miss his blue alt (or was it another guy with the blue alt avatar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Hey there, haiz. Meet Cadia Zwei!

Outer Cadia Zwei: Onii-tan! Onii-tan! <gestures cutely>

*Random Glompage*

XD

*runs*

@Everyone: Anyway, very little time for me.T_T
Incoming Thesis work and 4 Law subjects is gonna eat up a lot of my time... ;_;

But I'm still very alive!

Please wait for my proper return... ><
Lol Rein + emotion from Lucky Star = Cuteness of OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDD
Oh yeah...what's this glomp thing... >_< It seems that Kha was VERY annoyed by it
Hmm I can't find Cadia's profile >_< on ur OC profiles web and both Hayate profile parts XD

Oh ur taking law? That means you get to shout OBJECTION right?

Random Stuff: I see that Limited, Keroko and Aaron haven't changed their sigs yet , I wonder why i keep noticing and memorising all these things for no reason

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 08:35   Link #872
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Ooh, Comar is doing his homework.

Though I wonder why you specifically put it at the end of winter in 067?
No reason in particular, I just chose an early date to keep them from getting too attached to their jobs so I can more feasibly switch them around if necessary.
Quote:
hmm? How did you get those 6 years? 6 years after A's they already are very much worked into the forces to the point where they are famous in teirown branches.
Specifically, it was this page. Note how Amy refers to their applications, then talks about how this is probably their last mission together, as if they haven't had any problems working together prior to this. My guess is that they're finishing their tenures as trainees in their various branches and advancing into front-line roles which will keep them apart from each other.

Quote:
Maaaaaaybe. Or maybe I'm just biding my time until you've all let your guards down, then I'll unleash my own personal CANON BREAKAAAAAAA!!!! timed for maximum spit-take potential.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-06-06, 09:29   Link #873
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Oh yeah...what's this glomp thing... >_< It seems that Kha was VERY annoyed by it
Try having an overenergetic bubble hanging off your neck. That's a glomp. -_-\\\

And I'm annoyed by too much cuteness though. Too much moe is a turn off; I like my women strong and conserved (like Fate) or tsundere (like Sophia/Anita).

Quote:
Random Stuff: I see that Limited, Keroko and Aaron haven't changed their sigs yet , I wonder why i keep noticing and memorising all these things for no reason
I changed mine in preparation of the 5th Ed of Kha's profile.
Old 2008-06-06, 10:14   Link #874
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Spoiler for Trailer:
God machine? I'm guessing Al Hazarhed had a hand in this...

Quote:
Ic, mind reminding me what canon is again? I remember there was another canon term, over canon or outer canon i think.
'canon' is part of a story that is 'official' in Nanoha's case, that is the anime, manga and sound stages. The novel is subject to debate, because it has altered things from the other sources. If something is 'not canon' it is not part of the storyline (Cadia and fanfiction in general falls under not canon) if it 'breaks' or 'contradicts' canon it means that it basically ignores what happens in the series.

Quote:
Untill I find something I want to replace it with, this signature says.

Quote:
No reason in particular, I just chose an early date to keep them from getting too attached to their jobs so I can more feasibly switch them around if necessary.
Good point.

Quote:
Specifically, it was this page. Note how Amy refers to their applications, then talks about how this is probably their last mission together, as if they haven't had any problems working together prior to this. My guess is that they're finishing their tenures as trainees in their various branches and advancing into front-line roles which will keep them apart from each other.
Ah, but that contradicts the timeline, which says that they got into their respective jobs far sooner. What Ami was more likely reffering to (and what she in fact says) is their posts in their respective branches. Nanoha, for example, is highly ranked in the SAFA, but I highly doubt Nanoha would be places that high up imediately. She would have started out as a trainer of lowe level and climbed up. The higher they climb up the ladder, the less time they can spend together because they will be more busy with their respective posts.

Quote:
Maaaaaaybe. Or maybe I'm just biding my time until you've all let your guards down, then I'll unleash my own personal CANON BREAKAAAAAAA!!!! timed for maximum spit-take potential.
.... Clearly I should have introduced you to Keroko-tan better. She has a sixth sense for these kinds of things. And she doesn't spit-take, she fires at will.

Quote:
And I'm annoyed by too much cuteness though. Too much moe is a turn off; I like my women strong and conserved (like Fate) or tsundere (like Sophia/Anita).
Fate is too moe for me though (seriously, its like you can't say a word without her blushing and stammering -_-; ). Out of all the Nanoha characters, she scores pretty low on my list. I never really liked her at all. I hardly ever fall for the overly cute ones (never batted an eye at Nodoka, for example. Despite her popularity).

Though strangely enough Vivio seems to be an exception to this.
Old 2008-06-06, 10:21   Link #875
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Fate is too moe for me though (seriously, its like you can't say a word without her blushing and stammering -_-. Out of all the Nanoha characters, she scores pretty low on my list. I never really liked her at all. I hardly ever fall for the overly cute ones (never batted an eye at Nodoka, for example. Despite her popularity).

Vivio just hasn't grown up yet

I'd like to see you make her an exception if she's like that at 10-11 years old, Keroko...I know I'd be a little miffed if it happened.
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 10:21   Link #876
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Quote:
.... Clearly I should have introduced you to Keroko-tan better. She has a sixth sense for these kinds of things. And she doesn't spit-take, she fires at will.
Hair trigger of a Comar Breaker, eh?
Old 2008-06-06, 10:22   Link #877
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
It's called "Just as Planned."

XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 10:26   Link #878
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
Vivio just hasn't grown up yet

I'd like to see you make her an exception if she's like that at 10-11 years old, Keroko...I know I'd be a little miffed if it happened.
I doubt that, but if they make her a naieve little five year old in a 10-11 year old body... I think I'd start to shelter myself and go in denial.

Lucklilly though, she already seems more mature after she gets force-matured and her Relic blasted to pieces, so I don't think that will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
I'm not paying for his funeral!
Old 2008-06-06, 10:39   Link #879
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Fate is too moe for me though (seriously, its like you can't say a word without her blushing and stammering -_-; ). Out of all the Nanoha characters, she scores pretty low on my list. I never really liked her at all. I hardly ever fall for the overly cute ones (never batted an eye at Nodoka, for example. Despite her popularity).
Hmm, that helps to explain why Kero isn't a NanoFate shipper; he's immune to the off-the-charts Moe Quotient!

Quote:
She's invoking the So Bad it's Good trope in your case, Kero.

Quote:
I'm not paying for his funeral!
You'll have to catch me first, Deathwing!

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-06-06, 11:02   Link #880
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Canon: Anything that the original creators of the work made or authorized. Sometimes divided into "strict canon" and "expanded canon". In larger, more complex fandoms, there may be scores of individual sub-canons.

Strict Canon: Only what the original creators of the work made, or officially declared to be wholly and completely within their views of their creation.

Expanded Canon: Everything else canon that doesn't fall under strict canon. This includes spinoffs and tie-ins. Has a higher probability of containing continuity errors or dealing with alternate interpretations.

Fanon: Unofficial fan version of events, usually embraced by a sizeable portion of fandom, mostly for being convenient. Very dangerous for newbies, as often the oldbies don't bother explaining that what they're talking about is in no way official. Often has a tendency of being both confusingly complicated, and yet internally consistent, due to innate error-checking.

Fanwank: Attempts to reconcile errors, plot holes, or things that Do Not Make Sense in the canon, to make it consistent in-universe. The Magic and Tech thread is a typical example of this. Not always successful, and topics which have been discussed and abandoned for being unworkably broken may become inadvertant flamebait.

Retcon: Retroactive Continuity. An official attempt to change the backstory or established content. Can range from minor error corrections on re-releases (DVD correction of bad animation) to "Lucas-ing" (altering story events using better skills or technology) to complete character reboots.

Canon is seen to be important mostly so that we can all have a baseline on which to write our fanfics. One may ignore certain aspects of canon, but only if one knows what one is doing. This is not an easy thing to determine.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content