AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-10-22, 10:07   Link #141
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I think your last sentence ('shipping revelation) kind of limited the credibility of the first part What you're really saying is who YOU would pick. Ryuuji may be developing his own ideas about what is precious to him.

More seriously, I don't think its cut'n'dried that it'll end up TaigaxRyuuji ... they could easily become simply tight friends while ending up with other mates. Obviously, the author isn't interested in telegraphing the ending.
I really don't get why people like the aggressive, disrespecting, insulting *carrys on list* tsunade characters. It just doesn't make sense. If you do something nice to someone and they take advantage of it/not appreciate your efforts why carry on?
But thats my rational logic behind it.

And really you wanna bet that it isn't gonna end up as TaigaxDragon? Seriously.

The last anime i recall that actually threw a 'wtf this animes actually different than every other one i never saw it coming' was Shuffle. And theres been a good few years since then and now and almost all romance animes in between that; had predictable endings since episode 1. Please someone make an anime thats not predictable. *cries alot on someone's manly chest*

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 19:29   Link #142
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post

And really you wanna bet that it isn't gonna end up as TaigaxDragon? Seriously.
*Raises hand on accepting the bet*

In any case, the series is far from over. My guess is that it will become Shana-style story-telling, since both are light novels under the same company.
Old 2008-10-22, 20:32   Link #143
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
*Raises hand on accepting the bet*

In any case, the series is far from over. My guess is that it will become Shana-style story-telling, since both are light novels under the same company.
Oh my, hopefully it won't be another 30+ episodes of taiga going 'what is this feeling i'm having for'

No wait scratch that the lass knows of love.

*contemplates*

Shana-style story-telling is...?

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 21:51   Link #144
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
Oh my, hopefully it won't be another 30+ episodes of taiga going 'what is this feeling i'm having for'

No wait scratch that the lass knows of love.

*contemplates*

Shana-style story-telling is...?
Or he might be saying that there will be two seasons of Toradora, which is cool if they keep up the quality, but nothing in the romance is resolved at all...

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 22:40   Link #145
Falkor

And me wonders, why people are assuming that Taiga and Ryuuji are going to end up together? For all that matters, it’s not really carved in stone as far as I know… And first of all, before anything between the two can happen at all, either one of them has to break away with their respective “tunnel of vision.” This is not happening in the manga…
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 23:59   Link #146
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachopvutru View Post
Or he might be saying that there will be two seasons of Toradora, which is cool if they keep up the quality, but nothing in the romance is resolved at all...
Something like that. The author would probably drag out the stuff until it's time for him to end it. Almost like a shojo story, if you ask me.
Old 2008-10-31, 13:45   Link #147
NeoSam

A limited edition of the second volume of the shounen manga Toradora! will be released on January 27th, 2009.
Old 2008-10-31, 14:08   Link #148
Kikuchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
And me wonders, why people are assuming that Taiga and Ryuuji are going to end up together? For all that matters, it’s not really carved in stone as far as I know… And first of all, before anything between the two can happen at all, either one of them has to break away with their respective “tunnel of vision.” This is not happening in the manga…
Because of their alchemy, I guess.
Despite the way Taiga treats Ryûji, he's clearly the one with whom she's the most at ease, even more than with Minori.
Then there's also Ryûji regular comments about how she's beautiful, actually nice in the inside and all.

Like you said, however, they'd have to give up on their crushes first. In the current situation, a Ryûji/Taiga couple is totally out of the question.
The first chapter of the fourth novel that I read yesterday crushed the possibility in such a hilarious way that I'm still laughing when I think about it
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 15:45   Link #149
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
From what we've heard from the novel readers it sounds pretty clear.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 17:26   Link #150
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
A limited edition of the second volume of the shounen manga Toradora! will be released on January 27th, 2009.
I will be so looking forward to that (me hopes for some colored illustrations)...
Old 2008-11-01, 02:38   Link #151
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Falkor, manga follows novels pretty closely and in novels it is pretty clear about the couple. It doesn't mean that they will end up together (they may end up alone) but it is a fact that the novel development took them past the tunnel vision some time ago.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 08:41   Link #152
msuwildog80

Well I suppose the argument is that at this point in the manga, there seems to be a soft reset to their relationship (by the end of volume 1 you kinda suspect they are already soul mates). Which was something that had to occur at the start of volume two to make room for more stories. But it makes sense since there are already 9 and much more to go.

Its too bad that the manga is so faifthful to the novels. At this rate, it doesnt seem likely that it will ever reach any sort of conclusion.
msuwildog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 22:10   Link #153
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Spoiler for chap 13:
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 00:02   Link #154
excelence

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Spoiler for chap 13:
yeah, but...

Spoiler:
excelence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 16:27   Link #155
Falkor

a new chapter, finally... (yeah, me was finding strange that there was no chapter for this month... )

geeez, Ami looks so damn hot... and cute...

Old 2008-11-12, 07:03   Link #156
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by excelence View Post
yeah, but...

Spoiler:
That doesnt' really matter to me, since the anime is beyond that point. I would be kinda pissed otherwise. They didn't even get out of the diner.
Old 2008-11-21, 04:47   Link #157
Tiran86

Man, the pacing of releases of the manga is disappointing compared to the novels and anime.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 14:00   Link #158
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm guessing its pretty tough to do a manga adaptation of a novel rather than write a manga from scratch. Seems like most of the manga I've followed that were developed from light novels ran very slow in releasing (still waiting for the manga volume 2 of Ookami to Koushinryou).
Old 2008-11-21, 17:17   Link #159
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiran86 View Post
Man, the pacing of releases of the manga is disappointing compared to the novels and anime.
It can’t be helped since the manga is serialized on a monthly basis. I wouldn’t call it disappointing, but quite understandable in this regard.
Old 2008-12-10, 21:33   Link #160
frubam
simp for Lyria

Spoiler for chap 14:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vx View Post
I'm guessing its pretty tough to do a manga adaptation of a novel rather than write a manga from scratch. Seems like most of the manga I've followed that were developed from light novels ran very slow in releasing (still waiting for the manga volume 2 of Ookami to Koushinryou).
I cant see how, everything is supposedly there; the chars, their specific interactions, the plot, setting, possibly even inner monologues. The only thing there would be to do would be to decided what to leave out and possibly what to add. Seems easier to me than constructing something from scratch AND making it compelling to read.

Tags
romance, shounen